Ray & Carol Motel? Fountain of Youth Spa?

Posted in the Mecca Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Sea info

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Hello,

When we were exploring the Salton Sea earlier this year, we saw a place that looked interesting, called the Ray & Carol Motel. It was for sale. Does anyone know if it sold, or how to get pics of it? Is it possible to stay there now?

Also, what about the Fountain of Youth Spa? I would like to know if that is a nice place too.

There are very few ratings on the internet for Salton Sea lodging and current info is hard to find.

“I'm a Multifacted Personality ”

Since: Nov 07

West Shores of the Salton Sea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2008

Fountain of youth is on the other side of the Sea. Call the Chamber of Commerce at three nine four four one one two and ask about pics, motels and such or you can email them at WestShoresChamber@gmail.com

Hope that helps

Imari
Sea info

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

Thank you Imari.

Are you the lone ambassador for the Salton Sea? ;-)

I wish it wasn't so hard to get information on where to stay. I am fairly good at searches and there is very little information out there.
Sea info

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

Hi again,

I have been trying to get information on Ray & Carol's Motel but no reply, no website. Is it still open for business???
Sea info

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2008

So can anyone quit arguing long enough to help someone visit the sea? Or is the best advice to spend my lodging money in Borrago?

*sigh*

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2008

Sea info wrote:
So can anyone quit arguing long enough to help someone visit the sea? Or is the best advice to spend my lodging money in Borrago?
*sigh*
Contact American Dreams RE in Salton City, they have Ray & Carols listed. I know is open for buisness though her name is LaVon and her number is 3 9 4 4 5 5 3
Sea info

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Thank you for the information, Imari. I've thought about it and it seems strange to call a realtor to try to book a hotel room.

We try to support local businesses but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I've called their number a few times and no answer, no callback.:-(
Long Time Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

Sea info,
Unfortunately the local Chamber of the West Shores seems to be to embroiled in personality conflicts to pay attention to their business!
Thus PROMOTING THE WEST SIDE OF THE SALTON SEA!
Sad, but true.
You are right. Finding any viable information promoting the Salton Sea or in particular the WEST side of the Sea is lacking. There is a tremendous amount of information here just waiting to be told -- unfortunately it, evidently, can't be found at the Chamber of Commerce.
Talking to the local realtors or the West Shores Salton Community Services District employees will provide you with a great more amount of knowledge than the current West Shores Chamber of Commerce. Even local residents will give you more favorable information.
I always try to promote any entity on the West Shores, but the current PERSONAL vendetta existing within the Chamber is not even to be considered ADULT, let alone businees-like!
I hope they will eventually work things out and then provide the information to the public that they are entrusted to do.
For the good of this community, I wish them luck.
1MoreTime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

The number I have is 7 6 0 3 9 4 0 0 6 2
Good Luck

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

There is a closed session of the Chamber December 3 around 4:15PM.

This session is to dicuss certain issues that have come to light, no members shall be allowed in for this meeting,

but I'd suggest if members and residents have issues they can email before November 20th to wscc.secretary @ gmail . com so they can be incuded in the closed session disscusions.

The regular business meeting for the Chamber is December 8th at 5PM that is open to the membership as well as the public, there will be a report read into the record about the Dec 3 closed session then.

Imari
Long Time Resident wrote:
Sea info,
Unfortunately the local Chamber of the West Shores seems to be to embroiled in personality conflicts to pay attention to their business!
Thus PROMOTING THE WEST SIDE OF THE SALTON SEA!
Sad, but true.
You are right. Finding any viable information promoting the Salton Sea or in particular the WEST side of the Sea is lacking. There is a tremendous amount of information here just waiting to be told -- unfortunately it, evidently, can't be found at the Chamber of Commerce.
Talking to the local realtors or the West Shores Salton Community Services District employees will provide you with a great more amount of knowledge than the current West Shores Chamber of Commerce. Even local residents will give you more favorable information.
I always try to promote any entity on the West Shores, but the current PERSONAL vendetta existing within the Chamber is not even to be considered ADULT, let alone businees-like!
I hope they will eventually work things out and then provide the information to the public that they are entrusted to do.
For the good of this community, I wish them luck.
Mike

Escondido, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2009

I am a new owner, long time visiter to the Westshore area. Ray & Carols is still for sale, as of a couple of weeks ago. By Owner.

But that is all I know.

The new grocery store has closed!
Lets see what else they can chase away!
MooMoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2009

What do you mean:The new grocery store has closed. "Lets see what else they can chase away!"??
Reality Checker Isle 3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2009

Sorry for your loss MooMoo but if there isn't enough customers to support a store then the store will go belly up like a fish die on the shores of the Salton Sea.
I have heard though that the owner of the building (Dennis Rieger)is going to put a small grocery store and a small hardware store in that building. there was a third thing that was mentioned on being put in there but what it was escapes me at the moment.
Again, without the customer base it will be a losing proposition also.

“Salton Sea Supporter”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Here on the east side of the lake (North Shore) we will soon have a visitor center open inside the North Shore Beach & Yacht Club. There will also be a small museum, a community center and a juice/sandwich bar.
Also located on the east side is Bombay Beach, Fountain of Youth and Niland.
Reality Checker Isle 3

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Why'd you include Niland in your comment Jennie?
SaltonLee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2009

I will have to call LaVon and stay at Ray and Carols next time I'm down.
Rastakins

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Ray and Carol's just went up for sale in September 2010. They are asking $225K. It has just four rooms plus the owner's unit. Right next to the campground and boat launch. Not sure if it is currently open. The listing realtor is at 760 three three three 33 5 7.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 23 at 2:28PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
Mecca Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Mecca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000