County revamps fire fees

County revamps fire fees

There are 2 comments on the FloridaToday.com story from Aug 8, 2006, titled County revamps fire fees. In it, FloridaToday.com reports that:

Mansion dwellers will pay less and mobile home residents will pay more for fire protection under a new tax structure adopted by the Brevard County Commission on Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FloridaToday.com.

Marie

United States

#1 Aug 9, 2006
Who will pay the price? Those of us who can barely afford to pay for our homeowner's insurance and taxes. The small guy gets bitten again.

Get real Brevard County, you cannot tell me it costs the same to fight a fire for a 15,000 sf home as a 1,000 sf home. The home that was burned at Lansing Island should prove that it costs MORE!

Good Grief - don't punish the small home owner.
surfereal

Oviedo, FL

#3 Aug 9, 2006
I understood that a lawsuit from Palm Bay created the new rate structure; sort of forcing the county to change it's disriminitorial practices favoring the less affluent and adopt rates more reflective of actual cost per residence/ business. Not fair, but even. I say Fair would be giving a bill to the owner requiring a fire department response. Ain't that hitting 'em while they're down! One firetruck costs the same whether it's a big house or a little house burning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Media Lying About Shooter Again 1 hr Eric 6
Reebok Symbol is a Haman Ear 3 hr Hymie Ear 1
Fatso RoseAnne Barr Leaving Twitter 3 hr BarCockba 1
Yet Another Jewish Rapist Director 3 hr wEinstein Bros 2
The Organized Kosher Extortion in Your Supermarket (Jun '16) 11 hr Eric 21
News New plaza's user fee shocks shoppers (Mar '09) Jan '18 keith 6
Ivan Maxner (Jan '16) Oct '17 Proben 3

Melbourne Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Melbourne Beach Mortgages