Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation

Aug 20, 2014 Read more: USA Today 39

Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation MELBOURNE, Fla. - A central Florida county could face a religious-discrimination lawsuit from an organization of atheists and agnostics.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Megadeth Groupie

Miami, FL

#21 Aug 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Bzzzt... You and that intellectual faker "Wolf" are ignorant wannabes without the slightest real investigation into Faith, or Scripture.
The Immaculate Conception has to do with Mary being Immaculate, without Original Sin, because God knew long before her human existence she would be the Mother of the Christ. It has NOTHING to do with becoming pregnant without a human man.
You guys not only do not read books, or Scripture, you don't read my posting correctly. You change it. You're dishonest, or plain stupid. Wolf is more of a disappointment. I said mathematics of the dimensions of Noah's Ark could prove the animals OF THAT REGION could fit on the Ark. Read Scripture. You will find there is usually a difference between what God said and what any man said.
Investigation into people believing in what there is no conclusive evidence for....that sounds productive.

You take this Bronze-Age fairy tale junk far to seriously.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#22 Aug 28, 2014
"God isn't on our side because he hates idiots too"--The Outlaw Josey Wales
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#23 Aug 28, 2014
Why do religious people insist on costing the taxpayers millions of dollars/yr, in law suits they can't win.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#24 Aug 28, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
Gaythiests can kiss my white ars.
You do realize you just called theists gay, don't you. "gay"theist.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#25 Aug 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Bzzzt... You and that intellectual faker "Wolf" are ignorant wannabes without the slightest real investigation into Faith, or Scripture.
The Immaculate Conception has to do with Mary being Immaculate, without Original Sin, because God knew long before her human existence she would be the Mother of the Christ. It has NOTHING to do with becoming pregnant without a human man.
You guys not only do not read books, or Scripture, you don't read my posting correctly. You change it. You're dishonest, or plain stupid. Wolf is more of a disappointment. I said mathematics of the dimensions of Noah's Ark could prove the animals OF THAT REGION could fit on the Ark. Read Scripture. You will find there is usually a difference between what God said and what any man said.
The underlying weakness in your argument is that you treat scripture and a biblical "god" as matters of fact. The Bible is not everyone's source of truth or wisdom.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#26 Aug 28, 2014
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize you just called theists gay, don't you. "gay"theist.
No, I called you gay, heathen. You must've missed that. I'll try and slow down so you can keep up.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Aug 28, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The underlying weakness in your argument is that you treat scripture and a biblical "god" as matters of fact. The Bible is not everyone's source of truth or wisdom.
Another example of your intellectual fakery.

You accept a challenge to define the Immaculate Conception, which is Christian dogma and you define it with what you perceive as Christian dogma. You define it incorrectly and when you are corrected, you assert the weakness in the dogma you accepted in defining something is irrelevant because of your bias concerning historical documents. You're a disappointing fake, who knows nothing of scholarship. You are suffering a thought disorder, likely caused from smoking dope.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Aug 28, 2014
Megadeth Groupie wrote:
<quoted text>
Investigation into people believing in what there is no conclusive evidence for....that sounds productive.
You take this Bronze-Age fairy tale junk far to seriously.
Drugged, blocked intellectual worth, precisely like "Wolf."

You bring up the Immaculate Conception as a criticism of Christian belief. You are challenged to define it with what you understand. You define it with what you perceive incorrectly as Christian dogma. When you are corrected, you whine using the biased and locked perception based in no study whatsoever, representing your lazy and unschooled and biased belief in nothing whatsoever except your failed humanity. You are simply an exhibitionist troll and should examine your life from its very foundation. The stagnant intellectual fakery of the doper mind is more than troubling. It is the basis of every single belief you think you have and they are all wrong.
Megadeth Groupie

Miami, FL

#29 Aug 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugged, blocked intellectual worth, precisely like "Wolf."
You bring up the Immaculate Conception as a criticism of Christian belief. You are challenged to define it with what you understand. You define it with what you perceive incorrectly as Christian dogma. When you are corrected, you whine using the biased and locked perception based in no study whatsoever, representing your lazy and unschooled and biased belief in nothing whatsoever except your failed humanity. You are simply an exhibitionist troll and should examine your life from its very foundation. The stagnant intellectual fakery of the doper mind is more than troubling. It is the basis of every single belief you think you have and they are all wrong.
I told you what it is, and you dance around in circles cackling I don't because I pointed out what crap it is....you got your own lame version of Immaculate Conception, not suprising since you believe in all sorts of crap. Now you even got yourself a catchphrase --"dogma". You should stop believing ancient fairy tales told when most people still thought the world was flat, and grasp 21st Century Man's knowledge. Thinking for yourself and questioning your own status quo would be enlightening. It would take you from your childish mentality.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#30 Aug 28, 2014
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I called you gay, heathen. You must've missed that. I'll try and slow down so you can keep up.
No need to slow down, you need to speed up and catch up to the rest of us.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#31 Aug 28, 2014
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to slow down, you need to speed up and catch up to the rest of us.
Passed you a long time ago, gaytheist.
Atypical Stereotype

Uvalde, TX

#32 Aug 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
Drugged, blocked intellectual worth, precisely like "Wolf."

You bring up the Immaculate Conception as a criticism of Christian belief. You are challenged to define it with what you understand. You define it with what you perceive incorrectly as Christian dogma. When you are corrected, you whine using the biased and locked perception based in no study whatsoever, representing your lazy and unschooled and biased belief in nothing whatsoever except your failed humanity. You are simply an exhibitionist troll and should examine your life from its very foundation. The stagnant intellectual fakery of the doper mind is more than troubling. It is the basis of every single belief you think you have and they are all wrong.
My karma ran over your dogma. Bitch

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#33 Aug 28, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of your intellectual fakery.
You accept a challenge to define the Immaculate Conception, which is Christian dogma and you define it with what you perceive as Christian dogma. You define it incorrectly and when you are corrected, you assert the weakness in the dogma you accepted in defining something is irrelevant because of your bias concerning historical documents. You're a disappointing fake, who knows nothing of scholarship. You are suffering a thought disorder, likely caused from smoking dope.
My "defense" was a joke. Grow a sense of humor.

When it comes to defending the Bible, or it's contradictory and often savage contents, the burden is yours, Troutsky.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#34 Aug 28, 2014
Atypical Stereotype wrote:
<quoted text>
My karma ran over your dogma.
Umm, was that supposed to be funny?? It just sounded stupid.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#35 Aug 28, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>My "defense" was a joke. Grow a sense of humor.
When it comes to defending the Bible, or it's contradictory and often savage contents, the burden is yours, Troutsky.
The toilet is your source of truth and wisdom, as you adjust your image of yourself based on what you flushed last. You're an intellectual fraud, making claims of contradiction based on as much knowledge of Scripture as what you exposed in your vacant, show-off nonsense starting this discussion.
Nornhalor

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#36 Aug 31, 2014
Cujo wrote:
Why do religious people insist on costing the taxpayers millions of dollars/yr, in law suits they can't win.
Cujo, the religious aren't filing the suits. Logically they are not the cause of the expense.
Nornhalor

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#37 Aug 31, 2014
'And that ye harm none, do what thou whilst shall be the whole of the law.'

Did I miss the addendum that said 'unless it offends you'? Christian invocation harms no one, the Ten Commandments offend lawyers and judges. If you do believe, they should circumscribe your actions. If you don't believe, how is this any more offensive than pictures of imaginary animals?

It seems a pointless tempest in a pointless teapot.
Cujo

Regina, Canada

#38 Sep 2, 2014
Nornhalor wrote:
<quoted text>
Cujo, the religious aren't filing the suits. Logically they are not the cause of the expense.
There wouldn't be law suits, if the religious would stop infringing on the constitutional rights of others. It is the Christians who are costing the taxpayers millons, because they can't obey the law!

Do you blaim public defenders, or the accused for taxpayer dollars spent?

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#39 Sep 2, 2014
Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
There wouldn't be law suits, if the religious would stop infringing on the constitutional rights of others
It's more like the other way around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Melbourne, FL (Aug '10) 9 hr CaptainTornSack 77
Looking for a scumbag by the name of Michael An... Apr 17 LADYKIA 3
Greetings Melbourne Apr 16 Rasta Me 3
Review: Elite Angler's Service (Apr '13) Apr 16 andre john 92
Review: 12 Volt Power Window Repair (Feb '11) Apr 15 village idiot 5
Palm Bay Residents Happy With New Garbage Colle... (Oct '11) Apr 13 francis white 12
News Police investigate Florida sex club (Apr '08) Apr 10 RiderDodge 90
More from around the web

Melbourne Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]