Girl flown to Hershey following crash

Full story: Public Opinion 9
Three people were taken to the hospital - including one girl who was flown by helicopter - following a crash on Williams Grove Road. Full Story
tora

Greensboro, NC

#1 Jun 8, 2011
Someone wasn't wearing their seat belt. Good luck recovering.
shorty

Laurel, MD

#2 Jun 8, 2011
are you serious!!!! "good luck recovering" this is a child that you are talking about. Have some compassion. If you dont have aything nice to say please dont say anyhing.
Common Sense

Mercersburg, PA

#3 Jun 8, 2011
i wonder if it was cherry or mint chapstick
Get Serious

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Jun 8, 2011
I am appalled by Tora and Common Sense's (not sure your name fits)comments. You are talking about someone's child. You need to learn some manners. Our family loss a neice to an accident. The original report stated she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Yet, we NEVER saw her without it. It was discovered that when her arm was broken in several places, she could have hit the top of the seatbelt and released it.
It is very cruel and also cowardly to say such ignorant comments. You can only hope that someday it is not one of your family members and that you don't have to live the nightmare of driving to a hospital (over an hour away) wondering if your love one is alive or dead.
I am very tired of this type of poor character when you have little regard for others. Grow up!
getreal

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Jun 8, 2011
Get Serious wrote:
I am appalled by Tora and Common Sense's (not sure your name fits)comments. You are talking about someone's child. You need to learn some manners. Our family loss a neice to an accident. The original report stated she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Yet, we NEVER saw her without it. It was discovered that when her arm was broken in several places, she could have hit the top of the seatbelt and released it.
It is very cruel and also cowardly to say such ignorant comments. You can only hope that someday it is not one of your family members and that you don't have to live the nightmare of driving to a hospital (over an hour away) wondering if your love one is alive or dead.
I am very tired of this type of poor character when you have little regard for others. Grow up!
Get real, if the juvenile was old enough to be using the adult seat belt and she was not and the driver did not insist she wear it, then where is the compassion supposed to come from, buckle up at ANY age!! I doubt seriously the belt become unbuckled because of the force, I myself was a passenger in a head on crash 25 years ago, i smashed into the windshield and was thrown back against the seat till the back of the seat bent backwards, NEVER did the belt become unbuckled.. if not for the belt, I would have been thrown out and ejected as well.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 9, 2011
There are many reasons the girl could have been ejected. Maybe she was too little for a seat belt and came right out of it. Maybe she was in a car seat and it wasn't correctly installed. Just because this girl was ejected from the car doesn't necessarily mean the driver was negligent right off the bat. 1996 Toyota probably doesn't have the safety features that newer cars have. I wonder if it has the bracket for the tether strap needed for car seats?
I wish the girl well and a speedy recovery and I hope the family stays strong for her.
Get Serious

Shippensburg, PA

#7 Jun 9, 2011
getreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Get real, if the juvenile was old enough to be using the adult seat belt and she was not and the driver did not insist she wear it, then where is the compassion supposed to come from, buckle up at ANY age!! I doubt seriously the belt become unbuckled because of the force, I myself was a passenger in a head on crash 25 years ago, i smashed into the windshield and was thrown back against the seat till the back of the seat **** backwards, NEVER did the belt become unbuckled.. if not for the belt, I would have been thrown out and ejected as well.
You missed the point of my previous comments. People are just plain rude and have no manners when posting comments about a young girl who life in hanging in the lines. You can get out educate about seatbelts. Sure they save lives. Point is....it is not the time and place to post such ignorant comments when the child is fighting for her life...it is called compassion. Sadly...there are a lot of people who just don't get it because they have not had to make that drive to the hospital to find out that their child has died.
Hmm

Mechanicsburg, PA

#8 Jun 9, 2011
Even wearing your seatbelt you won't save your life. They don't always save lives.

I have been seeing many stories with young adults/teenagers losing their lives in auto accidents.

SLOW DOWN! SAVE A LIFE!

(Not saying this is their case however a majority of the time speed is the major factor in accidents).
OMG

Landisburg, PA

#9 Jun 9, 2011
shorty wrote:
are you serious!!!! "good luck recovering" this is a child that you are talking about. Have some compassion. If you dont have aything nice to say please dont say anyhing.
AMEN to you. People are just heartless at best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 8 hr Scapegoat 51,531
Craft beer boom has central Pennsylvania brewer... 21 hr Joe 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue Skip Intel - Blam... 4,021
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 29 R Nixon 186
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Sep 14 Sthomas 31
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
York County man accused of assaulting 7-year-ol... Jun '14 Anonymous 9
Mechanicsburg Dating
Find my Match

Mechanicsburg Jobs

Mechanicsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mechanicsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mechanicsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]