Henrico County Sex Sting: Henrico Police Arrest 26 People Accused o...

Full story: WTVR 38
A three-day sex crime sting in Henrico County nets 26 arrests for prostitution and solicitation of prostitution crimes. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnnyp

Richmond, VA

#2 Aug 21, 2010
seems like a waste of time and police / court / jail resources

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#3 Aug 21, 2010
Can you imagine how bad that jail stinks tonight??

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#4 Aug 21, 2010
Yeah, Did you have a look at those "honeys" they arrested? I'm surprised that they could even give it away lol.
Whatever

Colonial Heights, VA

#5 Aug 21, 2010
Ya know I really don't see the problem here.Why is prostitution illegal? The woman wants to sell it,the man wants to buy it so what is the issue?I say if they are both consenting adults it should be legal!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#6 Aug 21, 2010
Whatever wrote:
Ya know I really don't see the problem here.Why is prostitution illegal? The woman wants to sell it,the man wants to buy it so what is the issue?I say if they are both consenting adults it should be legal!
It is called a victimless crime. Whereas no injured party exists, society is considered the victim as their actions are illegal.

Only in Nevada is prostitution regulated, taxed and legal in America.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#7 Aug 21, 2010
These "victimless" crimes also carry with them the risk of contracting diseases which may or may not respond well to medicine. These "johns" probably have wives or significant others that will share in these extras. Also, most prostitutes are addicted to narcotics and to support their habits, they have no compunction to rob, steal and even kill. And you wonder why it is illegal? May I ask what planet you descended from?
goss

United States

#8 Aug 21, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called a victimless crime. Whereas no injured party exists, society is considered the victim as their actions are illegal.
Only in Nevada is prostitution regulated, taxed and legal in America.
Prostitution is illegal in Clark County which includes Las Vegas.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#9 Aug 21, 2010
goss wrote:
<quoted text>
Prostitution is illegal in Clark County which includes Las Vegas.
Not within city limits.
Jorge W Bush

Richmond, VA

#10 Aug 21, 2010
Redhaired girl and the light complexion black girl are cute. But its a crime just like jay walking, and sodomy between a married couple.
Legalize it, tax it, set it up in discreet areas and lets have some phone.
Nathan

Petersburg, VA

#11 Aug 21, 2010
greg in central va wrote:
These "victimless" crimes also carry with them the risk of contracting diseases which may or may not respond well to medicine. These "johns" probably have wives or significant others that will share in these extras. Also, most prostitutes are addicted to narcotics and to support their habits, they have no compunction to rob, steal and even kill. And you wonder why it is illegal? May I ask what planet you descended from?
Have you ever thought that maybe the reasons for so many sex workers being addicted or being in desperate is because their vocation is criminalized? yes, many are driven to the occupation because of desperate situations, but a lot of people don't "choose" to work at McDonalds or clean toilets, it doesn't mean these things are invalid ways to make money. I think many of these problems would be curbed if sex work was decriminalized. Also, you don't have to be a john or a sex worker to contract and spread an STD. I know far more people that do that through irresponsible casual sex, and we don't police that do we?
tom20

Midlothian, VA

#12 Aug 21, 2010
Jorge W Bush wrote:
Redhaired girl and the light complexion black girl are cute. But its a crime just like jay walking, and sodomy between a married couple.
Legalize it, tax it, set it up in discreet areas and lets have some phone.
Did you see the full size mugshots?? Cute from a long distance in the dark maybe....
Your Right

Shelbyville, IN

#13 Aug 21, 2010
Now they can be placed on the Sex-Offender registery and dilute it even more, what BS, How about the Legislators fix this mess,

The fear and loathing against Registered Sex Offenders that is currently considered acceptable needs to stop before additional Citizens and communities are harmed. Our Legislators need to rectify this mess they have created by bucketing ALL sexual related acts into Sex Offender Crimes. The broad brush that the Legislators have been allowed to use across our population will continue to grow until it reaches into your home and labels you and your family.
The Registries need to be returned to their original intent, to list only the most dangerous, untreatable and repeat offenders.
John In The South

Chesterfield, VA

#14 Aug 21, 2010
greg in central va wrote:
These "victimless" crimes also carry with them the risk of contracting diseases which may or may not respond well to medicine. These "johns" probably have wives or significant others that will share in these extras. Also, most prostitutes are addicted to narcotics and to support their habits, they have no compunction to rob, steal and even kill. And you wonder why it is illegal? May I ask what planet you descended from?
I hear you but it lacks logic. Dating in any form can "carry with them the risk of contracting diseases which may or may not respond well to medicine". Proper protection is the key.

Prostitution should be legal. It is a very simple issue: the actual act, a prostitute and her customer agreeing on an exchange of money for sex, violates no one's rights, and does not directly harm anyone else. Thus, it should be legal. However, some people do not seem to have clarity on the issue, and want to bring in lots of personal opinions and hogwash about how prostitution promotes drug-use, violence, STDs, etc. In fact, it is anti-prostitution laws which promote all of these things.

H e l l, it's the oldest successful business in history. A barter system at it's best.

Ladies, am I wrong? Give Johnny some love... how much did you say?

Love ya until next Friday,

John - A.K.A. Johnny Be Good
bigmike

Richmond, VA

#15 Aug 21, 2010
Is this really a good use of taxpayer funds?
LazyBoyLeroy

Martinsburg, WV

#16 Aug 21, 2010
Can they file for unemployment now?
goss

United States

#17 Aug 22, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not within city limits.
Yeah it's illegal in the city limits too.
Frank Smith

Richmond, VA

#18 Aug 22, 2010
Could that be "the" eric futterman...

http://www.eafcommunication.com/home.html
doa

Richmond, VA

#19 Aug 22, 2010
guess all other crime in henrico/richmond has been taken care od
yardman

Wilmington, DE

#20 Aug 22, 2010
Look, You pay taxes so the government can screw you which is legal so why is prostitution illegal. At least you get something for the money. She already has a use for the surplus money and don't have to have a meeting (with pay) like the government to decide who gets it..

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#21 Aug 22, 2010
John In The South wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you but it lacks logic. Dating in any form can "carry with them the risk of contracting diseases which may or may not respond well to medicine". Proper protection is the key.
Prostitution should be legal. It is a very simple issue: the actual act, a prostitute and her customer agreeing on an exchange of money for sex, violates no one's rights, and does not directly harm anyone else. Thus, it should be legal. However, some people do not seem to have clarity on the issue, and want to bring in lots of personal opinions and hogwash about how prostitution promotes drug-use, violence, STDs, etc. In fact, it is anti-prostitution laws which promote all of these things.
H e l l, it's the oldest successful business in history. A barter system at it's best.
Ladies, am I wrong? Give Johnny some love... how much did you say?
Love ya until next Friday,
John - A.K.A. Johnny Be Good
Well, I refrain from "dating" from the street corner or seedy motels. All I'm saying is the presence of drugs in the equation makes the prospect of a bad ending quite plausible.

With the second coming of the sexual revolution I find it amazing that one would pay for what some are so willing to give away free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 6 hr positronium 11,844
Unsung African American Hero Historical Society Sep 15 HSsjDourahthy 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Sep 13 Tony 1,358
Citizens of 7th Congressional District NOW HAVE... Sep 9 WeThePeople 1
Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell, Wife Charged With C... (Jan '14) Sep 7 VN Vet 14
MCDONNELLS subject to trans JAIL probing Sep 6 Cold Justic Probe 1
3rd man sentenced in theft of Va. Guard equipme... (May '12) Aug '14 firsthandknowledge 13
•••
•••
•••

Mechanicsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mechanicsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mechanicsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mechanicsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••