West Chicago Middle School student is...

West Chicago Middle School student is beaten, and school has fe...

There are 35 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 28, 2009, titled West Chicago Middle School student is beaten, and school has fe.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The parents of a West Chicago Middle School student are accusing school officials of mishandling an incident this week in which their 12-year-old son suffered serious injuries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
deee

Glen Ellyn, IL

#22 Jun 12, 2009
this is crazyyyy
deee

Glen Ellyn, IL

#23 Jun 12, 2009
this is crazyyyyyy
Nark

Wayne, IL

#24 Sep 17, 2009
wegomom wrote:
<quoted text>
Kevin,(and Anonymous)
If you really saw this happen, you need to talk with your parents, and maybe come forward and talk with the police. Anyone who witnessed this or other things like this needs to come forward. You could help the victim, his family, and quite possibly others that are involved.
This type of thing shouldn't happen at any school. There should be no need for police presence, kids should be taught right from wrong AT HOME. It's too bad there are so many parents that don't have a handle on their children, because THOSE are the same parents that make it impossible for schools to discipline the trouble makers. Thank your parents for raising you right.
that great...and then he gets chocked out too for being a snitch
Jeff

Wheaton, IL

#25 Dec 5, 2009
bfd wrote:
Why didn't they call an ambulance? Because a few cuts and scratches aren't usually 911 calls. There is no way the nurse could have known about the brain bleed, unless they now run MRI's in the schools.
The police were called when the parents requested it.
Do the parents really think that it's the schools fault that another kid beat up their kid after school hours? Would a school nurse make the "color choice" on whether to call an ambulance if she felt it was warranted?
The parents need to get it under control, assist the school and police in finding the kid who did this and let things move on. I forecast that there will be a retaliation for this and we haven't seen the end of it.
ok screw all you assholes that say shit about him Im Isidro's friend and this 'bully' had problems with everyone he got expelled from 7th and all of 8th grade (which im in right now) he did face assualt charges and a criminal record. Isidro wasnt attacked after hours it right as school was dismissed he was walking to go home and eddy (the bully) basically knew what he was doing since him and isidro arent good friends. Eddy put him in a choke hold and isidro passed out. His "scarpes" werent minor you a** hole. He had f****** stitches and was in the hospital for days if that was minor he would have come to school the next day! He didn't come back to school for a month fearing another incident like this! So f*** all of you jerks that think this was an incident that could have been prevented or that isidro's cuts are minor or any of that bull ok?
Former teacher who quit

United States

#26 Mar 27, 2010
I actually used to teach at West Chicago Middle School (I actually quit), and can tell you that there is an issue with fights/gangs/smoking pot in the bathrooms. The community itself is more lower-income than most of the western suburbs that surround it, so it shouldn't be surprising to learn that it has some issues. While I was there one student brought a bee-bee gun to school. The gun never left his locker, but the fact that he brought one is quite frightening. The principal, Pat Roszkowski, is a complete joke of a middle school principal. She used to be an elementary school principal for years, and she pretty much treats the school like an elementary school. I also remember during my interview she wore a t-shirt and jeans, and even took a 5-minute long phone call from a friend (in the middle of the interview!) There is no discipline system from the administration...teachers are told to handle everything on their own, which is silly. The school has no morning or afternoon announcements, no Pledge of Allegiance, and when the secretaries call kids down to the office during class they do so in a very cold and non-friendly way. The kids also don't get an "advisory/team building" period like 90% of middle schools have. Instead they get a study hall period where they basically work out on homework for the entire period. In a school like this, it would be beneficial for them to turn that into an advisory where different issues and activities can take place. The school is run more like an old factory than a friendly middle school. I feel terrible for the boy, Isidro, and hope this kind of attack never happens to him again.
Anon

United States

#27 Apr 3, 2010
Former teacher who quit wrote:
I actually used to teach at West Chicago Middle School (I actually quit), and can tell you that there is an issue with fights/gangs/smoking pot in the bathrooms. The community itself is more lower-income than most of the western suburbs that surround it, so it shouldn't be surprising to learn that it has some issues. While I was there one student brought a bee-bee gun to school. The gun never left his locker, but the fact that he brought one is quite frightening. The principal, Pat Roszkowski, is a complete joke of a middle school principal. She used to be an elementary school principal for years, and she pretty much treats the school like an elementary school. I also remember during my interview she wore a t-shirt and jeans, and even took a 5-minute long phone call from a friend (in the middle of the interview!) There is no discipline system from the administration...teachers are told to handle everything on their own, which is silly. The school has no morning or afternoon announcements, no Pledge of Allegiance, and when the secretaries call kids down to the office during class they do so in a very cold and non-friendly way. The kids also don't get an "advisory/team building" period like 90% of middle schools have. Instead they get a study hall period where they basically work out on homework for the entire period. In a school like this, it would be beneficial for them to turn that into an advisory where different issues and activities can take place. The school is run more like an old factory than a friendly middle school. I feel terrible for the boy, Isidro, and hope this kind of attack never happens to him again.
Go troll somewhere else Matt Shine.
blah

United States

#28 May 16, 2010
I go to West Middle School. I Am a 7th grader This Year. Are School Nurse is a total B****. She Doesnt Care. She sits around listening to music and trying to be funnny. Everyone in the main office is always busy. One time i had to sit in the office for an hour before i got asked what i needed. The school need a whole new staff. The princapal is alway on her cell phone. I tend to always be in the office because i am a little bit of a trouble making. Some of the teachers are actually act racist. If the "white girls" wear short shorts it's ok. But if a "mexican girl" were's short shorts they are taken to the office. Some of the teachers think that the people that were "Certain colors" everyday are Thugs,gangsters,or troublemakers.
So if someone important reads this please help are horrible school.
blah

United States

#29 May 16, 2010
Oh And Also The One Teacher that wrote on here. You said u worked there. Well since u did. They was a drug problem. I got suspened for 10days. For Smoking weed in the Bathroom. Honestly the students run that school. Teachers have no control over what the f*** we do. There was atleast 30fights a year. This year there was atleast 50fight.
And 15 on school grouds but they never got caught.
Over 150 students have been suspened this year. Im one the line of being exspelled. But the one thing thats not a big deal is GANGS. There was no real gangs there. They are all Wannabe.Grow the Fu** up. Also To the Teacher. You must be a white women teacher. Because everyone brings bee-bee guns to school
ananymous

West Chicago, IL

#30 Mar 18, 2011
i agree. stupid mexicans. go back where u came from. none of this would have happened if u weren't here. u caused this. look at the kids' names. the kid beat up was likely a jerk, and he is mexican. the kid who beat him up was also mexican. go figure!!! leave this country. u are all illegal anyway.
Problems in School

Lisle, IL

#31 Oct 31, 2011
How did the principals support the teachers?
Former teacher who quit wrote:
student

West Chicago, IL

#32 Nov 19, 2011
i nevered like the fact that they dirent let me into the dance wtf
wego student

Wheaton, IL

#33 Sep 5, 2012
unknown wrote:
911 should have beened called and the district should not be minimizing what happened to this child! I want to know, was it certified school nurse -RN or just a health aide with a CPR card? Feel better soon Isidro!
we have a certified school nurse
Anon

La Grange, IL

#34 Sep 7, 2012
Now there is a certified nurse at the school, on the day of the incident and for the entire year prior to it, there was only a health aide. This event necessitated that the school have a full time RN present.
Moms

Chicago, IL

#35 Mar 16, 2013
Kids should've not fight thts not good
alma

Glen Ellyn, IL

#36 Oct 16, 2013
Hi f I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medinah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Asset Recovery Associates ARA Inc 7 hr Mario 94
News Suburban investor charged with bank fraud 9 hr Justice01 7
Neo-Nazi Pedophile Steve Turpel in Arlington He... (Nov '10) Tue Leaveemalonealready 42
Amvets in Lombard still available! Aug 18 Anet56 1
Martial Law for Wheaton during 2017 DuPage Coun... Aug 17 U R nuts 2
Danger! Do not try to date DuPage County women! (Jan '13) Aug 17 Carlos Haggard 5
News Murder suspect waives bail hearing (Aug '07) Aug 13 123Towing 262

Medinah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medinah Mortgages