joshua parker
Sue

Old Orchard Beach, ME

#712 Jan 28, 2014
It looks like the police are actively investigating. What a relief to know that!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#713 Jan 28, 2014
Sue wrote:
It looks like the police are actively investigating. What a relief to know that!
Post 711 is gone. Were you replying to it?
Becca

United States

#714 Jan 29, 2014
rosemary30a wrote:
<quoted text>
Post 711 is gone. Were you replying to it?
If there is a missing post, could someone who saw it share a summary?
Sue

Old Orchard Beach, ME

#715 Jan 29, 2014
On the new blog, a detective from Portland left a comment. He basically said he was investigating this whole thing. Also he left his phone number asking for people to call with any info they might have. I googled him and he is a real detective.
Interesting

Colorado Springs, CO

#716 Jan 29, 2014
Sue wrote:
On the new blog, a detective from Portland left a comment. He basically said he was investigating this whole thing. Also he left his phone number asking for people to call with any info they might have. I googled him and he is a real detective.
Yeah I saw that yesterday too. I called the Portland Police Bureau and this detective works in the "Family Services" unit. Seems legit to me. Glad someone is looking into all this.
Brother Curt

Portland, OR

#717 Jan 29, 2014
What matters here is the safety and well being of the kids & whether Kate and Charley should parent these children going forward. Kate's past is not the issue, there are so many 100% fabricated stories. However, Kate has been proven to be a liar time and time again, just look at her children.

Please let law enforcement and DHS do their jobs and let justice be served.

The truth will trump the mountain of lies.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#718 Jan 29, 2014
I think we're all in agreement on this for the most part.

You have to remember, the only reason we became involved in this in the first place is because we fell in love with these two kids, whom we were told were terminally ill.

As for letting law enforcement and DHS do their job, I think that's what we've all been hoping and praying for! We want someone to properly investigate this and take appropriate action to punish anyone who is deserving of punishment and to ensure that all children (including Adam's child) remain in a safe, healthy environment moving forward.

I think we all are dying for updates, but realistically, I think know we'll never know the ultimate outcome for these kids, but I know for me, knowing they're safe is absolutely what matters most.

So indeed, I think we're all on the same page, with the exception of the argument that Kate's past isn't an issue. I would argue that it's absolutely an issue as it shows an established pattern of behavior and it provides insight to Kate's psychology. I think we're all quite horrified by these allegations and we all want an explanation or understanding of why she did what she's accused of doing. We want to understand.
Brother Curt wrote:
What matters here is the safety and well being of the kids & whether Kate and Charley should parent these children going forward. Kate's past is not the issue, there are so many 100% fabricated stories. However, Kate has been proven to be a liar time and time again, just look at her children.
Please let law enforcement and DHS do their jobs and let justice be served.
The truth will trump the mountain of lies.
Nobody

Boise, ID

#719 Jan 29, 2014
Adam may be employed. On May 29 he posted on his google + account that he was a sales associate at a furniture store.( https://plus.google.com/118138025331996857595... ) Hopefully he still has that job and can support a family. Since DHS removed all minor children from the home, they will not allow Adam's newborn to live there, either -- Adam & Faith will have to move by the time the baby's born.

To Kate's siblings: If you are truly interested in a relationship with your nieces & nephews, now's your chance. Is one of you capable of being their foster parent?(At least for the ones who aren't supposedly "medically complicated"? Even if you're not, contact DHS and you may be allowed contact through the foster parents - supervised visits, etc.
Questions

Roseburg, OR

#720 Jan 29, 2014
Where is this new blog.. and what is the Info for this detective involved?
last I heard Joshua was near death.. he's doing better ???
how do we know this? If so Great .. no kid should be sick!
still catching up on this case.. so much here ..
Cliff notes anyone?
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#722 Jan 29, 2014
Hi @Questions.
Cliff's Notes version: We were all apparently deceived.
Joshua and Bethany, while they do have medical conditions, are reported to be in good condition and in no way on death's doorstep.

All minor children have been removed from Kate's care; they are now in foster care. According to reports from those who have seen them and others in the know, they are now thriving. Joshua is active and attending school. Bethany is doing well too.

Kate was apparently caught doing something inappropriate during Joshua's last hospitalization. It would appear she administered loads of medications inappropriately. Perhaps a Munchausen syndrome by proxy situation? We're unsure on this point, but we do know alarm bells were raised and this led to Joshua being removed from her care, followed by all of the other minor children.

In short, it appears she allegedly deceived doctors and us, making us believe they were much sicker than they really were. They are not dying; apparently never were. We all fell for a very sick set of lies, it seems.

Now, the case is (thankfully!) under investigation by police and DHS.

We are still concerned, though, as Adam should have a newborn baby in the very near future and he lives at home. But as someone indicated above, they may be forced to move out once the baby arrives.

I, for one, would also like to see an investigation into Adam and Megan's actions as they were paid caretakers. I plan on mentioning this to the detective as well to ensure he's aware, as I have no doubt they had some role, at minimum, administering inappropriate medical care.

Blog and detective info above; posted separately in case someone deletes it.
Questions wrote:
Where is this new blog.. and what is the Info for this detective involved?
last I heard Joshua was near death.. he's doing better ???
how do we know this? If so Great .. no kid should be sick!
still catching up on this case.. so much here ..
Cliff notes anyone?
Questions

Roseburg, OR

#723 Jan 29, 2014
One more thing .. What is the difference between
a Allegation, and a Accusation?
Does one not require the Law and a Verdict?
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#724 Jan 29, 2014
No, it's just a matter of semantics.

"Alleged/Allegations " could be interchanged with "accused/accusations. "

I worked PT as a police reporter for many years, so it's just habit for me to write that way. LOL It's to protect the publication against a libel suit.

Alleged/accused are typically used prior to a conviction, but they could also be used after a verdict.
Typically, once a verdict is reached, you're "convicted of X", though you could also say that someone was "accused of X" or "allegedly did X." (From a libel standpoint, you can't ever say "Kate did X", even once convicted, unless she admits it. You must say she was accused/convicted of X or attribute the claim, saying that "Person A says Kate did X.")
Questions wrote:
One more thing .. What is the difference between
a Allegation, and a Accusation?
Does one not require the Law and a Verdict?
Questions

Roseburg, OR

#725 Jan 29, 2014
I'm Pages and Pages behind on this Mind boggling story / posts so thanks for the Cliff notes ...
It seems as though the Above note has been deleted...
anyone know what the new boards link is?
And Wow ... What a Scary Amazing Case
bbbbb

Sparta, WI

#726 Jan 29, 2014
thetruthaboutkpmomof789DOTword pressDOTcom/

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#727 Jan 29, 2014
The blog is http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/... If anyone wants to contribute anything they may have that they think would be beneficial for the detectives to know please feel free to leave it on the blog.
I am however only looking for fact based information.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#728 Jan 29, 2014
How obnoxious.
The blog is at http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#729 Jan 29, 2014
....and you can see the police detective's comment here:

http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/...
Questions

Eugene, OR

#731 Jan 29, 2014
Thanks
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#732 Jan 29, 2014
Alternatively, in the likely even t#730 is deleted, there is some pertinent contact information for a police detective at the end of this article:

http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/rea...
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#733 Jan 29, 2014
FWIW, I just contacted this Det Mace Winters with information and links to about a dozen of Kate Parker's websites and online postings, including caringbridge, complexbethany.blogspot and various fundraising sites. I provided info on her usernames, Adam's postings on Joshua, and the fact there may soon be a newborn child in that home.
Just wanted to make note of that in case anyone else was planning to do the same, so this det. doesn't get 87 messages with the same info. I just wanted to ensure he had all relevant info.

Really, all he'll need is the caringbridge sites --- it's all there in incredible detail.
Don't forget she allegedly lied to get our money too. Perhaps there's a charge there too.(If not, it should be!)
Madi wrote:
Alternatively, in the likely even t#730 is deleted, there is some pertinent contact information for a police detective at the end of this article:
http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/news/rea...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: PRO Tech Mobile RV Repair (Dec '13) Mon Mis 4
Nathan stancliff Apr 13 Oxxie 1
chomos take over nurelle harrigan investigation Apr 2 DAVE 1
Moving Mom active boys Apr 1 Erk 1
News Oregon petition looks to ban assault weapons Mar 22 armed citizen 1
News 15-year-old arrested over suspected school threat Mar '18 Jackson MC-CHICKEN 1
News Cause of Mr. Thom's fire doesn't surface quickly (Jul '08) Mar '18 christo 10

Medford Jobs

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages