joshua parker
Wow

Gainesville, FL

#206 Nov 9, 2013
She wanted help with bonding, and got upset when anyone mentioned respite or even possibly disrupting. She said even suggesting disruption indicates the person is treating the child like a dog in finding a new home. I don't get it. Hannah was a healthy typical DS baby, so why disrupt her and not Bethany? Was it because Bethany had more needs and that's what Kate wanted?? Who knows. I met both girls early on. Hannah didn't seem to have any issues (but then again I didn't spend enough time with her) and Bethany was definitely more delayed. So many things I heard with my own ears come from Kate's mouth caused so many red flags in my head. I long suspected she went looking for medical issues with her kids (many are legit, some I'm not so sure). I doubted my questioning at times because of her pre-med background and seemingly extensive knowledge, but now see I'm not alone in my concerns. I'm just hopeful the kids are now thriving in their new environments and getting the care they need (and not the extra stuff they don't need).

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#207 Nov 9, 2013
And whatever Kate didn't know, she researched and familiarized herself with the facts. That way she could speak to what "symptoms" the children had. Not only was she telling everyone on her blogs but of course, the doctors too. Everything will eventually come out and although contributions won't be paid back, the kids will be taken care of.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#208 Nov 9, 2013
Wow, your question about the disruption of Hannah's adoption is mine as well. I always wondered if Hannah relative lack of needs meant that she had to parent more in addition to the idea she could not stop Hannah from progressing.
Jenny

Birmingham, AL

#209 Nov 9, 2013
I am thrilled to know these kids are out of her care and I hope this is true. I also hope that they are in much better health.

Another thing I thought was especially sick was how Kate constantly asked Joshua if he was ready to go to heaven yet? Or if today was the day he was going to meet Jesus? What kind of sick parent scares the hell out of her child all of the time asking him if today is the day he is going to DIE?????? I wanted to comment on the CB site so badly but I knew it wouldn't do any good.

She is mentally off in so many ways just from reading the CB sites of the children. She said horrible things about how THEY WOULD NOT BE DISRUPTING BETHANY SO QUIT MENTIONING IT on the site but they disrupted the other little girl? I know someone who knows her pretty well and she said horrible things about poor Bethany. This woman needs help.

Location hidden

#210 Nov 9, 2013
Jenny, she disrupted Hannah without a word as if Hannah was worth nothing. She makes my blood boil.
Elephantintheroo m

Four Oaks, NC

#211 Nov 9, 2013
So, is there actual "proof" that she rehomed/disrupted Hannah? I mean, isn't it a bit odd to anyone that she went from adamantly opposed to disrupting to suddenly, a child is gone? Has anyone actually see Hannah since she left the Parker household? Anyone know the family that allegedly accepted her?

Or did Hannah just disappear? So many of the other rehomed kids show up on other blogs or someone knows the family that got them. Hannah's been gone a while- yet no one seems to know where.

Location hidden

#212 Nov 9, 2013
The children are in foster care safe. Hannah was given to another adoptive family in 2012 Kate flew her down to the other family that she was friends with on Facebook. Hannah was disrupted supposedly because her rad was so bad she would look at Kate and family like she wanted to hurt them.

Location hidden

#213 Nov 9, 2013
I would guess that if it's true that CPS and the cops are involved and charges have been filed that the authorities have located Hannah to make sure she is ok. Somehow I think that if she just disappeared, Kate would already be in jail.

Location hidden

#214 Nov 9, 2013
Charges aren't filed yet it is an open investigation the kids are in protective custody (foster homes).
Katesafake

Parker, CO

#215 Nov 9, 2013
It's not exactly proof of anything, but Kate did make a fancy memorial for Joshua that included silhouettes of the kids. Eight silhouettes. I think that's when people figured out Hannah was gone, because she was clearly not one of the silhouettes. Kate wouldn't address it even though people were worried and asked about her on the caringbridge page.
Katesafake

Parker, CO

#216 Nov 9, 2013
Also earlier someone suggested Kate should have gotten Joshua a make a wish trip rather than beg for money. If I'm not mistaken, Joshua did receive a wish from Make a Wish. A game room I think. I don't begrudge him that as clearly he was suffering to some extent either because of his real conditions or at the hands of his mother, but I do wonder if she turned around and sold the items.
Trusting Community

Grants Pass, OR

#217 Nov 9, 2013
I live in the same town as Kate. I have been concerned and suspicious of Kate for years and I wish I would have trusted my gut but who would think a mother would harm their children and plan their fake deaths to benefit financially. Our communtiy came together for the Parker family by having fund raisers and allowing Kate to put jars in businesses and mini marts with a sad story attached, of these 2 precious girls awaiting their forever home, that were going to die from medical complications and neglect if her family didn't adopt them. The community watched the Parkers go from church to church looking for donations for the adoption and when they didn't meet Kate's financial expectations they would move to the next church. When the church didn't donate to Kate's expectations she would complain about them. Last but not least Kate and her children went door to door looking for and expecting donations. I was at a fundraiser and saw Joshua out of his wheelchair trying to run and play and Kate kept picking him up, putting him back in his chair and telling him he is too sick to play. I read in Kate's blog that she has a hard time asking for money but it doesn't seem like it to me, does it to you? God only knows how many thousands of dollars Kate has profited from at the expense of her children. What I have written here is only in reference to the adoption money, who knows how much she got for the fake funerals of Joshua and Bethany. I'm honored to live in a world/community that is so supportive and willing to open their hearts and pocket books to complete strangers. However, I'm saddened for those that lost their hard earned money, including mine.

Location hidden

#218 Nov 10, 2013
This is from Mothering.com where Kate posted as Momto3g3b. She has got many posts where she does the same thing. I wish someone would realize that she is truly sick and should not have any of her kids. You can read what she writes in life pre-J. The other kids were pathologized. Adam had Marfans, Tourettes, Asbergers, and more. Then she hit paydirt with Josh, then Bethany, Hannah was not lucrative so she went to live somewhere else, thank God. I hope Josh and Bethany are safe and warm in loving homes tonight. They lived a life in hell.
1/5/06 at 11:54pm

momto3g3b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinda
So, what are they going to do for the hydrocephalus? Can they do anything in utero or do they have to wait until the baby is born?
At this point, we don't know if the baby will end up with actual hydrocephalus or not. The peri said there was some accumulation of fluid and he showed it to me, but he said it might drain on its own instead of collecting further. That's what I meant when I said it might be the beginning of hydrocephalus. We don't know yet for sure. IF there is hydrocephalus at birth, my guess is that the baby might need a shunt. But that hasn't even come up in discussion with the peri, so I'm only speculating at this point.
The only treatment for the anemia in-utero would be transfusions, but there is a 6% risk of death from the procedure, and since we're over 30 weeks now, dh & I (and the peri) agree that we're not going to go that route at all. IF the anemia gets to the severe range, we'll opt for early delivery and treatment of the baby in NICU.
Thanks for rooting for me. I hope you make it waaaay past 31 weeks this time, too!
B J Smith

Newmarket, NH

#219 Nov 10, 2013
From what I've read both he and his sister are fine; removed from home and placed with other families where they are thriving. Off meds and doing well. Were not dying; were not ill ... Sounds like Mom is one who needs help

Location hidden

#220 Nov 10, 2013
Trusting Community, it is not too late to act. If you have seen things or have more information contact the child wlefare office in GRants Pass, OR. The worst case scenario is that they don't have enough to keep these kids out of the home and they are returned to Kate's arms. Anyone on here can contact CW and give information. Our silence to the authorities has impact on Bethany and Joshua.
Trusting Community wrote:
I live in the same town as Kate. I have been concerned and suspicious of Kate for years and I wish I would have trusted my gut but who would think a mother would harm their children and plan their fake deaths to benefit financially. Our communtiy came together for the Parker family by having fund raisers and allowing Kate to put jars in businesses and mini marts with a sad story attached, of these 2 precious girls awaiting their forever home, that were going to die from medical complications and neglect if her family didn't adopt them. The community watched the Parkers go from church to church looking for donations for the adoption and when they didn't meet Kate's financial expectations they would move to the next church. When the church didn't donate to Kate's expectations she would complain about them. Last but not least Kate and her children went door to door looking for and expecting donations. I was at a fundraiser and saw Joshua out of his wheelchair trying to run and play and Kate kept picking him up, putting him back in his chair and telling him he is too sick to play. I read in Kate's blog that she has a hard time asking for money but it doesn't seem like it to me, does it to you? God only knows how many thousands of dollars Kate has profited from at the expense of her children. What I have written here is only in reference to the adoption money, who knows how much she got for the fake funerals of Joshua and Bethany. I'm honored to live in a world/community that is so supportive and willing to open their hearts and pocket books to complete strangers. However, I'm saddened for those that lost their hard earned money, including mine.
CallingCPS

Canada

#221 Nov 10, 2013
I am going to call the local CPS for Grant's pass to ensure that they are involved in this situation. Anyone from that area know the number? The family says they live at:
2540 Lower River Rd., Grants Pass, OR 97526

Location hidden

#222 Nov 10, 2013
That's an old address, FYI. It still might help with the agency though. It was posted earlier and flagged/removed to protect the innocent kids who don't live there.;)

Location hidden

#223 Nov 10, 2013
If the kids have been removed, you don't need the address just the name of Kate.

Here is a link to the local office with names of line supervisors. Not sure who is in charge of their case but I am sure they would be able to hook you up with the right caseworker. They are closed on Monday for Veteran's Day.

http://dasapp.oregon.gov/statephonebook/displ...

Location hidden

#225 Nov 10, 2013
If anyone here has connections to Kate through their church or adoption blogs/groups or RR, please call Child Welfare. Even if you do not have a screen shot but would be willing to swear to having seen some of her videos with the kids with their hands taped and sock covered or anything else, it will help to insure that these kids are not returned to her, especially Bethany, who may never be able to "tell" of mistreatment or neglect and has already lived a life that is unspeakably wrong.
CallingCPS wrote:
I am going to call the local CPS for Grant's pass to ensure that they are involved in this situation.
IgnoredRedFlags

Columbia, SC

#226 Nov 10, 2013
She wrote this on Caring Bridge about giving up Hannah. I sent it to another supporter and had it in my email:

With the care of a chronically-ill, medically-fragile child (or two, as the case is for my family) comes expected stresses, as well as unexpected challenges. Relationships get strained. Some friendships don't survive. Many marriages don't, either. I've lost friends over the past two years, some who I honestly thought were lifelong, always-gonna-be- there-no-matter-what people. My marriage is also hanging by a thread. I want to be able to say that Charley & I will make it through everything & emerge stronger than before, but I honestly don't know if that is true (please do not offer advice about this right now; thanks). And, as many of you have figured out & a few have asked about, one of the girls my family adopted is conspicuously absent. I am not going to get into the nitty gritty details simply because I have enough going on without being labeled selfish & incapable of loving an orphan & all the other hateful things that people (typically in the adoption community) spout off to mothers who make choices they disagree with, but I will share that at the recommendation of our pediatrician, Hannah is in long-term respite care where she can receive the therapy & behavioral intervention that she needs & our intention is to let the family that has her adopt her from us. That is why I claim 8 children, not 9. If you think I suck for giving up one of my adopted kids, keep it to yourself. Any negative comment will be deleted by a friend who will be moderating comments for me in order to ensure I don't have to read any nastiness. There are very few people reading this journal who have a true understanding of what we were living with before putting Hannah in respite care, but those who do understand completely support our decision. If you want to throw stones, please drive to your nearest river & have at it, but leave me alone. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grants Pass National Vendor Jevin Stiffs & Sues... Aug 20 IntheNewsAgain 1
Littering Along the Rogue Aug 14 joisey5 1
So close to homeless Aug 3 yes 2
News Man pleads no contest to stealing over $260k fr... Jun '17 good day 1
News Grants Pass elderly woman facing no cause eviction Jun '17 good day 1
News Drive-By Shooting Suspects in Custody (Jul '07) May '17 how 9
moving to oregon (Sep '06) Apr '17 Mydadwasaperuvian... 188

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance