Traffic stop on Interstate 81 leads t...

Traffic stop on Interstate 81 leads to road rage charges

There are 21 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Traffic stop on Interstate 81 leads to road rage charges. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Wednesday, Sept. 1 -- Pennsylvania State Police in Carlisle stopped two people and charged them both with careless driving after the two were involved in what police called a "rolling road rage incident" Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Motoring

Geigertown, PA

#1 Sep 1, 2010
I witness this type of angry driver often on I-81. The latest road rage incident I saw involved a woman throwing food out of her sunroof. I guess she thought the car behind her was tailgating. The guy passed her on the right and braked in her lane. She drove in the median and nearly flipped the car. I don't know what makes people so angry when they drive. The nicest person sometimes becomes the Hulk behind the wheel.
Darth Vader

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Sep 1, 2010
Yea, Just give em half a peace sign and keep on going

Since: Jan 10

Littleton, CO

#3 Sep 1, 2010
They "were stopped neat exit 37" ???????

Wonder why he was not charged with propulsion of a missile?????
Steve

United States

#4 Sep 1, 2010
"The nicest person sometimes becomes the Hulk behind the wheel"

Same thing when people carry guns. They start fights because they have a gun.
Con Man

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Sep 1, 2010
Seems there is a lot of that here lately. Just the other day I was leaving the Medicine Shoppe trying to turn left on Second St. No one would let me out so I sat there and sat there until finally I saw a break, the guy was maybe 50 yards from me and I pulled out he sped up laid on his horn and saluted me with both fingers. The light was red so why he did this I have no clue since I didn't slow him down any. Like most of us I wanted to get out of the car rip him out and settle it right there but instead I said a Prayer for him which calmed me down and we both went on our way with no problems.
Stupid

Chambersburg, PA

#6 Sep 1, 2010
I saw these 2 dummys.they flu by me and they were going faster then 85 at that time i tell you what.They both even at one time went down the break down lane to pass cars..Why don't people think any more.i used to be hot headed when i drove i admit that.But in this day and age it's not worth getting out going up to someones window just so some body can put a bullet in your head.It's not like way back when.When fist took care of some thing's.Now every one just want's to shoot you for stupid reason.
Hayseed

Geigertown, PA

#7 Sep 1, 2010
Insurance companies will raise their rates after they are charged with a road rage incident. The state will issue points against their driving record and if they exceed 5-6 points - it could mean a suspended license and an expensive trip to driving school.
Road rage is dangerous. If you kill or injure someone, you could go to jail. Depending on what the trooper witnesses you could still get locked up.
Motoring

Geigertown, PA

#8 Sep 1, 2010
I just saw a guy on the crosswalk on Main Street near the Capitol. Several cars passed by as the man was crossing. He flipped them off in anger. Do motorist have any idea what's at stake if they hit a pedestrian at a crosswalk? There's no place you have to be that's worth losing your house, cars and every dime you make following a lawsuit.
Slow down. The more you have, the more you stand to lose.
goodjob

Carlisle, PA

#9 Sep 1, 2010
Everyone (especially police departments) needs to become familiar with Driving Law Chapter 33, Subchapter A, Section 3313 (d).

It is the most important law in driving, yet unfortunately, one of the least enforced.
Paddy McWackov

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Sep 1, 2010
I am amazed how many people worry about what someone behind them are doing.

Watch the road and not your mirror.
fake id

Elizabethtown, PA

#11 Sep 1, 2010
goodjob wrote:
Everyone (especially police departments) needs to become familiar with Driving Law Chapter 33, Subchapter A, Section 3313 (d).
It is the most important law in driving, yet unfortunately, one of the least enforced.
WHAT??? How does citing 3313 (d) be the most important traffic law.... If you read the subsection (d)(1)et al, you will realize just because the highway has two or more lanes... sometimes the safest lane is not the right lane. For example: on a three lane road the center lane is always the safest not to cause confusion... It takes away from interfering with folks speeding in the left lane and you do not need to deal with the merging traffic in the right lane. Other than that, citing this section is definitely not the most important law. Being curtious and respectful of others on the road is the most common sense rule of the road... If that was fixed all other laws would not be needed.
English Teacher

Waynesboro, PA

#12 Sep 2, 2010
Stupid wrote:
I saw these 2 dummys.they flu by me and they were going faster then 85 at that time i tell you what.They both even at one time went down the break down lane to pass cars..Why don't people think any more.i used to be hot headed when i drove i admit that.But in this day and age it's not worth getting out going up to someones window just so some body can put a bullet in your head.It's not like way back when.When fist took care of some thing's.Now every one just want's to shoot you for stupid reason.
Dear Stupid,

Thank you for improving your driving skills. I suggest you now work on our spelling, punctuation and capitalization skills.

Best Regards
rvette01

Chambersburg, PA

#13 Sep 2, 2010
Why didn't they get a Speeding Ticket aso? 87 in a 65!

Since: Aug 10

Culpeper, VA

#15 Sep 2, 2010
goodjob wrote:
I'm sure the Police are aware of the driving laws, but it'
s a matter of having enough resources to witness offenders, and yet not have Taxpayers whine about how much it costs. It's the same issue with Teacher salaries and class sizes...you get what you pay for. If people would use teir cell phones to report offenders rather than chatty BS, a lot offenders might actually get caught. The other issue is pure driving studity. If you consider the dumbest person you've ever met...they have a drivers license and make decisions at 65 mph.
THINK

Greencastle, PA

#16 Sep 2, 2010
Dear English Teacher,..Remarks like that is what pisses people off!!! How are you at driving????

Location hidden

#17 Sep 2, 2010
i was not there

“READ FAST my posts are DELETED”

West Of Chambersburg

#18 Sep 2, 2010
taterthecat wrote:
i was not there
No kidding tweddle! You weren't there? Maybe you were pretending to be Super Republican - dispenser on Rush Limbaughs dittohead twaddle on your computer.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/twaddl...
Luvn Labs

Grantville, PA

#19 Sep 2, 2010
THINK wrote:
Dear English Teacher,..Remarks like that is what pisses people off!!! How are you at driving????
I think English Teacher's comment is quite funny.
English Teacher

Waynesboro, PA

#20 Sep 2, 2010
Luvn Labs wrote:
<quoted text>
I think English Teacher's comment is quite funny.
Thank you. That is how it was intended.
Astounded

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Sep 2, 2010
Steve wrote:
"The nicest person sometimes becomes the Hulk behind the wheel"
Same thing when people carry guns. They start fights because they have a gun.
Any proof of this, or do you always make things up as you go along?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Flaggers bear rage of Franklin County motorists (Aug '09) Jun 25 NPG 45
test Jun 20 jeep 2
News Mechanicsburg man charged after hit-and-run Jun 8 Barry 1
jeep Jun 7 jeep 1
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jun 2 Tammy DeLucia 73
voteTrump May '16 der 7
News What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) May '16 Zeke the Pinhead 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mechanicsburg Mortgages