joshua parker
Rumors

Oaxaca, Mexico

#605 Jan 11, 2014
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
Adam is a grown man. He was a respite care giver of either Joshua or Bethany. That makes him legally required to report any suspected abuse. He was the one present with Kate for most of Joshua's hospitalizations. You can't tell me he was clueless. Especially when so many people on the internet knew something was wrong.
He's a grown man. He's also a brainwashed young man. He is a person who has been conditioned *from infancy* to believe that he and his siblings are ill. Growing up with a mother like Kate is absolutely no different than growing up in a cult.

Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of psychology knows that he cannot be held criminally responsible for anything in this situation. He might be an adult, but he's still a victim. Suggesting that he is culpable here suggest extreme narrow mindedness.

And the comments about "gay charctaristics" are bigoted, childish, and revolting.
Rumors

Oaxaca, Mexico

#606 Jan 11, 2014
Also: No. CPS wouldn't have left the younger children at home under the care of their older siblings even if they thought they could properly care for them. Everyone, even older siblings, grandparents, etc. have to go through background checks etc. before they are allowed to become "foster parents". I know this because a family member's children were placed in foster care for nearly two months while their grandparents underwent a sort of certification process.

That aside I *don't* think that Adam and Megan could properly care for Joshua and Bethany because I throughly believe that both of them sincerely think that both children are terminally ill. As I mentioned before children of MSbP have to be deconditioned, which is a long and difficult process.
Angela

San Bruno, CA

#607 Jan 11, 2014
suppose that there are some people who won't believe the sky is blue if they've been told for years that it's pink.

I'd like to ask you. Have you EVER seen one pic of Joshua where he looked like he was at death's door? Ever? I am not doubting that he has medical issues but I can honestly say that in every pic I have seen of him, he has a huge grin or he just looks sleepy.

As much as I'd like to know what made Kate's house of cards tumble it's enough for me to know that someone with enough power saw that something was off as well.

I hope that all of those children will be okay.
On verge of not caring wrote:
I thought I was completely past this and disconnected, but I was wrong. I care and I want to know the absolute truth - which will likely never be known.
<<snipped>> The copy/paste of court information counts for nothing when it's not backed with the link to the actual documents - which every link I've seen did not lead to. I'm not saying it isn't real, just that it's not sufficient evidence.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#608 Jan 11, 2014
On verge of not caring wrote:
Some of the things you all say about Bethany as evidence that she was "fine" fit exactly into a RAD diagnosis, so I find it difficult to accept those comments as evidence Kate was lying.
Now, this may step on toes, so I want to start by stating that I am not accusing anyone here of this. The copy/paste of court information counts for nothing when it's not backed with the link to the actual documents - which every link I've seen did not lead to. I'm not saying it isn't real, just that it's not sufficient evidence.
I have followed a lot of DS adoptions online, and from what I gather, RAD is very uncommon for adopted children with DS (though certainly not impossible, of course.) Perhaps Bethany's autism gave off the impression she also had RAD? But the fact that Kate claimed BOTH Hannah and Bethany had it makes me think she self diagnosed them with that. Perhaps it was Kate who had problems attaching.
Just Sayin

Balgowlah, Australia

#609 Jan 11, 2014
My comment regarding Adam's "mannerisms" were neither bigoted, nor revolting. They were merely an observation. Some people might find the term Christian equally offensive under the circumstances.

There have been comments posted that were a great deal more bigoted in my opinion.
blow hard

Newnan, GA

#610 Jan 11, 2014
The focus needs to be on Kate Parker.

Leave Adam and Megan Parker alone. They are products of their environment and likely an abuse victims as well.

The kids need something they have never been afforded by the mother, privacy and a chance to freaking heal.

I think almost after 600 comments it is time to just let this go. CPS is involved now. Josh and Beth will be ok now. Let them get therapy and move on.

And if you donated money, it is not your right to keep prying and commenting. You made the choice to give her money. In the future, don't be so giving to individuals. There are tons of organizations that help children and families and actually do background checks. They also don't just support the attention whore parents.

Kate is one sick woman. I am glad that the kids are now safe.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#611 Jan 11, 2014
Well, bye. It is our right to do whatever we please. I'll comment until I feel like stopping. It's called freedom of speech. And if you've ever been on the other end of a comment from either Megan or Adam, you might feel differently. Tons of abused kids grow up and realize right from wrong. One can't simply hide behind abuse their whole life. They were adults and free to leave at any time. Or to report their mother. They chose not only to stay, but to become accomplices in their mother's tangled web of deceit. Whether they were getting 100% truths from their mother is neither here nor there. Both were present for doctor's appointments/hospitalizations of one or both children. And that's coming from their own admission, not Kate's word. Megan was even left alone for a few days with Bethany in the hospital. So they didn't have to take Kate's word for anything. It's ridiculous to tell people not to be giving, as if it was their own fault they were trying to help a family with a dying child (or so they thought.)
Just Sayin

Balgowlah, Australia

#612 Jan 11, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
My comment regarding Adam's "mannerisms" were neither bigoted, nor revolting. They were merely an observation. Some people might find the term Christian equally offensive under the circumstances.
There have been comments posted that were a great deal more bigoted in my opinion.
Judged nuts and mean - hilarious. What was it, the reference to Christianity, and the fact that so many dreadful acts are committed, whilst the individual is still considered "A Good Christian"?
blah blah blah

Newnan, GA

#613 Jan 11, 2014
If you truly cared about the kids you wwouldstop this crap. They are in state custody. They are healing now. Let them move on.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#614 Jan 11, 2014
Rumors wrote:
Also: No. CPS wouldn't have left the younger children at home under the care of their older siblings even if they thought they could properly care for them. Everyone, even older siblings, grandparents, etc. have to go through background checks etc. before they are allowed to become "foster parents". I know this because a family member's children were placed in foster care for nearly two months while their grandparents underwent a sort of certification process.
That aside I *don't* think that Adam and Megan could properly care for Joshua and Bethany because I throughly believe that both of them sincerely think that both children are terminally ill. As I mentioned before children of MSbP have to be deconditioned, which is a long and difficult process.
On leaving the younger children in the home under the care of the adult children: I think it may depend on the state. I was a court reporter for 9 years and worked in 3 states. I've seen this occur on many occasions with other adults in the home (grandparents, an aunt, adult children.)
There's typically an emergency custody hearing with a judge who conducts a review of the adult's ability to care for the kids. It's different from being a foster parent; it's treated as a custody transfer.
I know the outcome of the emergency custody hearings is only good for a certain period of time; you still need to go through the typical process to become a permanent guardian.

But admittedly, I never worked in Oregon. So it could be different there. Every state is different.
I know in my experience, they always make an effort to leave the kids in the home, especially if there are a large number. So whenever there was a suitable caregiver, custody was virtually always transferred and the problematic parent banned from the home. But again, Oregon could be different.

You could very well be correct on Megan and Adam being completely conditioned and unable to see the forest through the trees.

My point was that with their training, they would have learned about the signs and symptoms of MSBP, abuse, neglect, etc.
And of everyone, it seems they would have been in the best position to identify the discrepancies, exaggerations, deception and outright lies, as Kate said they were there for many Drs appts and hospitalizations.

But perhaps their conditioning was simply too powerful. That's certainly possible. Or perhaps they didn't realize the significance of Kate's alleged actions, so they never put it all together. That's possible. I have no doubt they were victimized as well.

But to play devil's advocate, as adults, you are responsible for your actions, both in a legal sense and in a moral sense.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#615 Jan 11, 2014
To be honest, I don't care to have my money back. But, I would like to see Kate punished for her actions. Jail time, permanent loss of her kids, a fine, and in the very least she should have to donate a substantial amount to a child abuse charity of some sort. Or maybe Ronald McDonald house. She stayed there all the time.
Madi

Cape Coral, FL

#616 Jan 11, 2014
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a grown man. He's also a brainwashed young man. He is a person who has been conditioned *from infancy* to believe that he and his siblings are ill. Growing up with a mother like Kate is absolutely no different than growing up in a cult.
Anyone with rudimentary knowledge of psychology knows that he cannot be held criminally responsible for anything in this situation. He might be an adult, but he's still a victim. Suggesting that he is culpable here suggest extreme narrow mindedness.
And the comments about "gay charctaristics" are bigoted, childish, and revolting.
Well, I guess it's a matter of opinion, then, on the gay characteristics. Clearly, you believe that there's something wrong with being gay.(A debate for an entirely different forum thread.) But many people do not see anything wrong with being gay or having gay characteristics, so for us, there's nothing bigoted, childish or revolting about it. No different than saying you have manly mannerisms or old school mannerisms. So I guess we'll need to agree to disagree on that one.

As for not being held criminally responsible....
That's not true at all.
Many, many people facing criminal charges blame their parents, abuse and psych conditioning for their actions. They're still prosecuted, tried and held responsible for their actions/inactions, just like other people.
Many attorneys certainly try to use abuse as a defense, and the prosecutors, judge and jury may certainly consider it, but the fact that you're a victim won't make you immune to prosecution.

The same goes for individuals in a cult; you're not immune to prosecution (e.g. manson family).
As an adult, you're responsible for your actions or inactions.

Do I believe Megan and Adam are victims?
Absolutely. I don't think anyone's questioning that.
But if they were in collusion with their mother (something we'll probably never know), the fact that they're victims doesn't make them any less dangerous.
Or perhaps they're completely innocent of any wrong-doing. That's possible too. We'll probably never know.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#617 Jan 11, 2014
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
To be honest, I don't care to have my money back. But, I would like to see Kate punished for her actions. Jail time, permanent loss of her kids, a fine, and in the very least she should have to donate a substantial amount to a child abuse charity of some sort. Or maybe Ronald McDonald house. She stayed there all the time.
Or maybe Make-A-Wish since they essentially took a wish that another child may have been able to have.

I have to agree that both Megan and Adam where paid by the state to care for Joshua and Bethany. They were mandated and trained for this. If you are responsible and capable to care fir young "sick" kids you are responsible enough to take the blame when they weren't receiving proper care. You can't have it both ways.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#618 Jan 11, 2014
On verge of not caring wrote:
The copy/paste of court information counts for nothing when it's not backed with the link to the actual documents - which every link I've seen did not lead to. I'm not saying it isn't real, just that it's not sufficient evidence.
The dockets only stay on the site for a couple of days. They are cached if you search them that way.
lurker

Safford, AZ

#619 Jan 11, 2014
Megan and Adam are barely adults themselves. Think about how mature you were at their age. What are they 21 at most? I don't think I would have ratted out my own mother at that age, especially if I had been under her influence my whole life.(Granted, I was a late bloomer, but still) You don't always have good judgment when you're barely out of your teens so I can't imagine them being held responsible for much.
Questions:
Do we actually know what Kate's problem is? Has anyone of her closer friends confirmed that she's actually been diagnosed with MBPS? I keep reading posts that seem to say that they know for sure that's what happened. How do we know that? Any news media on this case or are these still just assumptions? Let's not be guilty of doing what we're accusing Kate of ...self diagnosing. Ya know? Just a bit hypocritical. I'm not saying she's completely innocent but it's interesting to see this thread going off on wild flights of imagination. If no one knows for sure, it might be something completely different.

I still think she may very well have thought Joshua was going to die, especially if a doctor told her that. And she may have thought Bethany would too and at that point went a little crazy and lost her ability to see the situation clearly. Has anyone ever thought that she might not have done anything intentionally? I mean after your kid has gone through 20 some odd surgeries, your world closes in around you and it's hard to separate imaginations from reality. I used to be a pediatric nurse and dealt with plenty of crazy parents. Crazy due to no fault of their own. Situational craziness. I seriously doubt that doctors would do surgery on so many of her kids just on Kate's recommendation. There is such a thing as x-ray and even MRI that would clearly show the doctors that the kids needed surgery. And they went to medical school and years and years of residency to learn how to assess patients. Kate may have been good at fooling some doctors, but she's not THAT good. I'm fairly certain that if any surgeries were done, they were needed.

Back to the court stuff. Any updates? Do we have any concrete evidence that the rest of the kids were actually taken away or put back in Kate's care? That would be nice to know, although it's not anyone's business but her's and Charley's and the judge.

And the money issue...again I'm wondering how anyone knows without a doubt that she actually scammed people. She may have fudged some numbers in good faith if she really thought she had underestimated expenses and came to realize they needed more. It isn't completely honest but I don't think it's a total scam either unless she used the money to go buy a boat or something. If she used it for what she said she was going to use it for (not counting funerals, obviously) and people were willing to hand the money over for it, I don't think it could legally be called a scam. If the funeral money is still available may some of you will get some back. Eww. I don't think I'd want it back to tell you the truth. I'd rather it be donated elsewhere.

One last question- Does anyone know if she ever took her kids to the local hospital ER? Just wondering because I had a friend who's husband used to be an ER doc there.(They've recently moved to a different state.) And she said she nor her husband had ever heard of Kate Parker. But apparently there was a woman by a different name in similar circumstances in Grant's Pass.

Anyway- just some things to think about.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#620 Jan 11, 2014
I remember her mentioning taking Bethany to the local hospital. Not sure if it was ER. In a perfect world, things would go according to your post. Kate is not a delicate flower. Sure, her kids have chiari. You can't fake that. It's genetic. So, it makes sense that several of her kids have it. Adam is old enough to be married, father a child, etc. if he's so brainwashed and unable to think for himself, I sure hope they keep a close eye on his child. But let's be honest, 18 or 40, when you are hired and paid by the state as a respite care provider, you are LEGALLY required to report any abuse or SUSPECTED abuse. If you can't do that because the person you suspect is your mother, it's a conflict of interest. Make excuses for them if you want, but they are responsible.
some knowledge

West Linn, OR

#621 Jan 11, 2014
Yes, she took her to the local ER in Grants Pass and also to the one in Medford.
On verge of not caring

Haslet, TX

#622 Jan 12, 2014
I typed a lengthy post earlier that apparently is lost in the satellite system. I cannot recreate the same post. The gist of it was:
Yes, I have seen pictures and videos of Joshua where he was happy and healthy looking.

Re: rad and ds. I've not heard that about those being adopted out of Ukraine. If I start caring again I'll research that aspect more. Thank you for the pointer.

Re: court docket disappearing. I see. That doesn't really change the point I was trying to make, though.
On verge of not caring

Haslet, TX

#623 Jan 12, 2014
Amendment on court docket comment: sorry, spaced out on the "they're cached" part. Will consider that the next time I'm on a non-mobile Internet option.
Rumors

Oaxaca, Mexico

#624 Jan 12, 2014
Just Sayin wrote:
My comment regarding Adam's "mannerisms" were neither bigoted, nor revolting. They were merely an observation. Some people might find the term Christian equally offensive under the circumstances.
There have been comments posted that were a great deal more bigoted in my opinion.
Because gay men are all interior designers who use a lot of hair product, right? And heterosexual men are all lumber jacks. Sexual stereotypes are just plain ignorant.

Aside from that *who the hell CARES if he's gay.* It's completely and utterly irrelevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... (May '16) 13 hr Elks Member 47
moving to oregon (Sep '06) 15 hr good day 187
Jerry and Amy Harrington child abusers (Feb '13) Mar 3 Lookng 5
News Transgender man claims he's pregnant (Mar '08) Feb '17 TheJerseyDevil 62
News Oregon woman plans to parade topless (Jun '08) Feb '17 Parade Phart 1,346
Lacey elaine oliver Jan '17 Lilysdaddy 1
How to lose tourist dollars 101 Jan '17 CaptainOfIndustry 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages