Moorestown resident charged in Sea Is...

Moorestown resident charged in Sea Isle attack

There are 46 comments on the Burlington Times News story from Aug 23, 2006, titled Moorestown resident charged in Sea Isle attack. In it, Burlington Times News reports that:

A Moorestown resident was one of three men charged with aggravated assault, weapons possession and racial intimidation in connection with an early morning altercation with three off-duty police officers ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burlington Times News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Please Stand Up

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 23, 2006
We as American's are laughable. We are fighting a war in another country. Alleged reason, that those people are killing each other. The three animals that attacked the police officer are what America is really all about. They (actors) are extremely dangerous to our society and the nerves of NJ State to released these animals on bail. No way in hell they should be released into our society. They attacked police officer(s) with a bat. These are the men and women who risky there lives for us.They(predators) have been doing these acts for years. They just attacked the wrong persons this time.
We all are watching Sea Isle City NJ!
dee

Morton, PA

#2 Aug 25, 2006
I know one of these you men and he is not an animal He made a really really bad judgement under the influence of alcohol Lets get the other side of the story
beatlejuice

Lansing, MI

#3 Aug 25, 2006
that is a lame excuse. would it still have been bad judgement if it was a gun and not a bat or if the cop was disabled for life? If you drive under the influence and get in an accident and kill someone it is not bad judgement due to the alcohol it is MURDER!!
Anonymous

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 25, 2006
There is no "other side of the story". It is completely ridiculous to even make a comment like that.
Those three guys attacked a man who was on vacation walking home from the bar with a bat. It does not matter how drunk they were, to say they made a really, really bad decision is the understatement of the century.
Anonymous

Mount Laurel, NJ

#5 Aug 25, 2006
Let me tell you something. The media will do whatever they can to make a story as scandalous as possible. This story is not what it is cracked up to be, and I can assure you that soon enough, you will be reading that there was a lot of guilt from ALL parties involved (and a lot LESS guilt from the guys who's names were dragged through the mud), and that it was by no means a racial attack. Do I think it is right for ANYONE to use violence to solve a dispute? Not at all. But I also know that there are two sides to every story, and the side that sells more papers is going to be the one in print. Don't believe everything you read.
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Aug 25, 2006
Our society makes too many EXCUSES. Everyone has bad days, a chance of poor judgement but you acknowledge it and be RESPONSIBLE for ALL your actions.
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#7 Aug 25, 2006
Don't fret...he'll make a deal with the Prosecutors Office and he'll be back out there. Next time, since a lesson is learned...it could be YOU, YOur child or loved one...........
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#8 Aug 25, 2006
* isn't learned
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#9 Aug 25, 2006
why dont you understand the cause of the "true" story, before you pass judgement on these "animals". remember there are always 3 sides to every story: the one side, the other, and what actually happened. you were not there and the only story being explained is the story of the police officers. which is the one being shown because they are part of law inforcement. im sure that the race card is being thrown around so that maximum fines can be penetrated to the kids who were arrested. oh and by the way, one kid used a bat, not all 3, so get all sides of the story before passing judgement, and get a life.
Please Stand Up wrote:
We as American's are laughable. We are fighting a war in another country. Alleged reason, that those people are killing each other. The three animals that attacked the police officer are what America is really all about. They (actors) are extremely dangerous to our society and the nerves of NJ State to released these animals on bail. No way in hell they should be released into our society. They attacked police officer(s) with a bat. These are the men and women who risky there lives for us.They(predators) have been doing these acts for years. They just attacked the wrong persons this time.
We all are watching Sea Isle City NJ!
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#10 Aug 25, 2006
THANK YOU ANONYMOUS, I AGREE WITH YOUR POINT EXACTLY!!!!
Anonymous wrote:
Let me tell you something. The media will do whatever they can to make a story as scandalous as possible. This story is not what it is cracked up to be, and I can assure you that soon enough, you will be reading that there was a lot of guilt from ALL parties involved (and a lot LESS guilt from the guys who's names were dragged through the mud), and that it was by no means a racial attack. Do I think it is right for ANYONE to use violence to solve a dispute? Not at all. But I also know that there are two sides to every story, and the side that sells more papers is going to be the one in print. Don't believe everything you read.
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#11 Aug 25, 2006
FOR Anonymous
Plymouth Meeting, Pa. FIRST OF ALL I READ IN AN ARTICLE THAT ONE OF THEM USED A BAT, NOT ALL THREE. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT THESE POLICE OFFICERS DID NOT START THE INITIAL CONFRONTATION TO BEGIN WITH, ALSO, THERE WAS NOT JUST ONE PERSON INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT. THERE WERE 6. 3 ON ONE SIDE AND 3 ON THE OTHER. SURE, THE PERSON WHO USED A BAT SHOULD BE CHARGED TO THE EXTENT OF THE LAW, BUT HOW CAN 3 PEOPLE HOLD ONE BAT, EVEN WHEN THE OTHER TWO OFFICERS WERE ALSO INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT. IT WAS A FIGHT, NOT A BEATING. ONE OFFICE JUST HAD GOTTEN BEAT MORE THAN THE OTHER TWO. AS UNFORTUNATE AS IT IS AND AS SAD AS IT IS THAT ONE HAS TO USE A BAT TO FIGHT, IM SURE THESE KIDS JUST DID NOT SINGLE A GROUP OF GUYS OUT OF AN ENTIRE TOWN AND START VISCIOUSLY BEATING UP ONE IN A CROUND OF THREE. ONCE AGAIN THERE ARE ALOT OF "MAIN POINTS" THAT GET LEFT OUT OF EVERY STORY.
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Aug 25, 2006
I doubt the guy beat himself.....
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#13 Aug 25, 2006
Hello, common sense....you don't hit people with a bat. If others are there and do not stop the drunken friend....then they too are guilty.

Its not like the kids in Moorestown have not have Drunk Driving Education which explains behavior and accountability to the youths.
Ever see the ole smashed up car that they had on the schoolyard as part of their HS education.
Donovan

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Aug 25, 2006
dee wrote:
I know one of these you men and he is not an animal He made a really really bad judgement under the influence of alcohol Lets get the other side of the story
How many people in most murder, rape, robbery stories have neighhbors and friends that are totally baffled about the "kind, wonderful person".....who have commited the crime.
Anonymous

Cherry Hill, NJ

#15 Aug 25, 2006
Donovan, I agree with you. There is no reason for a bat to have been used by any stretch, and nothing, especially alcohol, is an excuse for that. However, there are a lot of details that were left out of this story, simply because the people involved were cops. This was not an attack. It was a fight, plain and simple, and the cops, before the bat was swung, were NOT victims by ANY means. One of those people wielded a bat and used racial slurs, and he deserves whatever he gets, because that is INexcusable. But the other two did not do either of those horrible things. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they will learn a lot about rethinking their decisions as to what kind of company they keep in the future.
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#16 Aug 25, 2006
for Donovan Riverside, NJ, you have no idea what you are talking about. put yourself in the situation of having someone pull out a bat in a drunken rage and try and stop them, you would want to get out of there. and by the way, the mooristown kid was not involved is was a random pedestrian walking down the street, please know what the hell ur talking about before you open ur opinionated mouth. and for Anonymous Mount Laurel, NJ ... thank you for your agreement, i have read all the articles on this incident, and people dont realize that their are many inconsistencies and shadows lying in the dark witht his incident as far as information goes, i guarentee it.
TSG

Braselton, GA

#17 Aug 25, 2006
racism go back a long way for Sea Isle New Jersey! who rides around at 3am with a bat in there car? some one looking for trouble....
Patrick

Norristown, PA

#18 Aug 25, 2006
From what I have seen, police men in bars have always acted like tough guys. I have been in bars where the local cops were verbally abusing people for no reason. Knowing that the person won't do anything because they are a cop.

How do you think they found out that the cops, were in fact cops? I have never seen a cop in a bar in uniform, so how'd they know?
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#19 Aug 25, 2006
I COULDNT AGREE MORE PATRICK, ALSO, IF THEY WERE COPS, WHY NOIT ADDRESS THEMSELVES AS COPS - NEVER WOULD HAVE STILL HAPPENED IF THEY WOULD HAVE IDENTIFIED THEMSELVES.
Patrick wrote:
From what I have seen, police men in bars have always acted like tough guys. I have been in bars where the local cops were verbally abusing people for no reason. Knowing that the person won't do anything because they are a cop.
How do you think they found out that the cops, were in fact cops? I have never seen a cop in a bar in uniform, so how'd they know?
realisticperson1 2345

Kent, WA

#20 Aug 25, 2006
BUT A BAT IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR ANY FIGHT, THAT IS FOR SURE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medford Lakes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
normandy drive flasher Sep 12 wildcat 3
News Closter police department to be evaluated (Feb '10) Sep 12 Steve persad 18
Anyone remember House on the Hill? (Sep '11) Sep 1 Dave 14
matthew justin bonchi Sep 1 mayz 2
Anybody know the story behind Holiday Lake? (May '06) Aug '16 latashac 324
respect the walmart cashiers! (Aug '09) Aug '16 dave 51
News 102 Caught Allegedly Trying to Buy Heroin (May '06) Aug '16 Pgrg3906 101

Medford Lakes Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Medford Lakes Mortgages