joshua parker

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#413 Dec 7, 2013
Show Me The Money69 wrote:
Wow. That's a lot of money. There is a link under "about us" where you can order paper copies if you know exactly what you are looking for. Not exactly what I would consider open records.

Location hidden

#414 Dec 7, 2013
To clarify, there is a charge for the paper copies as well, but it's much less than the subscription service.
gabby

Sioux Falls, SD

#415 Dec 7, 2013
Anyone heard anything new?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#416 Dec 7, 2013
No. I am concerned that there have been no criminal charges made public. The family court stuff would probably be sealed even if people pay for access to that site. Records involving kids usually are unless there are criminal proceedings. Those charges would be under Kate and Charley's names. I am surprised that this has gotten no media traction as well. Maybe people can start to contact the media to see if they can apply pressure about Kate scamming money and making her kids sick, allegedly.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#417 Dec 7, 2013
Like i said before, i contacted every local news station with the story. I didnt hear back from any of them. Maybe journalists are working on something, maybe not.
local observer

Grants Pass, OR

#418 Dec 8, 2013
I don't know what is going on with the Parker case but I can give you some insight about what has taken place in Josephine County over the last year plus. Our local paper had a picure, on the front page, of inmates running and skipping away from the jail. They were released because jail staff were let go due to buget cuts. It has gone downhill since then. Last year a woman called 911 because her ex-boyfriend, who had put her in the hospital the week before, was breaking in. She was told there were no officers to respond. He broke in and she was raped. No response. There were only officers to respond Mon - Fri and only 1, 8 hour shift. We have also had several murders which is unusual. Crime has skyrocketed as criminals know they will not go to jail unless they commit a violent crime. I'm sure child welfare is doing what they can to keep the kids safe but they can't press criminal charges. So, if you all want to see justice you may have to raise hell. I believe the members of this community are being punished by law enforcement for voting down levys to increase their budget. I don't know who to advise you to call but the media can't get information about the children. Maybe the DA? Here is a link about the rape case.

http://rt.com/usa/oregon-rape-josephine-count...

Location hidden

#419 Dec 8, 2013
Local Observer, I am so sad that this is the state of the community. It is appalling that there is not law enforcement available for crimes. Around here, there are not local police available 24/7 but there are state police around the clock. If that is a reason that Kate would not be charged then she chose the right town to move to. One does have to wonder what will make them open their eyes if a violent rape does not. I will raise hell but it does seem like the GP, OR system is very broken.

Location hidden

#420 Dec 8, 2013
Local Observer, I believe that the State's Attorney's office MIGHT be legally obligated to intervene in cases of dereliction of duty on the part of local law enforcement.(My legalese might not be the correct terminology)

There is also the possibility that Multnomah county could investigate since the Parkers have taken Joshua for treatment in Portland.
local observer

Grants Pass, OR

#421 Dec 8, 2013
I just looked up our State's Attorney and I think she would be a great person to contact, after looking at her bio. Here is her page...

http://www.justice.gov/usao/or/meetattorney.h...

Location hidden

#422 Dec 8, 2013
It makes me so sick to think that she may get away with almost killing two kids. It is bad enough that she has robbed them of 3 years of their lives.

The bio of the State's Attorney reads like Kate's shenanigans are right up her alley.
Rumors

Oaxaca, Mexico

#423 Dec 10, 2013
Just googling Kate Parker it is so distressing to see how many people so earnestly raised funds for the girl's adoption expenses and Joshua's "funeral." I swear she is hardly human. What a massive failure in procedure for the Ukraine to give them those girls.

Although I never personally donated (because I found Kate's behavior and attitude suspect), I did "check on" Josh daily and I felt so sorry for the poor little guy because it just didn't seem like she loved him. I can't imagine how someone could look at their child every day and broadcast to the world that he was "going to die." That's the LAST thing a mother should ever have experience and she was playing at it for attention and money. She's a monster. She well and truly could have killed that child. The way opiates work is that they slowly build up in the blood stream and that build up eventually becomes fatal. That's how people typically die on hospice. It's basically euthanasia in slow motion.

I do hope these reports of Josh being able to play like a "normal" boy are true. He deserves some normality. He's going to need a lot of help coming to grips with the fact that he's not as sick as his mother made him believe.

Ugh. I am so disgusted right now. These poor kids. The awful wench.

Location hidden

#424 Dec 10, 2013
Rumors, let's look at it as a blessing in disguise that the girls aren't in the Ukraine any more. One of them is now securely in the arms of a forever family and hopefully Bethany will also become a cherished daughter in a family that is able to love her and provide for her needs.

I follow many blogs written by families who have rescued children from Eastern European orphanages. All disabled children and many healthy children are transferred to hell on earth around their sixth birthdays - an adult mental institution.

Pray for the Parker children and also pray that this situation does not create problems for families who are trying to rescue children from Ukraine and other EE countries.
I wonder

Portland, OR

#425 Dec 10, 2013
I've been following this family too. I believe there is some fishy stuff going on here. Where has all the donation money really gone? Why would she fall off of all the websites where her support system is?
Has anyone gotten any legitimate updates? Does anyone speak with the family directly?
Concerned

Clackamas, OR

#426 Dec 12, 2013
I have read this entire thread. I can tell you in Oregon the county of residence is the county that deals with the child welfare issues.

One person way back said " they were sick in the parents home but are not now that they are in foster care think about it" that's huge statement right there.

Do we know for a fact she got all the pain meds from drs ? Just sayin.... Something else to think about. I mean did lie about basically everything else.

You will not see the kids names on the news or be able to get the records. They are minor children and in state custody, they are very protected.

Joshua not only walks. He eats REAL food and he talks.

It is normal for children to be placed in the county they are taken from even in the same small town. That's just how it is in Oregon. Where they are is small and has few providers.

Anyone who knows first hand information SHOULD contact child welfare also known as DHS In grants pass.

And all of your prayers for those children (all of them) to be safe were answered!

Location hidden

#427 Dec 12, 2013
Concerned, you seem to have first hand knowledge of Joshua, I am happy to read that he is doing well. I second your advice about calling DHS if you have information about the children or choices Kate made. My greatest hope is that Kate is held accountable criminally if she neglected or abused these kids.

Location hidden

#429 Dec 13, 2013
One can hope that the resiliency of children, along with a lot of love & support will help those children go on to have a better life. However, what about the older children? I imagine there's a lot of damage there & now there's another generation on the way. I'm truly grateful Joshua, Bethany & Hannah were taken out of that home, before it did make the news because of a dead child.
It is a good thing the girls are out of Ukraine, but think about it-abusive people like Kate Parker add to the plight of the Ukranian government wanting to halt adoptions. She deceived the social workers, those who contributed to the adoption & openly admitted to committing illegal acts to procure the girls.
just keepin it real

Hayward, CA

#430 Dec 15, 2013
Just remember that Concerned is also just a person with rumors. Who knows what he/she actually knows. Without any concrete evidence we know nothing more than the fact that there was a custody hearing for the minor children and that Kate shut down her caringbridge. Don't put faith in anybody in an internet forum where anybody can say whatever they want.
RoomForMore

Seattle, WA

#431 Dec 15, 2013
"Just Keeping It Real -" totally respect your right to voice your opinion, but I've seen you and a couple others talk about how we have no reason to believe any of this second hand information. Very true. BUT, I had enough heart to read and fall for Kate's story, although I've long since been a skeptic. Kate's version of the story was all second hand too - she was re-telling her CHILDREN's stories and her conversations with the doctors could have been embellished or fabricated. All I know at this point is I'm unable to find an obituary for a Parker child and that I saw the court schedule with custody hearings for most of the Parker children. If someone's on Kate's side at this point, they are choosing to believe Kate's accounts of two critically ill kids whose care was severely mismanaged (again, that's Kate's own account - that the doctors weren't being thorough with Bethany and that Josh was over medicated with narcotics and was being weaned from them). I'm not on Kate's side, I'm on the children's side, and I'm choosing to believe the accounts that the kids are flourishing. It's what I want from them. And at this point the people on this forum have more credibility than Kate, seeing as Kate has most definitely lied (a few off the top of my head: no pediatric hospice in Grants Pass, evading questions about where Hannah was, etc.). And what's so wrong with wanting to believe the children are doing well outside the home vs. believing they are in Kate's care and terminal? Because there isn't another option - Kate was fundraising for two funerals so I don't see how Joshua and Bethany especially could be happy and healthy inside that home.

Location hidden

#432 Dec 15, 2013
Room For More, I am with you on every point. People do seem to have information but I know it is not necessarily all accurate. I experienced Kate first hand. I know she is volatile, attention seeking with her children's illnesses- real or manufactured, and controlling. She was nasty to people who tried to help in any other way except monetary with no questions asked. She tried to get people to help with bringing Faith to the United States by manipulating a story of getting this wrapped up before Joshua died. She posted and retracted a post that said Joshua had died-what kind of sick person creates their child's death post before it happens. She said Charley was not involved or emotionally available on one forum while collecting money for leave on another. We could make a list a mile long with Kate's stories. I believe people here do have accurate information. Maybe not all but some. I can hope that they are all true.
just keepin it real

Hayward, CA

#433 Dec 15, 2013
Room For More, I also agree with you. I was sucked into Kate's story as well. The lies she told have I just want other people to be wary as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timber Products Tue Timber Products 1
concerned Tue Timber Products 1
News Excavators demolish dam to boost salmon migration Aug 30 PJofGrantsPass 1
Los Angeles, CA 90012 hall of justice naked wom... Aug 28 joshua wilkes she... 1
police officer joshua ericwilkes has fired poli... Aug 28 joshua wilkes she... 1
Justin Jessee Aug 13 Soullasoul 1
justin jessee missing (Apr '13) Aug 13 Soullasoul 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages