Girl charged for falsely accusing sch...

Girl charged for falsely accusing school official of assault

There are 21 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 29, 2011, titled Girl charged for falsely accusing school official of assault. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Upper Allen Township Police charged an 11-year-old girl last week after she fabricated an allegation that a school official assaulted her at Mechanicsburg Middle School, according to a news release.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bro1856

Cockeysville, MD

#1 Mar 29, 2011
This little twit needs to be punished to the point where she is still feeling it 20 years from now (financially).
Ace Hole

New Freedom, PA

#2 Mar 29, 2011
The school official should now be allowed 15 minutes to beat the kid as her punishment.
Mr Final Word

Stewartstown, PA

#3 Mar 29, 2011
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
beia120

Hanover, MD

#4 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
Yes, they make mistakes. That's when it becomes the parents' role to correct the mistakes and punish the children accordingly. If she doesn't learn the consequences to her actions, she'll just be another waste of space taking no responsibility for their actions and blaming everything on everyone else.
something

Westminster, MD

#5 Mar 29, 2011
She should absolutely be punished. I also wonder what would drive a child to lie to this extent. Why would she want to get out of school so badly that she was willing to lie about a teacher? Seems there is much more going on here. At 11 you should know that lying in this manner is VERY serious. I think this shows signs of abuse/bullying/ or maybe even mental illness.
Just the facts

AOL

#6 Mar 29, 2011
West Manchester Twp Police need to learn a lesson here. Det. Smith, now Chief Smith in that dept allowed a 16 year old to get away without even a slap on the wrist after costing a family
over $3000 and a world of hurt.
That was in 1984, and the problems
still remain. Fortunatly, the trouble maker is long gone, dead. The only way justice was given.
factual

Dover, PA

#7 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
And this CHILD could have completely ruined the career and reputation of this school official. This is no minor offense! Thank God there was enough evidence to prove the teacher's innocence, otherwise he/she might never work in education again. Sorry but punishment should send a strong message.
Bad Girls

Manheim, PA

#8 Mar 29, 2011
This happens more often than not in todays society. A lot of these kids can only get attention if they make up stories, and create drama. They hide behind the fact that they're juveniles and nothing will happen to them if their lies are exposed, and in the meantime someone's reputation is on the line. It's not a perfect system, fact far from it.
Comrade Boris

New Providence, PA

#9 Mar 29, 2011
I thought our society had risen above the concept of physical punishment. "Beat her"? Why not "hang her from the yardarm" or 20 lashes with a "cat-o-nine tails" or pull out her fingernails, etc. It sounds as though the entire family should be assessed. Why? Any child is a reflection of parental guidence or lack thereof. If her thought processes allowed her to act out in an abberant manner, a qualified panel should examine the "whole" child. The parents should also be examined to determine what evidently is missing in that family to result in such behavior of the child. You can't put an "old head on young shoulders".
Not Sure

Culpeper, VA

#10 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
Where the hell do you draw the line? Shoplifting, grand theft auto, murder?? When should they be held responsible? I have made mistakes, paid for them, never cried about it, and guess what else,,,,,,,,,,learned a freaking lesson from it.

Nope, lets just let it go. Then what happens next time this deviant comes up with another brilliant (pre-meditated) idea?

Go hug a tree
old timer

Lenhartsville, PA

#11 Mar 29, 2011
Bro1856 wrote:
This little twit needs to be punished to the point where she is still feeling it 20 years from now (financially).
Apply the solution to the seat of the problem!
Vince McMahon

York, PA

#12 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
You sound like just the person to counsel and turn this child to the straight and narrow. Now when she says that you touched her inappropriately...
Morton

New Providence, PA

#13 Mar 29, 2011
Sounds like Comrade Boris has it right to me.
What is really sad even though the teacher did not attack the girl the false accusation was made and is still some what damaging to the teachers reputation this type of accusations could follow the teacher the rest of their life.
Cheetah

Mount Laurel, NJ

#14 Mar 29, 2011
The punishment for false allegations such as these should be the same as it would have been for the accused if the charges would have be proved.
silly libtard

Stewartstown, PA

#16 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
Remember this when some kid charges falsely of sexual assault. Ok . Will you think the child is a baby, then?
Just_Me

United States

#17 Mar 29, 2011
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Apply the solution to the seat of the problem!
Brilliant!!!
dbl

Camp Hill, PA

#18 Mar 29, 2011
Mr Final Word wrote:
For Gods sake, she is a CHILD! Children make mistakes its all a part of the learning process and growing up. You are probably the same people that think its ok to beat a baby because it cries too much. Compassion. What comes around , goes around. Remember that.
mr final word, what would you say if the teacher had lost their job. what if it was inconclusive, even though innocent. ruined in the profession, ruined in the community. sounds like the 11 year old needs a real a** whoppin by the parents. probably never had one.7024
Ex-city dweller

Red Lion, PA

#19 Mar 29, 2011
Throw the little "c" in juvue
Ex-city dweller

Red Lion, PA

#20 Mar 29, 2011
Juvie
James

Fogelsville, PA

#21 Mar 29, 2011
This will follow the school official around for the rest of time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Sat Jennifer Jackson 102
------a question about height------ Mar '17 Craig 7
Review: West Shore Auto Care Inc Feb '17 jic 2
News Blue and Gray Bar & Grill opens in Gettysburg (Apr '12) Feb '17 Steve Gratman 217
News PSP trooper charged with DUI, was Troop H spoke... Dec '16 bubba navy 3
wow actavis discontinued but you can still get ... (Jan '16) Dec '16 Generation Wuss 4
News Organization calls male circumcision unnecessar... (Oct '16) Oct '16 intactivist 1

Mechanicsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mechanicsburg Mortgages