Some see biblical visions of doom in Syria trouble

Sep 9, 2013 | Posted by: coolncrazy | Full story: www.usatoday.com

The deadly violence percolating half a world away in Syria and the warnings of a possible U.S. attack have some people not only looking ahead to what might happen in the coming days — but also looking backward into ancient, apocalyptic prophecies in the pages of the Old Testament.

"Behold, Damascus is about to be removed from being a city, and will become a fallen ruin," reads Isaiah 17, a passage some Christians say they believe details a horrific event that leaves the city uninhabitable and leads to worldwide tribulation and the second coming of Christ.

Damascus is the Syrian capital and one of the world's oldest cities.

Comments
21 - 40 of 43 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Sep 10, 2013
Iran’s Role

Iran can readily be blamed by association and charged with all manner of provocation, real and imagined. Some have seen Israel’s hand in the provenance of the most damaging charges against Assad regarding chemical weapons and our experience suggests to us that such is supremely possible.

Possible also is a false-flag attack by an interested party resulting in the sinking or damaging, say, of one of the five U.S. destroyers now on patrol just west of Syria. Our mainstream media could be counted on to milk that for all it’s worth, and you would find yourself under still more pressure to widen U.S. military involvement in Syria – and perhaps beyond, against Iran.

Iran has joined those who blame the Syrian rebels for the August 21 chemical incident, and has been quick to warn the U.S. not to get more deeply involved. According to the Iranian English-channel Press TV, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javid Zarif has claimed:“The Syria crisis is a trap set by Zionist pressure groups for [the United States].”

Actually, he may be not far off the mark. But we think your advisers may be chary of entertaining this notion. Thus, we see as our continuing responsibility to try to get word to you so as to ensure that you and other decision makers are given the full picture.

Inevitable Retaliation

We hope your advisers have warned you that retaliation for attacks on Syrian are not a matter of IF, but rather WHERE and WHEN. Retaliation is inevitable. For example, terrorist strikes on U.S. embassies and other installations are likely to make what happened to the U.S.“Mission” in Benghazi on Sept. 11, 2012, look like a minor dust-up by comparison. One of us addressed this key consideration directly a week ago in an article titled “Possible Consequences of a U.S. Military Attack on Syria – Remembering the U.S. Marine Barracks Destruction in Beirut, 1983.”

For the Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity

Thomas Drake, Senior Executive, NSA (former)

Philip Giraldi, CIA, Operations Officer (ret.)

Matthew Hoh, former Capt., USMC, Iraq & Foreign Service Officer, Afghanistan

Larry Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)

W. Patrick Lang, Senior Executive and Defense Intelligence Officer, DIA (ret.)

David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)

Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)

Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East (ret.)

Todd Pierce, US Army Judge Advocate General (ret.)

Sam Provance, former Sgt., US Army, Iraq

Coleen Rowley, Division Council & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)

Ann Wright, Col., US Army (ret); Foreign Service Officer (ret.)

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23 Sep 10, 2013

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#24 Sep 10, 2013
-sunshine wrote:
Cui bono?
That the various groups trying to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad have ample incentive to get the U.S. more deeply involved in support of that effort is clear. Until now, it has not been quite as clear that the Netanyahu government in Israel has equally powerful incentive to get Washington more deeply engaged in yet another war in the area. But with outspoken urging coming from Israel and those Americans who lobby for Israeli interests, this priority Israeli objective is becoming crystal clear.
Reporter Judi Rudoren, writing from Jerusalem in an important article in Friday’s New York Times addresses Israeli motivation in an uncommonly candid way. Her article, titled “Israel Backs Limited Strike Against Syria,” notes that the Israelis have argued, quietly, that the best outcome for Syria’s two-and-a-half-year-old civil war, at least for the moment, is no outcome. Rudoren continues:
“For Jerusalem, the status quo, horrific as it may be from a humanitarian perspective, seems preferable to either a victory by Mr. Assad’s government and his Iranian backers or a strengthening of rebel groups, increasingly dominated by Sunni jihadis.
“‘This is a playoff situation in which you need both teams to lose, but at least you don’t want one to win — we’ll settle for a tie,’ said Alon Pinkas, a former Israeli consul general in New York.‘Let them both bleed, hemorrhage to death: that’s the strategic thinking here. As long as this lingers, there’s no real threat from Syria.’”
We think this is the way Israel’s current leaders look at the situation in Syria, and that deeper U.S. involvement – albeit, initially, by “limited” military strikes – is likely to ensure that there is no early resolution of the conflict in Syria. The longer Sunni and Shia are at each other’s throats in Syria and in the wider region, the safer Israel calculates that it is.
That Syria’s main ally is Iran, with whom it has a mutual defense treaty, also plays a role in Israeli calculations. Iran’s leaders are not likely to be able to have much military impact in Syria, and Israel can highlight that as an embarrassment for Tehran.

Iran is highlighted the same as North Korea by supporting the progressive Syrian development, and also other constructive issues around the Globe.
There is a bit of difference between them.
Iran doesn't dissuade persons freely choosing to help Assad because Jihadists come from all over to support the Terrorist Cause.
There has to be a bit of balance.
Other than that Iran has no business in Arab affairs.
And neither does North Korea.
Israel can try to make something of that.
No one is interested .
Persians can and do support the just Palestinian Cause on a political level.
So does North Korea.
The difference is , Iran is attracting advancement and enjoys much higher status from the Syrian Arab Spring Affair, Kim Jong Un is getting none.
2 years ago BBC told me to my ear , in relation to the Iranian processing uranium issue, quote, "Israel has got the option of assassination".
They won't say that today , no matter which part of Jewey the are privileged to lick.
On the Far East side, nothing seems to have changed, yet North Korea is just as vital to combating Arab Spring as Iran.

Sydney, Australia

#25 Sep 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the chances of proven false myths doing anything on this real planet are less than nil...
but hey, the stories are fun. it is always good to look back and see what ancient ignorant people used to believe in...

You know very little about the 08 financial melt down.
That evidence is implicit in your bunny scenario, a new industry emerged from that "free to good bludgers housing assistance program", its the "free social security ,and Superannuation fund", for the US ,EU, Britain and Japan "only" scheme and its working much netter than the free housing one.
(Quantative Easing Infinity)

About the proven false myths doing anything .
If that were true how do you account for the Western Matriarchal Society.
??????????
Procreation associated with depravity , is the ethos of our culture , and you say false myths aren't doing anything ,.!
Please explain, or apologize.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#26 Sep 10, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know very little about the 08 financial melt down.
That evidence is implicit in your bunny scenario, a new industry emerged from that "free to good bludgers housing assistance program", its the "free social security ,and Superannuation fund", for the US ,EU, Britain and Japan "only" scheme and its working much netter than the free housing one.
(Quantative Easing Infinity)
About the proven false myths doing anything .
If that were true how do you account for the Western Matriarchal Society.
??????????
Procreation associated with depravity , is the ethos of our culture , and you say false myths aren't doing anything ,.!
Please explain, or apologize.
explain your maniacal rant? i do not think that is possible.

Bankstown, Australia

#27 Sep 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>explain your maniacal rant? i do not think that is possible.
I asked you to explain first .
But let me just say men are treated like dirt in my country that's why , Allah always said , because of their sexual nature women should be subservient to men.
Civilization developed from family lineage ascribed to the male , and inheritance followed from that allowing the accumulation of status .
Our matriarchal development is a throw back to prehistory , and we are headed for demise because of it.
However other factors come into if.
Male slavery to Jew concocted sexual fantasy's is only one facet of their Satanism at work.
Notice they define Jew ethnicity as determined by the "distaff side".
The bustards are evil, I tell yar, evil.
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#30 Sep 15, 2013
Note: The Global Research website at globalresearch.ca as well as our French language site mondialisation.ca have experienced technical difficulties in the course of the last few days.

Maybe because the FBI hacked into a lot of French servers just the other day in order to get the IP address and data from people using tor. It was Illegal.
May I suggest you lay the glass pipe down and take a few paces backward and do not pick it up again. Better for you and all of us, take my advice and maybe go talk to a shrink.

Cobbitty, Australia

#31 Sep 15, 2013
Think about it wrote:
Note: The Global Research website at globalresearch.ca as well as our French language site mondialisation.ca have experienced technical difficulties in the course of the last few days.
Maybe because the FBI hacked into a lot of French servers just the other day in order to get the IP address and data from people using tor. It was Illegal.
May I suggest you lay the glass pipe down and take a few paces backward and do not pick it up again. Better for you and all of us, take my advice and maybe go talk to a shrink.

Pole place Jew , that's the rectum of your ambition as fortitude ,! thereby placing the waste you regurgitate at the table of your dinner.
We don't want it around here , there was a sign at the front gate of the forum
No Jew Lickers Allowed.
A poofter took it down and built a house out of it in fact A 6 Million of Them all on Palestinian Land.
Its called shithouse Israel.
Actually the sign is still my property.
the great one

United States

#32 Sep 15, 2013
the great eagle will come from the west to cleanse the east.
Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

#33 Sep 15, 2013
Don't panic!!

Many religious types see fairies running around the garden.

Saint Marys, Australia

#34 Sep 15, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Don't panic!!
Many religious types see fairies running around the garden.

Good shit man ,right on.

Let me say from the greatest experience , its really not like that.
It's much more calculated and cunning , above all else "mercenary" .
Only an idiot would (if wish was demand)
wish for what he didn't want so he could achieve by manipulating irony what he did want.
An idiot or a completely dishonest group of people.
WHO PRETEND to BE what THEIR NOT.
"Christians"
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#35 Sep 16, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Pole place Jew , that's the rectum of your ambition as fortitude ,! thereby placing the waste you regurgitate at the table of your dinner.
We don't want it around here , there was a sign at the front gate of the forum
No Jew Lickers Allowed.
A poofter took it down and built a house out of it in fact A 6 Million of Them all on Palestinian Land.
Its called shithouse Israel.
Actually the sign is still my property.
You sound like that neo Nazi from cocoa who keeps calling me Jewish when I'm not. I just happen to think all people are equal. As a matter of fact several years ago dna samples were take from people all around the globe we all happen to be related to each other. However your DNA may be different as I think your from the planet zoldar like the neo Nazi, you should ask him out on a dte I am sure the two of you would make a fine couple. Its a good thing topix hasn't got rules about idiots posting as you would not be allowed.
Look how you talk about females. again a perfect example of a idiot.
What nation do you claim to be from.
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#36 Sep 16, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good shit man ,right on.
Let me say from the greatest experience , its really not like that.
It's much more calculated and cunning , above all else "mercenary" .
Only an idiot would (if wish was demand)
wish for what he didn't want so he could achieve by manipulating irony what he did want.
An idiot or a completely dishonest group of people.
WHO PRETEND to BE what THEIR NOT.
"Christians"
Don't worry we know what you are, I just refuse to us that type of word here.
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#37 Sep 16, 2013
rtloder wrote:
I am the reincarnation of Christ , I come with the Mehdi who has the sword of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
And I can tell you Assad is the Liberator and Israel is the enemy of the Creator.
One way or other God will rid creation of this Anti Christ and Allah impersonator.
Put the crack pipe on the table and step back, also pull the moonshine IV out of your arm and don't eat anymore of those mushrooms that grow in cow dung.
It is ok however if you eat the dung. Maybe loosen those rags around you head so the blood flow will come back. Take you hand out of your pants also and go wash up and sleep for a few days. I doubt you will ever be normal again or sober, but even trash like you can be saved.
Myself I wouldn't try but some would. If you ever decide to end it all please post a video of it so I can get a good chuckle.
Just sober up first I'm scared you will shoot your self in the wrong head in your present condition. Besides a target that small would be hard to hit. If you do hit below the belt post that one on line also Id love to see you do it sober or not.

Cobbitty, Australia

#38 Sep 16, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the crack pipe on the table and step back, also pull the moonshine IV out of your arm and don't eat anymore of those mushrooms that grow in cow dung.
It is ok however if you eat the dung. Maybe loosen those rags around you head so the blood flow will come back. Take you hand out of your pants also and go wash up and sleep for a few days. I doubt you will ever be normal again or sober, but even trash like you can be saved.
Myself I wouldn't try but some would. If you ever decide to end it all please post a video of it so I can get a good chuckle.
Just sober up first I'm scared you will shoot your self in the wrong head in your present condition. Besides a target that small would be hard to hit. If you do hit below the belt post that one on line also Id love to see you do it sober or not.

Don't worry sunny you will be forced to wake up soon.
Not everybody wants to lay down their lives for the likes of you and your stinking vermin Jew poofter lover.

Actually you and my brother Lionel Loder have a lot in common, you both are included to be after birth of fabricated reality .
Oh and where does that end up Jew poofter lover of my poofter brother.
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#39 Sep 16, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry sunny you will be forced to wake up soon.
Not everybody wants to lay down their lives for the likes of you and your stinking vermin Jew poofter lover.
Actually you and my brother Lionel Loder have a lot in common, you both are included to be after birth of fabricated reality .
Oh and where does that end up Jew poofter lover of my poofter brother.
Again I must say

Marrickville, Australia

#40 Sep 17, 2013
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I must say

I've never been allowed to repeat , humanity demands I answer their request a different way for a different time.
That's where Allah's got the Jews f ucked.
The blinding ignorance that they exploit
is gradually withered away by the incoherence that is lost by the duplicity of change.
The twin dimensions of His Ordination will achieve the doing sway with the impediment , which (no bull this is true) is repeating in every material manifestation, for exactly the same reason you are doing it now.
That being.
Sympathy for his predecessor.
You know what happened to him don't you idiot.
Think about it

Melbourne, FL

#41 Sep 17, 2013
A mental health professional is my best advice for you.
Also if you do decide to put one in yourself I have a friend in Queensland who would probably be willing to video it for me.
From the way things have been going the last few decades your Allah's isn't doing so good.
Maybe you should rethink that. It took them what 7 days to crush the last bunch of nuts who decided to invade. Allah was no where to been seen there was he now.

Sydney, Australia

#42 Sep 17, 2013
Think about it wrote:
A mental health professional is my best advice for you.
Also if you do decide to put one in yourself I have a friend in Queensland who would probably be willing to video it for me.
From the way things have been going the last few decades your Allah's isn't doing so good.
Maybe you should rethink that. It took them what 7 days to crush the last bunch of nuts who decided to invade. Allah was no where to been seen there was he now.

Your not making any sense.
How could anyone put a mental health professional in yourself , regardless if it was videoed or not.
Invade who was invaded.???.
Ivan Zvonko Kilic

Ascot Vale, Australia

#43 Sep 17, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 6 hr AWAKE 2,123
Atheist group may sue over Fla. county invocation Sun Nornhalor 37
Debate: Ferguson - Melbourne Beach, FL Aug 30 Rusty 7
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Aug 29 Sur 13 Beat 2,959
Woman dies from carbon monoxide poisoning in Pa... Aug 28 anguzman 1
Lauren Waterbury is a Sweathog (Apr '13) Aug 27 Chuck 8
Is Bill Mick a White Man? Aug 25 Melungeon Face 3
•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Melbourne Beach People Search