Cops: Woman dies after months on floor

A 73-year-old woman was found dead on her bedroom floor after she apparently spent weeks unable to get up while her 82-year-old husband fed and cleaned her but did not summon help, authorities said. Full Story
tired of stupid people

League City, TX

#1 Feb 11, 2009
fell sorry for this old man ..he loved her & did what she requested
Renee

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Really??? Why didn't she just get up? I think if my spouse fell, gave me an attitude, refused help from me.... i would have called Paramedics just in spite!
Understandable

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Older people can be stubborn these days. If her husband was doing what she requested, then he did that for her. If her daughter was concerned about her mother being so sick not to be able to talk to her, then she could've got on a plane and went to check on the situation.
Angel

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Feb 11, 2009
This is horrible... this man killed his wife. May God have mercy on his soul!
WOW

Clinton, IN

#5 Feb 11, 2009
Wether he "thought" she would get or not, he shouldve called for help. DUH!!!

“Just be you. ”

Since: May 08

Muskegon,MI

#6 Feb 11, 2009
When you love someone, you do whatever it takes to see they are cared for. She was probably not in her right mind(just MO).That is why he should have step in and gotten her the help she obviously needed. I do give him credit for what he did do for her...feeding and cleaning her. But he should have called for help as well.

I understand he thought he was doing what she wanted...but all he did was watch her die. This is very sad.
jess

Bettendorf, IA

#7 Feb 11, 2009
tired of stupid people wrote:
fell sorry for this old man ..he loved her & did what she requested
I agree....we may not be able to understand it, but it has to do with his age and how he was raised. No one wants to be found on the floor and unable to get up...his wife was embarrassed Im sure and probably thought she could get up so she requested to be left there....being a very rare breed that actually listens to the wifes request he let her be while still careing for her...Im sure it broke his heart but...he did it.

To me this is no different than life support issues. My dad is a do not resistitate....and even though it would be hard for me I have to respect his wishes....
North Side Fat Man

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Maybe some people would rather die at home!
You cant judge someone until you have the whole story!
The real Bee

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Feb 11, 2009
Unless you know all the facts........ I would hope that my husband would honor my request. Angel you do not know the situation so please keep your judgemental comments to yourself. If you were elderly and wanted just to be let go. We dont know the circumstances as to why this lady did not want help.
clouds again

Zeeland, MI

#10 Feb 11, 2009
Sorry, but you call for help for the injured person. If they refuse to go with the paramedics that is something different, but at least she would have been lifted off the floor. This is just so sad it make me ill to think about it. I wonder what will be the cause of death.
Monday

Zeeland, MI

#11 Feb 11, 2009
I can not imagine that anyone would choose to die on the floor in pain, for months and months. That doesn't make any sense. If she had not gotten up by Christmas, he should have just called. For God's Sake she laid on the floor all winter!
Garr Obo

Millerstown, PA

#12 Feb 11, 2009
If she died in bed there wouldn't be a controversy. Leave the old man alone.
Monday

Zeeland, MI

#13 Feb 11, 2009
Garr Obo wrote:
That is not true, if she died in bed from injuries caused months eariler without medical help, there would still be controversy.
Monday

Zeeland, MI

#14 Feb 11, 2009
Garr Obo wrote:
Just because he is an old man it still does not make him right to have done that. If it had been her 45 year old Son that let her lay there and die, would you still be ok with it?
Just Me

United States

#15 Feb 11, 2009
In these days and ages, many elderly people are afraid to seek medical attention. Has the thought ever occurred to anyone that perhaps they were both afraid of being separated from each other? In a situation where one isn't able to care for the other, the possibilites of being separated are great. For some, the fear of living without their life partner is too much to deal with. Regardless of how long this lady was on the floor, it is apparent that he loved her. He took care of her the best he could. He followed her wishes. She asked him to not call for help, he didn't. She asked him to tell their daughter she was sick, he did. There is not one of us that knows 100% what we would do in that situation, so who are we to judge this man?
Bunny from the UP

Bellevue, MI

#17 Feb 11, 2009
I don't really know how to feel about this I am sure there is more to the story then we may never know.
I remember one time my ex husband was sick had blood poison I called and set up a appointment. He came home from the appointment and went off on me. Told me not to interfer ever again with his health.
I didn't I saved his life or days in the hospital any how but I never set him a other appointment again. The one time he was having stomach problems told me to call. I didn't I gave him the phone number and made him call to set it up. After we got divored he was sick again. I asked him if he went to the doctor he goes NO. I asked him if he wanted to set up a appointment for him? We just laughed 30:) mintues later I picked up the phone and set up the appointment for him.If I was married to him and he was this way would I call someone. Yes I would!
But leave the man alone he did what his wife wanted

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medical Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cannabis 5 hr skatr4u 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Spokane, WA (Dec '11) Wed John Hancock 7
Home wrecker (Oct '13) Nov 16 Roxanne 3
Heating pad, hair dryer save kitten found outside Nov 14 JokerD 1
Quick Survey: Help out the City of Cheney and E... Nov 12 EWUstudent2014 1
Quick Survey: Help out Cheney as well as EWU st... Nov 12 EWUstudent2014 1
Review: Empowering People Inc Nov 10 test1 1

Winter Storm Warning for Spokane County was issued at November 21 at 5:09AM PST

Medical Lake Dating
Find my Match