State pops the cork on two wine kiosks

State pops the cork on two wine kiosks

There are 27 comments on the InYork story from Jun 25, 2010, titled State pops the cork on two wine kiosks. In it, InYork reports that:

Grocery shoppers will now be able to buy wine at two self-service kiosks in the Harrisburg area now that a state pilot program has kicked off.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Follow the Money

York, PA

#22 Jun 27, 2010
The other thing PA misses out on are all the wonderful craft beers and small wineries that make really fantastic beverages. In other states you can ask your local grocery store to stock your favorite wine. In PA the wine inventory is decided by a bureaucrat. In states like Virginia and North Carolina you can visit an establishment like Total Wine and by an INDIVIDUAL BOTTLE of a craft beer to try. In PA, IF you can get it, you have to buy a case, and if you don't like the new beer, what do you do with the other 23 bottles? PA will not even ALLOW other states to ship wine to PA, meaning those of us who have regional wines that we love cannot even have it shipped to us from out of state, no matter the price or tax, we are not ALLOWED to have it shipped in, period. And every time this comes up in Harrisburg, the Distributors and Wholesalers are the ones funding the campaign to prevent it; usually with ads firing up the Religious Reich's anti-alcohol fervor.(start sarcasm) Yes, people drink so much less alcohol when they are forced to buy WHOLE CASES at a time.(end sarcasm) Idiots.
Chad

York, PA

#23 Jun 28, 2010
Follow the Money wrote:
PA will not even ALLOW other states to ship wine to PA, meaning those of us who have regional wines that we love cannot even have it shipped to us from out of state, no matter the price or tax, we are not ALLOWED to have it shipped in, period.
It's funny because in Maryland its the exact opposite. You can ONLY have wines from other states shipped in. Maryland residents cannot order Maryland wines online. Clearly one of these states has it wrong..my vote is both.
LOOKRN

Hernando, FL

#24 Jun 28, 2010
I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA FOR ANYBODY ON THE GO GROCERY SHOPPING AND CANT MAKE IT TO THE STATE STORE!
lookrn

Hernando, FL

#25 Jun 28, 2010
I think its a good idea to buy wine while you do your grocery shopping!
Big Wino

Harleysville, PA

#26 Jun 28, 2010
This kiosk is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I love it. Everyone at the wegmans was talking about it. The plcb should put spirits in the kiosk as well.
Follow the Money

York, PA

#27 Jun 29, 2010
Some of these comments are amazing. Pay no attention to what is behind the curtain. Watch the smoke and mirrors. Bread and Circuses. Sheep to the slaughter. Critical Thinking is obviously a lost art. Play with your new toys while the PLCB continues to rip you off.
ken kweeder

Philadelphia, PA

#28 Jul 1, 2010
Its now a federal law that all states must have barcode and magnetic strip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mechanicsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Businesses in New Kingstown starting 1800's thr... (Oct '08) Jun 14 Jennifer Tango 2
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Jun 10 churchladyvirginia 45
News Cumberland County man disappears from nudist ca... May '15 nudistpersonalsorg 1
News Silver Spring Township Planning Commission forw... Apr '15 anonymous 1
Private Stock meat company (Oct '11) Apr '15 Well informed 41
pros and con's?! Jan '15 WenSaint 1
Rude manger at Target a must read (Dec '14) Dec '14 dissatisfied cust... 1
More from around the web

Mechanicsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mechanicsburg Mortgages