Michelle Tinker and Dixie Youth

Posted in the Medina Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Madison County

United States

#1 Apr 4, 2012
This is our first year to have our two children play but tryouts were a disorganized diaster and here it is five days before start of season and still no schedule.

Other parents say this is typical with her at the helm. Is she really that pathetic at leadership and organization?
notsuprised

Jackson, TN

#2 Apr 4, 2012
Her husband is kind of shiftless. Not much ambition there if you know what I mean. I guess they need the money.
TV Watcher

Jackson, TN

#3 Apr 5, 2012
Welcome to the world of County League Baseball. Major disaster is an understatement! It's all about what you can do for me!
Typical

Jackson, TN

#4 Apr 5, 2012
Why do you think everyone is switching over to play travel ball. If it is like the past the coaches should be getting a text any day now about a coaches meeting on Easter Weekend to get schedules and go over last minute (literally) items. Dixie is dying.
Whoa Nellie

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2012
We play at Malesus and it's awesome out there! Very organized and all about the kids. The Earneys do a wonderful job!
Typical

Jackson, TN

#6 Apr 5, 2012
I helped coach last year and we had enough. We moved over to play travel. It's much more competitive and exciting. It was nice to not have the headache of waiting and waiting on Dixie this year. I never had much dealings with Michelle or Scott so I can't say much about them personally except they run a disorganized league.
Follow the MONEY

United States

#7 Apr 5, 2012
Question-how much does she make doing this? I heard she does this kind of stuff for a living which is hard to believe considering how disorganized it is with her leading.
Madison County wrote:
This is our first year to have our two children play but tryouts were a disorganized diaster and here it is five days before start of season and still no schedule.
Other parents say this is typical with her at the helm. Is she really that pathetic at leadership and organization?
obvious

Memphis, TN

#8 Apr 5, 2012
There are zero cash controls at the concession stand. And, I do mean zero. Obviously, this is their slush fund since Scott is never going to get a real job.
huh

Tipton, TN

#9 Apr 5, 2012
the Earneys do a wonderful job..yea right..dont get me started..thats why there are less and less teams every year..i will not state any facts unless you want to argue..there is alot that goes on..i wouldnt be surprized if micheal or jessica didnt post that..thank for the giggle though
They Suck

United States

#10 Apr 5, 2012
She is an idiot. Still no schedule and coach has no idea when they will receive it and GAMES start on Monday. She must be a lazy piece of shit.....
knownthem

Jackson, TN

#11 Apr 5, 2012
The lord does work in mysterious ways.
Baseball mom

Jackson, TN

#12 Apr 5, 2012
huh wrote:
the Earneys do a wonderful job..yea right..dont get me started..thats why there are less and less teams every year..i will not state any facts unless you want to argue..there is alot that goes on..i wouldnt be surprized if micheal or jessica didnt post that..thank for the giggle though
Amen! The Earmeys have turned Madison South baseball into a joke league! So sad it had the potential but I fear it is too late.
Sad Sad Sad

United States

#13 Apr 5, 2012
Asked coach tonight and your right. They are having a meeting this weekend. Even he said Michelle Tinker was a joke.
Typical wrote:
Why do you think everyone is switching over to play travel ball. If it is like the past the coaches should be getting a text any day now about a coaches meeting on Easter Weekend to get schedules and go over last minute (literally) items. Dixie is dying.
about time

United States

#14 Apr 6, 2012
Yep. Every year is the same. I do not understand how they are not held accountable for all that happens. Heard lots of talk about profitability (or lack thereof..and how is that?) with concessions. Also, if you are afilliated or work with the administration (tinkers) then is that not shady that you also coach? When you are involved in the decision making processes it should be either/or - not both! Clear cut guidelines should be in place at the start of the season before teams are formed regarding deadlines, meetings and how the year will play out irregardless of who team a b or c ends up being. Like stated before some sort of cash control should be in place (overseen by someone else) for concessions etc. If I were in their shoes I would have measures put into place for my own sake so there never is a question about my leadership.
huh

Tipton, TN

#15 Apr 6, 2012
well in jessicas defense..she really just has to do what bill and micheal says..its the blind leading the blind..its no secret why central kicks souths ass year in and year out for the most part..its cuz they get it..hell his ability to run a organization is about like his ability to play ball..which is well below average..but they arent going anywhere unless they are somehow forced out..and why would they their hands are in a money pit that they control..
Very Poorly Run

United States

#16 Apr 7, 2012
Michelle Tinker and her hubby have just about RUN it into the ground. Both are woefully inadequate at running a league but hey it must be the money in it that keeps them coming back each year because they are EACH very aware of what the majority of coaches and parents think about them.
OKAY

Jackson, TN

#17 Apr 7, 2012
I do not know these people, but my child does play for Madison.

If you think you can do a better job, then why don't you take over?

Every year I hear they don't have enough volunteers to coach the teams.

Time to step up parents.
No Clue Sue

United States

#18 Apr 7, 2012
You can't take it over. The Tinkers are in control and have staffed the office positions with their unorganized family/friends as well.

The reason they have trouble KEEPING coaches is because how POORLY run the league is by the TINKERS. People don't want to volunteer for all their unorganized bs. Word is out about them and almost everyone has either quit coaching or has enough intelligence to not coach.
OKAY wrote:
I do not know these people, but my child does play for Madison.
If you think you can do a better job, then why don't you take over?
Every year I hear they don't have enough volunteers to coach the teams.
Time to step up parents.
better than you

San Antonio, TX

#19 Apr 9, 2012
It's nice that yall can post about the Earney's instead of saying it to their face. But its all okay, they don't deal with white trash.
north ball parent

Jackson, TN

#20 Apr 9, 2012
That's the reason we out north hate to come play out south is because of the earneys One would think they own it. I remember he refused to allow painted Helments Said they would void the warranty He always has a different set of rules. Said no league play and travel you must choose one or the other So they did and the numbers just kept dropping for Dixie. Best thing would be to send old man earney packing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Lowery Police Chief 1 hr Brancos 2
New business 3 hr Guest 10
Debate: Civil Unions - Medina, TN (Mar '12) Sat Mammadog 3
Finals Thu yo 1
That Church (Jan '14) Thu I know 61
Jamie Brown Dec 18 😒 1
bbc Dec 18 Jobie 5
Medina Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Medina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Medina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Medina

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:14 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:14PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Live St. Louis Score and Analysis