joshua parker

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#818 Feb 3, 2014
Tiffany's information and the information on the blog really do round out the picture of very concerning parental behavior. Anyone with information should make sure that they contact the detectives on this case. These kids deserve it.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#819 Feb 3, 2014
With the SSI and Adam/Megan not getting paid for respite care, they must be hurting for money. Hopefully, the monies are being used to get them healthy.
Madi wrote:
Glad to hear it! I hope you're correct.
She *shouldn't* get that money, as she's not caring for the children and that's what the funds are intended for.
<quoted text>
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#820 Feb 3, 2014
I thought of that too --- they'd be hurting for money.
But I doubt it, since now, there are 6 fewer kids to care for, so.*shrug*
I don't have any sympathy, as it would appear that this is all self-inflicted.
(Except for Charlie....I *really* wonder how much he knew, working all the time. I mean, I'd believe my wife if she said the kids had conditions X, Y and Z and needed meds A, B and C. Wouldn't you? Even Kate said he was minimally involved.)
Clarity for Goodness Sake wrote:
With the SSI and Adam/Megan not getting paid for respite care, they must be hurting for money. Hopefully, the monies are being used to get them healthy.
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#821 Feb 3, 2014
If my wife raised 10s of thousands of dollars, I would have been home a bit and would have used that time off to go to my kid's doctor's appointments. Adam was more of a father going to appointments and making decisions than Charley. As an adult in the house, he watched her alienate family, isolate the kids, and, if he is not mentally incompetent, he would have questioned the ways that were used to parent. I can't imagine he could have seen Kate and the kids ignoring Hannah or Bethany and not acted. If my son was on massive amounts of painkillers with no relief, I would be banging the doors for respite like Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment. He gets no pass from me at this point. He is part of the self-inflicted machine. He raised money to adopt two more kids. He had to have known how much schooling and socializing was or was not happening. Now, he knows. Is he making changes to get this kids back home? Is Kate out of the house so the kids could be home? Is he doing what is necessary to get help for Kate? Or, is he lining up behind her? I have no answers. Just a thousand questions that most reasonable people have.
Wow

San Francisco, CA

#822 Feb 3, 2014
As further evidence that Kate, and Adam and Megan are following along, but are too cowardly to face the people they wronged, Adam has changed his facebook page blocking off all of his personal info including links to his siblings sites.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#823 Feb 4, 2014
Oh, I’m positive they’re following along here. Which positively delights me, to be honest. I want them to know precisely what we think of them.

Kate, Megan and Adam are truly horrible people.

But I don’t think it’s a voluntary silence. Kate and Megan in particular have always been extremely combative. And I have no doubt that they believe they’re in the right.

I think they’re quiet because they know they’re in deep shizz and anything and everything they say will be used against them in a court of law.

Speaking of using Kate’s and Megan’s words against them…..

I encourage you all to stop by http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/...

There’s a few screenshots up of Kate’s and Megan’s Facebook posts, detailing how they ignored and neglected Bethany and Hannah.

Horrific.

Yes, Megan, you’re soooo much smarter than two little disabled orphans who've been neglected and abused from day one. So you abuse and neglect them a bit more?
Fortunately, the investigators so soooo much smarter than you and your evil mother, so I’m optimistic justice will prevail.

I know we discussed it here, but when you read the words yourself……well, it’s something else.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#824 Feb 4, 2014
Ha....a funny point on http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/...

Megan writes "We are sooooo much more stubborn and smart than she is."

That gave me a chuckle, seeing as it's so grammatically incorrect.

"S-m-r-t" smart.

You should be proud of your homeschooling, Kate. You put all good homeschooling parents to shame.
*shakes head*
BLynn

Cedar Park, TX

#825 Feb 4, 2014
Hmmm I can't see my post from last night. In some states when children have been taken into foster care, the parents have to pay child support. I wonder if that will be the case here.

Does anyone know how that works in Oregon?
SLF

Eugene, OR

#826 Feb 4, 2014
BLynn wrote:
Hmmm I can't see my post from last night. In some states when children have been taken into foster care, the parents have to pay child support. I wonder if that will be the case here.
Does anyone know how that works in Oregon?
Yes, that is how it is here in Oregon. We know a couple who lost their kids to foster care and they had to pay child support until they got them back. Big ugly story! This state's CPS system is so messed up.

I hope they do right by Kate's kids.

Location hidden

#827 Feb 4, 2014
I'll be honest. It is some consolation to me that Kate and her minions (Adam and Megan) are reading all of this and can't say a darn thing. I wonder what she does now to blow off steam besides belittle caring, helpful folks.
Brother Curt

Bellevue, WA

#828 Feb 4, 2014
Kate, if you are reading this..I think you may try to hurt me in some way by saying this, but it needs to be said.
Please just come clean to the authorities and get it over with. You were never raised to be the person and parent that you are. Do yourself a favor and take responsability for your actions before you no longer have a choice.
lurker

Safford, AZ

#829 Feb 4, 2014
The posts about ignoring her adopted girls is really disturbing. I looked up treatment for RAD and it looks like she took it in the exact opposite direction recommended. It's all about love and closeness rather than ignoring. Her treatment sounded like something you'd do to a hardened criminal in prison. Not to a toddler with Down Syndrome who has been raised in an orphanage. I don't discount at all the extreme difficulty of raising adopted children with emotional disorders. But to ignore a child for days at a time sounds horrific. It makes me heatsink.
Questions

Veneta, OR

#830 Feb 4, 2014
Apparently from the Clips Many others Supported these actions ... Should they to be prosecuted for supporting this kind of behavior as well?
And if her Vital needs are met then Is this really and truly Neglect?
Also from what I have heard if this lady Kate is reading then in her "altered mental state" would be Compelled to reply on here. She wouldn't be able to help herself? Right. At least that is how she has been portrayed here.
Has anyone here been / talked with the family / seen them recently .. or are we all just talking based off of Past and Uniformed views.
I can only ask questions cause I followed then online for a while , then nothing... So I would like to know.. but I want to be Objective as well.

Location hidden

#831 Feb 4, 2014
Questions wrote:
Apparently from the Clips Many others Supported these actions ... Should they to be prosecuted for supporting this kind of behavior as well?
And if her Vital needs are met then Is this really and truly Neglect?
Also from what I have heard if this lady Kate is reading then in her "altered mental state" would be Compelled to reply on here. She wouldn't be able to help herself? Right. At least that is how she has been portrayed here.
Has anyone here been / talked with the family / seen them recently .. or are we all just talking based off of Past and Uniformed views.
I can only ask questions cause I followed then online for a while , then nothing... So I would like to know.. but I want to be Objective as well.
I am speaking only for myself, here...but you can be supportive of a friend without supporting what said friend is doing. I offered a crap ton of moral and emotional support to kate over the years but that doesn't mean that I have ever condoned the mistreatment of her kids.

Also, who's to say she isn't replying on here? Trying to steer the conversation, to cause people to be more "objective"? ;)
Thought-I-was-he r-friend

Davenport, IA

#832 Feb 4, 2014
I have spoken to the detective. I just wanted to give an update of sorts.
ALL of the children have, indeed, been removed. They will NOT be going home until this is resolved, which could take up to a year(more on that in a minute).
ALL of the doctors that Kate wrote about have been or are being investigated along with this case (obviously). The things that Kate wrote about the kids diagnosis, and what this doc said, or that doc did are FALSE. The medical records for the kids are being looked at with a microscope to be sure that everything was in order, and so far, it has been. Even the diagnosis that she named on her CB, FB, and other forums were lies, there are medical issues but NONE of them are terminal or even all that serious (meaning they are completely compatible with LIFE).
The Detective assured me that they had been to visit all of the children, and they are all doing very well. Joshua & Bethany are in school, eating food, walking, running, and having a "normal" childhood with their Foster families.
They are fully aware of Adam and Faith's baby, and CPS is going to be taking action to protect him/her when he/she is born.
This case is very very complicated. There are several issues at play here, and because of that, and the HUGE number of people involved (the doctors, the hospital people, CPS, government agencies, all of those who gave to them, all of those who were lied to and cheated, etc, etc) AND the fact that it covers several states, this case is going to take a very long time. They are following every lead, and listening to every story to paint a picture of what has happened. It could take 6-8 months for and formal decisions and/or charges to be filed. Then there would be the process of arrest, etc. Only then can it all be taken to court and sorted out legally. SO... patience is going to be needed for all who are interested.
The Detective assured me that the children are the first priority and they will be kept safe throughout the whole process. This was one of my main questions, I just wanted to be sure they were ok.
Sooooo... even if you don't think your input would be helpful, or you don't have it documented, CALL THE DETECTIVE. You can speak to Detective Mace Winters, OR Detective Erica Hurley. Be patient, if you leave a message, they WILL call you back(she told me to tell everyone that! LOL)!!!
Thought-I-was-he r-friend

Davenport, IA

#833 Feb 4, 2014
Oh, and I forgot to add... the case is being done through the Portland Police Dept, NOT the local one (that's how big it is!!).
RoomForMore

Seattle, WA

#834 Feb 4, 2014
Has Detective Winters or anyone else disclosed to anyone what exactly lead to the children being removed from the home? I'd just like to know for curiosities sake what did Kate in. We've speculated that something happened during Josh's last hospitalization in Portland. Although it appears criminal charges have yet to be filed, what family court charges were brought to remove all the minor children?
BLynn

Cedar Park, TX

#835 Feb 4, 2014
Thought-I-was-her-friend wrote:
..... Even the diagnosis that she named on her CB, FB, and other forums were lies, there are medical issues but NONE of them are terminal or even all that serious (meaning they are completely compatible with LIFE).
Anyone else have to read this a few times? I just am blown away. So Joshua does not have a deteriorating brain stem? There aren't really pictures that the doctor took internally of his brain stem being choked by scar tissue? Bethany doesn't really have all those conflicting- can't recall what the "diagnoses" were- JIA, etc.? Did she ever have all those trips to hospitals? Did Joshua have all those detethering surgeries? Did Joshua actually have a TPN so he could "live to see the wedding"?

Oh

My

Goodness

O.o

Location hidden

#836 Feb 4, 2014
I'm totally with you BLynn. Color me gobsmacked.
Another old Friend

Key Largo, FL

#837 Feb 4, 2014
I am no longer friends with Kate but we were close friends for many years. I have read this entire site and I am just heartsick. This is a woman, and family that I LOVED. She showed me and my family kindness and love. In hindsight, I am no longer certain what was real and what was a lie. I am also not sure if we had a read friendship. All I know is that it was real on my part and it FELT real on her part.

Kate can be bitchy and mean (in fact, she has been both towards me since our friendship ended), but I just cannot fathom that she got her kids taken away and probably has MbP. It blows me away.

I am so sad for her kids. So sad for my old friend. This site has just been eating away at me. Every new allegation is like a body blow. How could I have been so trusting? I wonder what I overlooked. What I missed. I wonder if Kate was always mentally ill and I missed it, or if this was a more recent addition to her psyche. I'm just glad her kids are safe while everything is investigated.

I walked away from Kate and I haven't looked back so this ...reaction I am having to this forum odd. It is really eating at me. I am praying for Kate. I am praying for her kids. Only God can heal this family and fix this mess. Maybe this will be the catalyst that forces Kate to seek the help that she very clearly needs to be well.

On a side note, Curt's posts are really repugnant to me. I KNOW that Kate was telling the truth about her sexual abuse at the hands of her brother Bob, and I KNOW Curt knows that's the truth. He must feel safe to keep coming on here and baiting her and kicking her while she is down. What a toxic sicko.

And no, this is not Kate. I haven't spoken to Kate in years. I am all over the place with my feelings right now. Sometimes I want to rush to her defense, and other times I reread the awful stuff she has sent me, or I start thinking about the vile stuff she has allegedly done, and I'm back to thinking she's a loathsome beast who deserves what is happening. I guess my real stance is somewhere in the middle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to lose tourist dollars 101 6 hr CaptainOfIndustry 1
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... (May '16) Jan 21 Elks Member 26
News Medford businessman Kelly Rasmussen accused of ... (Oct '08) Jan 15 Cjben79 12
News Grants Pass culvert bursts Jan 9 Hate irrigation d... 2
Trump For President Dec '16 Kjwood 5
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. (Jul '16) Aug '16 Sniper01 3
Review: something different Aug '16 roncole 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages