bulldog99

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Sep 6, 2010
everyone on jumbo has by now seen whats going on with the old jumbo store place, perhaps to some they may think its good for the place to be leavleed out, but to me and the rest it is sad, that the prick who says he owns it is burning everything all the oldstuff and the building to turn it for a proffit,for the people that live on jumbo the buildings the store the house and the barn out back and the church are land marks its not the same without the house, but we get theese yankee bitches in here that want to just burn everything. i also think its pretty rank that this prick and what he calls his women their mannerism to the kids that prevousley owned it,who he damb well knew how hard they stuggled to keep it.I hope you choke on your twinky you fat prick
bubbagump

Evening Shade, AR

#2 Sep 12, 2010
where is the old jumbo store?
thewinner

Camp, AR

#3 Jan 18, 2011
bulldog99 wrote:
everyone on jumbo has by now seen whats going on with the old jumbo store place, perhaps to some they may think its good for the place to be leavleed out, but to me and the rest it is sad, that the prick who says he owns it is burning everything all the oldstuff and the building to turn it for a proffit,for the people that live on jumbo the buildings the store the house and the barn out back and the church are land marks its not the same without the house, but we get theese yankee bitches in here that want to just burn everything. i also think its pretty rank that this prick and what he calls his women their mannerism to the kids that prevousley owned it,who he damb well knew how hard they stuggled to keep it.I hope you choke on your twinky you fat prick
As the owner of the jumbo store lets get some facs straight. The kids were in the process of losing the property to the bank and they approached us on selling the store to us. Before we bought it we told several local people about it. But knowone stepped up to buy it. Including the neighbors. As far as the house was concerned it was demned uninhabitable. The barn was falling down, we even tried to find someone salvage the barn. After we aquired the property, we had all kinds of problems with theft and traspassers. The sherrifs department was not helpful as far as stopping the problem. We were even assulted once by people that we found for the third time on the property. We were even aproached by someone claiming to be a cherokee indain chief and wanted to restore the place as an Indian trading post as it was in the past. Upon a background check< He was not a chief nor even a cherokee indian. Upon checking with the Cherokee Tribe we found out it was a scam. After that wedecided to sell the property as it was not worth the trouble of trasspassers assults and threats. We are going to level the property and do with it what we want to. If someone wants to save the sight buy it! Or shutup!
to the winner

Cherokee Village, AR

#4 Jan 18, 2011
That is kind of funny that you say that. Not everyone in this little community has money to buy it, and would love to see it restored or something. Get your facts straight and be honest with everyone. The people with money do NOT care to do it, and the people without money want to. How do we go about saving it if we are struggling like those kids? Thats what i thought, we CAN'T. I love driving past it and seeing the old store and the church. So does my family, and we have lived here for years. How would your great knowledge go about telling us how to save it, make enough money to buy it, or whatever else needs be done to it??? You can not sit here and tell us that noone cares to buy it and save it if we care about it, if we do not possess the money or resources to do so. As for shutting up, i have the right to voice opinion just like you do. I have the right to say what i feel is right. Level it if you must and do away with it, but remember and know that some of us do care, we just can not afford to do so. Just because we can not afford to save and buy it, doesn't mean we are heartless, it means we are human. I can care about something even though i do not have money. Honestly, i will never have money. But money does not make the world go around. I do care about the old place, as do a lot of older people whom do not have strength or money to do so either. Do not make us out to not care. SOME of us still do. So as far as shutting up, learn to listen instead of turning the community away, maybe someone would have had an idea for you or avenue to fix it up for being sold. There are more people in this town and the jumbo community than just a couple. Do not speak for all of us if you can not say that you havn't asked all of us.
ngage

Cabot, AR

#5 Jan 19, 2011
I completely understand why the owner would want to clean up the property. To my knowledge, its not on any historic register. Yeah, it is a piece of history, but things change and it should be demolished if it is beyond salvage. If the Jumbo community REALLY wanted to save it, they could've competed for a government grant of some sorts and maybe received some $ to fix it up/buy the property. At the very least, they should've tried doing a fundraiser or two. Sitting on your tail and griping doesn't solve a situation like this.
would like to salvage old

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Jan 20, 2011
hey i am out here and would like to pull some of the old stuff out of ther for you if you are interested and willing to contact me on salvaging the junk please reply i would love to take some of it off your hands i could use the extra materials and would not charge a thing for removing it. i will make arrangements if needed to contact you
thewinner

Violet Hill, AR

#7 Jan 20, 2011
As of right now, the two old house trailers are on there way out. One was donated to ICARE and the other is being torn down by someone on Jumbo Road. As far as the old store goes get in contact with me. My wife and I had planned on restoring the store. But with all that has transpired over our purchasing the property by a couple of individuals. We are probably going to tear it down this spring. It's not worth the hassle nor the investment to restore a place where people treat other people like we have been treatedthis past year.
would like to salvage old

Cabot, AR

#8 Jan 25, 2011
how do i get a hold of you i am really interested
jumbo store

Salem, AR

#9 Jan 26, 2011
leave a message at the old store with your contact information. Thanks for your support.
where is the store

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Jan 27, 2011
hey i am not real sure where it is but i have lived hear all my life so a little help on directions would be nice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Melbourne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The whole story 5 hr WatchingU 59
Bethanny Bethanny 9 hr WatchingU 23
ronnie Mooney 15 hr calico 10
Which local doctor to see? Sat LMFAO 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) Fri BARNEYII 30,898
Cuda May 21 guest 2
Ozark EMS (Oct '14) May 21 Chuck Soucy 15
More from around the web

Melbourne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE