joshua parker

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#758 Jan 30, 2014
I would say because she set up some of the fundraisers.
Jamie wrote:
I am really confused.
Why does the detective want to know about Kate Estes?
I am assuming this is the woman who has a son with Mitochondrial

Location hidden

#759 Jan 30, 2014
Does anyone have the video of Bethany with her hands taped up? I think it was originally posted on her caringbridge I believe. Or complicated Bethany?
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#760 Jan 30, 2014
Jamie wrote:
I am really confused.
Why does the detective want to know about Kate Estes?
I am assuming this is the woman who has a son with Mitochondrial
Kate Estes conducted *many* fundraisers on Kate Parker's behalf, making her instrumental in bilking people out of thousands of dollars under fraudulent pretenses.
To add insult to injury, she has then refused to as much as acknowledge those who have contacted her to discuss arrangements to get our money returned.

I *believe* the video of Bethany taped up was via a link on Caringbridge. Almost positive.

I don't recall it being on ComplexBethany, as that one had mostly videos depicting her reactions to being drugged. In the videos that were on this site, Kate discusses drugging Bethany with narcotic pain medications that were not prescribed to her.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#761 Jan 30, 2014
Momoflessthan789 wrote:
Does anyone have the video of Bethany with her hands taped up? I think it was originally posted on her caringbridge I believe. Or complicated Bethany?
I just checked and I did have a video titled "Bethiebean Oct 19" bookmarked.
It could be the one.
But unfortunately, it looks like it's marked private.
&fe ature=plcp
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#762 Jan 30, 2014
Ah, looks like Kate made her photobucket account private following our discussion the other day.(Shocked? Anyone???)

But I'd downloaded both videos and I've forwarded them to the detective, so got that covered.:-)

Kate, you cannot hide the evidence.
Justice *will* be served.

Location hidden

#763 Jan 30, 2014
I found a site that had videos from the Ukraine of the girls. I have since used the program to record my screen (that was suggested here) and recorded them all and forwarded them all to Mr. Winter. It shows how well the girls were doing even though they were in an orphanage. It will be huge to see how quickly they went downhill here.

One of the videos Kate basically diagnosed Bethany autistic.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#764 Jan 30, 2014
I am so happy when efforts turn into results! Yeah!!
Thankful that the CB posts are in Winter's court!!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#765 Jan 31, 2014
I found this site recently and have read it since the beginning. I, too, followed Kate and the kids' stories.

I have found some interesting pages in archives also. Do I post them here or on the website, or just email them to the detective?
Following this story

Seattle, WA

#766 Jan 31, 2014
Ruthless102 wrote:
I found this site recently and have read it since the beginning. I, too, followed Kate and the kids' stories.
I have found some interesting pages in archives also. Do I post them here or on the website, or just email them to the detective?
Yes, do all three.

Location hidden

#767 Jan 31, 2014
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#768 Jan 31, 2014
Ruthless102 wrote:
Agreed with what the other person recommended -- do both!

I just wanted to add that you should take screenshots and copy-paste asap to preserve those, as Kate will no doubt be removing anything that she can!
I'd do it myself except I'm not on my computer.:-)
AMA

Bothell, WA

#769 Jan 31, 2014
Feeling_Used wrote:
Here is the TOK post. It will take two post.
kpmomof7 [ PM ]
We're home with the girls!(m)
10/16/2010 23:41 Registered: 4 years ago
This is what I posted on my blog (it's easier to cut & paste than re-type it all):
I am writing this post on Sunday, October 9th. By the time you read it, Charley & I will be on an airplane, on our way home WITH Bethany & Hannah.
Now that we are out of Ukraine, I can tell you what happened.
On Saturday night, just before 8:30pm, our facilitator called to tell us that the lawyer in Kiev had knowledge that the appeal to challenge the judge's approval of our adoption had not been delivered in person by the prosecutor on Friday; instead, it was mailed. As such, even though the court would know about it, there was nothing they could legally do until they received the paperwork, which gave our facilitation team a very small window of opportunity to get us everything we needed in order to get the girls out of the orphanage & get us all out of Odessa. Our facilitator laid out the plan and explained very clearly that we needed to do everything as fast as possible & without drawing attention to ourselves & what we were doing. Thus, Charley & I agreed that we had better not post anything here in case anyone from Ukraine was checking our blog (it does happen).
On Sunday, Charley & I took our flash drive, which had all the pictures we've taken of the girls on it, to a shop & our facilitator had the employee convert 2 pictures into passport photos. This eliminated the need for us to go get the girls out of the orphanage & take them to the passport office in order to get their pictures done.
On Monday morning at 9:00am, the lawyer for the orphanage picked up our court decree from a courthouse employee who'd agreed to help out with the plan. At 9:15am our facilitator picked up Charley in a cab while the lawyer picked me up in another & while Charley & the facilitator went to get the girls' birth certificates & tax ID numbers, I headed out with the lawyer to get the girls' passports. The birth certificate office isn't actually open on Mondays, but the orphanage lawyer was able to convince one of the employees to come in & do this favor for us. We then went to the bank to close out the girls' accounts and then we headed to the orphanage to bust Bethany & Hannah out (more will be shared about Gotcha Day, including pictures, in a separate post).
I just don't believe this comment AT ALL! Kate loves DRAMA, being In the spotlight. Nothing she wrote here even sounds remotely like adoption is run in Ukraine. From the many Ukraine adoptions I have read about, everyone is on their best behavior, even the lawyers, facilitators and anyone involved. Adoptive parents are walking on eggshells for fear of making 1 teeny tiny mistake and not getting to adopt. They are coached on every move they make. Every move made is on the Ukraine terms. Very strict right down to visiting hours usually 1 or 2 a day for an hour or so. There hasn't been any big plot EVER that I read of to get the children whisked out of Ukraine,'specially involving the facilitator, passports, or even getting an orphanage lawyer to get someone to open up the passport office just for them. All these folks in Ukraine who basically work for the govt of Ukraine or agencies of Ukraine would suffer dire consequences aiding/ abetting them the way she described the whole affair going down. This was like reading a mystery book ending with the lawyer and facilitator each grabbing one of them and dashing around to get passports, birth cert and what they needed. They just don't do that in Ukraine UNLESS it's the plot of a fiction mystery book and Kate is the author. In fact that is just what it reminds me of. A book with strange twists and turns all with such a dramatic flair.

Does anyone know why they had trouble getting the girls out of Ukraine?? or was that a case of 'as the plot thickens' according to Kate.

Location hidden

#770 Jan 31, 2014
AMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Does anyone know why they had trouble getting the girls out of Ukraine?? or was that a case of 'as the plot thickens' according to Kate.
Actually, I believe it. There is a lot of corruption at all levels in Ukraine gov't
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#771 Jan 31, 2014
@AMA.....
When you go into court for an adoption in Ukraine, there's your attorneys/reps, the judge, and a representative who speaks on behalf of Ukraine.
I believe it was the official representing Ukraine didn't approve of the adoption. And she was going to make an effort to appeal it, but

Now, from what we know, it seems like that official had the right idea!

I do believe the story, but I think there are likely exaggerations and half-truths, like everything Kate writes.

Disturbingly, in one of the posts (band back together site), Kate explicitly says she regrets adopting Bethany and Hannah.
I think that's a very key admission.
And I have no sympathy for the "they-have-so-many-proble ms-that-weren't-disclosed! bit. If you're adopting internationally, you educate yourself.
If she'd taken the time to do a bit of research, she'd know that virtually all children have more "going on" than is disclosed. And virtually all adopted children who've been in an orphanage setting have profound delays and/or mental illness, so you need to be prepared to work through those issues.
That's just how it works.
But then again, there's evidence to suggest that Kate sought Bethany and Hannah because they were unwell and delayed. Her next MSBP victims...except Hannah didn't play by the rules and got rehomed like a dog.(Don't get me wrong. That was an incredible stroke of luck for Hannah!)
Following this story

Seattle, WA

#772 Jan 31, 2014
I'm confused. Is Joshua a biological child of Kate's? Or adopted? The first comment I'm copying is from that first link. The second comment I'm copying is from the third link. In one comment, she seems to say Joshua is adopted. In another, she talks about giving birth to him.

>>>And everyone thought Joshua had "turned a corner" and was going to be fine since he'd had the best year of his life prior to the adoption. No one could have guessed that he had a chromosome abnormality that would ultimately destroy his brain stem & end his life.<<<

>>>And, like I said, I had 6 kids before I realized several of them had any kind of special need, and once Joshua was born, I chose to not get pregnant again because I recognized that I WAS one of those walking genetic cesspools and I didn't want to keep birthing children with serious problems.<<<
Ruthless102 wrote:
gplocal

Grants Pass, OR

#773 Jan 31, 2014
Joshua is not adopted. She was referring to the adoption of Bethany and Hannah, saying that Joshua seemed to be getting better when she made the choice to adopt the girls.
Following this story wrote:
I'm confused. Is Joshua a biological child of Kate's? Or adopted? The first comment I'm copying is from that first link. The second comment I'm copying is from the third link. In one comment, she seems to say Joshua is adopted. In another, she talks about giving birth to him.
>>>And everyone thought Joshua had "turned a corner" and was going to be fine since he'd had the best year of his life prior to the adoption. No one could have guessed that he had a chromosome abnormality that would ultimately destroy his brain stem & end his life.<<<
>>>And, like I said, I had 6 kids before I realized several of them had any kind of special need, and once Joshua was born, I chose to not get pregnant again because I recognized that I WAS one of those walking genetic cesspools and I didn't want to keep birthing children with serious problems.<<<
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#774 Jan 31, 2014
Madi wrote:
I do believe the story, but I think there are likely exaggerations and half-truths, like everything Kate writes.
Disturbingly, in one of the posts (band back together site), Kate explicitly says she regrets adopting Bethany and Hannah.
I think that's a very key admission.
And I have no sympathy for the "they-have-so-many-proble ms-that-weren't-disclosed! bit. If you're adopting internationally, you educate yourself.
If she'd taken the time to do a bit of research, she'd know that virtually all children have more "going on" than is disclosed. And virtually all adopted children who've been in an orphanage setting have profound delays and/or mental illness, so you need to be prepared to work through those issues.
Absolutely. Just like with bio kids you have to adjust your expectations based on what their conditions they are born with or acquire. Conditions and expectations of adopted children with special needs from a developing nation or horrifying conditions are usually covered in homestudies and work with your agency. Kate was too interested in making sure she had more unique situations and being called by God to be able to hear from anyone what might happen once she took custody. She almost immediately had the girls integrated into the family with very little primary person bonding. When Joshua got sick again, she was in and out as were other caregivers. Of course, you will see other issues crop up based on transitions if you have not spent time bonding.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#775 Jan 31, 2014
Exactly!
Whether you adopt or give birth, you need to consider these things **before** you expand your family. You need to anticipate that there will be illnesses and other challenges. You need to be prepared to deal with this as a parent. Don't pump out and adopt more and more kids, beyond what you can reasonably handle. Frankly, I'm utterly shocked they ever passed the home study.

The Parkers are a classic example of adopting because they want to “rescue” a child (or two....or four. Four! I just saw another RR family who adopted a set of 4 and now they're adopting another set of 4, in addition to a bunch of bio kids at home.*shakes head* No parent can properly handle the needs of that many disabled, fresh-out-of-the-institution children. It's simply not possible. But that's an entirely different discussion!)

I think it's terrible the amount of burden Kate placed on Megan and Adam. They were thrust into a parenting role, which is absolutely inappropriate. So profoundly unhealthy in a developmental and psychological sense for everyone involved. Sure, older kids can help with younger kids, but there must always remain a distinct line between the role of sibling and parent.

I'm just happy to hear that the kids are all thriving. That's what matters.
It shows us that even if Kate is innocent of MSBP and other allegations of inappropriate administration of narcotics, she is --- at minimum --- falling woefully short of providing the type of care those children need to thrive

The one I feel for in this situation is Charley.
Clearly, Kate wears the pants. I have no doubt the adoption was all Kate.
She has explicitly said Charley doesn't parent the kids.
Charley is clearly the work horse.

I suspect there's a good chance that he just took Kate's word for everything and assumed all was on the up and up.(I mean, if your spouse says "I spoke to the doctor and they said Joshua is dying. We need to give him meds A, B and C." Or "Oh look, all these people donated to help." You're going to believe it, right? I would. Esp. if I'm working all the time and don't have time to really double check things.)

I suspect he's a depressed, sad man who wakes up, works, comes home exhausted, eats, sleeps and then does it all over again.

So it would suck to discover there has been some questionable things occurring with your wife and then have your kids taken away.(Even if you don't have time to parent them, that doesn't mean you don't love them.)

But then again, he had a role in producing all those kids and he had to agree to the adoption for it to occur, so perhaps his circumstances are all his own doing.*shrug*
momtomyboys wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Just like with bio kids you have to adjust your expectations based on what their conditions they are born with or acquire. Conditions and expectations of adopted children with special needs from a developing nation or horrifying conditions are usually covered in homestudies and work with your agency. Kate was too interested in making sure she had more unique situations and being called by God to be able to hear from anyone what might happen once she took custody. She almost immediately had the girls integrated into the family with very little primary person bonding. When Joshua got sick again, she was in and out as were other caregivers. Of course, you will see other issues crop up based on transitions if you have not spent time bonding.
king

Dayton, OH

#776 Jan 31, 2014

Location hidden

#777 Jan 31, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. Tue Sniper01 3
News Woman rescued from car Aug 20 TFC 1
News LNG pipeline group uses Olympic ad to show proj... Aug 20 We Hate Coos Bay ... 1
Review: something different Aug 17 roncole 1
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... Aug 15 Oregon State Elks... 4
News Portable potty pot find is Ore. town's biggest-... Aug 11 Knock off purse s... 8
Grumpy Oregonians Jul 30 Michael Langford 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages