United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

I have been following the story of a young sick boy named joshua parker. His caringbridge site has been closed down for weeks now. I do not know this family personally but know from their blogs, they are from grants pass. Can anyone tell me if he is ok?
Nancy

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Hi Allison,
I am a follower of young Joshua as well and I have been wondering how he is doing as well. I hope your post here end up with someone who knows how he and his little sister Bethany are.
Jill

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

I feel the same way. We have been praying for this sweet boy for so long, we feel like we know him. We will keep him and his loving family in prayer always. I sure miss hearing about him. His mother Kate's updates are the most beautiful entries I've ever written. She is an amazing woman.
jennifer

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

I do know the family. All of a sudden Kate disapeared. I've tried FB her two oldest kids. No word.
Kathy

Farmington, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Sending prayers to the Parker family. I feel we were blessed to have an insight into Joshua's journey. I get goosebumps when I think of the stories about the angels. It gives me hope and inspiration. Sending more healing prayers to the family.
Amy

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

I feel saddened about not knowing about joshua and the family. After crying and praying for a family everyday for over 2 years, and all of a sudden not knowing anything about how they are doing. Joshua had appeared to be doing a little better getting off of some of the medicine, and I guess I was hoping for a small miracle. At least more time for the family to be with him, now we know nothing. The parker family became a part of our own family a little. Just miss knowing how they are doing and worried about kate.
Sabrina P

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

I have been following since I saw the post on the Patterson family's website 2 years ago (I think it was 2011!). I've been fervently praying for Joshua since I learned about him, and hoping that their family would be able to have more time with him than the doctors were predicting. I know that it cannot be easy, and I know that there are certainly vile, cruel people in the cyber world, but I was hoping there would be a way for those of us that were never unkind to continue to follow and pray special prayers for Joshua, and what his particular needs were throughout this journey. I know it has got to be incredibly trying and isolating, especially if Joshua's moods were still in the condition they were at her last post, and I will admit, it's hard not knowing what to pray for.:-( I'm praying for Bethany too, nothing specific, just that she would be well while Joshua is enduring his trying times.
L1l2mom

Bellevue, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

I have been wondering about Joshua as well. Another site says there is a restraining order against Kate and the youngest two children. I followed their story so closely and even sent money to the family. I would love a true update so we would know how the children are doing and the rumors could be put to rest.
What-what-what

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

L1l2mom wrote:
I have been wondering about Joshua as well. Another site says there is a restraining order against Kate and the youngest two children. I followed their story so closely and even sent money to the family. I would love a true update so we would know how the children are doing and the rumors could be put to rest.
What site says this? Holy crap.
L1l2mom

Bellevue, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

It was on MWOP OT side...I hope it is just a rumor and I really wish Kate would post an update to let all of those who supported them know how he is doing.
Blog reader

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

L1l2mom wrote:
It was on MWOP OT side...I hope it is just a rumor and I really wish Kate would post an update to let all of those who supported them know how he is doing.
I also followed the CB page. I found the posts on the MWOP site and there are some inconsistencies in the comments there.

First, there was a fundraiser to cover final expenses and expenses during the father's unpaid leave. It was anticipated that J was dying and would not receive further surgeries. This was from a blog, not CB. The posts were two years old when I stumbled across them.

By the time I started following the CB page, J had apparently been able to have another surgery. His condition grew progressively worse and another appeal for help was posted recently.

I found the MWOP blog to have a very bitter and judgmental tone. I tend to be skeptical when blogs like that start flinging around claims they can't or won't prove. There are many other possible reasons that the CB page is unavailable at this time. We might not know what is wrong, but we can still pray to the One who does know and ask Him to protect and comfort J and his family.
Heather

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

I followed Joshua's CB site and would love an update as well. Praying for him and beautiful family. Blessings to them all.
hannah

Redondo Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

what is MWOP? all i could find was a site dedicated to mck-mama.
Blog reader

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

hannah wrote:
what is MWOP? all i could find was a site dedicated to mck-mama.

The comments about the Parkers are on that blog in an off-topic discussion area. The blog is appalling - character assassination and libel obsessively directed towards someone who might have been a former friend of one of the blog owners. Therefore, it is probably a good idea to take any accusation posted on that site with a grain of salt.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

I have gone thru the off topic discussions and just cant find the discussion on joshua. Im just curious as to what is said.
I realize that at this point, it doesnt sound like anyone can speak to how joshua is currently doing. Honestly seems strange to leave many people who followed, cared and sent money completely guessing.
Molly

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Wondering also what is going on?

The funny thing about MWOP talking about Kate is they are the site that sponsored Kate and Charlie with funding for the adoption of Bethany and Hannah. The fundraising raised thousands of dollars. MWOP had an ad with pictures of the little girls and if clicked brought you straight to a page to give money. This is the ONLY fundraising MWOP ever allowed and in fact they would frown on any mention of fundraising other than for Kate??? What was Kate's connection to MWOP?

Why does Kate always take blogs down if she has nothing to hide? The adoption blog was used to get money and then was removed. Josh's Caring bridge was used to raise money on at least 4 different occasions and is now removed. Kate's first blog about all her special needs kids was used to raise money towards a van and was also removed. Bethany had a Caring bridge and it is gone also.

Kate tends to ask for money, often times she has others say it is their idea, yet hides when questions are asked about things that don't add up. Kate owes many people answers about what is REALLY going on. Are the authorities really investigating abuse? Are the children not as ill as Kate claimed? What happened to all the money raised for Charlie to take off work for a funeral for Josh? Considering Josh could live a very long life? All this money should be returned since Josh is not terminal.

Kate was a large Internet participant in both the April Rose fraud case and Mckmama being outed via MWOP and the minute she is questioned about her own behavior she goes into hiding??? Sure makes you wonder what is Kate Parker hiding?
Blog reader

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Molly wrote:
Wondering also what is going on?

Kate was a large Internet participant in both the April Rose fraud case and Mckmama being outed via MWOP and the minute she is questioned about her own behavior she goes into hiding??? Sure makes you wonder what is Kate Parker hiding?
The so-called 'outing' that I read on that blog is short on facts and long on obsessive nit-picking and internet stalking. It also makes the assumption that people who stop sharing personal information are guilty of something and need to hide. While that might be true, there are other possibilities.

I know of a family who was reported to their local child welfare department because they posted comments on their blog about their frustration with their local hospital and their home health provider. Sound familiar?

I know of another family who posted to their CB site that a friend was moderating the comments section for them - and someone started leaving anonymous letters in the mailbox at their house. Sound familiar?

It's sad and scary that there are people who so angry and obsessed that they turn into stalkers but anyone who posts online is at risk for attracting creeps like that.
Molly

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Well obviously Kate was fine with MWOP when they were raising money for her and she sure didn't have a problem commenting on MWOP as KPmomof7, Kpmomof9 and then when Hannah was given away or re homed as KPmomof8.

I believe the problem is when you accept money from strangers to fund an adoption, pay for birthday parties, pay for time off for your husband and last but not least money for funeral and time off work for funeral people feel they have PAID for the right to know if they have been duped. This isn't stalking when hard working people have given based on what they were told. If it wasn't the truth they have the right to know. If there is nothing to hide why all the vanishing off the web?

You seem to be speaking for Kate and what most would like is to see Kate acknowledge the concerns and address them.

This family has received over $65000 in donations between the adoption and Josh stuff, this is a very large amount of money. ReeseRainbow who sponsored the adoption has also removed all traces of the Parker Family from their website. It just all sounds very fishy!!!
Blog reader

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Molly, I don't know Kate. I followed the CB pages after they were mentioned on another blog.

You might be right and there might be something fishy going on. My issue is with believing anything that is said about her on the MWOP blog, based on my very negative impression of MWOP.
Blog reader

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Another thing to consider - if there is any truth to rumors about some form of legal action then Kate might not be able to discuss the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of4,092
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Medford Discussions

Search the Medford Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OSF asks for removal of fountain, planter from ... 20 hr Byron 1
Ashland gallery owner arrested for allegedly pl... Wed One Eye Jack 2
Looking for help Jul 5 Big Ed 2
OR Who do you support for Governor in Oregon in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 3 What is 201
No charges: workers subdued intruder, who died Jun 17 Susan 1
Phoenix demands The Greenery close or face lega... Jun 16 Obvious 3
jim (Mar '10) Jun 11 jim is gay 3
•••

Fire Weather Watch for Jackson County was issued at July 12 at 4:31AM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Medford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••