Howe takes first shot at Esquivel

Howe takes first shot at Esquivel

There are 3 comments on the Medford Mail Tribune story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Howe takes first shot at Esquivel. In it, Medford Mail Tribune reports that:

State Rep. Sal Esquivel denounces what he views as a misleading hit piece mailed to voters that signals the start of a negative campaign by his opponent in the Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Medford Mail Tribune.

On The Dole

San Antonio, TX

#1 Oct 1, 2010
As a 30+ yr Republican, voting for one politician over another usually nets the same old status quo.
That being said, I was around the first time we Oregonians voted against the sales tax. I guess Esquivel figures there may be enough ex-Californians here that would be willing to pass it. More of that decades long, "Californians Stampede to Save Oregon From Itself" mentality.
Time to give Sal das boot, and send him packing.
Our biggest political problem, is career politicians.
Gary

Ellensburg, WA

#2 Oct 11, 2010
Sal said he might back a 5% sales tax only if the Oregon Income Tax was reduced first......
On The Dole

San Antonio, TX

#3 Oct 11, 2010
You're right Gary.
But, what's the point playing a shell game with taxes? "Take a little less here and pay a little more there." One may argue that what Sal proposes would spur savings, but that's not what Oregon's ecomony needs right now.
There are trillions of dollars, in cash, currently waiting on the sidelines. Companies of all sizes, as well as individuals need a reason to spend. The threat of more taxes will cause everyone to simply horde those dollars, extending this rotton economy.
If Sal can't think of anything better, he ought to take his shells and go home!
Oregon is in need of real leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home invasion robbery suspect arrested Jun 25 Mariecruse 1
News Ex-strip club owner jailed after commotion at p... Jun 22 mopper 1
The Way it Goes Jun 18 The Mention 1
News Walmart thief lassoed: Rancher on horseback tak... Jun 13 Donna Bevck 1
Child Rear View Jun 8 Introspective 1
kpmomof789 Kate parker speak up about your no l... (Mar '14) Jun 5 Blynn 17
News Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religio... May '16 Gremlin 5

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance