joshua parker

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#4109 May 15, 2014
duped 2 wrote:
I laughed to myself at his statement...."Martz described Parker as a regular church goer who is always “on time” to her court hearings.".... always on time? Not like she was driving herself in... What a dumb statement, and he is her defense? Charley looks rough. wonder if that is a put on or real...
I was amused by this statement too! I was thinking, is that all he's got?! So, is she represented by a public defender or does she have a private attorney? Also, from what is said about their finances and available funds, it is obvious too that the money that Kate swindled out of kind people to be used for Charley to take time off of work after Josh died is gone. In one of the last CB posts she made she acknowledged that his death was no longer imminent and they would not touch that money for any other reason. She said that it would only be used for the purpose that it was raised for.
Wow

San Francisco, CA

#4110 May 15, 2014
Makes me wonder if there's some way a civil suit could be brought on her for justice to all those who donated. Not that they have any money, but just so she would have to acknowledge that she wronged those people as well.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#4111 May 16, 2014
I don't know how the attorney is arguing she is not a flight risk. For one, she has a passport (we know this because of the adoptions - they are good for 10 years for adults) and she has a daughter in law presumably in the Philippines.

Also, I'm glad to hear her attorney say she does not have a personality disorder or any mental problems. This excludes an insanity or other like defense.
Following this story

Seattle, WA

#4112 May 16, 2014
Momoflessthan789 wrote:
And another new article even better than the last. This is the most comprehensive I've read.
http://www.caringforourchildrenfoundation.org...
I find it interesting that her supporters don't want to comment until the case has been resolved.
Caring Mom

Jenks, OK

#4113 May 16, 2014
AMA wrote:
<quoted text> Me neither, mom.... but I'd bet she lied to him a lot...
She may have lied to him, but Charley is an adult and should have been able to figure out a few things on his own. My daughter has asthma, I think I've already mentioned how I was usually the main caregiver for her medical needs but my husband always knew what was going on - if I didn't tell him, he would have been able to figure out where things stood just by observation. So I don't feel like Charley has much of an excuse.
Caring Mom

Jenks, OK

#4114 May 16, 2014
Momoflessthan789 wrote:
I don't know how the attorney is arguing she is not a flight risk. For one, she has a passport (we know this because of the adoptions - they are good for 10 years for adults) and she has a daughter in law presumably in the Philippines.
Also, I'm glad to hear her attorney say she does not have a personality disorder or any mental problems. This excludes an insanity or other like defense.
I remember reading here earlier that Adam and Faith were in the Phillipines, I would think that Kate would flee with them if she could. Of course she's a flight risk - she was probably still insisting that she did nothing wrong and didn't expect to be charge. She sounds like a sociopath to me, they have no conscience and think that they can lie their way out of any situation.
Nobody

Meridian, ID

#4115 May 16, 2014
I don't think it has ever been established that Adam & Faith are in the Philippines. Someone pro-Kate posted from the Philippines, and people here said it must be Faith, which evolved pretty quickly into A&F are both there. It could have just been one of Faith's relatives. I don't know that A&F have the money to be jetting around the globe. Also, from the article we know Adam is in Oregon at the current time.
Caring Mom

Broken Arrow, OK

#4116 May 16, 2014
Nobody wrote:
I don't think it has ever been established that Adam & Faith are in the Philippines. Someone pro-Kate posted from the Philippines, and people here said it must be Faith, which evolved pretty quickly into A&F are both there. It could have just been one of Faith's relatives. I don't know that A&F have the money to be jetting around the globe. Also, from the article we know Adam is in Oregon at the current time.
I thought I read here that Adam and Faith had gone to the Philippines before she gave birth, but that may have been someone supposition. I really don't remember who posted it. I guess that's why I thought they were there. But apparently Adam was at the most recent hearing, so I guess he's either back or never left.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#4117 May 16, 2014
For as checked out as Kate always said Charley was and how in shambles their marriage was/is, I am surprised to see him there.

Also at the same time I cannot believe him and Adam are sitting there supporting her. They have to be able to see how well the kids are doing now and know something wasn't right.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#4118 May 16, 2014
Caring Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I read here that Adam and Faith had gone to the Philippines before she gave birth, but that may have been someone supposition. I really don't remember who posted it. I guess that's why I thought they were there. But apparently Adam was at the most recent hearing, so I guess he's either back or never left.
I heard this too, but from someone who knows the family. That person indicated they went there because CPS wouldn't allow them to have the baby in the same house as Kate.
I was told that Adam had been summoned back (had to be 6 weeks ago or earlier) to testify or give a deposition or something of that nature.

It's interesting reading all of that info from the doctor's report.
Also curious that her attorney is stating that she is not mentally ill or disturbed. So it seems we can toss out mental illness as a possible defense. That suggests she's going to try to offer up some sort of alternate explanation for all this. It will be interesting to see how they plan to defend this, that's for certain.
Wow

San Francisco, CA

#4119 May 16, 2014
There's no way to know for sure, but I wonder if •Count 35: Recklessly Endangering Another Person — Class A Misdemeanor, $5,000 bail had something to do with Kate pressing the button on the pain pump for Joshua.

Location hidden

#4120 May 16, 2014
duped 2 wrote:
I laughed to myself at his statement...."Martz described Parker as a regular church goer who is always “on time” to her court hearings.".... always on time? Not like she was driving herself in... What a dumb statement, and he is her defense? Charley looks rough. wonder if that is a put on or real...
I also got a chuckle from that.
All of her court appearances have been while she's in custody!
duped 2

Johnstown, NY

#4121 May 16, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting reading all of that info from the doctor's report.
Also curious that her attorney is stating that she is not mentally ill or disturbed. So it seems we can toss out mental illness as a possible defense. That suggests she's going to try to offer up some sort of alternate explanation for all this. It will be interesting to see how they plan to defend this, that's for certain.
where di you read a doctors report? I must have missed it.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#4122 May 16, 2014
duped 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
where di you read a doctors report? I must have missed it.
I was wondering that, too!

Hello, Madi! It's been awhile!

Location hidden

#4123 May 17, 2014
Hi B'Lynn! Indeed, things have been quiet lately.:)

It appears that maybe the doctor's report was read in open court or perhaps KOIN got a copy as their article had cited specifics from it.

http://koin.com/2014/05/14/medical-child-abus...
BeenThere

Kenton, OH

#4124 May 17, 2014
Following this story wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it interesting that her supporters don't want to comment until the case has been resolved.
I am a family member of someone who is progressing through the criminal justice system for something fairly major. It's a really hard place to be or to explain; 2 months ago I would never have thought this would be part of my life and the reality is that it will always be part of my life now.
It is very hard to be in this position and I feel bad for Kate's family. I care about my family member but I am appalled by the crime and will not be supportive. I haven't seen or talked to this person since before it all started. I will not be in court and I really think it is brave of Charley and Adam to do so because the family is always judged. We have this innate belief that everything bad begins at home. The look on Charley's face is the look I've seen on my family members' faces since the day this began for us: horror, confusion, fear, disgust, distrust. What my relative did was horrific. But they are still my close relative. So I do listen to what is going on in their life through others, I continue to care that this person completely ruined their life and more importantly that that their victims also are harmed. At least one of my family members will be sitting in court to be supportive and it's not because they deny what has happened; it's because you just don't have an off switch when it is someone you love. Learning that against my will has been very difficult.
We talk about what happened amongst ourselves but aside from my therapist and a couple of very close friends I never talk about it to anyone else. As you can see I won't even say how I am related or what the crime was. Any comment I make could harm my relative in the long run and it could also become a reason I could be compelled to testify if I seem to have first hand knowledge. I really don't know how much of that comes from the attorney and how much from our being careful but it is very likely that Adam, Charley and Megan have been told to not discuss this publicly. I realize that Adam and Charley should have first hand knowledge. I also know that denial is a deep and dark tunnel and that various family members missed various clues about what was happening with my relative. Nobody had a clue about the worst crime but there were underlying issues that were discussed, decided not to exist and ignored. There is no way to know what Kate was making up or if/when she was impersonating her older children. They may be suffering greatly right now as they've been forced to face that their whole world, whole belief system was a lie.
The other thing is simply, what do you say? Either you say that you knew all along and should be arrested as well (and clearly at this point the police do not feel that is true), you say something that could mess up the case of the person you care about (and no matter what they have done they have a right to a fair trial), or you attack your loved one publicly which could also be detrimental to the case against them (the potential jury reads the front page declaration of "Husband threatened into silence in medical abuse case" or whatever and believes and recalls this later, affecting the outcome of the trial (I made that up completely. It could have happened. I've found in the last few months that when you learn someone you loved may have done something awful that very little is surprising as time passes).
I can't explain this very well. I think it is a case of needing to walk in these terribly ill-fitting shoes for a mile. I certainly never wanted to and I have been greatly changed by the experience. I imagine by the time it is over I will have experienced many great changes. I did nothing wrong but the impact on me is enormous.

Location hidden

#4125 May 17, 2014
Oh BeenThere, i am so , so sorry for this trauma to (what seems like) so many. I hope all can find a way to peace.

I'm not at all surprised that they aren't commenting. That is the wisest thing for them to do. The expression on Charley's face is pitiful. We don't know if that sad concern is for Kate. It could be for fear of losing his own parental rights. Or having to tell the children bad news. We just don't know.
Following this story

Seattle, WA

#4126 May 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your perspective, I do sincerely apologize for being flippant. I hope you can somehow find peace.
BeenThere wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a family member of someone who is progressing through the criminal justice system for something fairly major. It's a really hard place to be or to explain; 2 months ago I would never have thought this would be part of my life and the reality is that it will always be part of my life now.
It is very hard to be in this position and I feel bad for Kate's family. I care about my family member but I am appalled by the crime and will not be supportive. I haven't seen or talked to this person since before it all started. I will not be in court and I really think it is brave of Charley and Adam to do so because the family is always judged. We have this innate belief that everything bad begins at home. The look on Charley's face is the look I've seen on my family members' faces since the day this began for us: horror, confusion, fear, disgust, distrust. What my relative did was horrific. But they are still my close relative. So I do listen to what is going on in their life through others, I continue to care that this person completely ruined their life and more importantly that that their victims also are harmed. At least one of my family members will be sitting in court to be supportive and it's not because they deny what has happened; it's because you just don't have an off switch when it is someone you love. Learning that against my will has been very difficult.
We talk about what happened amongst ourselves but aside from my therapist and a couple of very close friends I never talk about it to anyone else. As you can see I won't even say how I am related or what the crime was. Any comment I make could harm my relative in the long run and it could also become a reason I could be compelled to testify if I seem to have first hand knowledge. I really don't know how much of that comes from the attorney and how much from our being careful but it is very likely that Adam, Charley and Megan have been told to not discuss this publicly. I realize that Adam and Charley should have first hand knowledge. I also know that denial is a deep and dark tunnel and that various family members missed various clues about what was happening with my relative. Nobody had a clue about the worst crime but there were underlying issues that were discussed, decided not to exist and ignored. There is no way to know what Kate was making up or if/when she was impersonating her older children. They may be suffering greatly right now as they've been forced to face that their whole world, whole belief system was a lie.
The other thing is simply, what do you say? Either you say that you knew all along and should be arrested as well (and clearly at this point the police do not feel that is true), you say something that could mess up the case of the person you care about (and no matter what they have done they have a right to a fair trial), or you attack your loved one publicly which could also be detrimental to the case against them (the potential jury reads the front page declaration of "Husband threatened into silence in medical abuse case" or whatever and believes and recalls this later, affecting the outcome of the trial (I made that up completely. It could have happened. I've found in the last few months that when you learn someone you loved may have done something awful that very little is surprising as time passes).
I can't explain this very well. I think it is a case of needing to walk in these terribly ill-fitting shoes for a mile. I certainly never wanted to and I have been greatly changed by the experience. I imagine by the time it is over I will have experienced many great changes. I did nothing wrong but the impact on me is enormous.
BeenThere

Kenton, OH

#4127 May 18, 2014
Following this story wrote:
Thank you for sharing your perspective, I do sincerely apologize for being flippant. I hope you can somehow find peace.
<quoted text>
I wasn't offended at all. I just wanted to explain what I know is not something everyone experiences. And, honestly, the look on Charlye's face has been staying with me. He just looks hurt. It's impossible to speculate why, but I just know I that same look on my face for weeks.

Thanks for the support (and also to the other person who was supportive and whose name I have forgotten :).

Location hidden

#4128 May 18, 2014
Is anyone going to be sitting in court tomorrow?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will JFK's grandson become our first Jewish pre... May 12 yidfellas v USA 1
News Drive-By Shooting Suspects in Custody (Jul '07) May 9 how 9
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188
Jerry and Amy Harrington child abusers (Feb '13) Mar '17 Lookng 5
News Medford businessman Kelly Rasmussen accused of ... (Oct '08) Jan '17 Cjben79 12
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. (Jul '16) Aug '16 Sniper01 3
Review: something different (Aug '16) Aug '16 roncole 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages