Would Medina support a full-service grocery store?

Posted in the Medina Forum

Investor

United States

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Dtrainhooksleft

Mobile, AL

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Medina can support anything,if its good,reasonably priced,stays that way.
If you build it,they will come
Berry Man

Huntingdon, TN

#3 Jul 20, 2012
Maybe. It's only a short distance to Milan and E.W. James, or to Kroger at either of their North Jackson locations, but the big gorilla in the picture is the Wal-Mart Super Center in Milan that is open 24/7 and is very nicely run. Given that people in Medina spend so much on houses and toys, I'd say they have little left to support a 'full service' grocery and it's inherintly higher than Wal-Mart prices. You would have to have all the support of the Medina residents, PLUS be able to draw people to Medina from outside and I don't see that happening.
Shopper

United States

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Investor wrote:
How about a Piggly Wiggly, like the one in Henderson?
Prove it

Jackson, TN

#6 Jul 20, 2012
yes. If McDonald's has done the research and said yes....a grocery store will go. Wish I had the whatever to put one in!
Medina Mom

United States

#7 Jul 23, 2012
Subway is coming soon too!
citizen

Humboldt, TN

#8 Aug 2, 2012
A Publix would be nice. But I would be happy with a South Gibson farmers market on Saturdays.
Berry Man

Huntingdon, TN

#9 Aug 2, 2012
citizen wrote:
A Publix would be nice. But I would be happy with a South Gibson farmers market on Saturdays.
PUBLIX would be nice in any surrounding city, but unfortunately they do not operate in this market.
YES

Ripley, TN

#10 Aug 7, 2012
a grocery store would go great in medina..keeping our revenue in our home town instead of supporting jackson and milan. with the growth of medina we need new businesses..when is mcdonalds being built?? rumor was walgreens or cvs was building on the corner of 45 and old medina. that would be great
yes

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2012
if i had the revenue, i would build a home town grocery with a great selections of meat. do you realize what a simple food jiant would do? people enjoy cooking out here, it is a simple little party town
New Store

Humboldt, TN

#12 Sep 1, 2012
I gonna combine a fish market with a hair place so you can eat sum chitlins and fish nuggets while u b gettin yo hair did by Amanda big bufont webb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suzi Webb 24 min Milan Star 1
Straight but interested 2 hr curious 1
where are the bi guys at 2 hr curious 25
Private Investigators get great pictures! 4 hr guest 1
News Accounts set up to help Collier family in Medina 6 hr Help us 1
Crooked creek lane 6 hr Help us 1
Who knows Ricky Reasons ? 8 hr Jake 8
More from around the web

Medina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE