First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Spooked

United States

#22 May 10, 2009
OK tonight for the 3rd time I was driving by the old motel and I have seen a brownish like fog going across the road. 2 of those times the wind was blowing from the east and tonight the wind was not blowing at all by chance as someone been killed in front of that motel or in the motel. 1 time my husband was with me and the last 2 times my son has been with me. It is dark brownish looking fog and its looks like its running?
Browser

United States

#23 May 11, 2009
I can not answer your question but I have seen something odd there last fall I also see a thick fog floating across the road at a very fast speed. I thought my eyes was playing tricks on me.
Former Hanna Resident

Locust Grove, VA

#24 May 25, 2009
The Ghost Hunters wrote:
Is there any place here that is haunted that we are allowed to go see. I would like to see it before I pull out of Hanna. And if a place is haunted do you know the story behind it I am writting a book about Wyoming's haunted places.
Maybe we can keep Henry and Nikki and who ever else out of this topic.
Haunted??? you bet it is? buried deep beneath the homes of Hanna there are abandoned mine shafts.
Many of these tunnels were blocked off by the Mine explosions that occured early in the 1900's. Many a miner were lost in those explosions. Many were buried alive, only to roam endlessly looking for a way out. Not knowing they are dead their spirits continue to search for their family even today.
In our old home there were spots that were very cold even tho the rest of the home was very warm.
The home was consistantly shifting pushing up on the cement pad, that covered the ground underneath the home.
Make your own conclusions, Haunted??? or not?
only the sprits know for sure!!!!!!
in the know

Cheyenne, WY

#25 Jun 1, 2009
The 1908 explosion did trap several miners, but they are actually entombed on the south side of the railroad tracks. The miners monument that sits behind the high school is not where the miners are entombed. Visit the Hanna musuem. They would be happy to explain it all to you. You are correct, though. Many men lost their lives in the '03 and '08 explosions. Many people who live in this town are related to those men, and they would be happy to talk about it as well.
former resident 2

Fort Collins, CO

#28 Jun 2, 2009
your foundation is old.
Former Hanna Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Haunted??? you bet it is? buried deep beneath the homes of Hanna there are abandoned mine shafts.
Many of these tunnels were blocked off by the Mine explosions that occured early in the 1900's. Many a miner were lost in those explosions. Many were buried alive, only to roam endlessly looking for a way out. Not knowing they are dead their spirits continue to search for their family even today.
In our old home there were spots that were very cold even tho the rest of the home was very warm.
The home was consistantly shifting pushing up on the cement pad, that covered the ground underneath the home.
Make your own conclusions, Haunted??? or not?
only the sprits know for sure!!!!!!
WyMommaD

United States

#29 Jun 4, 2009
man, I'd go with you in a heartbeat!
The Ghost Hunters wrote:
I am normally can pick up on any spirit but since I have moved into this house my kids swear that a black man chases them up the stairs. I had no idea that there was a black man spirit here in this town. I always figured it was a spirit from 1 of the miners thinking they would look black while working in coal. Guess I should have believed them. lol I want to go on a group shost hunting thingy but fear people might think I lost my mind if I asked permission to ghost hunt their old houses lol. if any one knows of a good place and that can get approval to hunt the haunted lol I would go. I have a k2 meter infared camera a digital temp dowsing rods and a evp recorder lol I am just to chicken to go looking alone hahaha
ricky carr

Pleasant Hill, MO

#30 Jun 16, 2009
i would lick your butt hole
casey moats

United States

#31 Jul 11, 2011
Okay wrote:
The original "Okay" / the person who has been posting as "Okay" here, did not post that last comment.
I am the person who goes by "Okay", and I imagine the one who did the above post is probably Casey Moats.
Casey, or at least the person using that name, made a vulgar post on the thread for the "change a letter" game here. A thread/game we'd been having fun with for a while now, just posters playing a simple game - no gossiping, no belittling... just a game.
Because I, more or less, called Casey what he/she obviously is, an idiot, this is how he/she retaliates.
Casey, I feel sorry for you. You must have had an awful childhood, have turned into a very twisted and sad adult, and apparently, doing mean and or stupid things here at this website is the only thing you find gratification in.
Must suck to be you.
Come on don't be like that. We are supposed to be best friends. I have always loved you.
Former Resident 3

Fort Collins, CO

#32 Mar 12, 2013
Spooked wrote:
OK tonight for the 3rd time I was driving by the old motel and I have seen a brownish like fog going across the road. 2 of those times the wind was blowing from the east and tonight the wind was not blowing at all by chance as someone been killed in front of that motel or in the motel. 1 time my husband was with me and the last 2 times my son has been with me. It is dark brownish looking fog and its looks like its running?
@ Spooked, I knew the owner or that motel. I also know that she had died in her house/office of the motel. Also the whole town of Hanna sits on a collapsed mine, where many many men died and so you maybe seeing one of the men from the mine.
Former Resident 3

Fort Collins, CO

#33 Mar 12, 2013
I lived in Hanna off and on for 10 yrs I lived in several houses while living there. The house that was the most haunted was 103 Meadowlark DR. On night in the early 80's my brother and I was watching nighttrax.(it was pre-MTV)My brother went to go to his room which was in the basement to get a blanket because he was cold he was about half way down the stares when we both heard my dad's table saw started by its self.I know for a fact that the saw was off, locked and unplugged.

Another time I saw a man that was dressed in early nineteenth century style of clothes in the hallway by my room. He was knelt down on one knee and he looked right at me and said " where is it? I know it was right here where is it?" " The exit was here." I know there are some of yous that will not believe any of this and that is fine, but it is true there are a lot of ghost and spirits in Hanna and they do let you know that they are there.
Former Resident 3

Fort Collins, CO

#34 Mar 12, 2013
Sharing my story wrote:
I have been in the elementary and had an experience. I had to be at work at 7:00am and was standing by the office reading the bulletin and at the end of the hall way by the gym I heard children laughing, and there was no way there way children in there at that time. Just to make sure I walked into the lunchroom to take a peek and just what I thought it was just me. The laughter was very clear I knew right then what it was and what was going on.
@ Sharing, Are you talking about the elementary school that is on 2nd street?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medicine Bow Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word association Aug '16 Cookie_Parker 1
Answer a question with a question Aug '16 Cookie_Parker 1
Missing Truck Driver Aug '16 Wondering 1
News Utility seeks approval for new Wyoming wind farm (Sep '09) Jul '13 snapping turtle 2
gas plant (Feb '12) Feb '12 old arkie 1
childrens books the boy who didnt try (Jun '11) Jun '11 dave james 2
Election Business Ready Community Grant, Medicine Bow (Feb '11) Feb '11 none of your busi... 1

Medicine Bow Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medicine Bow Mortgages