Has anyone had the ESSURE BIRTH CONTR...

Has anyone had the ESSURE BIRTH CONTROL Procedure done?

Posted in the Means Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#1 May 11, 2012
I had the procedure done 3 years ago and have be suffering from MIGRAINES, Weight gain, cramping, depression, and numerous other side effects from this procedure. I am wondering if any other women have had any similar side effects after having this procedure. I have lost 3 years of my life and want to find out if there are others out there going through the same thing. I have went through numerous doctors and procedures and recently connected the dots back to this procedure. If your a woman who is sick and can't find answers, have you had this procedure? I want to talk to you to share stories. Thanks.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 11, 2012
Also if anyone has had success with the procedure. I would love to hear from you too. Thanks.
Laura

Owensboro, KY

#3 May 11, 2012
I have a friend who had it done I wil ask her she said it didn't take long in the doctor office
hateit

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 11, 2012
I had mine done in 2008. I have gained about 40 pounds since then and I cannot get rid of it even with diet and exercise. Also I am so tired (all the time) and my hair is always shedding. Sometimes my ovaries hurt (if that makes sense) and I sometimes can feel the coil thingy on one side. I wish I could get this these thing out of me.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 11, 2012
hateit wrote:
I had mine done in 2008. I have gained about 40 pounds since then and I cannot get rid of it even with diet and exercise. Also I am so tired (all the time) and my hair is always shedding. Sometimes my ovaries hurt (if that makes sense) and I sometimes can feel the coil thingy on one side. I wish I could get this these thing out of me.
I also hate it. The doctor I went to said he hasn't had anyone complain about it. No one has reported side effects. Unbelievable! I also suffer from large clots. Do you know what I mean?
Gracie

United States

#6 May 11, 2012
I had it done about 5 years ago and have no complaints. I have gained a little weight, but I think that has more to do with being almost 40 than it does with the Essure procedure.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#7 May 11, 2012
Gracie, thanks for the feedback!
No complaints here

Georgetown, KY

#8 May 11, 2012
I had it done in March 2011. I've had no side effects so far at all. I sure like not having to worry about birth control anymore.
hateit

Saint Paul, MN

#9 May 12, 2012
I read somewhere once that if you have a nickel allergy that it can cause you problems. My doctor never tested me for a nickel allergy before I had the procedure done. I am not saying I have a nickel allergy but that could be a possibility with some who is having issues with it. Also, a lot of my weight gain has been in my stomach. I look pregnant now compared to before the procedure when my belly was flat. It is nice that I dont have to worry about birth control, I just hope that I havent paid a big price.
hateit

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 12, 2012
Oh and as for migraines, I have had them since I was 18. And come to think of it, they have been much wore in the last 3 years and I know have to take imitrex for them. The imitrex helps tremendously.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 13, 2012
Check out online essurecomplaints.com I have also talked to some other women that have had the procedure done. Sounds like migraines are a common thing. They are intense. I don't know if this is my problem but I hope I'm on to something! I go to Lexington to a new doctor the end of may because the one that did the procedure wasn't very helpful.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#12 May 13, 2012
Also weight gain and it doesnt seem to go away. : (
YES

Georgetown, KY

#13 May 13, 2012
I had mine done in 2008 and have some probles with my menstral cycle. My cycle only lasts 3 days but is extreamly heavy with lots of clotting. I will quit for a day or two and start back for another day or two. My cycle is not regular either, first it was the end of the month, then the first of the month and now somewhere in the middle. I also experience bleeding after orgisam, I asked my obgyn about that and he didn't give me any explanation.
YES

Georgetown, KY

#14 May 13, 2012
I also have a lot of fagitue
hateit

Saint Paul, MN

#15 May 14, 2012
I used to have a lot of energy but now all I wanna do is sleep. I feel like I am 90 and my cycle is all crazy as well.
Tina

Owensboro, KY

#16 May 14, 2012
This is something that is very common as well. I hate that others are experiencing it but I'm glad I'm not alone. Ladies go talk to your doctor that did the procedure. Have them report your side effects to the essure company. Something needs to be done!
Just wondering

Georgetown, KY

#17 May 16, 2012
Is that anything like the Mirana
Supportive

Owensboro, KY

#18 May 17, 2012
I'm not sure
feelyourpain

Cleveland, GA

#19 May 25, 2012
Tina wrote:
I had the procedure done 3 years ago and have be suffering from MIGRAINES, Weight gain, cramping, depression, and numerous other side effects from this procedure. I am wondering if any other women have had any similar side effects after having this procedure. I have lost 3 years of my life and want to find out if there are others out there going through the same thing. I have went through numerous doctors and procedures and recently connected the dots back to this procedure. If your a woman who is sick and can't find answers, have you had this procedure? I want to talk to you to share stories. Thanks.
Yes, I had the essure done and I have had an awful time with it. I actually called a place in Georgia that can take it out, and the lady told me that insurance will probably cover it before long because so many ppl have had trouble with it. I have gained about 40 pounds, cramp all the time, my head kills me... It is just awful, wish I would have not had this done...!!!!
blackeyedsusie

United States

#20 May 26, 2012
I had it done almost a year ago now and I haven't had any trouble with it so far. I have actually lost weight. I wouldnt see how weight gain would be an issue when there are no hormones involved. I still have not had a normal period tho so I assume with more time the side effects some are speaking of could be possible. I love that I dont have to worry with birth control anymore. The procedure itself was very painful. And the xray u have to have afterwards in three months is also uncomfortable. It all about pros and cons. I didnt wanna be cut on , burnt on or tied on, so this was the best choice for me. I hope those of u that are having problems get them all worked out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Means Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Summer wrestling 5 min Elmo 4
Can anyone tell me about MC2 school? (May '15) 15 min What 21
Chris Caldwell 30 min Holly 21
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min CCR 163,711
Brittany planck 1 hr Just wondering be... 7
why? 1 hr wondering 4
Bass Webb (Mar '11) 1 hr CoffeeGlss 15

Means Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance