joshua parker
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#3689 Apr 9, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
I am curious as to whether or not any of the attorneys who have posted believe that Dad is likely to be charged?
My feeling is no. It is hard enough to build a case like this against the direct perp. Unless they have direct evidence linking him to fraud or abuse, it will be too hard. I think the adult siblings may be at greater risk of being charged than the dad who was never around.
Cassie-confused

Taylorville, IL

#3690 Apr 9, 2014
There is a big difference in begin mature and having an adult discussion based on your opinions of the TOPIC we are discussing. If you think Kate is innocent, wonderful let's discus our different opinions, like adults.
But please don't act like what I am posting is horrible or cannot be true or act like I am hateful because of my opinion. Show me respect and I will show you the same. Don't tell me that I shouldn't be posting here, I have just as much right as you. And yes if you don't like what is being posted here or how our opinions are different, instead of wasting your time why not leave? Me saying that has nothing to do with people having a different opinion than me!
Floored

United States

#3691 Apr 9, 2014
I agree @FakedOut.

Ignore the silly teenage trolls here. They only detract from the mission.

Let's focus on justice and safety for the Parker kids.
Cassie-confused

Taylorville, IL

#3692 Apr 9, 2014
I don't think Charley will be charged. I believe he should, just as Megan and Adam should be in my opinion. But I think Kate herself saying he knew nothing/did nothing/ decided nothing is going to get him off. I doubt he has signed any papers and drs will be able to testify that he wasn't at most of the appointments.
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#3693 Apr 9, 2014
allison04 wrote:
I was wondering if Charley has taken the time to read the CB blogs and other posts that have been written where Kate airs out the dirty laundry on him/their marriage.
I'm guessing he didn't read along back when sites were active.
It would be difficult to support a spouse in the long run if all this lying has just been brought to his attention.
Random question.....Can you file for a divorce if you or your spouse is in jail?
Yes. But I predict he won't. Husbands if Munchausen mothers tend to be quite passive and loyal to their crazy spouses.
Anna M

Los Angeles, CA

#3694 Apr 9, 2014
You guys keep saying to ignore the trolls and then you don't. You know the old saying about doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

It is empowering to ignore and scroll by. And it renders the people who are only here to nag fellow posters, totally impotent. So stop arguing with these people.

Bottom line, most posters were defrauded by this woman. A woman who hurt and used her innocent and vulnerable children in order to do so. That's a recipe for outrage and it is well justified. Those who do not like the tone here are welcome to leave and create their own thread or post else were. Again, for a lightly moderated site it has seemed pretty Tame in here to me.
Shut it already

Woodside, NY

#3695 Apr 9, 2014
duped 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut it already: STOP repeating yourself your boring me....(YAWN) If we are that creepy perhaps you should go.
I don't recall responding to (or even reading) any posts from you, nor have I directed the word "creepy" or any other negative adjectives toward you. Projecting, much? And also, zzzzzzzz again... yes, yes, I disagree with the herd so I should leave. No room for debate, and CERTAINLY no room for anyone to self-reflect. You're right, I've been slightly repetitive too. That tends to happen sometimes when people put words in your mouth because you happen to not share their opinion. People tend to want to clarify their original point when their words have been misinterpreted or when they are attacked for not agreeing with the majority (though I'm really not sure how much of a majority it is, really - just a handful of vocal people trying their hardest to make anyone who doesn't tow their self proclaimed line leave). None of you own this board, so I think I'll stick around as long as I'd like. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

And yes, I realize you were using sarcasm to throw my words back at me - points for humor, I enjoy humor. Trust, I'll give it a rest WAY before I reach the level of repetition that Madi has hit. Probably before I reach ten posts actually, if that makes ya feel better.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#3696 Apr 9, 2014
Anna M wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But I predict he won't. Husbands if Munchausen mothers tend to be quite passive and loyal to their crazy spouses.
Yes, that makes sense that an overly controlling personality fits with passive, that way Kate runs the show and doesn't need to discuss her decisions or anything.
If my spouse was charged with these horrendous crimes I would be quite eager to read the posts that are the evidence.
Shut it already

Woodside, NY

#3697 Apr 9, 2014
Cassie-confused wrote:
I wasn't even talking about your posts. I was talking about Observer and Questions telling us what we should and shouldn't be doing. By all means posts your opinions, I wish they would. Instead of the nonsense they keep repeating.
<quoted text>
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I don't know about Questions (his/her posts seem strange in tone and especially grammar, as if they are trying really hard to sound as if English is not their first language) but I gotta say, I think Observer just seems like a skeptic. Considering this whole board is about a woman who duped MANY people and reeled them in hook, line and sinker - complete with her own outrage over another woman who did the same (Mckmama)- it seems natural to doubt. I too am not going to take everyone who says they've received factual information from an inside source at face value, or believe anything to be absolutely true that hasn't been reported by a reputable media outlet. The blog I'll take for what it is as it's mostly Kate's own words. But here? I get that people who were taken by her are angry. I wasn't and I'M angry with her too because she's almost certainly a child abuser. What annoys me is the "troll" label and accusations of being a Kate relative towards anyone who doesn't necessarily believe she's 100% guilty before trial. I DO believe she's guilty; quite frankly I think her own words give her away. Too many inconsistencies. But hey, if people want to wait to see how this whole thing plays out before passing judgement and dare to say so, I don't think that means they are Megan or whatever.*shrug* Who knows.
bbbbb

Onalaska, WI

#3698 Apr 9, 2014
how do you quote text to reply to someone on here? I'm not savvy on internet forums or boards. Thanks
Anna M

Rialto, CA

#3699 Apr 9, 2014
bbbbb wrote:
how do you quote text to reply to someone on here? I'm not savvy on internet forums or boards. Thanks
Hit the reply button under their post. Then type your reply underneath their quote when it pops up.
Msart

Sechelt, Canada

#3700 Apr 9, 2014
Questions/Observer might be the DIL (Adam's wife). I believe she is from the Philipines and English is likely not her first language. Hence the reason posts belonging to that user demonstrate odd grammar and syntax.
bbbbb

Onalaska, WI

#3701 Apr 9, 2014
Anna M wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit the reply button under their post. Then type your reply underneath their quote when it pops up.
Thank you. I never saw the "reply button".
Shut it already

Woodside, NY

#3702 Apr 9, 2014
Cassie-confused wrote:
There is a big difference in begin mature and having an adult discussion based on your opinions of the TOPIC we are discussing. If you think Kate is innocent, wonderful let's discus our different opinions, like adults.
But please don't act like what I am posting is horrible or cannot be true or act like I am hateful because of my opinion. Show me respect and I will show you the same. Don't tell me that I shouldn't be posting here, I have just as much right as you. And yes if you don't like what is being posted here or how our opinions are different, instead of wasting your time why not leave? Me saying that has nothing to do with people having a different opinion than me!
Wanted to reply to this too as there seems to be no option to edit posts on this board - I gotta say, there HAS been A LOT of talking about other posters and speculation as to who they might be, name calling, etc for 100s of pages. The majority of posters have gone off topic many times, and to me, that's to be expected on a board with 1000s of posts. I have no clue if the above quote was directed towards me, Observer or anyone in particular - but please don't act like the off topic stuff is new or coming from trolls or whatever it is you're trying to imply. In fact one of the reasons I started posting in the first place is because it seemed to me that some people were more interested in other posters' identities than in the case itself.

And I think we can all agree that as human beings with free will and thought, we can each decide for ourselves what is and is not a waste of our time.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3703 Apr 9, 2014
Re: I for one would love to know why Madi felt the need to insert herself smack dab in the middle of a criminal investigation and subsequent media reports that has nothing to do with her life.

Okay, sweetie, you have absolutely no clue.

I provided useful information to detectives for a sick woman whom I followed online for years. That is the extent of my involvement in that area.
I CARE about those kids, so you can sure as hell bet I'm going to do anything I can to expose the truth --- whatever it may be.

Did I "tip" the media. You bet. But they already knew about this case and they would have seen the arrest themselves. So I just gave them an extra day to plan their rundowns.
I've worked as a crime writer on an off for years. I know how difficult it is to get accurate information. So you can bet I'm going to provide a professional courtesy to other journalists who require information on a case. Absolutely.

As for discussing it here, I have lots of useful information to share concerning not only this case but the justice system as a whole.
I enjoy discussing the case with the others (not you, obviously) and trying to understand how this occurred and why.
I CARE about those kids. That's why I followed Kate in the first place. So you can sure as well bet that I'm keen to learn the truth about what happened to them and how and why.

As for a time investment: Where on earth are you getting THAT?
How long do you think it takes to read a few posts and write up a few replies? Especially for someone who TYPED FOR A LIVING. I can type faster than you can speak so I can churn out long posts in a minute or two. The time I spend here probably adds up to 15-20 min over the course of the day and I stop in while I'm taking a break from writing as I do my "rounds" on the sites I like to peek in on. On busy days like today, I don't stop in but once.

I was hesitant to even post this as this isn't about me, but I'm not going to let you spew out nonsense about me and not acknowledge it.
Bottom line: You don't like someone's posts, you can skip over them. It's that simple. Act like an adult instead of trying to pick fights with everyone.

This is a forum where we're here to discuss KATE AND THE CHILDREN.
NOT my personal interest in the case. Nobody gives a flying fizz. I sure as hell don't. I don't want to read about posters squabbling; I want to read about the matter at hand.

Location hidden

#3704 Apr 9, 2014
Anna M wrote:
You guys keep saying to ignore the trolls and then you don't. You know the old saying about doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?
It is empowering to ignore and scroll by. And it renders the people who are only here to nag fellow posters, totally impotent. So stop arguing with these people.
Bottom line, most posters were defrauded by this woman. A woman who hurt and used her innocent and vulnerable children in order to do so. That's a recipe for outrage and it is well justified. Those who do not like the tone here are welcome to leave and create their own thread or post else were. Again, for a lightly moderated site it has seemed pretty Tame in here to me.
Yes! You're right. You're right.

I just saw my name in there and had to reply, but you're quite right. I'd started skipping over Observer's posts and it was quite empowering!
Now to apply it to Shut it Already, unless she decides to take her own advice! LOL

Location hidden

#3705 Apr 9, 2014
allison04 wrote:
Madi, just wanted to let you know that I personally appreciate your input and attention to detail.
Thank you, Allison! I'm glad my input and legal system insights were helpful to you!
I don't care what a few idiots have to say. I'll continue to share my insights as I care about the case, more importantly the kids and that justice is served!

Location hidden

#3706 Apr 9, 2014
So, back to the matter at hand....
justanotherscornedperson wrote:
It's so hard shuffling through all the comments, do we know if charges will be brought upon Charley, Megan and Adam? Or is the focus primarily on Kate at the moment?
My understanding is that the investigation is ongoing and that certainly, due to their proximity, Megan, Charley, et al are all candidates for criminal charges. But none have been filed as of yet, obviously. I think that's just a time will tell sort of thing.

Someone had asked earlier about the attorneys' opinions on whether Charley could get charged. I asked my husband on this (an attorney) and he said it was a toss up; it really depends on what they can prove he knew, did, etc.
He can't escape obligations as a custodial parent -- that's where most of his liability lies in the situation --- but he pointed out that if there's evidence that Kate tried to hide things from him, that could result in a bit less liability on his part.

Location hidden

#3707 Apr 9, 2014
FakedOut wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point Allison. Wonder if HE knew they didn't have a good marriage, if they were initially just "friends with benefits", and all that…. for all HE knew, their marriage was just fine and all was well when he came home from work every day.
On the other hand, where are Kate's posts about him breaking down when he realized Josh was dying, being hospitalized, about to "lose" his little boy…….. I'd be posting about putting my husband in a mental hospital when realizing he was about to "lose" a kid…… OMG the possible scenarios! Kate posted plenty about herself, and sometimes the other kids, when they were all upset about Josh dying, but how did her HUSBAND feel? Did I miss a post or two where she said HE was devastated and having a very hard time adjusting??? Did he not know Josh was dying? Or did he not know Kate was POSTING about him dying? Either way is awful!
I would think you can divorce someone if they (or you) are jailed, can't imagine why not...
I wondered about that too --- if he knew their relationship was as bad as Kate claimed it was. And i also wonder if he really did believe Josh was dying.
I know Charley rarely visited the doc appts, so it's possible she deceived him on this point. I bet this is just one of the many points the investigators and GJ are trying to sort out. Kate's writings nailed her to the wall for the most part, but Charley is a bit ole mystery.

And absolutely, you're right -- you can definitely divorce someone in jail.(You only need to be able to serve the papers, so even easier as you'll know exactly where the other party is! LOL)

Location hidden

#3708 Apr 9, 2014
And one final thought for now....

Why on earth would it be surprising that someone who worked as a court reporter for decades, works as a crime writer/police reporter in her retirement years (read: I do it because I love it, not because I have to), and is married to an attorney would be interested in a criminal case?
Especially a criminal case about kids that she followed for years and came to care about??

Just sayin. The ridiculousness of it all just struck me! LOL

Indeed, I too shall ignore the trolls moving forward as I have no interest in discussing ME. I care to discuss this case!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman files sexual harassment lawsuit against A... Sep 19 Oregon State Elks 7
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. Aug '16 Sniper01 3
News Woman rescued from car Aug '16 TFC 1
News LNG pipeline group uses Olympic ad to show proj... Aug '16 We Hate Coos Bay ... 1
Review: something different Aug '16 roncole 1
News The 3 Best Pizza Restaurants in Medford, Oregon (Sep '09) Jul '16 Wolfdog 11
Child Rear View Jun '16 Introspective 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages