Search under way for new school super...

Search under way for new school superintendent

There are 3 comments on the The Kane Republican story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Search under way for new school superintendent. In it, The Kane Republican reports that:

The search is under way for a new superintendent of Kane schools. Sandra Chlopecki, who is in her fifth year as school superintendent, announced last month that she will retire next September.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kane Republican.

John

Altoona, PA

#1 Dec 17, 2008
It would be very wise if the Kane area School board hires someone who chooses to live in the community and county they serve and spends some of their tax dollars in that community. After all S. Chlopecki lived in Warren County all the time that she took tax dollars from the Kane community and is totaly responsible for the 23 million dollar fiasco she calls and upgrade of the KASD
Harold

Duncansville, PA

#2 Jan 1, 2009
John wrote:
It would be very wise if the Kane area School board hires someone who chooses to live in the community and county they serve and spends some of their tax dollars in that community. After all S. Chlopecki lived in Warren County all the time that she took tax dollars from the Kane community and is totaly responsible for the 23 million dollar fiasco she calls and upgrade of the KASD
I would have a tendency to agree with John. Having passed through that community a while ago I talked to the local constituants and they were all in agreement on the fact that the Kane area school board needs to start listening to the people of the community instead of going about things in their own way. That community cannot afford an expansion project of the nature that she has proposed.
Gordon Shumway

Ansonia, CT

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Harold wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have a tendency to agree with John. Having passed through that community a while ago I talked to the local constituants and they were all in agreement on the fact that the Kane area school board needs to start listening to the people of the community instead of going about things in their own way. That community cannot afford an expansion project of the nature that she has proposed.
I agree that any public service executive should be required to live in the community they serve, first and foremost to pump some of those wages back into the local economy. Having lived in Kane for almost half my life I can probably say with a great deal of accuracy that the KASD Superintendent's salary ranks up in the top 10% of the salary band in Kane. Of course with the KASD, that could also be out in the townships and if I remember right, that district also passes into Elk County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Aug 16 Michael S 113
------a question about height------ (Jan '17) Aug 6 Craig 9
Business Fraud! Jul 27 Code library 4
News Cumberland County considers fighting blight wit... May '17 Jrh 1
News Tempers erupt, police called to Susquehanna Twp... (Nov '13) May '17 RealFrank 2
Review: West Shore Auto Care Inc (Feb '17) Feb '17 jic 2
News Blue and Gray Bar & Grill opens in Gettysburg (Apr '12) Feb '17 Steve Gratman 217

Mechanicsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mechanicsburg Mortgages