Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81787 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65004 Jul 28, 2012
Genetic Scientist wrote:
We need to find a species with similar genetic composition as Blues. Hmmm
Bubbles the Chimp? No he was much more evolved than Blue. The blood sucking tick on Bubbles the chimp. Yes, that would match nicely
now u got it.
Big Bro

Bowie, MD

#65005 Jul 28, 2012
Gimme another drink wrote:
Someone,pass it around!
Jack?

Since: Jul 12

Uniontown, PA

#65006 Jul 28, 2012
What post number did this topic get so off subject??

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#65007 Jul 28, 2012
hardass wrote:
I heard wabbit had a dead bird,,,, IN HIS PANTS!
this appears to be a few dozen post In and was an early warning sign.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65008 Jul 28, 2012
joemac1958 wrote:
What post number did this topic get so off subject??
Let's be glad a bird don't have to die, just to make a post! LOL

Has anyone ever heard a crow talk?
sam the sham

Crab Orchard, KY

#65009 Jul 28, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
this appears to be a few dozen post In and was an early warning sign.
Good research. So it went off topic around post 4.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65010 Jul 28, 2012
I decided to get a little tobacco and fire up an ancestor's 150 year old Civil War smoking pipe just to experience a common activity with my ancestor.

Something rather soothing about looking over the horizon and knowing that I am now peacefully curling smoke out of something that was once at Shiloh and Vicksburg. I can visualize my ancestor sitting by the campfire smoking this pipe and wondering if he would survive tomorrow or not.

And has anything really changed? We don't now about tomorrow either.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65012 Jul 28, 2012
* know.. keyboard is just with the nostalgia
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#65013 Jul 28, 2012
okay keyboaed .. I refuse to correct the correction lol

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65014 Jul 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I decided to get a little tobacco and fire up an ancestor's 150 year old Civil War smoking pipe just to experience a common activity with my ancestor.
Something rather soothing about looking over the horizon and knowing that I am now peacefully curling smoke out of something that was once at Shiloh and Vicksburg. I can visualize my ancestor sitting by the campfire smoking this pipe and wondering if he would survive tomorrow or not.
That is a very interesting and dynamic perception to "see" thngs out of the past. The pipe was probably the only relaxation experienced during that time in his life. The suffering they must have endured, and overcame, sometimes just for a simple drink of water, or something to eat.

Since: Jul 12

Uniontown, PA

#65016 Jul 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Awww ...yes those must have been the days smoking their best hemp while enjoy a moment relief from the from that injury received in Gettysburg...thanks to an injection of morphine..a short relief. But things "were diffent" money wasn't envolved....

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#65017 Jul 28, 2012
sam the sham wrote:
<quoted text>BIRD.
BIRD!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#65019 Jul 28, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>BIRD!!
Isn't that the lost word of this topic? It's been so long ago. LOL.
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65020 Jul 28, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>That is a very interesting and dynamic perception to "see" thngs out of the past. The pipe was probably the only relaxation experienced during that time in his life. The suffering they must have endured, and overcame, sometimes just for a simple drink of water, or something to eat.
These guys are really dishing it out tonite.... We think we see it hard these days, but truth is , we did not know what hard was , to their lifes. If I work all day and come home and work all night as well , I cant hardly move the next day. They did it ever day. And lost so much more, than many ever see just a inch of. Maybe the world needs to go back several years, and then maybe we all will value , love and care a little more.. Just dont want to loose, a few things from now, though.!!lol
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#65021 Jul 28, 2012
Oh sorry all, here is my bird news.
You asked about hearing crows, talk,
well I watched one the other day , as he neatly folded up a piece of plastic , he worked with it for about 10 minutes , folding carefully each corner , until he had it perfect then he finally collected it and flew off .. Boy I guess birds, get OCD as well!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#65022 Jul 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the lost word of this topic? It's been so long ago. LOL.
I Know!!!!
mammy

Pikeville, KY

#65023 Jul 28, 2012
sure hope so
Ralphy

Smiths Falls, Canada

#65025 Jul 28, 2012
Yeppers
lol

Columbia, TN

#65028 Jul 28, 2012
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#65029 Jul 28, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> These guys are really dishing it out tonite.... We think we see it hard these days, but truth is , we did not know what hard was , to their lifes. If I work all day and come home and work all night as well , I cant hardly move the next day. They did it ever day. And lost so much more, than many ever see just a inch of. Maybe the world needs to go back several years, and then maybe we all will value , love and care a little more.. Just dont want to loose, a few things from now, though.!!lol
Speaking of going back a few years, I used to live close to Grand Falls near Flagstaff, Arizona up until 1987. My sweety and I would wander aimlessly through the Pinions and Junipers retrieving broken Indian pottery. It was laying almost everywhere you could walk, and much of it probably had already been collected for years. Is is very unlikely that there indigenus tribes had broken their own pottery, but marauders from other tribes, and the white man as well. Each and every square inch of this pottery had been scored withtheir(squaws) fingernails into fantastic artworks, with meticulous designs, before it was baked and readied for use. They also could have been used for generations before being broken. Anyone that has been to The Grand Canyon have seen the tee-pees as you are headed that direction, and they are not for show, but inhabited. Some of my fondest memories are from visiting and making friends with the Indians on some of those reservations. They hold very little animousity against the White Man, compared to their loss, but many are still treated and looked down upon by society like dirty savages, which they most certainly, are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRoberts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Communist Hillary or Communist Bernie? 2 hr Abe 11
Obama he's incompetent (Oct '15) 2 hr Abe 25
Mayor of wheelwright (Mar '15) 2 hr Dr Gerald Demal 3
moffmann sightin up abner (Jan '15) 2 hr Dr Gerald Demal 9
Tiffany Hall (Feb '15) 3 hr Dr Gerald Demal 2
the best teacher (Dec '08) 3 hr Dr Gerald Demal 2
Poll Why Did Wheelwright loose all that grant money? 3 hr Dr Gerald Demal 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McRoberts Mortgages