Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#3971 Apr 21, 2014
I met Kate online and we never lived close to each other but we did meet in person 6-8 times over the years. In person, Megan and Adam seem completely normal. Emily *might* have Aspergers but really was delightful, if maybe a little rigid. David *might* have mild Autism or he might not. I cannot judge that as I know a ton of kids diagnosed with mild autism who appear pretty normal to me. Sarah was smart and sweet and normal. I can confirm that David and Sarah did both have joint Chiari surgery and Sarah had a tethered cord release at the same time. Isaac, I only met as a toddler and he seemed normal, but with a bit of a speech delay. Joshua I only met as an infan t. He definitely had Spina Bifida but I cannot speak on anything else. We were supposed to meet a dozen times after Joshua was born but before our friendship ended for good (a period of about 3 years) but Kate always backed out. Now I figure it's because she could not have fooled me had I seen Joshua in person, but at the time it really hurt my feelings.

In person Charley seemed shy and quiet, but personable. Kate was friendly and ...needy? I can't think of the right word, but she definitely needed a lot of validation that I really did like her and we were really friends, etc. She was funny and smart and I did not get a weird vibe in person. I was friends with her during some of the surgery's that she is being charged for and man, I bought the whole thing. If she was faking it and Joshua did not need those surgeries she is GOOD. We discussed some of these daily, with her reporting symptoms she was seeing, etc. It has blown me away. Anyway, Kate was just my friend and as I"ve said before, when our friendship ended I grieved for her as if she had died.

Now? I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad our friendship ended when it did. I was not involved in her adoptions at all and I thank God almost every day for pulling me out of this relationship almost five years before the crap hit the fan.
OldTownFather

Eugene, OR

#3972 Apr 21, 2014
will this thread ever end?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3973 Apr 21, 2014
OldTownFather wrote:
Absolutely.
This thread will end when Kate is convicted and imprisoned for life.
It will end once anyone and everyone else who harmed those children is held accountable -- whether that's Megan, or a physician (or five), or a social worker who approved the Parkers when they shouldn't have. This is all under investigation now.

And it will end once we know that Joshua, Bethany and the other kids are safe, healthy and in the care of people who treat them as they deserve to be treated.

Kate's arrest is just the beginning. We have months -- perhaps years -- before we'll see this case to its conclusion.
But for those of us who grew to care about those children, it's more than worthwhile.

Quite simply, people will walk away from this thread once they feel they have closure, and not a moment sooner.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#3974 Apr 21, 2014
Very well said, Madi!
I'm guessing there are some out there that would prefer to not see this dialog go on, however the fact remains that this discussion was paramount in the investigation. The fact also remains that children suffered because people did not step in sooner and/or enough to stop Kate.
I personally feel guilty for reading the CB pages and thinking somethings did not sound right...and did nothing but keep on reading!!
Even if someone never even heard of this family and reads this thread, there are some hard lessons here and it is absolutely worth going on and on because it could save the next innocent child because people will be more aware. Aware that if your gut is telling you something and red flags are going up, there is a reason!
duped 2

Webster, NY

#3975 Apr 22, 2014
OldTownFather wrote:
It may not end any time soon, but no one said you had to continue to read it. you could always just go away.
OldTownFather

Eugene, OR

#3976 Apr 22, 2014
the most important business to discuss in Medford, I agree. With as many junkies, sex offenders in the town and state, gangsters and all around riff raff, dysfunctional local government and such. Is anyone helping any other children is or is it just this one that everyone knew about, yet nobody seemed to do much till the state got involved? She's in jail and they took her kids, I'd as soon see her hung up, but that's not gonna happen here. Thank God the Portland jail isn't full, eh? Otherwise, she would have just been released from Jackson County. This is a reflection of the single mindedness and spotlight people in this area live with. How many other children are on Caring Bridge? Just a thought to ponder!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3977 Apr 22, 2014
OldTownFather wrote:
the most important business to discuss in Medford, I agree. With as many junkies, sex offenders in the town and state, gangsters and all around riff raff, dysfunctional local government and such. Is anyone helping any other children is or is it just this one that everyone knew about, yet nobody seemed to do much till the state got involved? She's in jail and they took her kids, I'd as soon see her hung up, but that's not gonna happen here. Thank God the Portland jail isn't full, eh? Otherwise, she would have just been released from Jackson County. This is a reflection of the single mindedness and spotlight people in this area live with. How many other children are on Caring Bridge? Just a thought to ponder!
Where the heck do you think many junkies, sex offenders etc come from? Abusive, dysfunctional, absent, selfish family situations! A great deal of attention has been focused on the three youngest, most endangered members of the Parker family but the other children will also have to deal with the consequences of their upbringing. Rescuing is not only about their present safety, it's about trying to break the cycle before they repeat it.
Robin who was scammed

Cedar Rapids, IA

#3978 Apr 22, 2014
Turtleshelley I know the pain you felt losing what you thought was a friend. This happened to me but we lived in the same town for at least 10 years adopted at the sometime. I took her adopted baby with me every where the girls are only a month apart in age. My son and her daughter dated and right after that it was one day she stopped calling emailing. I mean we talked everyday shopped but it was over just like thatů..She never told me why it just ended! Our 7 year old daughters now 10 have not seen each other but maybe a handful of time in passing. It breaks my heart that our girls couldn't see each other. I have emailed and said what ever happened I am sorry but no she has never spoken directly to me. It is soooo weird, hurtful and mind boggling. The only thing that I can say is I I was told she has been seeing another man. But she is still living in the same house with her husband. So I have no idea if that is true or not. I feel I was lied to and was used. In so many ways and it makes me wonder what the hell was and is going on in her real world how did I not see it coming.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#3979 Apr 22, 2014
Robin who was scammed wrote:
Turtleshelley I know the pain you felt losing what you thought was a friend. This happened to me but we lived in the same town for at least 10 years adopted at the sometime. I took her adopted baby with me every where the girls are only a month apart in age. My son and her daughter dated and right after that it was one day she stopped calling emailing. I mean we talked everyday shopped but it was over just like thatů..She never told me why it just ended! Our 7 year old daughters now 10 have not seen each other but maybe a handful of time in passing. It breaks my heart that our girls couldn't see each other. I have emailed and said what ever happened I am sorry but no she has never spoken directly to me. It is soooo weird, hurtful and mind boggling. The only thing that I can say is I I was told she has been seeing another man. But she is still living in the same house with her husband. So I have no idea if that is true or not. I feel I was lied to and was used. In so many ways and it makes me wonder what the hell was and is going on in her real world how did I not see it coming.
Robin, can you explain a few things please? What adopted daughter? As far as I know she's only adopted the 2 girls from Ukraine. As far as the other rumor, where did that come from?
ShowMeTheMoney

Columbus, NJ

#3980 Apr 22, 2014
Robin, Kate doesn't have a 10 yr old daughter & the only 2 adopted (that is known) are the 2 girls from Ukraine
????
SLF

Eugene, OR

#3981 Apr 22, 2014
I am a little confused here. What adopted daughter are you talking about? She adopted two from Ukraine. She didn't ever mention letting her adopted girls going with anybody. And, with another man? Really? I don't think so on that one. And she doesn't have a 10-year old daughter as far I know. Can you explain these things please?
Reader

Columbia, SC

#3982 Apr 22, 2014
SLF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a little confused here. What adopted daughter are you talking about? She adopted two from Ukraine. She didn't ever mention letting her adopted girls going with anybody. And, with another man? Really? I don't think so on that one. And she doesn't have a 10-year old daughter as far I know. Can you explain these things please?
I interpreted that comment as the commenter telling her own story of a friendship she had and how it was similar to being friends w Kate. I don't think she was talking about Kate specifically.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#3983 Apr 22, 2014
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I interpreted that comment as the commenter telling her own story of a friendship she had and how it was similar to being friends w Kate. I don't think she was talking about Kate specifically.
That's what I thought, too. She's not talking about Kate.
ShowMeTheMoney

Columbus, NJ

#3984 Apr 22, 2014
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhh! My Apologies Robin
ShowMeTheMoney

Columbus, NJ

#3985 Apr 22, 2014
OldTownFather wrote:
Looks like a past poster a lot of us are familiar with has made a reappearance
SLF

Eugene, OR

#3986 Apr 22, 2014
SLF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry Robin! I didn't get that it wasn't about Kate! My apologies!
Caring Mom

Broken Arrow, OK

#3987 Apr 23, 2014
ShowMeTheMoney wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like a past poster a lot of us are familiar with has made a reappearance
I think a lot of us noticed that. I certainly did! We probably shouldn't be surprised.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#3988 Apr 23, 2014
Caring Mom and Showme TheMoney, not necessarily. I recall seeing, months ago, a thread from Grants Pass complaining about a lack of adequate policing in the area. A couple of the sentences in OldTownFather's post alluded to selective justice in the area. I suspect this poster is another such disgruntled local citizen sharing his/her opinion on the blaring spotlight we're shining on one transgressor when, in their opinion, that shiny light could be doing much more to help their community. Or they're just sharing their general curmudgeon perspective on life. Negative opinions don't prove membership in the Parker camp.
Robin who was scammed

Cedar Rapids, IA

#3989 Apr 23, 2014
Sorry I was off topic... I was stating how I felt to lose a friend I thought I had.:)
Love the Lemons LOL

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3990 Apr 23, 2014
Sorry I was off topic... I was stating how I felt to lose a friend I thought I had.:)
Love the Lemons LOL
I thought it was very relevant, seeing as many here have talked about how they're hurting because they lost a friend in Kate.
It's comforting to know you're not alone in a painful experience.*shrug*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An American Who Stumbled into the Land of OZ 14 hr Raymond Karczewski 1
Dan Austin Andress 20 hr unknown 1
UFO spotted over Medford - anyone else see it? Sep 15 kristenshearer 2
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Sep 2 Shawn D 176
locating steve vorberg (Apr '08) Aug 30 Robyn Vorberg 5
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 23 We Hate Coos Bay ... 204
Did anyone know Quinn Berry? (Feb '10) Aug 20 Little Red Riding... 6
•••
•••
Medford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Medford Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Medford People Search