joshua parker
Questions

Springfield, OR

#1909 Mar 17, 2014
Madi wrote:
As for the "you can't have it both ways" bit on Kate's writings (relative to believing that her words are either truth or lies)....
We can have it both ways because we know for a FACT that Kate's writings include a blend of lies and truth. That's what I think made her so believable!
For me, it's a matter of looking at proven facts and motivations.
Why would you cop to awful, abusive treatment of your children if it wasn't true? Nobody lies to make themselves look awful! You lie to make yourself look good!
Common sense.
Admissions to a crime or wrong-doing are extremely unlikely to be fabricated, especially when we have evidence to directly support those claims.
So I'm going to assume her admissions and statements discussing her alleged crimes and wrong-doings are true, unless there comes a time when we are provided with additional evidence that serves to prove those statements were lies.
Firstly cute Dog analogy, And still there would be room for explanation of your actions... For kicking a dog is not a crime, nor abuse. If all you ever did was kick your dog, and not feed it, then that might constitute abuse. I know of several dogs who growl and bark at well known , and safe individuals.And when there are three dogs, and only one growling and unfriendly. That's the Dog not the person. Now if all the dogs were growling I would be more cautious, but one dumb dog going off on almost anyone who walks through the door... that would be the dog. And in that case I would swat at the dog, or kick at it to get it to back down, especially it it became more aggressive, as it sometimes will towards anyone who does not react in fear to it. It really is a Cowardly dog, so it tries to make up for that.
So knowing All or as many details as possible will change the ways in which you understand something
In short if you were to post that and I was genuinely concerned I would ask more questions of you to get a clearer picture

As to Lying or not. I though the consensus on this board was that this Kate was in it for the money, and it was all words.As Such that would be the reason why the kids are all doing So much better out of the house. It was argued that if she had been doing any of these things, the effects would have lingered longer, and the kids would not have recovered almost Immediately, as reported

Lastly by definition a lie is perverting the truth, where by omission, or addition
So even it there was some truth amongst the lies then it was all a Lie.

See as stated before you can't have it both ways,
Either she's a lying extortionist, or she's telling the Whole truth.
There are only two options here.
A genuine Concerned mother, or a Evil Conniving Liar
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1912 Mar 17, 2014
Further, in my analogy, the dog was kicked not in self defense or due to a threat, but because it was behaving in a manner that the subject did not enjoy (barking.) The dog was in no way threatening. Let's say it was barking due to excitement.
(It's my analogy; I make the rules! LOL)

The kicking in that scenario was performed as a malicious act, which IS a crime and abusive.

So that renders your self-defense implication ridiculous.

But see, you try to twist things however you see fit, even if it's not logical!
You've even tried to twist a fictional scenario into something it's not!

This is something I made up in my mind; I "own" that fictional scenario so to speak.
Yet you're trying to claim all sorts of silly loopholes!
Really?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1913 Mar 17, 2014
Questions, did you call yet?
Cassie-Confused

Taylorville, IL

#1914 Mar 17, 2014
If someone says over and over and over that they leave their child sitting alone all day long because she is just so miserable, hard to misunderstand what they are saying. There is absolutely no scenario where leaving a child, especially a disabled child, sitting alone in one spot every day is ok. Ever.

If someone says I went against drs orders and accessed my child's port. There is no good scenario that would make this okay. Ever.

We saw video where she claimed to have given Bethany Joshua's pain pills. For a child as medically fragile as she claimed Bethany to be, there is not a good reason to ever do this. Ever.

Those can't be flipped into "Well she must have had a good reason" There is not a good reason for any of those things she said in her own words that she did.

That's like saying someone who beat the crap out of their child might have had a good reason. There is none. The end.
Cassie-Confused

Taylorville, IL

#1915 Mar 17, 2014
As for the general consensus on this board, there is none. No one knows what is going on. We don't know if it all was a lie, if she did something to make those children ill, if everything she said was the truth, if part was true and parts were lies. No one has claimed to know anything. But you always seem to think the only time she was lying or misunderstood is when its something bad that can't be explained by warping and flipping everything around.
gplocal

Grants Pass, OR

#1916 Mar 17, 2014
All of the kids are on the court docket again for tomorrow http://www.ojd.state.or.us/JOS/Calendar.nsf/3... $FILE/JOS-35578564-NEWMAN.PDF
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1917 Mar 17, 2014
gplocal wrote:
All of the kids are on the court docket again for tomorrow http://www.ojd.state.or.us/JOS/Calendar.nsf/3... $FILE/JOS-35578564-NEWMAN.PDF
Good eye.
Looks like it's a continuance from 3-12, so for whatever reason, it seems that they didn't review as planned in the last court hearing.
Appears to be a routine review of placement.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#1918 Mar 17, 2014
Was the reason behind Bethany needing a gtube posted in her CB? I remember Kate referring to it on different occasions, but I'm wondering if she gave details on the reason it was placed.
BLynn

Kyle, TX

#1919 Mar 17, 2014
Madi wrote:
<quoted text>
Good eye.
Looks like it's a continuance from 3-12, so for whatever reason, it seems that they didn't review as planned in the last court hearing.
Appears to be a routine review of placement.
I believe that "cont'd" actually means continued from 3-12 and that they will need 1/2 a day to hear all that's being presented.
BLynn

Kyle, TX

#1920 Mar 17, 2014
court observer wrote:
I got called to work this a.m. so missed the proceedings.
Courtobserver, would you be Ble to make it tomorrow for the continuation of the hearing?

Questions, you really should put your money where your mouth is and call the detective.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1921 Mar 17, 2014
allison04 wrote:
Was the reason behind Bethany needing a gtube posted in her CB? I remember Kate referring to it on different occasions, but I'm wondering if she gave details on the reason it was placed.
That's a good question.

My impression was always that she had feeding problems due to reflux (and perhaps low muscle tone too?) and as a result, wasn't taking in enough calories.

But I don't have a specific memory of a particular blog post where she discussed it. So this may have just been an assumption on my part.

Hey, bloggy friend at the truth blog....
Do you happen to have any posts where Kate mentioned the g-tube???

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#1922 Mar 17, 2014
Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:54 AM, PST
In about an hour, Bethany will be getting her g-tube & losing her NG tube. She'll also have an upper GI, with biopsies taken from her esophagas, stomach & intestine to evaluate for H. Pylori, reflux & any other abnormality.
If there are no surprises, we will be going home on Saturday. I'll have been gone from home for 26 days, which is way too long for my comfort level. I hope to never have to be in the hospital with my kid(s) for almost a month again!
Audiology finally got here yesterday to evaluate Bethany's hearing & found that her ears are so full of fluid she 'flat lined' on all of their tests. As a result, she'll have to come back to get re-checked in 6-8 weeks. That will coincide nicely with Bethany's need to return to get her PEG tube changed over to a mic-key button (for her g-tube) & her follow-up with her rheumatologist and Joshua's follow-up with his neurosurgeon. I'll schedule the 4 appointments over 2 days, which will make it a quick trip up here.
Not much else to report right now, but I'll update later, after Bethany's procedures.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#1923 Mar 17, 2014
BLynn wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that "cont'd" actually means continued from 3-12 and that they will need 1/2 a day to hear all that's being presented.
Exactly. That's what I meant by the continuance bit.:-)
Sometimes, someone important is out sick or they don't have vital paperwork ready yet or another hearing just went long, so they opt for a continuance.

I had construed the 1/2 day bit to mean that the judge was scheduled for a half day (it's helpful to know that for scheduling testimony and planning, as it basically means "come to court ready with everything you could possibly need because there's no lunch break for you to get your act in order if you forget something!" LOL)

But you're right, it could certainly mean they've set aside a half day block to review all the kids cases. There are quite a few.
BLynn

Kyle, TX

#1924 Mar 17, 2014
Curt,
If you are still reading along, I sincerely hope you are able to be in court tomorrow as loving support for your family. I have identical, but very different, twin brothers, and I know what that bond means. Even if Kate doesn't show it outwardly, you are the one person in the world that truly knows her heart. You are the person she knows she can't fool. Whatever unspoken look or gesture that you have that she knows without question--I hope you are able to give that to her.

I am praying for healing for all involved and for peace and comfort through the process.

Peace be with you,
B'Lynn

Location hidden

#1925 Mar 17, 2014
Clarity, thank you for that! So, Bethany was brought to the states the October before this?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#1926 Mar 17, 2014
I think the girls came home Oct. 2010.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#1927 Mar 17, 2014
Yes the girls came home October 2010 and Bethany was hospitalized December 2010.

I will do a post about her feeding tube sometime tomorrow if I get a chance.

Location hidden

#1928 Mar 17, 2014
momtomyboys wrote:
I think the girls came home Oct. 2010.
Thanks, just looking at the timing. Tube within a couple of months with Kate. Not sure how long she had it, but if it was in place all along until......she was removed from Kate, that's an obvious red flag.
Questions

Corvallis, OR

#1929 Mar 17, 2014
Madi wrote:
Further, in my analogy, the dog was kicked not in self defense or due to a threat, but because it was behaving in a manner that the subject did not enjoy (barking.) The dog was in no way threatening. Let's say it was barking due to excitement.
(It's my analogy; I make the rules! LOL)
The kicking in that scenario was performed as a malicious act, which IS a crime and abusive.
So that renders your self-defense implication ridiculous.
But see, you try to twist things however you see fit, even if it's not logical!
You've even tried to twist a fictional scenario into something it's not!
This is something I made up in my mind; I "own" that fictional scenario so to speak.
Yet you're trying to claim all sorts of silly loopholes!
Really?
Ah see with this new information, giving context to the situation, I might suggest a Spray bottle, or a Bark collar to help train the dog as to when it would be appropriate to bark and when not to.

As you can see Contexts Is Crucial
You got mad at me for "twisting" your theoretical story, where as I just responded back based on what you told me and what I understood. Then I used a real life scenario to extend it and explain one reason why it could be the case.

But you got Mad at me even though you left out several crucial Contextual pieces of
Puzzle.

Only further proving my point that even it you had every single post Kate ever wrote, without knowing the Full context in which it is written you might misunderstand what was indeed being written.
Remembering Kate herself at some point did say in CB that this was her journal, thus it was for her first, and then the rest of us were allowed to read along. So we can't know the full contexts as it would mean having to have her explain each one to us in full.

Location hidden

#1930 Mar 17, 2014
Obviously, the "context" is what the authorities are sorting out now. Kate's in court trying to explain the context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Sun Leaving soon 182
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... (May '16) Feb 8 Elks member 29
News Transgender man claims he's pregnant (Mar '08) Feb 6 TheJerseyDevil 62
News Oregon woman plans to parade topless (Jun '08) Feb 6 Parade Phart 1,346
Lacey elaine oliver Jan 28 Lilysdaddy 1
How to lose tourist dollars 101 Jan 24 CaptainOfIndustry 1
News Medford businessman Kelly Rasmussen accused of ... (Oct '08) Jan '17 Cjben79 12

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages