Murphy For Mayor
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Medina Resident

Bells, TN

#104 Sep 11, 2012
Murphy is just telling everyone what they want hear. He can't do the things he is promising. Just an ego trip.
really?

Humboldt, TN

#105 Sep 11, 2012
short tooth wrote:
Everyone I speak to who doesn't live in medina always talks how they would/want to have raised there children in medina. If we all quit worrying onwho sits at a seat and see that this is a great place to raise children who ever takes that place in office could not do enough bad to make it a unlivable place to raise children. A tax may increase a new building may spring up but shouldn't are main focus be to keep the streets safe and provide a clean place for our children .
you are new here. We have been through several tax increases in the last decade. We don't need any more.
Murf

United States

#106 Sep 12, 2012
greatfriendofboth wrote:
You and Crystal had a bad break up! you two should get over it and stop bashing each other on Topix(a website for trash talkers & shit starters) Hell if you still want each other go for it, both of you stop putting your business out there for others to see! It's only hurting both of you worse! Stop hurting each other and move on!
I got a call Monday telling me I should look at Topix. A lot of people talking trash but if anyone wants to ask me anything come talk to me especially about the campaign issues. I won't be participating on here with any of you, not going to do it.
When a relationship ends it is tough on both people involved and you dont know what the other person is going through. I'm not going to talk trash about that either.
Again anyone that wants to ask me a question is welcome to come by the FH and talk to me in person as you don't know who is hiding behind a name here.
waytogo

United States

#107 Sep 12, 2012
That was a perfect response from a well educated man we need in our city hall! What you do in your personal life has got nothing to do with how someone would do any job much less the position of mayor. Mr Vance has skeletons and wrong doings himself. His time is up and Medina needs a man like Steve. Murphy For Mayor!
so tell us

Union City, TN

#108 Sep 12, 2012
Murf wrote:
<quoted text>
I got a call Monday telling me I should look at Topix. A lot of people talking trash but if anyone wants to ask me anything come talk to me especially about the campaign issues. I won't be participating on here with any of you, not going to do it.
When a relationship ends it is tough on both people involved and you dont know what the other person is going through. I'm not going to talk trash about that either.
Again anyone that wants to ask me a question is welcome to come by the FH and talk to me in person as you don't know who is hiding behind a name here.
Why is your name mentioned with selling steroids to high school kids?
FYI

United States

#109 Sep 12, 2012
so tell us wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is your name mentioned with selling steroids to high school kids?
. Also heard he has the police chief son Tyler Lowery selling it! I wonder what Chad would think about this?
the truth

Medina, TN

#110 Sep 12, 2012
I HAVE BEEN HARRASSED SO MUCH BY THIS DAMN CITY. THERE ARE A FEW GOOD PEOPLE IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT LIKE DAN,AND PEANUT BUT OTHER THAN THAT, ONE WAS ARRESTED AFTER HIS PROM WITH WEED(ITS ON FILE) COLEMAN GOT HIS DAUGHTER OUT OF SO MANY DRUG RELATED INCIDENTS( I REMEMBER WHEN SHE WAS SHACKED UP WITH A GUY BY THE TRAILER PARK, THEY WERE GROWIN WEED. THEY BUSTED IN GOT HER AWAY AND PRESSED CHARGES ON HIM) YOU GOT ONE WHO BEATS WOMEN AND IS STAYING OVER IN RACHELS LANDING WITH A WOMEN THAT JUST LOST HER HUSBAND. MOST OF THEM HAVE A WRAP SHEET. FINANCES HERE SUCK, WERE ARE GROWING BUT NOT ALL OF MEDINA IS, JUST THE SIDE WERE ALL THE PEOPLE FROM JACKSON AND HUMBOLDT MOVED TO.... OF COURSE YOUR GLAD, YOUR 400,000 HOME THAT YOU BOUGHT FOR 100,000 BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY IS ABOUT TO BE WORTH ALOT MORE ONCE THE "NEW MEDINA" IS DONE BEING BUILT. WELL SOME PEOPLE SPENT THERE WHOLE LIFE HERE AND THERE GETTIN SCREWED . ITS NICE WERE GETTIN A MICKY DS AND THINGS LIKE THAT... BUT ITS JUST GONNNA TAKE THE MONEY AWAY FROM THE SMALL BUSINESSS AROUND HERE. DO YOU WANNA KNOW WHY OUR TOWN IS SO GREAT AND EVERYONE WANTS TO BE HERE? ITS BECAUSE WERE A SMALL TOWN AND THE WAY WERE GROWIN, WILL JUST BE A NEW JACKSON.... WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD ALLOW FOR THIS MANY NEW BUSINESSS, HOUSES AND SUCH TO COME HERE AND WE DONT HAVE A REAL FIRE DEPARTMENT OR AN AMBULENCE SERVICE.. IM JUST READY FOR THIS TOWN TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON AND TO START GETTING EVERY THING FIXED... MURPHY, YOU GOT MY VOTE. AND IM PRETTY SURE YOU WONT LET ME DOWN ANY TIME SOON
Murf

Medina, TN

#111 Sep 13, 2012
I won't be participating on here with any of you, but anyone that wants to ask me a question is welcome to come by the FH and talk to me in person
medina citizen

Jackson, TN

#118 Sep 16, 2012
prettydamfunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell them to drive there personal vehicles with due regared to the dam public like they were suppose to. They drive like bats out of hell to get to city hall to get their trucks. They hit you or someone elses family and kill them their screwed...
if u think they drive crazy why haven't u turned their license plate number into the police dept.
WTF

United States

#119 Sep 17, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text> Hell look at her....she wouldn't care if he cheated on her. She is so ugly i mean really. I'm sure she can't get many men. Her name is Tracy Green from around Milan! He must like to go out with an ugly girl so he will look good. Bahaha
I know Traci Green she's ugly as hell. I thought someone that's running for Mayor would have been taste then this!
smurf to da murf

Arlington, TN

#120 Sep 17, 2012
Murf wrote:
I like I said I won't participating with any of you on here. What you think about me is your business, but if you want to get high smoke a little weed hit up the gym pump steroids in our ass then go to church on Sunday and pray about then I'm your man! I'm a sex maniac too. Don't like the same woman all the time that's why you see me with different ones. If you have any questions please call me or stop by the funeral home and we can talk about it. I'm going to run this bitch around here if you don't like move to Humboldt!
WOW man u really got everybody believing your steve murphy. maybe you should run for the biggest idiot on topix! keep up the good work!!!
smurf the looser murf

United States

#121 Sep 17, 2012
smurf to da murf wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW man u really got everybody believing your steve murphy. maybe you should run for the biggest idiot on topix! keep up the good work!!!
it takes a idiot like Murphy to run for Mayor! Everyone is laughing about you! You are one big joke to the town!
family guy

Arlington, TN

#122 Sep 18, 2012
It's a shame mayor coleman doesnt ever even go visit his own father that lives right here in medina. But someone driving by said they saw him over there the other day putting a coleman for mayor sign in his yard.
Just wondering

Mobile, AL

#123 Sep 18, 2012
Anybody go to school with Steve Murphy ? Don't u remember he was an ugly skinny pot head. The only thing that's changed is he's not skinny but he still smokes pot! For real!
Election Watcher

Maryville, TN

#124 Sep 21, 2012
Heard Murphy's radio ad on 93.7 tonight. Let's examine his points:
1) Full time paid fire dept: In order to provide 2 paid firefighters per shift, seven days a week, you need at least 8 firemen @$35k per year including insurance and benefit costs. That's a minimum of an additional $240k expense per year for a non-revenue producing department. How much of a tax increase does it take to fund that minimum effort?
2) Increase from 4 aldermen to 5 aldermen so the mayor doesn't vote in case of a tie: Why not go down an alderman instead? Why does a small city the size of Medina need four, let alone 5 aldermen?
In order to enact either change, you have to get the present aldermen to change the city charter. That might take some doing.
3) Establish an ambulance service: Ambulance service is provided county wide by Gibson County Ambulance Authority, which is funded by collecting user fees, billing insurance companies, and county appropriations. It simply is not feasible to establish Medina's own ambulance service. Currently, ambulances are assigned to communities based on proven usage and estimated usage, with bigger cities like Milan having one full time committed ambulance 24 hours a day, and drawing ambulances from other communities as needed. Some communities have an ambulance stationed in their communities a portion of each day, like Medina for instance, when it is likely there will be a need for fast response. Maybe Medina could work with Gibson County Ambulance Authority, to provide them funding to maintain a full time ambulance in Medina, but setting up your own service would not be feasible.
People who run for Mayor are a strange lot. NO FORMAL TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE is required to run, just a minimum residency period. Most people have no concept of the regulatory burden that city mayors have to comply with, or that some seemingly good ideas are not permitted by law. Take ambulances for instance, GCAA operates under an exclusive license granted by the State to operate ambulances in Gibson County. If there was a market for the service, money to be made, business would fill the need, but that isn't the case...and I dare say that Medina cannot create it's own ambulance service even if they wanted because GCAA has an exclusive franchise, same way in Madison County. There is really precious little that Murphy can do, that Coleman couldn't already be doing, if it were feasible and legal.
Murphy may make you think he'll 'Be the last to let you down' but that's just bullshit rhetoric that he hopes you aren't smart enough to figure out.
bear

United States

#126 Oct 1, 2012
We haven't forgot about you Murphy but Coleman for Mayor!
Party

United States

#128 Oct 7, 2012
Party at my house when Steve looses the election!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep deleting Jimmy Nixon (Jul '15) 5 hr change 6
click one cable sucks (May '13) 6 hr change 37
Mom and pops Fri Parker 2
When we were married Fri Vanessa 13
News Medina man alleges police misconduct; City atto... (Apr '14) Thu NimRod 17
What is this about May 26 Parker 4
Local election May 25 justspeakingthetruth 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medina Mortgages