bigdog

London, KY

#1 May 2, 2009
why do these kids ride up and down the roads so fast
baby

Ransom, KY

#2 May 2, 2009
you need to learn how to spell,,, its motorcycle

the reason is they don't have any thing else to do so leave them alone they are not hurting you
wilma

London, KY

#3 May 2, 2009
I'm so sorry I don't have all the time that you do. But you got the ideal didn't you. I hope they all get put in jail. you sorry butt mothers.
baby

Ransom, KY

#4 May 2, 2009
for your information bitch! i don't have any children! want you leave them alone and let them ride,, and looks like you got alot of time too you are the one who post wilma
4 ur information

Pikeville, KY

#5 May 2, 2009
my boys ride their dirt bikes and they r very careful and do not not go fast. wilma u need 2 get a life, ur the sorry ass mother. they will ride when they want 2 and it is no concern of urs
baby

Ransom, KY

#6 May 2, 2009
right on 4 ur information,,, that made me mad when i read it and i don't even have a dog in this fight

she must be another nosey neighbor i guess her kids are angels or they must not have a dirt bike and they want one
wilma

London, KY

#7 May 4, 2009
won't leave them alone, not want
leave them alone. do you understand that baby.
baby

Ransom, KY

#8 May 5, 2009
go to hell wilma, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?
feel the same way

London, KY

#9 May 5, 2009
I think that as long as the kids are riding safe, then leave them alone. What would people rather see kids doing---doing or selling drugs or riding and ATV????? What else is there to do in this community? The person that started this must be jealous or something.
citizen

London, KY

#10 May 6, 2009
We need to support our kids! In my oppinion, if the younger generation had more to do, like riding their dirt bikes, four wheelers, etc. maybe they woudn't end up on drugs. When people keep taking constructive things away from these kids, what else do they have to turn to. They don't go any faster on their dirt bikes than these older guys do on crotch rockets, and cars. I say, MOM's...Turn them loose and brag on them!!!
totally agree

London, KY

#11 May 6, 2009
I agree. The motorcycles and 4-wheelers do not go no where near as fast as those crotch rockets. Let the kids ride and have fun. If they would put something in this area for kids to do maybe so many of them want end up on drugs. They talked about putting something in the old A and P building and nothing is there yet; and in the building in Whitesburg beside Dairy Queen and nothing there yet either; they took away the movie theater in Whitesburg. Leave the kids alone.
me to

Sheridan, AR

#12 May 12, 2009
me to
eastkypirate

United States

#13 Jul 23, 2009
at least there not riding ur daughter like that or snorting pills on ur front porch.it is true what else do they have to do. they have a community center now ( for the older folk ) why didnt they put in a public pool or something for the whole family.
STRAIGHT UP

United States

#14 Jul 23, 2009
Isn't it illegal for minors to be riding motorcycles on the roadways? Not only that isn't it unsafe? Why would any parent want their child doing something illegal or unsafe?

Welcome to Eastern Ky!!!

Most teens get on their "bikes" and ride to the next holler for a joint....true story!!

The comments above is the reason why Ky has such a bad name for being ignorant!
apple_bear

Sheridan, AR

#15 Oct 5, 2009
STRAIGHT UP wrote:
Isn't it illegal for minors to be riding motorcycles on the roadways? Not only that isn't it unsafe? Why would any parent want their child doing something illegal or unsafe?
Welcome to Eastern Ky!!!
Most teens get on their "bikes" and ride to the next holler for a joint....true story!!
The comments above is the reason why Ky has such a bad name for being ignorant!
someone didn't love you enough when you was little did they. Let the kids have there fun if it keeps them from being like you I say all the more
SOON

London, KY

#16 Oct 6, 2009
OK let's let these kids have some fun I agree. Kids are gonna be kids, but the first time one of these kids riding up and down the roads gets hit by a drunk, or by a pilled out loser, don't go crying to some lawyer wanting money, because your precious child got killed!!! When it does happen, I hope I read it in the Mountain Eagle, that your but is going to jail for letting them do it!!! HAHAHAHA JUST WAITING, BECAUSE IT"S JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS!!! I"M SURPRISED IT HASN"T ALREADY....
omg

United States

#17 Oct 7, 2009
I can't believe some of the things I have read on here. Wilma correcting everyone while being a donkey's hiney and using the word "ideal" incorrectly. Honey, don't throw stones because your grammar is not perfect either. Comparing crotch rockets (if I understood correctly this person was talking about leagal drivers) to illeagal drivers on dirt bikes is like comparing apples and oranges. The legal drivers on crotch rockets (that ride sensibly) have every right to be on the road. The minors on dirtbikes and atv's have the right (in my opinion only) to travel on the road to get to a safer place for them to ride. With neighbors constantly being nosy and threatening to call the police on them, I can understand why they may go a little faster than they probably should. They are trying to get by these nosey neighbors that are trying to cause trouble. It really upsets me to see what SOON wrote: "...I hope I read it in the Mountain Eagle..." You hope to read of a child's death because they were on a dirtbike instead of out theiving and using drugs? You are one sick individual! Get help please.
Now on to the positive statements. I agree that the community center has created a center for only the older people. The same is true with most community centers in our area. Has this been addressed at one of the community meetings? If not it should be. It would nice if a few of the men/parents/etc. would step up to volunteer and each take a weekend to organize a dirt bike/ atv ride, camping trips and the such for some of the youth to participate in. Just a thought.
I would much rather see our youth riding than using drugs. We need more positive influences in the community, especially for the boys.
SOON

London, KY

#18 Oct 8, 2009
This is to the last comment to OMG!!!! Ok, first of all you misunderstood my comment. I wrote I hope I read in the Mountain Eagle to see the parent or parents being prosecuted !!! Not only is it illegal for underage kids to ride ATV's, dirtbikes, go-carts, etc. up and down the highway, I can't believe you as a parent would let your child do this! Don't they call this neglect, you are the guardian of this child until they are 18. So if they get out here and hit a church bus full of innocent children going to church or something, LET ME GUESS, you'll tell the Police I've told them a hundred times not to be riding that thing up and down the road... I've had these things fiying up and down past my house, All HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT!!! I've even seen some kids, that couldn't have been over 8 years old, and some small little kids that couldn't have been much older with parents or whoever on the back, with no helmets on or nothing! Fact of the matter is, theres too many dang drunks and druggies out there, people that shouldn't be driving up and down these roads, Period!! But Neither Should ATV's, Dirtbikes, or anything that is illegal... Someone is seriously going to get hurt, and a little 4-wheeler doesn't stand a chance up to a 2000lbs automobile!!!!! Thank You
screamin

Pikeville, KY

#19 Oct 24, 2009
SOON wrote:
This is to the last comment to OMG!!!! Ok, first of all you misunderstood my comment. I wrote I hope I read in the Mountain Eagle to see the parent or parents being prosecuted !!! Not only is it illegal for underage kids to ride ATV's, dirtbikes, go-carts, etc. up and down the highway, I can't believe you as a parent would let your child do this! Don't they call this neglect, you are the guardian of this child until they are 18. So if they get out here and hit a church bus full of innocent children going to church or something, LET ME GUESS, you'll tell the Police I've told them a hundred times not to be riding that thing up and down the road... I've had these things fiying up and down past my house, All HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT!!! I've even seen some kids, that couldn't have been over 8 years old, and some small little kids that couldn't have been much older with parents or whoever on the back, with no helmets on or nothing! Fact of the matter is, theres too many dang drunks and druggies out there, people that shouldn't be driving up and down these roads, Period!! But Neither Should ATV's, Dirtbikes, or anything that is illegal... Someone is seriously going to get hurt, and a little 4-wheeler doesn't stand a chance up to a 2000lbs automobile!!!!! Thank You
I agree...I've almost hit what looked like babies to me riding 4-wheelers, motorcycles and go carts. People! As a parent, your first job is keeping them safe. That's priority. No, my children don't own either one - and they won't as long as I have to pay to get them one. Once they're old enough to buy their own, they're adults and I'll just yell at them... I don't drive fast, and I try to take care when I'm driving, but children have no idea that they can really be hurt - it's always the other guy. There are city parks all over, nice ones - take them to the park, but please, PLEASE keep them off of the roads on those things...
AnNoYeD

Pikeville, KY

#20 Oct 24, 2009
I would like to express my opinion like you all.
First of all, I have children, and they are VERY young. Naps are interrupted, and the noise of the dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, and motorcycles scare them to death. Not to mention wake working people up! The parents need to be more considerate of others. And if you DO NOT have kids, and you support the recreation of the bikes, wait 'til you have some kids of your own. THEN you will be running outside on your porch, cursing the motorcycles yourselves! Paybacks are hell. HA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRoberts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
James Kyle Jones passed away 4 hr Iaintsmokingcrack 5
no6 hollow brown house on the left Tue katn1990 2
mudd town p''''y's Tue katn1990 4
if your over 18 you cant have sex with a undera... (Oct '09) Mon martinezanglehood7 21
Local Celebrities May 25 wondering 2
News I-66: The road to controversy (Jul '08) May 25 Henry Ford 172
the dale isaac talk (Feb '10) May 25 Soooooo 37
More from around the web

McRoberts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]