joshua parker
Danielle

American Fork, UT

#309 Nov 18, 2013
This is when I REALLY started to dislike Kate.
Desiree made the decision that was BEST for her son.
When she became ill she had his father take him.
When she was better she allowed his father to keep him.

Instead of ripping him away from a life he had grown accustomed to, she sacrificed to allow him to stay there.
Desiree lost her child through no fault of her own.

Desiree sacrificed and did what was BEST for her child.
Something Kate obviously knows nothing about!
If Kate had done what was best for HER children then we wouldn't be here.
sadtruthbetold wrote:
When Kyron Horman went missing, she was mad a Desire Kyrons mom, because they used to be neighbors and Desires never had time for Kate! Any time it wasn't all about kate she made sure it was all about her! Josh got on the cca Joy Rx campaign because Kate is friends with one of the child life workers at legacy and Kate made a huge fuss about how if it where Cancer some one would care. If Joshua had cancer everyone would donate and their would be programs for the family. Well Joshua got on the cca campaign and got a new computer and other things. You know it wouldnt surprise me if Kate made a little anonymous bate call on herself, thinking it would get her attention and the case would be closed because she has been able to convince to many Dr.s.
Josh and Bethany sighting

Grants Pass, OR

#310 Nov 18, 2013
My husband and I were out with our children last night and we were shocked and pleasantly surprised to see Bethany and Joshua at what seemed to be a birthday party. We actually watched Joshua running and playing with other children. Last time I saw him he was in a wheelchair "near death". He sure looked like he was thriving to me. Bethany was in the arms of what appeared to be her foster mom and then her foster dad. The mom and dad seemed to be doting over Bethany and seemed to be absolutley in love with her. She was laughing and having a good time. I think she knows she has them wrapped around her finger! Both kids look like they have gained quite a bit of weight since I saw them last. It's amazing to see what a loving environment can do for children. I was dying to go up and talk to the foster mom but I didn't think it was appropriate because they were always surrounded by kids.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#311 Nov 19, 2013
Josh and Bethany sighting wrote:
My husband and I were out with our children last night and we were shocked and pleasantly surprised to see Bethany and Joshua at what seemed to be a birthday party. We actually watched Joshua running and playing with other children. Last time I saw him he was in a wheelchair "near death". He sure looked like he was thriving to me. Bethany was in the arms of what appeared to be her foster mom and then her foster dad. The mom and dad seemed to be doting over Bethany and seemed to be absolutley in love with her. She was laughing and having a good time. I think she knows she has them wrapped around her finger! Both kids look like they have gained quite a bit of weight since I saw them last. It's amazing to see what a loving environment can do for children. I was dying to go up and talk to the foster mom but I didn't think it was appropriate because they were always surrounded by kids.
I am SO happy to hear this!! I know many of us were duped for years (some of us have known something wasn't right for a long time, but I assume like me others would have never guessed things would get this bad or go this far). I am so thankful B & J seem to be doing well now! Joshua out of his wheelchair playing was unheard of! And Bethany smiling? Wow!
SkepticalAndAmus ed

Marietta, GA

#312 Nov 19, 2013
It's been fascinating to watch this thread blossom into a vitriol-filled bashing of a woman and her family based solely on one person posting they are telling the truth and should be trusted when they state the mother's 2 critically ill children have been removed from her care. Nowhere in this thread is there any link or fact to substantiate that claim - just rationalizations based on cut/pastes of the woman's online postings and anonymous claims to know her in real life.

There's a certain irony in believing an anonymous poster bashing another person's supposedly dishonest online posts.

And, yes, I did follow her and was irritated when I lost access to updates about Joshua and Bethany. But I believed, and still believe, the privacy move was driven by hate coming at her from comments when she was emotionally stretched as far as she could go.

Find a way to substantiate your claims. Right now you all look like a pitchfork wielding mob.

Location hidden

#313 Nov 19, 2013
SkepticalAndAmused wrote:
It's been fascinating to watch this thread blossom into a vitriol-filled bashing of a woman and her family based solely on one person posting they are telling the truth and should be trusted when they state the mother's 2 critically ill children have been removed from her care. Nowhere in this thread is there any link or fact to substantiate that claim - just rationalizations based on cut/pastes of the woman's online postings and anonymous claims to know her in real life.
There's a certain irony in believing an anonymous poster bashing another person's supposedly dishonest online posts.
And, yes, I did follow her and was irritated when I lost access to updates about Joshua and Bethany. But I believed, and still believe, the privacy move was driven by hate coming at her from comments when she was emotionally stretched as far as she could go.
Find a way to substantiate your claims. Right now you all look like a pitchfork wielding mob.
I have to disagree with you. The fact that Kate and her adult kids (a much more practiced pitchfork-wielding mob) have not been visible on this thread or usual internet attention-seeking haunts for months tells me there is some definite truth to these claims. Believe what you want, but don't insult logic. Kate couldn't let an accidental "Josh" from someone praying for her family to pass without harsh words. There is certainly a reason bigger than her sense of entitlement (law enforcement works for me) that she is silent.

Location hidden

#314 Nov 19, 2013
This is based on more than one person's account. Are you looking for a link to a news article? There aren't any. But many people are hurt and confused by years of investing their time, money, and emotions into this family based on more than one person's account of what's going on. Two posts above, someone saw the supposedly critically ill children with other people doing much better than they appeared to have been based on Kate's claims. Granted, they may be critically ill, and perhaps Kate truly thought she was doing what was in the kids' best interests. I do want to give her the benefit of the doubt. We are just people who want to know the truth, and know the children are doing well. Kate reached out to many people in person and online on behalf of her children for many years, so of course people are confused/suspicious why she suddenly dissappeared. I do hope that it's all a big mistake and misunderstanding. I agree that we shouldn't jump to conclusions or make assumptions. We hope to know the full truth in due time.
Kay

Philadelphia, PA

#315 Nov 19, 2013
I'd also just like to point out that many of these comments ARE based on negative and worrying interactions people have had with Kate Parker well in advance of this latest development, which admittedly we do not have many details on. If you read back you'll see people who were verbally attacked or maligned by Kate, sometimes for making simple suggestions or wanting to follow up. I had a similar experience when I would try to inquire about Joshua. Kate would beg and plead for money constantly but then shut everyone out, claiming the need for "privacy" whenever people asked too many questions that she considered "rude" or "disrespectful" (they were not). There are people here who have invested years and who knows how many dollars into this family. I think they deserve some answers on whether they've been scammed or not.
Shocked

Irvington, NJ

#316 Nov 19, 2013
SkepticalAndAmus ed
Hmm is this Kate or a family member?????? People have a right to wonder her and her family scammed many people out of alot of money stating her children were terminally ill and begging for money. If you followed her caringbridge site for both kids you can clearly see that something fishy was going on. Didn't make sense and no I do not belive that she switched to privacy mode because of hateful messages. I saw the comments and posted one myself and she would come back in the next post with very mean responses to posts that really were meant for support and caring. I thought she was just being overly sensitive and maybe not thinking right due to the situation but now I see I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Location hidden

#317 Nov 19, 2013
I am so beyond happy to see this! If I remember right I believe Bethany's birthday is in November. I know in Oct 2010 Kate stated she would be 3 in Nov. I so hope this was a party for her and she was getting to enjoy her 6th birthday the way she should. This just makes my heart so happy.
I sure hope the state sees things like this. If Joshua is up and running around Kate may just be sicker than we all thought. And if Bethany was being held and soaking it in and enjoying it that definitely doesn't sound like RAD.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#319 Nov 19, 2013
I'm a little skeptical about this. I can't believe that Childrens' Services would place Joshua and Bethany in a home close to the home they were removed from, in a town where most people will recognize them.

Location hidden

#320 Nov 19, 2013
rosemary30a wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little skeptical about this. I can't believe that Childrens' Services would place Joshua and Bethany in a home close to the home they were removed from, in a town where most people will recognize them.
Are foster kids typically sent to out of town families? I'm pretty sure kids are generally fostered with local families.
Ann

Roseburg, OR

#321 Nov 19, 2013
Children r kept in the same town so that the family they were removed from can still have supervised visits.

Location hidden

#322 Nov 19, 2013
rosemary30a wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience is that children are fostered closer to home if visitation is mandated and where they have people who can meet the physical and emotional needs of the children. Obviously, the ideal setting would take into account personality or familiarity (as in placement with grandmother/father) of foster parents if the system has flexibility. More important than proximity is the needs factor of the children. Both children have been described as medically fragile (no idea if that is true), with a variety of special needs. Keeping them in a locale where their doctors and medical interventionists are the same would be a deciding factor in my neck of the woods. With issues such as feeding tubes and pain management, the children are served best by continuity of care.

Location hidden

#323 Nov 19, 2013
Wowza95 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are foster kids typically sent to out of town families? I'm pretty sure kids are generally fostered with local families.
My experience, based on friends who care for foster children, is that the children are usually from the opposite end of the county and sometimes the children are from nearby, more rural counties. The goal seems to be keeping the parents from finding the foster family and creating problems.

Of course, I live in a large city with more options than a smaller city in a less-populated area.

Location hidden

#324 Nov 19, 2013
Ann wrote:
Children r kept in the same town so that the family they were removed from can still have supervised visits.
Interesting. My friends have years of experience so maybe they just end up with placements resulting from the most extreme cases with the most uncooperative parents.

Location hidden

#325 Nov 19, 2013
rosemary30a wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. My friends have years of experience so maybe they just end up with placements resulting from the most extreme cases with the most uncooperative parents.
Could be the case. I would imagine each district/county has to struggle with available resources given kid needs and safety of child in relation to family. I do know that when I have had clients placed with family members all the rules of type of visit, including where and when, was strictly upheld.

I will say that I admire people who choose foster care as a way to be inservice to children. It is such a hard job. But, placed kids (once removed from a home)deserve the right fit whenever it is possible because they have been through so much.
Ann

Roseburg, OR

#326 Nov 19, 2013
I have done foster care in Grants Pass so I speak from experience. They can be from another close by county but the state perfers to be in the same county they r from. And if moved out of county usually the foster parent has to provide the transportation for the visitations. Just my experience and others that I know that still do foster care.
Nobody

Boise, ID

#327 Nov 19, 2013
Kate mentioned once years ago, pre-Bethany & Hannah (and possibly pre-Joshua) that she got SSI for David. I wonder if she gets it for all the kids, she certainly had a huge list of medical conditions for every single one of them. She certainly knows how to milk the system.

Location hidden

#328 Nov 19, 2013
She did get it for David too!

Location hidden

#330 Nov 20, 2013
Again, not surprised. This woman is disgusting. The fact that three people agree with Skeptical and Amused leads me to believe that SandA is really a member of Kate's family and/or they are reading here. No one else has commented in her defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump For President Nov '16 Bernieforprez 4
News Woman allegedly kicked cop in groin at Emigrant... Oct '16 Ozzie 27 1
Lost Dog Small Rat Terrier Oct '16 KirahFitton 1
Tell me all the good and bad about Medford. Aug '16 Sniper01 3
Review: something different Aug '16 roncole 1
News The 3 Best Pizza Restaurants in Medford, Oregon (Sep '09) Jul '16 Wolfdog 11
Child Rear View (Jun '16) Jun '16 Introspective 1

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages