First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Colby knows how

Warner Robins, GA

#143 May 10, 2012
ro get elected...his DUI and Drug charges were dropped by the sheriffs department in telfair county when his daddy paid the sheriff a "campaign contribution".........is the story i was told...
Smiths ex wife

Warner Robins, GA

#144 May 10, 2012
got a bond on a conspiracy to murder charge....why cant the nonviolent ones get bonds to save money....???? Then we may not need a new jail or have a taxing problem.....????
The Truth

Newington, GA

#145 May 11, 2012
Smiths ex wife wrote:
got a bond on a conspiracy to murder charge....why cant the nonviolent ones get bonds to save money....???? Then we may not need a new jail or have a taxing problem.....????
Its a make money cash money brothers game at the multiple Sheriff Offices we have.
Bat droppings my arse!!! The current sheriff will do anything to get re elected cause he knows he will face starvation if he is not elected.
some truth here

Perry, GA

#146 Jun 29, 2012
All in all this stuff is crazy...some maybe true some maybe false but one thing is for sure. No matter who is in there we gonna have the same problem. Just wait that one will be bad time he gets in there. One thing our county needs is prayer. And alot of it. This situation with the inmates ain't gonna stop IF the deputies do there jobs. Because bad as it is there are no work here and people are doing anything and everything to survive and good people are becoming criminals. Heck no I don't agree btu our children have not thing to do but get in trouble to much time on there hands. We need to start by bringing something here to the county and that would give the first tax relief. Then up the sales tax so all these people that don't own anything will have to help witht he taxes not just the hard working that is trying to have something but bout to loss it because of higher taxes. I mean u drive out of town to work then that gas and wear and tear on vehicle all that comes off that salary but they is no where here to work. There is a cycle that has got to get right. And yes a new jail is better than continueing on as we are. I mean it's like why rent why not be pay that on something that would be urs one day??? Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with renting but most people rent til they can do better. So what is the difference for the county ...don't u need to try to do better.
As far as the Sheriff election it's not gonna make alot of difference unless other things are not changed. And they reason for the over load to in jail and never been like this before could be the deputies are not as bad as u have said. If leader ship is bad don't mean everyone of the deputies are. I mean the candiates are saying clean up the street where are u gonna house them???? Same ol thing again like I say they have got to be someother changes!!!! I may be wrong but I wanted to just put that out there for everyone to think about. Now take a minute out and pray for our county..and for it to get better for the future of the young.
Ken

Uvalda, GA

#147 Jun 30, 2012
some truth here wrote:
All in all this stuff is crazy...some maybe true some maybe false but one thing is for sure. No matter who is in there we gonna have the same problem. Just wait that one will be bad time he gets in there. One thing our county needs is prayer. And alot of it. This situation with the inmates ain't gonna stop IF the deputies do there jobs. Because bad as it is there are no work here and people are doing anything and everything to survive and good people are becoming criminals. Heck no I don't agree btu our children have not thing to do but get in trouble to much time on there hands. We need to start by bringing something here to the county and that would give the first tax relief. Then up the sales tax so all these people that don't own anything will have to help witht he taxes not just the hard working that is trying to have something but bout to loss it
because of higher taxes. I mean u drive out of town to work then that gas and wear and tear on vehicle all that comes off that salary but they is no where here to work. There is a cycle that has got to get right. And yes a new jail is better than continueing on as we are. I mean it's like why rent why not be pay that on something that would be urs one day??? Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with renting but most people rent til they can do better. So what is the difference for the county ...don't u need to try to do better.
As far as the Sheriff election it's not gonna make alot of difference unless other things are not changed. And they reason for the over load to in jail and never been like this before could be the deputies are not as bad as u have said. If leader ship is bad don't mean everyone of the deputies are. I mean the candiates are saying clean up the street where are u gonna house them???? Same ol thing again like I say they have got to be someother changes!!!! I may be wrong but I wanted to just put that out there for everyone to think about. Now take a minute out and pray for our county..and for it to get better for the future of the young.
You are right. The number one contributing factor is lack of jobs and the poor. Our county has a lot of poor people. Most folks who do have a job have to burn gas to drive out of town. The only recourse for many is to sell drugs to put food on their table and feed themselves and their children. Selling illegal drugs is a bad thing but one has to do what one has to do to survive. Every time big industry tries to move move into McRae..they are told they have to pay kick backs by the powers that be. That is why we lost Walmart. Sam Walton himself decreed McRae would never have another Walmart.
Trojan

Montezuma, GA

#148 Jun 30, 2012
Lets elect a competent Sheriff that only puts people in jail that have comitted a crime that warrants it. Lets elect a magistrate that sets a fair bond for non violent offenders. This may not solve our problems, but it will be a start.
Sparticus

Sycamore, GA

#149 Jun 30, 2012
I fully agree...let's get the trailer trash out of
office and put educated people in who are not wanting
to make $$$$$$$ of the County tax payers.
JD Citizen

Enfield, IL

#150 Jul 1, 2012
The county commissioners are the ones who have to sign off to build a new jail, not the sheriff. McRae topix is nothing like Hazlehurst topix lol.
Trojan

Fitzgerald, GA

#151 Jul 2, 2012
Hazlehurst has not had to indure the SMITH GANG for 3 years. Just pray they don't move their operation to Jeff davis Co.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new liquor store in mcrae Mon kaboom 11
New Deadly Flesh Eating drug (Sep '13) Mon TRANSVESTITE 12
Telfair Prison fight blamed on 'illegal cell ph... (Nov '11) Dec 22 cherrie73 39
The Faces of Meth (Oct '13) Dec 20 gender identity c... 46
Shooting in Helena (Aug '13) Dec 17 King Richard 28
People of mcrae stop complaining about johnny s... (Sep '13) Dec 10 Terminator 24
dont understand Dec 4 aces4 2
McRae Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McRae People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McRae News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McRae

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:36 pm PST