Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3934 Apr 18, 2014
Elise wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! And I agree that it seems like Hannah and Bethany, especially, should have gotten a lot more therapy than Kate ever indicated that they had. Poor little girls.
One other odd thing I noticed: She says in Joshua's CaringBridge that he weighed about 70 pounds. That's *really* chunky for seven. It caught my eye because my daughter, who will be seven in a month, is 20 pounds lighter -- and she's a solid little thing. Height/weight charts confirm 70 pounds at age seven is well above average.
Kate mentioned that men in her family were tall, so on its own Joshua being a big kid would make sense. But it doesn't square with her reports of him being terminally ill, g-tube dependent, and barely eating or drinking anything. Wonder if that was another thing that raised alarms with her doctors.
That's a good catch, Elise. I hadn't noticed that bit on the weight, but you're right. That is really heavy for a child of that age.
He was likely at the taller end of the spectrum due to genetics. And looking at photos, he looked about average weight to me, so you're right that something doesn't match up there. Esp. where he was supposedly on TPN, then "bites and sips" --- I would have expected significant weight loss, but we never saw that.
In fact, looking at the photo from the wedding --- http://i61.tinypic.com/2ngbmz9.jpg --- he looks as though he has a bit of chub on his cheeks/neck/chin.(At that time, he'd been on TPN for a few weeks and TPN is usually just enough to maintain your weight.)
So maybe he *was* that heavy and it was a slip up on her part to mention it.
You're right that a normal weight (or slightly above normal weight) would be quite odd for a dying child living on bites and sips and who was said to be at risk of dying due to starvation. I doubt it could be water weight; not likely as she said Josh made her scale back on the feeds so he was getting less fluid per day.
I too wonder if his seemingly normal weight was a tip off to physicians.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#3935 Apr 18, 2014
Very interesting! My son is one month younger than Joshua. He is healthy & active. He weighs 60 pounds & is also tall. So how long ago was this that J was supposedly weighing 70??

Location hidden

#3936 Apr 19, 2014
B-Lynn wrote:
Very interesting! My son is one month younger than Joshua. He is healthy & active. He weighs 60 pounds & is also tall. So how long ago was this that J was supposedly weighing 70??
I just looked it up in CB and it was mentioned in June 2013:

"I wrapped my arms around the chains and held onto Joshua and then Emily pushed us very gently so that Joshua could swing. Let me tell ya, it is a challenge to balance 70 pounds of child & a fentanyl bag on your lap while swinging!"

I *believe* that would be when that swinging video was taken, along with this photo:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2af0m1e.png

The video:
http://thetruthaboutkpmomof789.wordpress.com/...

He does look like a big kid. For reference, Kate is 5'10".
I honestly couldn't tell you whether the kid in that photo is 70 lbs as I'm terrible at estimating weight.
But I will say that he doesn't look sick in terms of his weight. He looks to be normal or even at the upper end of normal, which I imagine would be a bit unusual for someone who was said to be eating only "bites and sips" for a few months.

Location hidden

#3937 Apr 19, 2014
She gives a more exact weight on May 13, 2013. She wrote:

"Interestingly, Joshua's weight is up 2 pounds this week (he's 72.6 lbs). We weigh him every Friday and he's been losing, on average, 1 pound per week. He hasn't suddenly begun eating and drinking a typical amount, but we have noticed that he felt heavier over the past few days and he's also looking puffy in his face & belly, so perhaps he is retaining fluid and that is why we saw the weight gain. I don't know if this is a typical "end of life" thing or not, but I guess it doesn't really matter. It's just something I'm making note of."
You Must Be Joking

Conroe, TX

#3938 Apr 19, 2014
Cassie-confused wrote:
(Snipped by me)
You must be joking, that is what bothered me most about Kate. She couldn't just say my kid or anything ALWAYS had to say what was wrong with that kid, or go through the list of them all! Can you imagine if we all talked that way on a regular basis? You would never be able to get through a conversation!
Hahaha! I know, could you imagine? "Fluffy, my dog who eats his vomit, recently neutered and misses his balls, is a shelter rescue!"
You Must Be Joking

Conroe, TX

#3939 Apr 19, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
"I wrapped my arms around the chains and held onto Joshua and then Emily pushed us very gently so that Joshua could swing. Let me tell ya, it is a challenge to balance 70 pounds of child & a fentanyl bag on your lap while swinging!"
I *believe* that would be when that swinging video was taken, along with this photo:
The video:
I honestly couldn't tell you whether the kid in that photo is 70 lbs as I'm terrible at estimating weight.
But I will say that he doesn't look sick in terms of his weight. He looks to be normal or even at the upper end of normal, which I imagine would be a bit unusual for someone who was said to be eating only "bites and sips" for a few months.
I found that to be unbelievable myself. No way was that child only eating a few bites and sips a day for a few months.

This is not in reference to your post, Madi, but I wouldn't even want to say OUT LOUD to anyone that my child had cancer because I would be afraid of karma. You know, that maybe my child actually WOULD get cancer if I said something like that out loud.

Location hidden

#3940 Apr 19, 2014
You Must Be Joking wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! I know, could you imagine? "Fluffy, my dog who eats his vomit, recently neutered and misses his balls, is a shelter rescue!"
Yes!
Your example with Fluffy gave me a good laugh as I do rescue, so we usually end up keeping the most behaviorally challenged, chronically ill or elderly pets -- the ones who are "unadoptable."
So I can only imagine starting every conversation with a rundown of their ailments; it would be Kate-esque indeed!(I'll spare you the rundown, but suffice it to say that you came into my house and saw my crew without knowing we did rescue, you'd probably be like "WTH is with all the gimpy, disabled animals? What kind of place IS this?!" LOL)

I wonder if she did that in real life conversations. I wonder if she was one of those who always had a tale of woe that always must one-up yours.
If you have a sunburn, they have a third-degree scorching.
If you were in a fender bender, they barely survived getting obliterated by a semi.
If you have a sprained ankle, they had an amputated and reattached leg.....and so on.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#3941 Apr 19, 2014
Grrrrr, looking at that video again and seeing Bethany totally ignored just gets me mad all over again! Re-reading the accompanying post, with Kate only mentioning Bethany being on her back in an Ergo, then mentioning her at the end of the post, "…then reloaded Bethany onto my back…", there was NO effort whatsoever to give HER a fun time on their outing! She was an after-thought! Why didn't I notice this when she first posted it??? I know all this has been discussed previously but I'm just disgusted all over again and want to smack that woman so hard!
Josh was DEFINITELY healthy in that video. He's not skinny and starving, and his color is NOT GRAY, as she kept saying in other posts.

P.S. I just typed out a "one-upped" account of my cat Tigger, but it wasn't nearly as funny as YMBJ's Fluffy story, so I deleted it. That just cracked me up!!!
Tripletmom

United States

#3942 Apr 19, 2014
I've been reading since the beginning, but this is my first post. After reading back through Bethany's CB, I am appalled at how many times she tried to "give" Bethany leukemia. It's as is if she were trying to wish it on her. I became suspicious of Kate towards the end, but in rereading her posts, I can't believe I bought her story for so long.

Location hidden

#3943 Apr 19, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
The video:
But he was also tube fed. Here's the thing, a kid who is tube fed should not be able to starve to death. But, if they're getting all their calories via tube they're also not going to be hungry/thirsty so they're only going to take "bites and sips" by mouth. But in Kate's world, its because he's dying.
Floored

United States

#3944 Apr 19, 2014
You Must Be Joking wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL! Exactly!

I mean, sheesh, look at this post by her :
http://www.ebaby-center.com/baby/birth-1479.h...

And, on a side note, I didn't realize how many twins/triplets she was pregnant with *eyeroll*

Location hidden

#3945 Apr 19, 2014
donttouchmytruck wrote:
<quoted text>
But he was also tube fed. Here's the thing, a kid who is tube fed should not be able to starve to death. But, if they're getting all their calories via tube they're also not going to be hungry/thirsty so they're only going to take "bites and sips" by mouth. But in Kate's world, its because he's dying.
I know you're totally right on that. You can theoretically live without anything by mouth ever again if you had a feeding tube.
I can only speak for dogs, but we had fostered a rescued "bait dog" whose neck was torn out and her face and jaw was mauled. As she was healing and undergoing reconstruction, she couldn't have anything by mouth or down her esophagus, so she had a feeding tube port in her abdomen. She got all her food that way, plus extra fluids sub-Q. She lived like that for 6 months and actually gained weight. I don't see why it couldn't work the same way for a human.

The thing is I seem to recall something about Kate saying that Joshua couldn't be tube fed for some reason? Or maybe couldn't be tube fed *enough*?
Remember that Kate reported they switched to TPN around April 2013 because tube feeding wasn't working for whatever reason. The implication was that once they stopped the TPN post-wedding, they'd only have "bites and sips" and he'd ultimately die of dehydration/malnutrition.

I don't remember the exact story. Not sure if I'm in the mood to re-read. I can't stand reading those journal entries now, knowing it's all one big attempt at manipulation. Always been a non-fiction type of reader; fiction isn't my style.

Location hidden

#3946 Apr 19, 2014
Tripletmom wrote:
I've been reading since the beginning, but this is my first post. After reading back through Bethany's CB, I am appalled at how many times she tried to "give" Bethany leukemia. It's as is if she were trying to wish it on her. I became suspicious of Kate towards the end, but in rereading her posts, I can't believe I bought her story for so long.
Hi TripletMom! Great to hear from you.:-)
Totally agreed! I was reading a few of Bethany's posts the other day and I noticed this too.
I also noticed how she was always trying to reiterate how miserable Bethany was, and always always made excuses that would explain her happy appearance to others.
It was just over and over and over and I like you, I don't get how I bought it for so long!

"...please DO enjoy the smiley, happy little girl in that video....but do not think that is the child we live with every day and please do not judge the things I say based on that video. Remember the video clips from the complexbethany.blogspot.com blog and know that *those* videos more- accurately depict what Bethany's life is like."
....and on and on ad nausem, esp. in the Dec 19, 2012 post. Just so disturbing how she wishes death upon Bethany.
duped 2

Webster, NY

#3947 Apr 19, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi TripletMom! Great to hear from you.:-)
Totally agreed! I was reading a few of Bethany's posts the other day and I noticed this too.
I also noticed how she was always trying to reiterate how miserable Bethany was, and always always made excuses that would explain her happy appearance to others.
It was just over and over and over and I like you, I don't get how I bought it for so long!
"...please DO enjoy the smiley, happy little girl in that video....but do not think that is the child we live with every day and please do not judge the things I say based on that video. Remember the video clips from the complexbethany.blogspot.com blog and know that *those* videos more- accurately depict what Bethany's life is like."
....and on and on ad nausem, esp. in the Dec 19, 2012 post. Just so disturbing how she wishes death upon Bethany.
I wasn't able to access that video.
AMA

Bothell, WA

#3948 Apr 19, 2014
Floored wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Exactly!
And, on a side note, I didn't realize how many twins/triplets she was pregnant with *eyeroll*
Oh brother!!! What midwife in her right mind would want to take on a woman who according to herself didn't do any of her pregnancies "right'? which must have tickled her to death. She had drama drama drama with each childbirth but one? this was her way to try to get attention right from the git go. She had pre pre eclampsia with all but one,( I might have all this mixed up), she was transfused how many times, 5? 2 D&C's, hemorrhaging, she started out with multiples and ended only one pregnancy with 2 actual babies, nearly all were a little early and I forgot what all she was blabbering about. It seemed like she really just wanted to talk about herself and I doubt she even had all those problems. If she did, delivering at almost deaths door, preferably the babies, a midwife who had MbP would be the only one to touch a case like that. lol...every pregnancy was a problem..for her...never the baby and she still insists she was going for a vaginal?????

Because she is so insistent in all realms of he life and her kids lives, I wonder if she is sitting there thing why the hell did I insist this was wrong with Josh, that with Bethany , for each and every kid. Her insistence has landed her butt in jail on some serious charges because she worked so hard finding Dr's that she could fool and eventually, they couldn't come up with answers so they took her word for it....

I know this is crazy mixed up...I know what I want to say but the words aren't coming out right...Maybe I'll try again later.... the bottom line is being pregnant was ALL ABOUT HER~!!!!!and all about the serious problems she had each time, close to death and nothing about the babies....Sorry...this isn't coming not right.:( Until I can figure out the right way to say it, let's just say she is full of BS and probably none of this happened to her tho she probably wished it would!!!

Location hidden

#3949 Apr 19, 2014
I seem to recall that the claim was that his gut wasn't absorbing nutrients effectively anymore. Thus, TPN was needed to make it to the wedding. This is one of my head scratchers. How much of that was true? Was there ever a TPN? Was his gut ever actually becoming less effective at absorbing nutrients? If she made those things up, how was she going to resolve that story line? I don't believe she would have purposely killed him. If she was lying (& not delusionally convinced of things that weren't real), I think it'd have ended in a 'miracle healing'.

Location hidden

#3950 Apr 19, 2014
I was reading through Joshua's CB trying to figure out the TPN thing in terms of why he needed it and couldn't eat via gtube and I noticed an interesting thing about the weight.

On March 27, 2013, she writes that Joshua weighs 47 lbs (much more believable, IMO.)

Less than 2 months later, on May 13, 2013, he's 72.6 lbs.

That is a 25 lb gain in approximately 6 weeks!!

That's represents a 50% weight gain without any significant difference in appearance and while supposedly dying. This time is when he was on TPN and supposedly eating/drinking minimally and per Kate, at the highest risk that he's ever been of dying.
He should have been *losing* weight.

Something's not right with this equation.
I don't think I could gain 25 lbs in 6 weeks if a *tried.* That's a LOT of weight.
But if those numbers *are* correct that that's almost certainly one of the red flags that alerted doctors.(Which would make sense if he was getting TPN on top of being able to eat close to normally).
You Must Be Joking

Conroe, TX

#3951 Apr 19, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
Your example with Fluffy gave me a good laugh as I do rescue, so we usually end up keeping the most behaviorally challenged, chronically ill or elderly pets -- the ones who are "unadoptable."
So I can only imagine starting every conversation with a rundown of their ailments; it would be Kate-esque indeed!(I'll spare you the rundown, but suffice it to say that you came into my house and saw my crew without knowing we did rescue, you'd probably be like "WTH is with all the gimpy, disabled animals? What kind of place IS this?!" LOL)
I wonder if she did that in real life conversations. I wonder if she was one of those who always had a tale of woe that always must one-up yours.
If you have a sunburn, they have a third-degree scorching.
If you were in a fender bender, they barely survived getting obliterated by a semi.
If you have a sprained ankle, they had an amputated and reattached leg.....and so on.
(O/T sorry) That's fantastic, I heart you! I work at an animal shelter and am involved with a lot of rescues, so I had to throw in a shameless plug for a shelter dog. No vomit eating, that was just a joke, wink! Best dogs and cats ever, NO joke!

Absolutely! Casey Anthony was found not guilty, but HER son trumps that with cancer, bazinga!

She didn't seem to like any other woman that was getting attention or donations. There was another thread on WS she posted in in which the mom of a murdered child started a donation page and she was very upset. To be fair, she wasn't the only poster to feel that way, but she jumped on the bandwagon with a vicious vengeance. She never seemed to have any empathy for other females.

"My heart hurts for Aliahna, but I think her family profiting in any way from her death is disgusting. No way would I contribute a penny to paying for expenses for them."

I hope it's okay to post this? I should have probably asked before I posted it, but if it's not please let me know and I'll have it marked for deletion.
AMA

Bothell, WA

#3952 Apr 19, 2014
Madeliene wrote:
I was reading through Joshua's CB trying to figure out the TPN thing in terms of why he needed it and couldn't eat via gtube and I noticed an interesting thing about the weight.
On March 27, 2013, she writes that Joshua weighs 47 lbs (much more believable, IMO.)
Less than 2 months later, on May 13, 2013, he's 72.6 lbs.
That is a 25 lb gain in approximately 6 weeks!!
That's represents a 50% weight gain without any significant difference in appearance and while supposedly dying. This time is when he was on TPN and supposedly eating/drinking minimally and per Kate, at the highest risk that he's ever been of dying.
He should have been *losing* weight.
Something's not right with this equation.
I don't think I could gain 25 lbs in 6 weeks if a *tried.* That's a LOT of weight.
But if those numbers *are* correct that that's almost certainly one of the red flags that alerted doctors.(Which would make sense if he was getting TPN on top of being able to eat close to normally).
She would probabaly say "water weight gain from a new heart or BP problem or med.

You have no reason to believe me, you don't know me but I swear on a stack of Bibles......I broke several ribs on a Tues nite, didn't go to the DR. and had a hard time working,. By Friday nie, I barely could get in air in at all..Talk about 'sips', I was 'sipping air'. Went to ER and they gave me pain meds before they even tried to touch me the pain was so bad. they left my clothes on and took a stand up (I think) Xray. Turned out I had what they called 'wet lung' and my lower left lobe was drenched in fluid. They immed started me on a strong diuretic and pain meds along with cough syrup to loosen everything since I couldn't cough without whimpering like an old dog hit by a car on the side of the road....

Now... over less than 24 hrs, but close I lost 12# of fluid!!!! I couldn't believe it.and wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't standing right their on the Dr scale. The next 24 hrs I dropped another 10 or so#. My feet and legs and hands were swollen and I was retaining fluid but I didn't realize it was that bad til that last nite when I knew I'd gone tooo far... I do have the weight gain before and after on the Dr ppprwk, but please don't make me dig thru boxes to find old paperwork...lol... Edema is a nasty thing to get esp when it goes up your legs to your groin and up your hands to your elbow. That happened many times with my dad and son. Neither could even wear shoes. We had to find huge sliders to take them to the doctor. SO...I figure Kate would come up with another story kinda like I told,'cept I told the truth...

You Must Be Joking

Conroe, TX

#3953 Apr 19, 2014
Floored wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Exactly!
Holy mother of....

I know she had a habit of switching personalities and ailments on different websites, did she talk about all those traumatic pregnancy experiences in any of her other blogs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Man Fell From Grace into the Abyss of HELL, Nov 21 Raymond Karczewski 1
"If I were Sheriff of JOSEPHINE COUNTY OREGON" Nov 20 Raymond Karczewski 2
The Impotence of Oregon Judges who Confuse Publ... Nov 18 Raymond Karczewski 1
WAKE UP JOSEPHINE COUNTY Taxpayers to your Corr... Nov 17 Raymond Karczewski 1
21 day detox Nov 8 Wantmylifeback 1
Medford Dispensary Oct 30 Odd 2
what is there to do in medford as a young perso... Oct 26 boring much 1
Medford Dating
Find my Match

Medford People Search