Chopper builder hurt in fatal crash

Chopper builder hurt in fatal crash Billy Lane's truck, motorcycle collide on A1A near Melbourne Beach BY J.D. GALLOP FLORIDA TODAY After the accident. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dave Brewer

Palmetto, FL

#63 Sep 11, 2006
I new Gerald many years ago, I am deeply saddened to see such a special person from such a special family suffer because someone was driving carelessly. My prayers go out to the family, I am seeking out Gerald's brother to help comfort him in his time of need.
kim pa

Seneca, PA

#64 Sep 13, 2006
I just met billy lane a week befor the accident He is a very nice guy and down to eath I don't think he thinks he is going to get away with any thing because he is famous. Billy is just like you and me most people have passed illegelly on a double line and alot of you have drove drunk some may have caused a accident because of it or almost face it every buddy make a bad choice more then once in there life. i feel for the family that lost there love one but i feel for billy two I am sure he is already being punished he will have to live with the fact that he killed someone every day of his all this talk about billy getting away with killing someone i'm sure billy will face up to what he has done and accept his puishment and be remorseful for what he did i pray for all those that were involed
AJs

Logan, IA

#65 Sep 13, 2006
Easy there Benjii, you're going to give yourself a stroke. There just happens to be a lot of hardworking people in this country who can't stand it when some of status or money buys their way out of trouble. Has that happened yet? No but we see it all the time. And I for one have ZERO sympathy for anyone who takes a life all because they are too stupid and arrogant to admit they shouldn't be driving.
None

AOL

#66 Sep 13, 2006
I feel very sad for everyone involved and I think Billy will face the music and do what he has to do to pay his time. I don't know Billy but I know a lot of people that do and I've never heard anything bad about him. I'm sure he didn't plan on this happening and I know that any normal person would be dwelling on this and no matter what anyone says that alone can destoy a person. Billy doesn't need everyone saying all this stuff about him. He knows he was wrong and he knows he will have to deal with it so belittling him isn't going to change things. My prayers for Gerald and his family and Billy and his family.(Oh, just one more thing whoever said that 22 year old dancer crap about Erin, leave her alone. You don't even know her. Don't be so quick to judge. And even if she was a dancer who cares!)
cherokee

United States

#67 Sep 14, 2006
My deepest sympathy goes out to Gerry's family-what an awful tradegy.

You would think Billy with all his success would be smart enough and rich enough to have someone else drive him.
OutlawBiker4ever

Macedon, NY

#68 Sep 16, 2006
Stop with all the crying already! Billy Lane is above the law on this. He gives the world to much to be held accountable for such a nonevent. He lost a truck in this ordeal remember? The slate is clean in my honest opinion. Good luck Mr. Lane we all love you.
kim pa

Seneca, PA

#69 Sep 16, 2006
Oh be for real the truck is a material thing that can be replaced no one here is crying we are just generally concerned about everyone that was involved.and i am sure billy is not concerned about the lost of his truck. these peoples lives will never be the same.a life was lost not a stupid truck !i wish every one ivolved peace, the family who lost there love one the man who lost his life the young women that was injured and billy
Fitz in missouri

Blue Springs, MO

#70 Sep 16, 2006
What is wrong w/ u people?A good man lost his life,another good man,face's prison.WHY?
Poor choice's.My thought's to the Billy Lane family,My heart to the Morelock family.I myself,sit here,haveing lost my license fer 1 year for DUI.Now i sit and look at my bike for another 6 months,for making a bad choice.Let no man,cast stones in a glace house,my god bless all involved,they all lost.
Nightrain

Mankato, MN

#71 Sep 19, 2006
Here is something we should all think about... This is Just a Hypotheticle here.. Lets say that after all is said and done, we come to find out that Billy was rushing this 22 year old girl to the Hospital when he came upon the two cars obstructing his way...He goes to pass after thinking it was clear to do so, bad vision, thoughts of getting the girl to the hospital, or just didn,t see the small bike, because maybe the headlight was out? This could have had a way different turn out all of us would think he were a hero if this were the situation and nobody got hurt, My point is I wasn't there, And I think it is safe to assume none of you were there to tell the story, I hope that there is a totally different ending to this than what everyone is speculating on. I am very sorry for the loss of the the family here, Lets wait to find out before passing judgement.
GUSBUSA

AOL

#72 Sep 26, 2006
we have partyed and hung out together but want was going though your mind was it worth a life and your
career
BENJI

AOL

#73 Oct 17, 2006
THE COMMENTS left on this page is not and was not left by BENJIS KUSTOM CYCLESIN EDEN N.C. WE are sorry for anything that was written and our sympathy goes out to the family .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 14 min ram 2,471
Review: Lamplighter Village (Apr '10) 3 hr kamar 86
Is Palm Bay a nice place to live? Sat EscapingTennessee 1
Have you heard of Scentsy? Sat Sue 2
Florida State student dies on China study program (May '12) Sep 12 LaLouise 53
Palm Bay City seat 5 candidate you been warned. Sep 9 Michael Ovens 4
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Beach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Melbourne Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••