joshua parker

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#143 Nov 4, 2013
Not pre marfans she diagnosed Adam herself. She always told people she was pre med and that she used to work for any given job, that fit the situation.

This is just one of her many post.

Kate Parker
Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2008
View Source
Hi ~

I'm Kate, mom to 7 kids. 4 of my children have chiari & tethered cord (1 of those 4 also has spina bifida) and of the 4 with chiari, 2 are diagnosed on the autism spectrum. I actually have 4 kids diagnosed on the spectrum, but 2 don't have chiari.

My kids are Megan (16), Adam (15, Asperger's, Marfan's), Emily (9, Asperger's, chiari, tethered cord), David (6.5, autism, ADHD, chiari, tethered cord), Sarah (6.5, chiari, tethered cord), Isaac (4.5, PDD-NOS) and Joshua (2, lipomyelomeningocele, chiari, tethered cord, gastroparesis, g-tube dependant).

I look forward to being a part of this group and learning more about the connections between autism and chiari.

~Kate

Willingboro, NJ

#144 Nov 4, 2013
Tweety3672StillSucks wrote:
IDonated, can I ask if you are on the same side of the country as Clementon, NJ?
Yes, I am in the Eastern US. My guess is that the aforementioned poster is using a proxy or uses an ISP that redirects their connections through a proxy during high load times, which is more common than you'd think.

Location hidden

#145 Nov 4, 2013
kpmomof7
Thank you, everyone. Bethany *may* have just weeks to live, but it is possible she could surprise us by not having another bout of congestive heart failure right away (what is anticipated to cause her death).(m)
01/22/2013 02:14 Registered: 4 years ago
Since she has had 3 bouts of CHF over the past 5 weeks and nothing we (her medical team & I) have been trying is making a difference in getting her multiple medical conditions controlled, we are going to lose her the next time she experiences CHF. Yes, it's more complicated than that, but it's been a really long day and is now actually after midnight so it's technically a new day and I need to get some sleep, so I'm going to leave the explanation at that for now.

Thank you for your prayers. It has been awful knowing we are going to lose Joshua. Adding a second child to the "end stage illness" list has pushed my family over the edge into the "horrified" category. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the reality that I have to do this ~ plan memorial services & write obituaries & face the loss of my child ~ twice, and they have completely unrelated conditions! We didn't know ANYTHING was wrong with Bethany when we adopted her (other than she had Down syndrome & a supposedly-repaired heart condition). And everyone thought Joshua had "turned a corner" and was going to be fine since he'd had the best year of his life prior to the adoption. No one could have guessed that he had a chromosome abnormality that would ultimately destroy his brain stem & end his life. What are the odds of that, you know (actually, I do know. It's 1 in 500 million)? It really is unbelievable that we are going to lose both children and while I KNOW that God is good and He is working out SOMETHING here, I can't even come close to pretending I have any idea what that is.

So... yeah... thank you for praying for me and my family. This is a pretty dark time right now.

Location hidden

#146 Nov 4, 2013
Didn't she claim one of her singletons was triplets and that one had a vanishing twin. This sounds vaguely familiar to me.

Location hidden

#147 Nov 4, 2013
She herself is a twin and she has one set of twins.

Location hidden

#148 Nov 4, 2013
PostPosted: November 17 2010, 9:30 PM Post subject: Feeling really overwhelmed Reply with quote
I'm new to the forum & new to raising children with Ds. We adopted 2 little girls from Ukraine and have been home since October 15th. Hannah (15 months) is doing well. Bethany (newly-3) is not.

Thus far, we've learned that she is having seizures, has pulmonary hypertension, the 2 patches from her AV canal repair (done in Ukraine) have small holes that are leaking, as is her mitral valve (cardiologist said we can wait 6 months before doing a heart cath & surgery).... she has extreme joint laxity (beyond the typical hypotonia associated with Ds, we're told) & the prediction is that she *might* walk independently by the time she's 8 or 9 (she cannot crawl or pull to a stand at this point & her hips dislocate on a regular basis). Our PT & orthotist suspect she will need high bracing plus a walker in order to walk someday... oh, and she behaves very much like an autistic child (I have 4 kids diagnosed on the spectrum, so am familiar with the condition). I read Dr. Capone's paper about autism & Ds and was not terribly surprised to see that Bethany fits every criteria for the group 1 kids with autism.

She has horrible fish breath that is just rancid no matter how often I brush her teeth (which she has ground down to barely above the gumline in the back of her mouth) and she bites her hands, so those reek, too. Oh, and she's being treated for latent tuberculosis, too.

She doesn't sleep worth a darn, is not able to eat solid food and in the past few days, has not been very interested in drinking her bottle anymore (she's been getting Pediasure). She does not have an ear infection or other pain that I am aware of. She has no speech/babbling, so she can't communicate that way.

In the orphanage, she was left in a crib & medicated (drugged) to keep her quiet. Her overall functioning is similar to a 6 month old. When we came home, she weighed 17lb,14oz. She quickly gained a couple pounds and weighed 20lb,4oz just 2 weeks later. She hasn't gained any more weight since then (2.5 weeks).

I don't know what I want anyone to say... I don't know the point of this post, really. I guess I just wanted to say that I'm feeling stressed-out... totally in over my head... and while I know that things will get better and I need to take one day at a time and all that (I've been dealing with special needs since the beginning of 2002, so I'm familiar with the ebb & flow of things), right now, at this moment, I feel overwhelmed. It feels like Bethany has a lot going on and it feels like a lot to deal with, even if it really isn't. I'm hoping that others here will understand how I'm feeling & maybe reassure me that this isn't all as bad as it seems.

Location hidden

#149 Nov 4, 2013
I find it interesting both Bethany and Hannah developed eating issues requiring tube feeds around the same time. She says they both had R.A.D but I think she was not so attached to them. She has always been the victim from her childhood trough the current she was victimized everything from childhood abuse to her husband not being there. It is always about what everyone else does or does not do to Kate. Do you all remember when she reported the foster home Hannah and Bethany went to for respite care?

Location hidden

#150 Nov 4, 2013
I feel terrible for her kids whose medical histories are an open book on the internet, thanks to their mother. Who needs HIPAA when Kate's your mom?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#151 Nov 4, 2013
So does any of her family or any of charley's family have anything to do with them? Seems like a relative (any relative) would be on to her a long time ago. I just feel so bad for the kids, every one of them.

Location hidden

#152 Nov 4, 2013
She is estranged from her family. She's mentioned interactions with Charley's family but not recently and they seemed to be rare. When they went to get B & H in Ukraine, it wasn't family that checked in on the kids either. I think Kate has a scrap yard full of bridges in her past.

Location hidden

#153 Nov 4, 2013
This is what she has said in the past.

Adam was twins

David & Sarah are twins

Isaac was a triplet

Joshua had a vanishing twin.

She has made it clear in the past that she has absolutely nothing to do with her family. She was abused by her brother and her mother did not want her. She has said that her mom wanted 2 boys and 2 girls and she messed that up by being a twin. She has a twin brother.

Location hidden

#154 Nov 4, 2013
Here is another list of medical conditions from Jan 2012.
Megan's precocious puberty, Adam's nasal cyst that eroded his septum & led to 3 surgeries, David's autism diagnosis & subsequent years of therapy & intense treatment (ABA), Emily's Asperger diagnosis & therapy, Sarah's developmental regression, therapy & subsequent brain surgery for Chiari, hurricanes wrecking our home, Isaac's autism & apraxia diagnosis & therapy, David & Sarah's same-day brain & spinal cord surgeries, David's ADHD diagnosis, Adam's "emerging Marfan's" & Asperger diagnosis, Megan's PCOS diagnosis, EVERYTHING involved with Joshua (29 surgeries, wheelchairs, AFOs, cathing, g-tube, TPN, multiple hospitalizations & tests, etc), and adopting 2 children with Down syndrome from Ukraine & addressing *their* multiple medical issues
Adams perspective

Troutdale, OR

#155 Nov 5, 2013
Soccer game

Mountain View, CA

#156 Nov 5, 2013
Saying this lady's other children are guilty in this is a bit of a stretch. If all this is true, wouldn't they be victims of manipulation too? A lot of this looks like idle gossip. Where is the evidence? Why isn't there a news story about this? Why isn't there a court case or police report? Other than some random stranger posting here anonymously that they know where these kids are placed in foster care, all this seems to be wild accusations. Seems very strange that you are criminalizing the mother for not doctor shopping. However, if she doctor shopped she would be criminalized as well. This whole situation sounds like a stressed out family that has enough to deal with. Having a bunch of strangers on the internet spread rumors does not help things. If you truly feel bad for the kids, let this go. If they are in foster care and life is better for them now, stop talking about it and let them move on.

Location hidden

#157 Nov 5, 2013
Adam and Megan are adults. One of them has been trained and given a job as a respite worker. They may be victims but it does not mean that they are not responsible for protecting the children they were caring for.

Location hidden

#158 Nov 5, 2013
Sure, maybe they were manipulated for a while. But, at some point you have to become responsible for yourself. As adults, they should have known something was wrong. Especially Adam, who was with his mom at most doctor's appointments/hospitalizations.

Location hidden

#159 Nov 5, 2013
Soccer game wrote:
Saying this lady's other children are guilty in this is a bit of a stretch. If all this is true, wouldn't they be victims of manipulation too? A lot of this looks like idle gossip. Where is the evidence? Why isn't there a news story about this? Why isn't there a court case or police report? Other than some random stranger posting here anonymously that they know where these kids are placed in foster care, all this seems to be wild accusations. Seems very strange that you are criminalizing the mother for not doctor shopping. However, if she doctor shopped she would be criminalized as well. This whole situation sounds like a stressed out family that has enough to deal with. Having a bunch of strangers on the internet spread rumors does not help things. If you truly feel bad for the kids, let this go. If they are in foster care and life is better for them now, stop talking about it and let them move on.
The whole point is that because Kate has told so many different stories & has solicited funds from people by playing on their sympathies. The info being written is based on what Kate herself has written many, many times on so many different discussion venues. With 9 (now 8) children, all of whom, according to Kate have so many special needs has time to obsessively spend many hours online?
By her own admission, her family is very sequestered. The children are all home schooled. There seems to be no socialization whatsoever with people outside of the home & yet she over shares with as many people on the internet as possible. As soon as anybody questions, makes suggestions or otherwise does anything but tow the Kate Parker party line, they are berated, quite abusively. I feel nothing but sympathy for her older children, as they have been quite obviously controlled over the years.
If all of this doesn't open ones eyes & think, then I just don't know
Nancy

Calgary, Canada

#160 Nov 5, 2013
I'm sorry Soccer game, I have to disagree with you. If she has done nothing wrong and is truly just stressed out, then she would have made a post by now. We all know she loves to post on boards and she would have no problems letting all of us know that things are too tough for her and she is going to stay away for a while. In fact, whenever her life has stressed her out in the past, she is on these boards more often than not letting us all know.
I'm not saying she doesn't have things tough, that she isn't dealing with chronically ill children but with all that is going on, I'm finding it hard to believe most of what she's saying. I am not a distrusting person by nature but she is making things tough for us to believe.
KatesaFake

Denver, CO

#162 Nov 5, 2013
This is just something I heard and not something I saw or knew directly, but I believe the person who told me this. During a recent fundraiser, the Parker family raised quite a bit of money. Thousands of dollars, I think for Charlie again to take off during and after a funeral for Joshua or Bethany or both. The fundraising site must have contained a public ticker that showed how much money had been raised. Somehow Kate was able to edit the amount shown to be lower than what was actually raised so that people would feel compelled to donate more money.

Location hidden

#163 Nov 5, 2013
soccer game

Some of us were real life friends or are acquaintances of select family members. Some of us in real life spent lots of time with her and her children. Some of us know facts that are true. Yes several of her kids do have medical issues, yes Joshua has had many surgeries and procedures as has Bethany. However may of there medical needs where based on Kate's representation of facts, concerning her child's pain physical symptoms ect. Such as Bethany lost weight needed a gtube placed but was she hooked up to her pump as she should have been NO! Bethany relied on her mother and caregivers (Adam and Megan) to care for her. Joshua was also needing care and his surgeon did surgery based on Kate's symptom reporting and some MRI (cine) imaging. His pain management Dr.s increased meds based on her reporting symptoms and his pediatrician seeing him for limited amounts of time. Kate made videos to prove things, however many of the videos where taken in the same time frame with a happy child and sad child in pain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man pleads no contest to stealing over $260k fr... Jun 25 good day 1
So close to homeless Jun '17 Eddie 1
News Grants Pass elderly woman facing no cause eviction Jun '17 good day 1
News Will JFK's grandson become our first Jewish pre... May '17 Antisemitic 2
Armpit Airline May '17 All seeing eye 1
News Drive-By Shooting Suspects in Custody (Jul '07) May '17 how 9
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance