Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#4032 Apr 27, 2014
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
God to her to name Hannah, Rebekah. But she later changed her mind because she didn't want her mom to think she was named after her. She told this dramatic story of how "God spoke to her" during a sermon at church and that he told her to name her Rebekah. But, if that story were true, she blatantly disobeyed God.
Yeah, I was actually sifting through some forum posts this morning and she was talking about this.

Here's the problem: It seems it's a lie where she says she didn't want her mom to think she was named after her.

According to her mom's obit, Kate's mom was named Anne C. Proebstel.
I thought maybe she'd actually meant her mom's parents? But they're named Bob and Esther -- no Rebekahs anywhere.

Maybe there's some logical explanation, but from the facts provided, it doesn't make sense.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#4033 Apr 27, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I was actually sifting through some forum posts this morning and she was talking about this.
Here's the problem: It seems it's a lie where she says she didn't want her mom to think she was named after her.
I thought maybe she'd actually meant her mom's parents? But they're named Bob and Esther -- no Rebekahs anywhere.
Maybe there's some logical explanation, but from the facts provided, it doesn't make sense.
Not surprised. She is a pathological liar. It may be only my opinion, but I don't believe God tells us what to name our children. He knows what name we will choose, even before we do, but I don't think he speaks to us in church or anywhere else, to tell us a name. Just my opinion.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#4034 Apr 27, 2014
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprised. She is a pathological liar. It may be only my opinion, but I don't believe God tells us what to name our children. He knows what name we will choose, even before we do, but I don't think he speaks to us in church or anywhere else, to tell us a name. Just my opinion.
Well said on the "God knows what name we'll choose, but doesn't tell us."
I've always believed that everyone --- from kids to pets --- has a name that "fits." A name that's just *right*.
That's why I had to get to know my kids for a couple days before I picked a name. I had a short list of names, and I used a name from the shortlist just once! In the other instances, a totally different name just popped into mind because it "fit."
And pets? I've had pets try on five or six names before we found the right one!

So I actually "get" why someone might change their child's name early on; I might do the same if the name we picked seemed all wrong once I realized there was a better name!

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#4035 Apr 27, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
<snip>
The C could be her maiden name. So she could have been Rebecca Anne C Proebstel. One of my grandmothers never used her first name...ever. It was Willie. She hated it.
Anna M

Norco, CA

#4036 Apr 27, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure it's safe to assume they plead no contest.
I personally haven't seen/read/heard any confirmation of this.(That's not to say there's not something out there; I just haven't seen it.)
Last I'd heard, there was word they had *planned* to plead no contest, but plans change, especially when it comes to court cases. So I'm not sure I'd put any stock in that.
There is no plea in a juvenile dependency court case. There would be no plea of no lo contendre which is only available in criminal court. I don't know if they chose not to challenge the recommendations of DCFS at first but Madeleine I agree with your earlier post. I think it is likely that the request to modify the disposition is likely on the part of the parents, not DCFS.

They may be arguing that there is no allegation of medical abuse re the older kids and no criminal counts regarding them so it is safe to return them.
Cassie-confused

Litchfield, IL

#4037 Apr 27, 2014
The whole name thing just sounds like a bunch of drama. Is it common practice anywhere to just let one parent name the child? Here the baby is just Baby "last name" until both parents sign the birth certificate. Then you have a year to change the name for free.

And talking about fluid retention, when my baby cousin was getting radiation therapy for cancer, he tripled his weight in fluid due to liver complications and you could definitely tell. He had to be put in a coma because he was so swollen moving could cause damage. Joshua looks pretty unswollen to me!

Location hidden

#4039 Apr 28, 2014
Here, they don't fill out the birth cert with out the mom. Unless she might be unconscious for a few days or something. I don't know that for sure, but it tads to reason the father could answer the questions if the mom was unable to. I don't have a specific example though. My husband and I agreed on a name for each of our children before we ever went to the hospital.
Rumors

Mexico, Mexico

#4040 Apr 28, 2014
Unrelated, but I wonder if topix can't help solve another, very similar, caringbridge mystery.

For years I followed the Cripe family, Danielle who supposedly had stage 5 liver cancer miraculously had a baby (whose name I can't recall). Their daughter named Arwen had a very rare condition that cause siezures and developmental delays, a son named Sebastian had childhood diabetes. One day their caringbridge simply disappeared, as did most traces of the family online.

I was really worried that Danielle had passed away, but I could never find an obituary or anything to confirm that. Like Kate, she did quite a bit of fundraising and asking for money. Everything was extremely dramatic. Everyone in the family was quite ill.

Interestingly, MckMama seems to have tweeted, etc. about this family as well.

Here is what I could find online:
http://theytakemybreathaway.blogspot.mx/2009/...
http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/11/thurs...
Rumors

Mexico, Mexico

#4041 Apr 28, 2014
Well, sort of answered my own inquiry here. She *was* arrested for something: http://indiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Danielle_C...

Gosh, you just never know about people, do you?

Kate Parker, Danielle, they're all manufacturing just *horrifying* things hat most of us don't even want to think about. It's incredibly difficult to wrap my head around it all. So sad.
duped 2

Webster, NY

#4042 Apr 28, 2014
Rumors wrote:
Unrelated, but I wonder if topix can't help solve another, very similar, caringbridge mystery.
For years I followed the Cripe family, Danielle who supposedly had stage 5 liver cancer miraculously had a baby (whose name I can't recall). Their daughter named Arwen had a very rare condition that cause siezures and developmental delays, a son named Sebastian had childhood diabetes. One day their caringbridge simply disappeared, as did most traces of the family online.
I was really worried that Danielle had passed away, but I could never find an obituary or anything to confirm that. Like Kate, she did quite a bit of fundraising and asking for money. Everything was extremely dramatic. Everyone in the family was quite ill.
Interestingly, MckMama seems to have tweeted, etc. about this family as well.
Here is what I could find online:
http://theytakemybreathaway.blogspot.mx/2009/...
http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/2009/11/thurs...
Is this her? https://twitter.com/dcripe14 Have you tried to email the blogger?
duped 2

Webster, NY

#4043 Apr 28, 2014
Rumors wrote:
Well, sort of answered my own inquiry here. She *was* arrested for something: http://indiana.arrests.org/Arrests/Danielle_C...
Gosh, you just never know about people, do you?
Kate Parker, Danielle, they're all manufacturing just *horrifying* things hat most of us don't even want to think about. It's incredibly difficult to wrap my head around it all. So sad.
She has an old FB account. there are many relatives there. You could always PM one of them.
Cassie-confused

Litchfield, IL

#4044 Apr 28, 2014
I just don't think its considered an official legal name until both parents sign. Even with my first daughter I wasn't married to her father but couldn't make her name legal until he signed too.
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
Here, they don't fill out the birth cert with out the mom. Unless she might be unconscious for a few days or something. I don't know that for sure, but it tads to reason the father could answer the questions if the mom was unable to. I don't have a specific example though. My husband and I agreed on a name for each of our children before we ever went to the hospital.
SLF

Eugene, OR

#4045 Apr 28, 2014
Cassie-confused wrote:
I just don't think its considered an official legal name until both parents sign. Even with my first daughter I wasn't married to her father but couldn't make her name legal until he signed too.
<quoted text>
I know with all three of my kids' births we both had to sign the birth certificate. The only time a parent wouldn't sign is because of deployment or the father is estranged.
notonthebandwago n

Ashland, OR

#4046 Apr 28, 2014
Regarding the so called truthofkpmomof----blog that you like to refer people to as if it is gospel truth.....Moderating comments and removing ones that don't agree with your prosecution of Kate Parker and exploitation of her children by posting profiles of each minor child as public information? Shady. For a so called truth blog.....I wasn't aware that you are the only ones with "truth".

And why take down the copy of the copyright law that I posted? You left your short version which leaves out some crucial information.

Then you removed Mary's reply on that page about how the photos are overly saturated and she went on to say shame on you for posting the things you post.

Madi and her faithful followers.....oh Lord, Help us all.
notonthebandwago n

Ashland, OR

#4047 Apr 28, 2014
I cannot edit so would like to add:

Thank you Madi for promptly removing the photo I asked you to remove.
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#4048 Apr 29, 2014
notonthebandwagon wrote:
Regarding the so called truthofkpmomof----blog that you like to refer people to as if it is gospel truth.....Moderating comments and removing ones that don't agree with your prosecution of Kate Parker and exploitation of her children by posting profiles of each minor child as public information? Shady. For a so called truth blog.....I wasn't aware that you are the only ones with "truth".
And why take down the copy of the copyright law that I posted? You left your short version which leaves out some crucial information.
Then you removed Mary's reply on that page about how the photos are overly saturated and she went on to say shame on you for posting the things you post.
Madi and her faithful followers.....oh Lord, Help us all.
No one wants those kids to be exploited any further, but hasn't Parker already done that? You do realize that everything on that blog, came right from what Kate Parker posted publicly, as well as public criminal complaints? It's kind of hard to unring the bell.
I agree to feeling uncomfortable with further publication of the kids' names and medical info. Perhaps the owner of that site can use initials only for the kids. But the criminal complaints with their names are there for all to see forever.(Why does OR allow that I wonder?)
As to what is the truth? Well, moderated comments or not, that blog matches up the complaint with the blog posts. That there is the pure, unadulterated truth. It's why Parker's bail is so high and why she was charged with so many counts. It's pretty hard to massage those facts into something they're not.

Location hidden

#4049 Apr 29, 2014
I don't agree with moderated comments. Another reason why I won't be going back to that blog. I know for a fact, the owners of that blog used to complain about MckMama's moderation style (delete, ignore, ban) and it seems as though, they are following suit.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#4050 Apr 29, 2014
I missed the comments that got deleted, but IMO, most blog owners DO moderate their comments.
Anonymous

Webster, NY

#4051 Apr 29, 2014
You may have already seen this but I hadn't. this is a longer article that explains what each count is based on.

http://koin.com/2014/04/04/guilty-plea-medica...
Horn player

Sandy, OR

#4052 Apr 30, 2014
http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/20...

Interesting article on one of the doctors involved in this case....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In-N-Out Burger potentially looking to open in ... Oct 17 Sandy 1
kpmomof789 Kate parker speak up about your no l... (Mar '14) Oct 11 Raymond Karczewski 12
New to 541 looking for some help (Feb '14) Oct 5 Pbj1 3
Review: Active Property Service (Jul '09) Sep 25 shelly 17
Review: Jots-Javier Orozco Tree Service Sep 22 SharonB 1
An American Who Stumbled into the Land of OZ Sep '14 Raymond Karczewski 1
Dan Austin Andress Sep '14 unknown 1
Medford Dating
Find my Match

Medford Jobs

Medford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Medford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Medford