Oil spill propels drilling protest
In the oily wake of the BP spill, thousands of people plan to hold hands Saturday to show solidarity against expanding offshore drilling.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Floridatoday.com.
“Freelance New Media Artist”
Since: May 07
#1 Jun 22, 2010
Of course, no one protests this:
It seems incomprehensible that the president and other members of the administration still have jobs when it is now being reported that the federal government was apprised by BP on February 13 that the Deepwater Horizon oil rig was leaking oil and natural gas into the ocean floor.
In fact, according to documents in the administration’s possession, BP was fighting large cracks at the base of the well for roughly ten days in early February.
Further it seems the administration was also informed about this development, six weeks before to the rig’s fatal explosion when an engineer from the University of California, Berkeley, announced to the world a near miss of an explosion on the rig by stating,“They damn near blew up the rig.”
It’s also now being reported that BP was asking for the administration’s help on this matter long before the deadly accident and the now gushing well of tar.
Which leads me to some questions for the president. If I were in front row of reporters in the White House briefing room, here’s what I’d like to know:
1. It appears, Mr. President, that you were informed by BP about problems on Deepwater Horizon on February 13 and the company wanted your help. What did you say?
2. Given this new revelation, Mr. President, how can you can sleep at night knowing that your inaction cost the lives of eleven men in Louisiana?
3. Did you inform the victims’ families about these facts when you invited them to the White House for last month’s photo op?
4. You’ve said, Mr. President, time and again, that the buck stops with you. Doesn’t that statement seem like something bordering on propaganda when you follow it up with what appears to be a false sense of outrage by telling Matt Lauer that you’re looking for rear ends to kick?
5. Does the buck stop with you… or not?
Add your comments below
|Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10)||7 hr||Beanstr||234|
|Jew Monkey Business||12 hr||Washerman Slutz||1|
|New law could jeopardize Brevard teachers union...||14 hr||zionist BARn||1|
|Only anti-semitic ramblings, (_)_)IIIDers, and ...||15 hr||scrote shaft tip||1|
|Getting a workout (_)_)IIID||15 hr||scrote shaft tip||1|
|Problem isn't boners it's (_)_)IIID||15 hr||Melboner||3|
|Nazilust brings (_)_)IIIIIID||15 hr||Melboner||8|
Find what you want!
Search Melbourne Beach Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC