joshua parker

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#373 Nov 25, 2013
Megan and Adam were her adult children. Adam is married (to a Filipino, he met On the internet. Imagine that) with a baby on the way. Then there is Emily (I'm not sure on the ages.) Then David, Sarah, Isaac, and Joshua. Bethany and Hannah were adopted. Hannah was rehomed (lucky girl.)
ShockedandDisgus ted

Sellersville, PA

#374 Nov 25, 2013
I wonder if her other kids really have all those issues she proclaimed them to have. As much as I bought into her whole song and dance about Joshua and Bethany, I questioned the accuracy of all of those children having the same issues. Yes, there is a genetic component to spina bifida and autism, but something smelled really fishy there.

I really hope someone is able to dig up the results of the court visit and where Kate is. Like all of us, I really want some sort of follow up to this fiasco.
PJDEMP

Gilmer, TX

#375 Nov 26, 2013
I have followed Joshua's story for years and even donated for the time off for his dad to be with him. I continue to check the CB page in hopes Kate will just post an update for those of us who care. I can only imagine the cruel and judgmental comment she received as she shared her struggles and challenges as Joshua declined and became less himself. I continue to try to find word about him. Please share any news anyone can find.

Location hidden

#376 Nov 26, 2013
Kate's kids ages are roughly...

Megan 22
Adam 21
Daughter-in-law Faith right around Adam's age. I know he proposed to her on her birthday in the Philippines.
She is currently expecting a baby in the spring.
Emily 14
David 12
Sarah 12
Isaac 9
Joshua 7
Bethany 6
Hannah who was re-homed 4

I have always had questions about Adam's whole proposal and bringing home of Faith. He went to the Philippines to propose to her and get photographic proof that they "knew" each other. I felt that was falsified as that was there first personal meeting. Who knows what else was falsified to bring her here. I did some looking around and I know you have to prove you can care for the person you are bringing into the U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if that was all falsified also. Probably use Charley as the workhorse to say he would provide for them all. I am pretty sure they were/are living with Kate still. Adam spent a month (I think) bringing Faith here. If he had a job I can't see him still having it. The biggest red flag to the "you have to be able to support your dependent" is they asked for money to help get her here.
Nobody

Boise, ID

#377 Nov 26, 2013
About 2 or 3 years ago Kate posted on one of her Tons of Kids boards looking for suggestions of career fields that Adam might be able to do because she didn't think he was capable of getting a job/being independent as an adult, at least not a good job that would make enough to support a family. So it was extremely surprising/worrying to me that she supported the idea of him marrying young, basically a mail order bride, living with them, and immediately popping out a baby. WTH was she thinking?

Location hidden

#378 Nov 26, 2013
OMG that is crazy! I haven't seen that post yet but I agree. He has been "courting" her for about that same amount of time. They met on a Christian FB page. Last I had I seen he was pursuing being a Pastor.
Nobody wrote:
About 2 or 3 years ago Kate posted on one of her Tons of Kids boards looking for suggestions of career fields that Adam might be able to do because she didn't think he was capable of getting a job/being independent as an adult, at least not a good job that would make enough to support a family. So it was extremely surprising/worrying to me that she supported the idea of him marrying young, basically a mail order bride, living with them, and immediately popping out a baby. WTH was she thinking?

Location hidden

#379 Nov 26, 2013
On a social media site in his name, he claims to work in sales at a furniture store. That was updated as of May 2013.

Nobody, I agree with you 100%. The baby thing really made me shake my head. Move out of your childhood bedroom first.
Justwondering

Houston, TX

#380 Nov 26, 2013
So, whatever happened to Joshua? Why is the CB page no longer available?

Location hidden

#381 Nov 26, 2013
It seems as though he has been taken away from Kate. You can read back in this thread for more information. I would venture to guess, she shut down his CB page in an effort to "protect" herself.
Ama

Bothell, WA

#382 Nov 27, 2013
What is going on with Kate? I lost contact when she closed down her Caringbridge for Bethany and Joshua, and it seems she did so in anger..People probably were giving her a hard time and I thought she was just at the end of her rope, constantly caring for 2 sick childen. I wondered how long she could keep going. Every so often I check CaringBridge just in case but nothing...big fat 0...I imyself go between anger and hope.

I am angry that she just dropped out of sight with so many people loving Joshua and never another word about him, leaving us to speculate on his life/death.

OTOH I felt she did have a need for privacy if things were as she said. More and more days are passing that I am mad, and I have no right to be. I know that. But she just dropped us, as if nothing had ever happened.

right now, and for years I have been following another blog mother who is definitely getting ready for the ride of her life, with all the proven lies and crap. I hate that I feel so invested in these people and then find out that nothing about the stories were true.

Can anyone enlighten me as I just found this today and my head is spinning...I'm thrilled if Joshua and Bethany are alive and well...Anyone wanna talk about what is going on?

Location hidden

#383 Nov 27, 2013
Ama wrote:
What is going on with Kate? I lost contact when she closed down her Caringbridge for Bethany and Joshua, and it seems she did so in anger..People probably were giving her a hard time and I thought she was just at the end of her rope, constantly caring for 2 sick childen. I wondered how long she could keep going. Every so often I check CaringBridge just in case but nothing...big fat 0...I imyself go between anger and hope.
I am angry that she just dropped out of sight with so many people loving Joshua and never another word about him, leaving us to speculate on his life/death.
OTOH I felt she did have a need for privacy if things were as she said. More and more days are passing that I am mad, and I have no right to be. I know that. But she just dropped us, as if nothing had ever happened.
right now, and for years I have been following another blog mother who is definitely getting ready for the ride of her life, with all the proven lies and crap. I hate that I feel so invested in these people and then find out that nothing about the stories were true.
Can anyone enlighten me as I just found this today and my head is spinning...I'm thrilled if Joshua and Bethany are alive and well...Anyone wanna talk about what is going on?
The best thing to do is to read back through the thread
Ama

Bothell, WA

#384 Nov 27, 2013
allison04 wrote:
If you read thru the older(2011-2012) posts from Kate on the tons of kids site, you can see how obsessed she is with all of her "sick" kids. She is nuts! Sounds like Josh and Bethany got out of a very bad situation before she could do any more damage.
******I just realized this is not info from 2013. the year date didn't show up, only month and date....I'm writing from Nov 27. 2013 Wed. I hope when I get to page 19 again, it will finish the story or at least have moved to 2013. If anyone knows a different site where the data is more current could you list it for me....?

I'm no where near reading that all has happened. I just have to say that All the narcotics she was getting from Drs. and hospitals....Was she literally turning her little boy into to a raging addictive child? Is that why he kicked and hit her and as getting really mean? Was some meds he was used to getting being withheld at the hospital unknowingly and throwing him into terible withdrawals???? I was amazed every single day at the amount of narcotics that little boy was on. Was the hospital onto her and withheld to see what would happen??? If she really gave him all that, and maybe Bethany too, then she did have her hands full on her on accord. She turned her little ones into drug addicts? Or did she take their drugs for herself????? How could her many Drs fall for all the narcotics and even see him on Sunday and so forth, seeming like they were convinced he dying also.... was she that believable that they just handed out the narcotics like candy to a little boy... Oh, I am so angry. If J and B are doing so well now, she must have had a big hand in causing their problems. If J still in a wheelchair? Can he talk now? What does he say about mommy...was he scared when they took him away or had he figured some of it out for himself? Bethany...Is the reason she shut down the whole family because she was mistreated by them? So many questions and no answers...How could she just adopt Hannah and then give her away? My first reading, Hannah was stilll with him then poof, gone and in her posts she made it cler she wouldn't discuss Hannah period :( Where are the answers??????????

Location hidden

#385 Nov 27, 2013
AMA, this thread is current. Started in 2013.
Ama

Bothell, WA

#386 Nov 27, 2013
Jenny wrote:
I am thrilled to know these kids are out of her care and I hope this is true. I also hope that they are in much better health.
Another thing I thought was especially sick was how Kate constantly asked Joshua if he was ready to go to heaven yet? Or if today was the day he was going to meet Jesus? What kind of sick parent scares the hell out of her child all of the time asking him if today is the day he is going to DIE?????? I wanted to comment on the CB site so badly but I knew it wouldn't do any good.
She is mentally off in so many ways just from reading the CB sites of the children. She said horrible things about how THEY WOULD NOT BE DISRUPTING BETHANY SO QUIT MENTIONING IT on the site but they disrupted the other little girl? I know someone who knows her pretty well and she said horrible things about poor Bethany. This woman needs help.
sorry...I meant to say I agree but hit the mean button instead... Please forgive me...
Ama

Bothell, WA

#387 Nov 27, 2013
Show Me The Money69 wrote:
Those poor children. I dearly hope that they were able to keep Josh as physically comfortable as possible while detoxing him off of the unimaginable amounts of narcotics he had going into his little body. I used to SMH when I'd read the dosages of narcotics being given to him. Despite her medical terminology rambling, a lot just didn't jive, especially when it came to her descriptions & constant emphasis on the brain stem failure Josh was experiencing & his symptoms just didn't seem to match her descriptions. And Bethany's RA. The biggest red flags to me was how the Drs. Could NEVER seem to really effectively treat her children because they were so unique. She never consulted any other of the experts around the country, you know why? Because they'd have blown her insanity wide open. She is one sick bitch
***** I couldn't believe how much narcotics the Drs supposedly had him on either... I was just blown away by it, but did give Dr's the benefit of doubt since they were Dr's. that threw up a red flag to me, but I felt I was being unfair...

Now, I don't think I was unfair...I think the Dr's were WRONG to ever give him that much and if they felt they had to, where were all these test results showing him as needing them. She didn't want to change Dr's because she knew it might be hard to fake it with new Drs' Her old one??/ Not so much...They should be charged with overdosing the kids on her word, not by their own test and opinions.... I would never ever take my child to one of the Drs she used, even tho, I do remember one Dr was not in agreement and did not want to take responsibility for **Joshie'** care...smart doc.

Location hidden

#388 Nov 27, 2013
I think it's wise to keep in mind that MSBP is a very difficult diagnosis to obtain. Even with all of what was written on the internet by Kate & as obvious as the abuse may seem, it will be a long process for officials to put all of the pieces together. IMO, Kate isn't going to have a sudden "Come to Jesus" moment & fully disclose what she's done & seek psychiatric treatment. Even with eyewitness accounts & all of the evidence & correspondence with CPS, we don't know anything about the actual medical treatment plans & how medical professionals made the decisions regarding this, so I'm hesitant to place blame on the Drs., Kate's behavior fits the pattern of MSBP.
Kara66

Tijuana, Mexico

#389 Nov 27, 2013
I read Joshua's and Bethany's CB for about a year or so and I always wonder if she was over or under medicating this kids. It was a crazy how high the doses she claim they needed everyday.
Ama

Bothell, WA

#391 Nov 28, 2013
KrazyKateof8 wrote:
AMA, this thread is current. Started in 2013.
Oh thank you KrazyKate... Well, I didn't sleep all nite...I just can't wrap my head around any of this. by chance do you know when all this came down? How long since Joshua and Bethany have been removed? Anything???? How, Why?
Thanks for the comeback, I appreciate knowing I am on the right page and year..
Ama

Bothell, WA

#392 Nov 28, 2013
shesatwin wrote:
"It is clear that you misunderstood or misread."
Wow! MckMama is that you?
<quoted text>
Sounds just like her doesn't it? She probably is reading right along with us and hoping to swing the heat off on someone else for a change...Since getting out of the hospital, she has been quiet, not a word about moving or staying,paying the CfD and taxes or not, Nothing about having Israel arrested....just shhhh quiet.....

Location hidden

#393 Nov 28, 2013
Long story, kinda short (for now):I have read Kate's blogs since her "special needs kids" one. At first I found it so refreshing in contrast to all the "Look at my perfect children" blogs out there given I have two high medical needs children myself. I first became very concerned when I read that Kate planned to adopt two special needs children in addition to having a household where every single child had issues according to her blog. I realized that Kate will lie when she declared to the court/social worker objecting to the adoption that only two of her kids had special needs. She either lied to her readers or to the courts.

Fast forward to this year. I did not follow the Care Pages daily, but checked in now and again. I was stunned when Joshua's page was shut down, positive he had passed away. I looked for an obituary every day until I found this. I've read without posting until now.

This entire situation just makes me sick to my stomach. We are talking about children removed from their home for birthdays and holidays. If the allegations against Kate are true, then they are most certainly safer and healthier... but how do you explain that to a group of children that have had their world turned upside down? No matter what, there are no winners here as far as emotional trauma goes.

I pray that the judges and social workers are wise in discerning the truth and protecting these children. I pray that regardless of where these children end up they can stay together and live healthy, happy and long lives. And wherever they are today, I hope they can have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will JFK's grandson become our first Jewish pre... May 12 yidfellas v USA 1
News Drive-By Shooting Suspects in Custody (Jul '07) May 9 how 9
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188
Jerry and Amy Harrington child abusers (Feb '13) Mar '17 Lookng 5
News Medford businessman Kelly Rasmussen accused of ... (Oct '08) Jan '17 Cjben79 12
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. (Jul '16) Aug '16 Sniper01 3
Review: something different (Aug '16) Aug '16 roncole 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages