Man dies after shooting at Mebane club

Man dies after shooting at Mebane club

There are 10 comments on the Burlington Times News story from May 2, 2010, titled Man dies after shooting at Mebane club. In it, Burlington Times News reports that:

A man died after he was shot near a downtown nightclub early Sunday. Police and emergency workers responded to a shooting early Sunday morning near 5th Street and Center Drive shortly before 2 a.m. Paramedics removed the injured man from the back seat of a black Lexus and took him to a Life Flight helicopter several blocks away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Burlington Times News.

gina b

Mebane, NC

#1 May 2, 2010
you can not blame this on red dimaond yea theirs fights and stuff that goes on and their fights and drunk people at ground zero and stumblin pig i have been in red diamond more than 20 times and have never seen a fight break out. 1 time 2 girls got to argueing and they were ask to leave and i was their when this happen and the guy that shot him had not even been in red diamond that night so how can people blame it on the bar, shit happens everywhere in this world all the time like this,
Sharon

Mebane, NC

#2 May 3, 2010
The Red Diamond is the source of this senceless Tragidy! They have been nothing but trouble since they arrived in Mebane. My Friends and I both frequent Ground Zero and never have I seen anything pop off in that Bar or outside of it and if an altercation happens, it is over before it starts! I will say this, since The Diamond came to Mebane, We want walked down the street passed it because of the vulgar slurs and comments that they scream at you. Both parties where leaving that bar when this happenend.(multiple eye witnesses). Please shut them down!
On your Side

Mebane, NC

#3 May 3, 2010
I am with you on this one Sharon. That place,(The Red Diamond) is trouble!!! Mebane was a quite place before that bar. I hope that the Mebane polce will see this for what it is and Shut that bar down! This only proves who is touble and who is not!
What

Mebane, NC

#4 May 3, 2010
Girl, Where have you been? I have frequented that bar and have seen more crap in there than I see in a month at other Bars. Just face it, They need to leave town because the Diamond is nothing but trouble. My Girl and I want go there anymore because of that mess!
John

Kernersville, NC

#5 May 4, 2010
I've been to the Red Diamond many times. This is a totally isolated Incidents . I personal know the owner and his son. They are very respectable individuals. I personally don’t believe they should bare the blame for a few ignorant individuals that have a beef and decide to settle it outside of there establishment. I feel that shuting down the Red Diamond would be a mistake. It is not only good for the revitalization of downtown Mebane; it also enhances the cultural diversity of a beautiful city.
Dear John

Mebane, NC

#6 May 5, 2010
To John's Reply, I know them as well and have watch the son make that bar what it is today! Trouble! I am Black so you can not say this is Racial thing. I hope that the Police are out side thier Door everytime they are open. I really hope that they will try to SALVAGE thier Reputations and leave Our Great Town alone!!!!
Mr Educated

Burlington, NC

#7 May 6, 2010
Damn! Quit bitching about the bar and take your asses back to school to learn how to spell!
John

Kernersville, NC

#8 May 6, 2010
I personally don’t believe the Red Diamond is trouble. Some of the people who actually go there may be trouble or have issues, and when you top that off with alcohol consumption, you have a recipe for disaster. I am not calling it racism, but it is threading a thin line. Although the stumbling pig and ground zero has never had a murder case on their premises they do have their own issues that are rarely publicized. Instead of the negative ridicule of the Red Diamond, we should try to be more constructive. We could encourage the owner to enforce a dress code to upgrade their clientele. There are several other measures that they could take to actually make their establishment a better tenant of our great town.
HAHA

Kennesaw, GA

#9 Aug 21, 2013
Owner is a well known local drug dealer and the town of Hillsborough or should I say orange county know this. And local idiots follow him as if he's a god.
tony in mebane

Mebane, NC

#10 Jan 3, 2014
i knew that something like this was going to happen.. people need to stop this crazy mess, need to be ashamed. its so sad that this young man had to lose his life for something as stupid as this.. mebane downtown is a very peaceful place to just hangout, shop, dine out , just a great place to live as well.. #STOPTHEMADNESS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mebane Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alamance Co. Man Charged With Sex Offenses With... (Oct '08) Jun '16 VICTIM 20
News Program Helps Unemployed Dads Pay Child Support (Oct '10) Jun '16 Classof10 hamco 68
stolen pink purse May '16 abc123 1
#ncnaked (May '15) May '16 Jerebear_006 2
News web1_160503_FoodDrive-R5.jpg May '16 Hammondm 1
Review: Faulkner's Dance & Gymnastics (Dec '08) May '16 samgrant43 14
Living in Cary (Mar '06) Apr '16 Yankee Dave 506

Mebane Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mebane Mortgages