NG Guy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Apr 26, 2010
Looking forward to this year's Pioneer Day. Are you?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 27, 2010
It's never that good. It always rains anyways.
fuller

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Apr 27, 2010
NG Guy wrote:
Looking forward to this year's Pioneer Day. Are you?
you've got to be kidding. I hope it comes a down pour. A town full of melbourne people all in one place would probably be more than I could stand....not that i would go. I would hate for everybody to be disapointed if they didnt get to come out and "socialize" in the two faced melbourne sort of way, that they so love to do...
amen

Chandler, AZ

#4 Apr 27, 2010
amen to that fuller!!!! melbourne and all its population is bogus two faced dirty rats! and should be bulldozed and bombed!
fuller

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Apr 28, 2010
I absolutely hate melbourne. I dont want to bomb it though because I do have family there. I have lived a lot of places and I have never seen so many hypocrites in my life as I have there. What gets me is the people that grow up and never leave and think they are really somebody. Live a little people.. theres life outside of Izard County. Everybody there isnt bad but those people are usually the ones that moved there and dont realize that the stuck up people, that think they are better than everyone are talking, laughing, and pointing behind thier back. When I HAVE to go that town, I stick my nose in the air and act the same as those HELLbillys I left behind.
Melbournite

Stuttgart, AR

#6 Apr 29, 2010
LOL! It's funny reading the vitriol here. "I hate Melbourne", "Two faced people", "HELLbillys", "all its population is bogus", "dirty rats", "I hope it comes down a pour"...and so on and so forth.
I'm glad these yahoos DON'T live in Melbourne or Izard County. Good freaking riddance!
BTW, NG Guy...I am looking forward to Pioneer Day very much! Even if it DOES rain!
This year we'll be having the first ever Civil-War re-enactment of the Battle of Lunenburg. It's gonna be AWESOME, Baby!
Melbournite

Stuttgart, AR

#7 Apr 29, 2010
Fuller, I've lived all over the world. Many places around the US, as well.

Izard County, despite the few who look out for #1, is by far the coolest place on earth.

But...that's just my opinion. At least we're not Batesville...or Little Rock (thank God)!

Since: Apr 10

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#8 Apr 29, 2010
Melbournite wrote:
LOL! It's funny reading the vitriol here. "I hate Melbourne", "Two faced people", "HELLbillys", "all its population is bogus", "dirty rats", "I hope it comes down a pour"...and so on and so forth.
I'm glad these yahoos DON'T live in Melbourne or Izard County. Good freaking riddance!
BTW, NG Guy...I am looking forward to Pioneer Day very much! Even if it DOES rain!
This year we'll be having the first ever Civil-War re-enactment of the Battle of Lunenburg. It's gonna be AWESOME, Baby!
That's sounds totally cool! I am also hoping that the rain doesn't come pouring down on us. Given the chance you should come by my set up on Saturday, I will be between Bancorp South and the Chamber of Commerce, if it doesn't rain, you won't be able to miss me, just look for the 30" rock wall!
Fuller

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Apr 30, 2010
Melbournite wrote:
Fuller, I've lived all over the world. Many places around the US, as well.
Izard County, despite the few who look out for #1, is by far the coolest place on earth.
But...that's just my opinion. At least we're not Batesville...or Little Rock (thank God)!
Just wondering..what makes you feel that Izard County is so cool??
Fuller

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Apr 30, 2010
BTW..100% chance of rain.hahahaha!!!!
jodi

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Apr 30, 2010
i just found out that the civil war re-enactment has been cancelled due to the weather. Apparently, some of the people putting it on watched the weather and decided not to come.......

Gainesville, TX

#12 Apr 30, 2010
If everything gets rained out then come to the Tally Ho for Karaoke. Starts at 9!
legendary

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Apr 30, 2010
fuller- did you get picked last in kickball or something?
Take time to read

Brockwell, AR

#14 Apr 30, 2010
When I was young I would hang out at Ray's pool hall located on the square. There was an old man who always was there and had lived here for many years. I wish I knew his name but can't remember it now. One day as we were standing outside the pool hall a friendly young man from out of state came by wanting directions to the clerks office. He proceeded to tell us that he was new and was concerned about how the people here would treat him. The older gentleman asked the guy, well how did people treat you where you came from? The young gentleman answered, where I came from people treated me great!! The old mans reply was, well.... I think you will find the same treatment here as you did there. The meaning is if you treat people kindly and with respect you will receive the same back regardless of where you go or live.
R-R-R-Rays

Mountain Home, AR

#15 May 2, 2010
Take time to read wrote:
When I was young I would hang out at Ray's pool hall located on the square. There was an old man who always was there and had lived here for many years. I wish I knew his name but can't remember it now. One day as we were standing outside the pool hall a friendly young man from out of state came by wanting directions to the clerks office. He proceeded to tell us that he was new and was concerned about how the people here would treat him. The older gentleman asked the guy, well how did people treat you where you came from? The young gentleman answered, where I came from people treated me great!! The old mans reply was, well.... I think you will find the same treatment here as you did there. The meaning is if you treat people kindly and with respect you will receive the same back regardless of where you go or live.
Stanley Yancey, Doyce Sartin, Remmel Williams, Howard Moore
Melbournite

United States

#16 May 3, 2010
Fuller wrote:
BTW..100% chance of rain.hahahaha!!!!
Turned out to be the most beautiful Pioneer Day weather in YEARS.

Chuckle, chuckle...harumph!
Melbournite

United States

#17 May 3, 2010
Fuller wrote:
<quoted text> Just wondering..what makes you feel that Izard County is so cool??
Actually, I'm glad you asked. http://www.exploreizard.blogspot.com/
Fuller

Jonesboro, AR

#18 May 3, 2010
Melbournite wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I'm glad you asked. http://www.exploreizard.blogspot.com/
Oh, thanks and congrats on the parade...
Doug

Bexar, AR

#19 May 23, 2010
This doesn’t involve Pioneer day but I want to respond to all of the Melbourne bashing. I moved here 3 years ago. I have been to 38 states and there is no place like Melbourne. Due to an unfortunate situation with my wife running off with someone from the internet I ended up without transportation or a job and I couldn’t afford to keep the house I was renting. The people of Melbourne basically rallied around me, Deltha from Ozarka College went out of her way to help me find a small apartment that I could afford and she helped me get a job at the college. I still didn’t have transportation and had to walk about a mile each way to the college with about 40 pounds of books on my back. There were so many people that went out of their way to help. People I never saw before or again stopped to give me rides when it was raining. They didn’t just drop me at the road by the college they would take me right up to the building that I had class in.
I am back on my feet now and moving forward. I am even opening up a small jewelry repair business here. I do my best to give back to the community but I will never be able to repay all of the kindness that I have received here in Melbourne. Arkansas is truly the land of opportunity, If I would have been anywhere else I may never have gotten back up on my feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 2 hr BARNEYII 33,322
Everyone Sharing...WTF 4 hr Noturbitch 1
champion 15 hr Just me 24
Staci "Wolford" 16 hr Jdkfjdbsk 5
Arkansas finest fencing puke 18 hr PawnShop 10
Heather roemmich 21 hr Oh_man 1
Alisha Frazier Sat Old thing 13

Melbourne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance