Has anyone had the ESSURE BIRTH CONTR...
uh oh

Owensboro, KY

#42 Feb 4, 2013
nuttin is 100% sure! learn to use another method as well. Unless she has no uterus she can get preg.
shanice

United States

#43 Feb 8, 2013
I had my procedure done in oct11 and I've been having pelvic pain since i had it and am trying to get it out
Danielle

Haslet, TX

#44 Feb 8, 2013
shanice wrote:
I had my procedure done in oct11 and I've been having pelvic pain since i had it and am trying to get it out
Shanice,
Please visit essureprocedure.net there are many women in the same situation as you! Good luck, and I am sorry that you are going through the pain! I have Essure and horrible pain too! You are not alone, there are lot us and alot of stories on the essureprocedure.net . Good luck!
Rosie

Bronx, NY

#45 Feb 15, 2013
I had the procedure done in 2009. I had no problems and actually lost alot of weight immediately following the procedure. But for the past year I have been getting bad headaches and lower abdominal pains. My muscles hurt all the time and im always tired. The doctors say that nothing is wrong with me.
Danielle

Rowlett, TX

#46 Feb 16, 2013
Rosie wrote:
I had the procedure done in 2009. I had no problems and actually lost alot of weight immediately following the procedure. But for the past year I have been getting bad headaches and lower abdominal pains. My muscles hurt all the time and im always tired. The doctors say that nothing is wrong with me.
Rosie, I am so sorry! We have all been told that nothing is wrong. Please visit the website at
www.essureprocedure.net . These are our stories, I have had Essure since 2007 and will be having a hystercomtry in March. I have been left with no other options because of all the damage and auto immune disease that Essure causes Chronic Inflammation.
We all support each other, please view and feel free to write your story as well! There is hope I promise, yes there is something wrong Essure! Much luck to you!
Ali

Jasper, GA

#48 Feb 21, 2013
I had the Essure procedure about 5 weeks ago. I really researched the doctor and made sure there were no complaints against her and I also made sure that she did the procedure frequently. She actually was the only doctor in her office that did the procedure so I knew she was an expert. She was great. The procedure was not terribly painful, but it definitely wasn't pleasant either. It was very uncomfortable. They also had a little trouble getting the right one placed and they did it three times, but then everything was great. I felt good enough to go grocery shopping later that night. I did have some cramping for 1-2 weeks after but it wasn't bad at all. There have been no changes to my period and no mood changes or ill feeling. Be sure to research how many complications are behind every procedure. There are risks for everything. I understand that many people are having some complications from this procedure, but just as many have these symptoms and end up getting pregnant with a regular tubal. If you want 0% risk then don't have sex or have a hysterectomy. As far as I'm concerned Essure is hands down the best for me and I have zero complaints.
Tweeti Bird

Mastic Beach, NY

#49 Feb 21, 2013
Ok, My wife has had it do and I need some feedback, her pains are bad from insert and much clotting and chunks of blood during cycle, could that be miscarraige? This not right and I think there's reason for law suit here and also can these things be removed?
Tweeti Bird

Mastic Beach, NY

#50 Feb 21, 2013
Ali wrote:
I had the Essure procedure about 5 weeks ago. I really researched the doctor and made sure there were no complaints against her and I also made sure that she did the procedure frequently. She actually was the only doctor in her office that did the procedure so I knew she was an expert. She was great. The procedure was not terribly painful, but it definitely wasn't pleasant either. It was very uncomfortable. They also had a little trouble getting the right one placed and they did it three times, but then everything was great. I felt good enough to go grocery shopping later that night. I did have some cramping for 1-2 weeks after but it wasn't bad at all. There have been no changes to my period and no mood changes or ill feeling. Be sure to research how many complications are behind every procedure. There are risks for everything. I understand that many people are having some complications from this procedure, but just as many have these symptoms and end up getting pregnant with a regular tubal. If you want 0% risk then don't have sex or have a hysterectomy. As far as I'm concerned Essure is hands down the best for me and I have zero complaints.
Give it Time , and wish you the best!
CorleyLPN

Detroit, MI

#51 Feb 22, 2013
I had the Essure done in April of 2012, It will be a year come April, I can say that I havent had any major issues the only thing that I have experiece was that I had No period in December and Jan & Feb had a normal period and then I had intercourse and there was some spotting Other then that Im okay
Jennifer

Laurel, MD

#52 Feb 22, 2013
I had the Essure implants procedure done in 2009 and have not had any problems whatsoever. I turn 50 this year and began peri-menopause last April. My cycle has been sporadic, but I'm certain its due to the menopause changes. The only "complaint" I had with Essure was the actual procedure. My doctor told me that it was a painless procedure and that I would feel some "pressure" as he inserted the coils, but it was very painful and uncomfortable, but the procedure only lasted about 20 minutes. I am actually smaller in size and weight than I was before the procedure. No weight gain, and most importantly, no pregnancies!:-)
zoe

Portland, OR

#53 Feb 22, 2013
I had Essure implanted in 2007 and have had no problems. I'm incredibly grateful for the procedure and that i found a doctor willing to perform it on a 25-year old.
Hateittwo

Decatur, GA

#54 Feb 26, 2013
hateit wrote:
I had mine done in 2008. I have gained about 40 pounds since then and I cannot get rid of it even with diet and exercise. Also I am so tired (all the time) and my hair is always shedding. Sometimes my ovaries hurt (if that makes sense) and I sometimes can feel the coil thingy on one side. I wish I could get this these thing out of me.
Dear hate it,
It's like you know me and hear my complaints to the T!!! I know exactly what u mean when you say your overaries hurt. Its like I can feel the actual implanted thingy when I urinate, and this always happens about a week b4 my period! I tried telling my doc but they say that you can't feel the piece. So I kinda shrugged it off and learned to cope with it. It's kinda feels like its been scratched up in there & burns when i pee. But that's how I no in about to start every month. Also I too am loosing my hair! It doesnt just fall out by its self, I have to be like pulling it up for a ponytail, or when I'm in washing it, it comes out WAY too easy. And small handfuls at a time. Ive been trying to find a doc to help me with me being tired all time, but hav given up cuz they just want to say I'm depressed. So if u have any luck with any of these problems please help
Dee

Taylor, MI

#55 Mar 2, 2013
I had the procedure done about a year ago. It was quick, relatively painless, and so far no problems. Best of all my insurance covered it and I dont have to worry about birth control anymore. I personally think that anyone complaining about migraines or severe menstrual cycles , pain, etc. should rule out other lifestyle factors first. Also..is it a simple headache, or a migraine? There is a difference. And sometimes hormone and age / weight comes into play with other issues. Dont just assume its Essure causing those problems. If you are healthy and within your weight range, this form of sterilization is completely safe and effective .
dkeitkth

Fremont, CA

#56 Mar 4, 2013
what happened?
want it out

Perris, CA

#57 Mar 5, 2013
Does any body know what Doctor in Los Angeles or around that city can remove this from my wife? She has had nouthing but pain from day one and she can fell the coil poking her sometimes. Pleas help us with this our e mail is [email protected] yahoo.com
giffis

Rochester, PA

#58 Mar 6, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Ö Wheres the price?
Stacey

Pittsburgh, PA

#59 Mar 15, 2013
Tina wrote:
Also if anyone has had success with the procedure. I would love to hear from you too. Thanks.
Had my procedure 2 years ago. I highly recommend. Yes, have had issues with weight gain, but the procedure went great and minimal pain after.
Stacey

Pittsburgh, PA

#60 Mar 15, 2013
Had the procedure done a couple of years ago and would highly recommend it. The procedure went great, minimal discomfort after, and no worries of accidental pregnancy. Have had some weight gain, but that is manageable. Read a lot of bad reviews before I had the procedure- but discussed with my OBGYN and felt this was the choice for me- very happy with my decision.
Mother of four

Los Angeles, CA

#61 Mar 22, 2013
I had mine done almost a year ago I have started to have horrible lower back pain that just dosent go away I also have had gain weight mostly in my lower abs
Naima

Rotherham, UK

#62 Mar 26, 2013
Omg just had mine done yesterday was the only option for me as contraceptive methods don't work for me I wish I read this reviews before. I guess I have to see what happens fingers crossed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Means Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa Creech/ Huntsberger 5 min Well 4
we now itís you 19 min Jess 18
State Rep Race 37 min Rob Roy 22
ballgames 56 min Coach 65 16
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wisdom of God 170,598
Divorce 1 hr Toni 5
Danielle Burn 2 hr Danielle Burns 10

Means Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Means Mortgages