|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

See post #832.
That nicely sums up what I remember from my conversation.
That's basically what he said to me as well, plus the above points.

I don't claim to have privileged information on the case.
He simply confirmed points that were already known.
He cleared up what little doubt I had about the situation, confirming that yes, this is a significant case.

If you're concerned about the investigation, I'm sure the detective would love to speak with you.
Wow

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Thought-I-was-her-friend wrote:
I have spoken to the detective. I just wanted to give an update of sorts.
ALL of the children have, indeed, been removed. They will NOT be going home until this is resolved, which could take up to a year(more on that in a minute).
ALL of the doctors that Kate wrote about have been or are being investigated along with this case (obviously). The things that Kate wrote about the kids diagnosis, and what this doc said, or that doc did are FALSE. The medical records for the kids are being looked at with a microscope to be sure that everything was in order, and so far, it has been. Even the diagnosis that she named on her CB, FB, and other forums were lies, there are medical issues but NONE of them are terminal or even all that serious (meaning they are completely compatible with LIFE).
The Detective assured me that they had been to visit all of the children, and they are all doing very well. Joshua & Bethany are in school, eating food, walking, running, and having a "normal" childhood with their Foster families.
They are fully aware of Adam and Faith's baby, and CPS is going to be taking action to protect him/her when he/she is born.
This case is very very complicated. There are several issues at play here, and because of that, and the HUGE number of people involved (the doctors, the hospital people, CPS, government agencies, all of those who gave to them, all of those who were lied to and cheated, etc, etc) AND the fact that it covers several states, this case is going to take a very long time. They are following every lead, and listening to every story to paint a picture of what has happened. It could take 6-8 months for and formal decisions and/or charges to be filed. Then there would be the process of arrest, etc. Only then can it all be taken to court and sorted out legally. SO... patience is going to be needed for all who are interested.
The Detective assured me that the children are the first priority and they will be kept safe throughout the whole process. This was one of my main questions, I just wanted to be sure they were ok.
Sooooo... even if you don't think your input would be helpful, or you don't have it documented, CALL THE DETECTIVE. You can speak to Detective Mace Winters, OR Detective Erica Hurley. Be patient, if you leave a message, they WILL call you back(she told me to tell everyone that! LOL)!!!
I'll just get the post over here for future reference. Madi, I never doubted you. I feel for the people who prefer to attack simply because it is easier than to do a little research.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll just get the post over here for future reference. Madi, I never doubted you. I feel for the people who prefer to attack simply because it is easier than to do a little research.
Thank you,@Wow.:-)

Exactly. Do a bit of research.

I don't know why some people would think that I have some sort of privileged, top secret information on the case.
*I* certainly never said that.

And I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that a detective would discuss a case.
I was a police reporter for a local newspaper for a few years after I retired and I spoke to the detectives all the time, both on the record and off. The only time they'd keep the case totally under wraps is when the individual didn't know they were being investigated.(Where do you think newspapers and other media outlets get their information on the cases in the news? Police detectives.)

But as I said, it's easy enough to give the detective a ring or shoot him an email if you're concerned that the case isn't being investigated properly.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

SLF wrote:
<quoted text>
I have questioned "Madi" in my mind from day one....
There's no need to put my name in quotes, BTW

Madi **is** my name (Madeleine, if you must know).
I'm one of the few people using their real name, it seems.
I probably *should* have picked a pseudonym like everyone else. But whatever. I don't have anything to hide.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

You know, it's pretty funny to me that this discussion has basically turned into a couple of know-it-all people who write big long important sounding posts that really don't say anything at all, but somehow make people think they just read something new and exciting, discussing a person who also did the same on a daily basis. lmbo
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Madi wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you,@Wow.:-)
Exactly. Do a bit of research.
I don't know why some people would think that I have some sort of privileged, top secret information on the case.
*I* certainly never said that.
And I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe that a detective would discuss a case.
I was a police reporter for a local newspaper for a few years after I retired and I spoke to the detectives all the time, both on the record and off. The only time they'd keep the case totally under wraps is when the individual didn't know they were being investigated.(Where do you think newspapers and other media outlets get their information on the cases in the news? Police detectives.)
But as I said, it's easy enough to give the detective a ring or shoot him an email if you're concerned that the case isn't being investigated properly.
Because you act like you're the one in the know on this forum. You come off as a queen bee. There is hardly a page of 20 comments where you aren't a significant portion of them, agreeing with those who agree with you and ripping others up if they don't, even stooping so low as to accuse posters of being Kate or another family member if they cross you at all. It's interesting that posters who dominate on this forum have eerie similarities to Kate herself. Just my observation.

There is difference between a newspaper reporter getting answers from a detective so the public can be informed, and some obscure blog poster wanting to get all the dirt they can out of a detective so they can pass it along to others and come off looking like a hero in the process. I just wonder about the detective. Why would he just say all this to a stranger???

And also I wonder about posters who seem to have made it their hobby of sorts to dissect this case ad nauseum? What is the attraction?
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

lurker wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you act like you're the one in the know on this forum. You come off as a queen bee. There is hardly a page of 20 comments where you aren't a significant portion of them, agreeing with those who agree with you and ripping others up if they don't, even stooping so low as to accuse posters of being Kate or another family member if they cross you at all. It's interesting that posters who dominate on this forum have eerie similarities to Kate herself. Just my observation.
There is difference between a newspaper reporter getting answers from a detective so the public can be informed, and some obscure blog poster wanting to get all the dirt they can out of a detective so they can pass it along to others and come off looking like a hero in the process. I just wonder about the detective. Why would he just say all this to a stranger???
And also I wonder about posters who seem to have made it their hobby of sorts to dissect this case ad nauseum? What is the attraction?
I have every right to share my opinion.
Have I disagreed with others? Sure. But I disagree *respectfully*.(And in a case where I was less than respectful, because I felt attacked, I apologized.)
The same cannot be said for you. I've never said anything as remotely vicious or nasty as you have.
I donated to a woman who defrauded not only me, but hundreds of others, and allegedly harmed children whom I -- and many others -- grew to care about and pray for on a daily basis.
So do I have an interest in this case? You bet.
Do I have an interest in arguing with you? Absolutely not. This isn't about me. And I have no intention of making it so.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

From LURKER: "And also I wonder about posters who seem to have made it their hobby of sorts to dissect this case ad nauseum? What is the attraction?"

Lurker, just curious as to why you're here at all?

Most of US are here because we feel betrayed by Kate. We have spent TIME reading her CaringBridge, praying hard for her kids, some people sent money… It is nice to connect with others who are flabbergasted by the whole ordeal, upset at being taken in by a really good story-teller. Maybe it's therapy for some of us. Maybe we're just trying to compare notes and red flags that we should have noticed as not being true.

You seem so damn angry, what IS your beef with this? If you don't see the "attraction", just LEAVE! No one is making you read this stuff!:)

OR, are YOU Kate??????
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Hahahaha! You found me out.

There is some serious paranoia going on here. Are you guys so afraid of Kate that you think she's peeping in on you? What if she were?? More fodder for your sick judgmental conversations. More arrows in your quiver to shoot her with.

I come here every once in a great while to see if there are any updates on the kids. But it's the same old stuff by the same posters hashing and re-hashing and re-hashing. Patting themselves on the back for "I thought so, too" over and over.

My concern is that 1) the kids are safe 2) If any legal action has been taken - like Kate being sent to jail, that I can find out and tell some friends who are concerned for her and her family. And 3) I'm just appalled that it's taken well over 1000 posts to share info and come to some vague conclusions about what might be going on that could have been done in maybe 100.

The kids are safe. There is a police investigation going on. Even family members have said...Let's just let the professionals do their job now. But you guys just can't let it go. I'm trying to understand the psychology behind this obsession with her. It's just looney.

NO I'm not Kate. Just an observer of the crazy going on here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

It's curious that when anything is said on the other side of the fence, when there haven't been comments for hours, there are instantly flames and Xs and mean faces assigned yet only a couple people are posting. Seems to me that certain people are part of a posse that are likely discussing this elsewhere too. I also noticed a time where two posters simultaneously began to re-post obscure Kate posts from an internet source not yet discussed. It seemed to be in tandem. I guess this is like high school again. You're either in or you're not. If I could, I'd like to request more flames than empty lightbulbs. I have not randomly capitalized things and, agree with me or not, I do appear to come across as somewhat intelligent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

lurker wrote:
<quoted text>
And you come off as a b%#ch lurker. So your right that there are people with similarities to Kate.
Just MY observation.
I love that your attacking and outraged with some random person when you shoudl really be directing your anger to kate. Unless your her?

I spoke with the detective also Madi and he said the same to me.
Lurker just needs to stick to lurking imo.:p
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

GigiCarol wrote:
It's curious that when anything is said on the other side of the fence, when there haven't been comments for hours, there are instantly flames and Xs and mean faces assigned yet only a couple people are posting. Seems to me that certain people are part of a posse that are likely discussing this elsewhere too. I also noticed a time where two posters simultaneously began to re-post obscure Kate posts from an internet source not yet discussed. It seemed to be in tandem. I guess this is like high school again. You're either in or you're not. If I could, I'd like to request more flames than empty lightbulbs. I have not randomly capitalized things and, agree with me or not, I do appear to come across as somewhat intelligent.
More like Jr. High actually.
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

BelievedHer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you come off as a b%#ch lurker. So your right that there are people with similarities to Kate.
Just MY observation.
I love that your attacking and outraged with some random person when you shoudl really be directing your anger to kate. Unless your her?
I spoke with the detective also Madi and he said the same to me.
Lurker just needs to stick to lurking imo.:p
This is too funny! Someone up there really whet all your appetites to figure out which poster is really Kate. Maybe I am and maybe I'm not. Love playing this little game with y'all. Seriously gals??
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

I have to admit my own weird fascination with the psychological games that people play on internet forums.(See I can at least admit my own quirks.)

If any of you haven't read "Queen Bees and Wanna Bees", you really should. It plays itself out uncannily true to form on internet forums all the time. Grown women reduce themselves to adolescents again. Or perhaps those grown women never matured mentally or socially.

There is always the Queen Bee ( whom I have identified on this forum, and I'm not the only one who noticed this). Then there are the wannabees who will prop up their queen if anyone attacks her. They are also her gofer- running errands ( looking up past posts and re-quoting them in support of their queen, or doing the dirty work for her that she doesn't want to do herself). They actually wish they were Queen themselves, but since they can't bee (haha- little pun there ;), they have to content themselves with getting as close to the Queen as possible. There are other characters in the "kingdom" but I can't recall what they all are, but they serve various purposes, some as axillary to the queen and some in opposition to her.

Anyway, just having a little fun here. Don't take yourselves so seriously gals.

The biggest problem I see is that this forum has been going on for over 4 months and innocent people with no more than genuine concern for the welfare and whereabouts of Joshua and Bethany have been convinced that Kate is a monster, a witch,(same thing with a b), a fraud, pathological liar and even a potential murderer of her own kids who is trying to make money off public sympathy. And that Charley, Megan, Adam and even Faith are complicit and that all their heads should role. The really sad thing is that all these conclusions have been made with very, very little concrete information. Have anyone of you ever put yourself in Kate's shoes. OK not even Kate's, but anyone who has been accused of something and a whole bunch of strangers are throwing stones like an angry mob? I'm looking at this forum as a whole and it's a piece of work. It's hard to even fathom the way some of your minds are working on this.

I have to suppose that it's sick entertainment at least for the detective because there surely isn't much of substance to help him. Y'all think you're doing something so noble by bringing all this to light. But the internet is a fantasy world where anyone can be whomever they want to be. Things can be fabricated out of an imaginative mind and posted online but have no figment of truth to them. The stuff she wrote and posted is not necessarily proof of anything. I don't think it would hold up against her in court. I may be wrong but I don't think I'm terribly far off. Tracking down where exactly the money went that you all sent her is going to be mighty tough. And getting a dime of it back next to non-existent. The money is gone, gone, gone!

Anyway, carry on .Nothing I say is going to stop what you're doing. But again it appears to be an over-the top sick obsession with a woman who has issues. At the least she needs pity for digging such a hole for herself. At the most, some of you could (acknowledging those that have) give her some empathy for having to deal with what appears to be some serious instability in her mind and life. A really rotten place to be. If she's done things with full mind and intention to do harm, then at this point the authorities are getting a handle on it and will figure it out. Justice will be served. But how will you feel if you find out she is innocent in a myriad of ways where you misjudged? I hope the foolishness of some of this forum slaps some of you upside the head and then sinks in deep.
King

Mason, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

I find it funny that you're doing exactly some of what you're accusing others of doing...

I don't know what, if anything, Kate is guilty of. What I found difficult is that it all appears to have been a fraud. After years of reading Josh's story, praying, etc. it all seems to have been fake. That's tough to take. It's a good lesson learned, but still difficult. Some people might feel angry and therefore a bit obsessed. I personally feel very sad, particularly for the kids. Sure, it's possible that Kate is completely innocent. But is it likely? I doubt it, but it could be, at least partly.

However, part of how the police find out what truly happened is if those affected by sending money, etc. reach out and share that information, factually. I don't believe it should be a witch hunt, but there were many people who apparently send quite a bit of money. And while I wouldn't have the expectation of getting money back (if I had sent $$), I might be ticked off and want at least some sort of closure in the form of punishment.

Kate is free to live whatever life she chooses, raising her children as she sees fit. But that wasn't done privately. It was done on multiple very public forums.
lurker wrote:
Anyway, just having a little fun here. Don't take yourselves so seriously gals.
The biggest problem I see is that this forum has been going on for over 4 months and innocent people with no more than genuine concern for the welfare and whereabouts of Joshua and Bethany have been convinced that Kate is a monster, a witch,(same thing with a b), a fraud, pathological liar and even a potential murderer of her own kids who is trying to make money off public sympathy. And that Charley, Megan, Adam and even Faith are complicit and that all their heads should role. The really sad thing is that all these conclusions have been made with very, very little concrete information. Have anyone of you ever put yourself in Kate's shoes. OK not even Kate's, but anyone who has been accused of something and a whole bunch of strangers are throwing stones like an angry mob? I'm looking at this forum as a whole and it's a piece of work. It's hard to even fathom the way some of your minds are working on this.
I have to suppose that it's sick entertainment at least for the detective because there surely isn't much of substance to help him. Y'all think you're doing something so noble by bringing all this to light. But the internet is a fantasy world where anyone can be whomever they want to be. Things can be fabricated out of an imaginative mind and posted online but have no figment of truth to them. The stuff she wrote and posted is not necessarily proof of anything. I don't think it would hold up against her in court. I may be wrong but I don't think I'm terribly far off. Tracking down where exactly the money went that you all sent her is going to be mighty tough. And getting a dime of it back next to non-existent. The money is gone, gone, gone!
Anyway, carry on .Nothing I say is going to stop what you're doing. But again it appears to be an over-the top sick obsession with a woman who has issues. At the least she needs pity for digging such a hole for herself. At the most, some of you could (acknowledging those that have) give her some empathy for having to deal with what appears to be some serious instability in her mind and life. A really rotten place to be. If she's done things with full mind and intention to do harm, then at this point the authorities are getting a handle on it and will figure it out. Justice will be served. But how will you feel if you find out she is innocent in a myriad of ways where you misjudged? I hope the foolishness of some of this forum slaps some of you upside the head and then sinks in deep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

Again, similarities to kate are v. apparent here.
Lurkers obsession with drama, stirring up drama when there isn't any, intense jealousy b/c shes not the center of attention and all around nasty attitude. I dont care if your kate. Your just as crazy and nasty.
I love that yourflaming others for contributing to the discussion when all you do is rant like a lunatic.
I don't know about the others but i come here to find out the latest on the situation with kate; not to read you trying to psychoanalyse posters and being a nasty b#&ch.
There's nothing funny about this situation in the least. your sicker than kate if you think its funny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

I don't consider myself one of the bees...but I am curious to see how this all unfolds. I feel victimized and betrayed by kate. I was a friend to her. She had access to my life. My real life...not a fictionalized Internet version...but the real thing. The fact that I gave her money under likely false pretenses is really the least of my concerns. Being totally taken for a ride by her and then being unceremoniously dropped by someone whom I thought was a friend...that is my issue. I'm pissed at her and while I hope that the allegations are untrue...I bet that they aren't. This isn't about a mob action stone throwing. This is about a woman who manipulated a whole lot of people and who hasn't even begun to be held accountable. Maybe the truth from kate would be a good place to start...but I won't hole my breath.
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

BelievedHer wrote:
Again, similarities to kate are v. apparent here.
Lurkers obsession with drama, stirring up drama when there isn't any, intense jealousy b/c shes not the center of attention and all around nasty attitude. I dont care if your kate. Your just as crazy and nasty.
I love that yourflaming others for contributing to the discussion when all you do is rant like a lunatic.
I don't know about the others but i come here to find out the latest on the situation with kate; not to read you trying to psychoanalyse posters and being a nasty b#&ch.
There's nothing funny about this situation in the least. your sicker than kate if you think its funny.
You're!! The word is "you're", short for "you are". "You're sicker" , "You're flaming" , etc.

"Your" is the possessive or you, like your dog, your obsession, your peanut butter sandwich.

Oh I know there is nothing funny about Kate's family situation. It's tragic and as you can see, I'm not laughing at it. But I am laughing at the idea that you think I'm jealous or seeking attention. I'm laughing at the emerging roles people are playing here and how neatly they fit stereotypes. THAT is amusing to me.

Nope,, not jealous or seeking attention. Just attempting to call attention to some pretty immature behavior- name calling, the use of unbecoming adjectives to describe people, concluding things about Kate and her life and the inner workings of her mind that you simply can't know. And sharing my observation that some of you have incredible endurance with this story. I seriously wonder what drives being involved in this redundant conversation almost daily for months and months. It's actually worse than Nancy Grace.

I come here, like many others every 2-3 weeks for updates and have to wade through all this garbage to see if there is anything of value or pertinent. Most of the time there isn't.
lurker

Idaho Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

King wrote:
I find it funny that you're doing exactly some of what you're accusing others of doing...
I don't know what, if anything, Kate is guilty of. What I found difficult is that it all appears to have been a fraud. After years of reading Josh's story, praying, etc. it all seems to have been fake. That's tough to take. It's a good lesson learned, but still difficult. Some people might feel angry and therefore a bit obsessed. I personally feel very sad, particularly for the kids. Sure, it's possible that Kate is completely innocent. But is it likely? I doubt it, but it could be, at least partly.
However, part of how the police find out what truly happened is if those affected by sending money, etc. reach out and share that information, factually. I don't believe it should be a witch hunt, but there were many people who apparently send quite a bit of money. And while I wouldn't have the expectation of getting money back (if I had sent $$), I might be ticked off and want at least some sort of closure in the form of punishment.
Kate is free to live whatever life she chooses, raising her children as she sees fit. But that wasn't done privately. It was done on multiple very public forums.
<quoted text>
First of all, if you were talking to me, what am I doing that I'm accusing others of? I'm open to constructive criticism.

Second, your comment that it ALL appears to have been a fraud. Really? All of it? She fabricated the whole thing? How did you come to that conclusion? How did she convince the doctors that Joshua needed a wheelchair? How did she get any pain medication at all for him if he is actually a healthy normal little boy? You mean she didn't actually go to the Ukraine to get those girls? OK now I'm, exaggerating, just like many on this forum do. Some of the conclusions people have come to are just way out there.

You do make some reasonable points about the police investigation. And if people need closure, that makes sense, too. I don't begrudge anyone that. It's just the hyperbole and rhetoric that is objectionable. Frankly nonsense. It gets sounding like gossipy old ladies that have nothing else to do. I just feel the need to yell- "Get a grip ladies!" after reading some of this stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Judged:

lurker wrote:
. And that Charley, Megan, Adam and even Faith are complicit and that all their heads should role..
Maybe before you attack someone's word usage, you should make sure you are above reproach.

Role - a part one plays or takes on.

Roll - heads (or more pleasant, a ball) rolling across the floor. Comes from heads rolling with the use of the guillotine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,061 - 1,080 of4,092
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Medford Discussions

Search the Medford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ashland gallery owner arrested for allegedly pl... Wed One Eye Jack 2
Looking for help Jul 5 Big Ed 2
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
No charges: workers subdued intruder, who died Jun 17 Susan 1
Phoenix demands The Greenery close or face lega... Jun 16 Obvious 3
jim (Mar '10) Jun 11 jim is gay 3
Gold Beach woman drowns in Rogue River after go... Jun 11 Renee Brewer 1
•••

Fire Warning for Jackson County was issued at July 11 at 2:40AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Medford Jobs

•••