First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Not again

Malden, MA

#3 Nov 4, 2011
Why do people insist on calling others names when all they're doing is what they're paid to do? Don't park illegally & you won't have a problem.

And for the record, only being there for a minute doesn't make it okay!
true dat

Boston, MA

#6 Nov 4, 2011
If Flo is the one who drives the black smart car,
she is a first class douche.

Ticket b!tc# is the perfect job for someone who takes pleasure in the suffering of others.

Please drive that smart car far far away,
and stay there.
Everett Citizen

Medford, MA

#8 Nov 5, 2011
It's funny because the other day I saw her walking down Broadway so I ran in front of her to feed my meter. I expected her to say something nasty to me but she was actually very nice. She started talking about the weather and other stuff. Maybe she gets a bad rap for the work she has to do and the rude people she has to deal with?
Jim

Boston, MA

#9 Nov 5, 2011
Everett Citizen wrote:
It's funny because the other day I saw her walking down Broadway so I ran in front of her to feed my meter. I expected her to say something nasty to me but she was actually very nice. She started talking about the weather and other stuff. Maybe she gets a bad rap for the work she has to do and the rude people she has to deal with?
No she does not get a bad rap. She deserves the rep she has.(example) A couple of years ago I was delivering bread to McKinnons. I parked my truck on Hosmer st. and was in the store for less than 2 min. she wrote me a ticket for blocking traffic. My truck is the size of a UPS truck and there's no place to park any way up there. I immediately to city hall and the ticket was squashed as soon as the clerk looked out the window at my truck. He said they are not supposed to ticket marked commercial vehicles while they are doing their jobs. She's a douche plain and simple.
Everett

Medford, MA

#12 Nov 5, 2011
Ok. Everybody complains about people parking near schools before and after school lets out. You can't please everybody.
lovely lady meter maid

Boston, MA

#15 Nov 5, 2011
An ex-neighbor came over my house to get a door key, so she could house-sit for us the following week.
Literally a 5 minute visit.

It's been a while since she lived here, so she forgot about the street sweeping, and towing.
I didn't think of it because the street sweeper HAD ALREADY GONE BY.

Standing in my doorway as I look behind her,
I see a tow truck has already backed up to her car, with the lovely meter maid is standing there, book in hand,
gabbing away with the tow guy, no ticket yet written.

I run past my friend, past the tow driver, and the lovely meter maid, and sit in the car.
(they can't tow it if you're inside it).

The disappointed tow guy pulls away,
the lovely meter maid says, angrily, like it was her money
"Well You Are Still Getting A Ticket!!!"
And scribbled us up a ticket like she lived for these moments.

Big deal princess, I'll take your crappy $20 ticket over a bogus $200 tow any day.

Drop the attitude, and maybe you won't read negativity about yourself on Topix.

I'm sure you write tons of tickets just like that,
I wonder if you remember mine?
FrankieTheFly

Everett, MA

#16 Nov 5, 2011
Dear Layafette "parents"....two words...Y'all Suck! Make your little monsters walk to effin school and stop effin up the neighborhood like the turd complaining above! And as a special shout out to morbidly obese blond broodsow with the future resident of the Billetica house of correction, pants hanging,sideways baseball hat wearing, mullato mini thug, who stuffs her enormous gullet with McDoubles while she's parked out front of my X (thank god) homestead who's too GD lazy to get out of her delapitated minivan to pick up her monster, so throws all her slop ang garbage out the effin window on my ex sidewalk DAILYl before screeching away to return to her section 8 absentee flophouse,.........You Suck!........Kinda Everett in Microcosum No? Glad I'm OUTTA THERE!:)
flo

Medford, MA

#19 Nov 5, 2011
Is Flo really her name?
Rita

Wayland, MA

#20 Nov 6, 2011
flo wrote:
Is Flo really her name?
Lovely Rita, Meta Maid. I don't think the "red head" gives tickets anymore, think she's in the office now. What she "gives" I can't say in public!!
wow

Boston, MA

#21 Nov 7, 2011
Question wrote:
the fat blonde who was a stripper in a past life?
a stripper really?
damn no wonder she was forced into a life of misery writing tickets
atleast people will pay her money to write tickets

Is it true

Wayland, MA

#22 Nov 7, 2011
It's kinda funny, all this about "Flo", but a bit catty. Nobody likes getting a ticket and it's unfair that city employees can get them fixed, and they all do. I think the City Hall parking lot should be for citizens to park in for their visit to do business there. It should NOT be for the convenience of it's employees. Like all business', employees should take spots further away than the front door, it's usually manditory for them. It's a courtesy for the patrons.
Everett resident

Everett, MA

#23 Nov 7, 2011
IT IS TRUE: You are 110% correct....That's quite a perk being able to park for FREE where you work but taking spaces from citizens who need to go into city hall on city business is just plain wrong and rude....and why not put meters in that lot like all the other lots in Everett ????? It may cost the employees some chump change daily but for someone going in on business (less than 1/2 hour say) it's pretty reasonable....

Oh oh I must be dreaming, ain't gonna happen.......
lisa

Boston, MA

#24 Nov 7, 2011
true dat wrote:
If Flo is the one who drives the black smart car,
she is a first class douche.
Ticket b!tc# is the perfect job for someone who takes pleasure in the suffering of others.
Please drive that smart car far far away,
and stay there.
hey is she the meter maid that has the short blonde hair if so never cared for her
oops

United States

#25 Nov 8, 2011
Everett resident wrote:
IT IS TRUE: You are 110% correct....That's quite a perk being able to park for FREE where you work but taking spaces from citizens who need to go into city hall on city business is just plain wrong and rude....and why not put meters in that lot like all the other lots in Everett ????? It may cost the employees some chump change daily but for someone going in on business (less than 1/2 hour say) it's pretty reasonable....

Oh oh I must be dreaming, ain't gonna happen.......
Why do you want this? Is it so you can come on here and complain when you go to city hall on personal business and can't find anyone because they're all out feeding the meters. You people are ridiculous. And unless you work in downtown Boston, most employers offer free parking for employees.
Why does everyone hate

Cambridge, MA

#26 Nov 8, 2011
Why does everyone hate the meter maids in every city? Could it be that they are doing their job?
Is it true

Wayland, MA

#27 Nov 8, 2011
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want this? Is it so you can come on here and complain when you go to city hall on personal business and can't find anyone because they're all out feeding the meters. You people are ridiculous. And unless you work in downtown Boston, most employers offer free parking for employees.
ON WHAT PLANET? You must be talking about alot of "private companies". A municipal parking lot is for the general public to use to perform their city and government transactions. Everett City Hall has a couple of "15 minute spots" for the "public" to use for this. They are always taken and the rest is for the convenience of those who work there. I am pretty sure they might even have one designated for the "employee of the month". How's that?
oops

United States

#28 Nov 8, 2011
Is it true wrote:
<quoted text>ON WHAT PLANET? You must be talking about alot of "private companies". A municipal parking lot is for the general public to use to perform their city and government transactions. Everett City Hall has a couple of "15 minute spots" for the "public" to use for this. They are always taken and the rest is for the convenience of those who work there. I am pretty sure they might even have one designated for the "employee of the month". How's that?
So teachers pay to park at work? Police officers? Fire Fighters? Public works employees? That's interesting, because I know none of them pay to park at work. Why should people at city hall be any different. And last time I checked, none of the above listed employers are private. How's that?
Is it true

Wayland, MA

#29 Nov 8, 2011
I see I hit a nerve with "oops". We are talking about a "MUNICIPAL BUILDING".{In all caps incase "oops" is hard of hearing and blind, as well as "simple minded".} Teachers have parking, only one fire station has parking for the workers. Publics works is a new building, I should hope the design included a parking area. You are talking about buildings that do not have the "traffic" of the public coming and going. We should have a place to park so we can utilize the building for services we need to pay for and NOT GET a TICKET while PAYING FOR A TICKET. It's only logical.....you must work there, right?
oops

Everett, MA

#30 Nov 8, 2011
Is it true wrote:
I see I hit a nerve with "oops". We are talking about a "MUNICIPAL BUILDING".{In all caps incase "oops" is hard of hearing and blind, as well as "simple minded".} Teachers have parking, only one fire station has parking for the workers. Publics works is a new building, I should hope the design included a parking area. You are talking about buildings that do not have the "traffic" of the public coming and going. We should have a place to park so we can utilize the building for services we need to pay for and NOT GET a TICKET while PAYING FOR A TICKET. It's only logical.....you must work there, right?
No I'm sorry to inform you that you did not hit a nerve, nor do I work in the city of Everett. I find it interesting that the only building that the public goes into to conduct business is city hall. I thought if you have a police issue you go to the police station. If you had an issue with the fire department I thought you would maybe go to a fire station. You obviously have an issue wig people at city hall because if you didn't you wouldn't care that the employees at city hall have a place to park when they go to work.
Just Saying

Westwood, NJ

#31 Nov 8, 2011
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm sorry to inform you that you did not hit a nerve, nor do I work in the city of Everett. I find it interesting that the only building that the public goes into to conduct business is city hall. I thought if you have a police issue you go to the police station. If you had an issue with the fire department I thought you would maybe go to a fire station. You obviously have an issue wig people at city hall because if you didn't you wouldn't care that the employees at city hall have a place to park when they go to work.
I think you missed this part of the persons post; "We should have a place to park so we can utilize the building for services we need to pay for and NOT GET a TICKET while PAYING FOR A TICKET. It's only logical"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News School Officials Say Low-Income Budget Change W... (Feb '16) 1 hr Painting the corners 19
aruba again 16 hr Reslly 4
lafayette school 18 hr Gippah 48
Patriot Skateboards 18 hr Tmag 4
News Bitter flaw in Melanie's law (Jul '08) Sun EverettCitizen 84
tom brady's comment Sun EverettCitizen 3
State Rep 2016 Race (Nov '15) Sun Really 35

Medford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Mortgages