Let's Build a New Jail for you People
MUD FLAP

United States

#102 Apr 1, 2012
I see u wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough about bonds to know I can post about a dozen instances in other places where someone who was on a "recognizant bond" (like you want done) has murdered , robbed, or raped someone. The good people of Telfair County wouldn't want to take that chance. Why would you advocate putting them in danger? I think Sheriff Smith should keep them behind bars, just as he's doing, thank you. The only ones, in my opinion, who would support recognizant bonds and releasing known criminals into the public would be a criminal-type themselves. Hmmmmm, hoss?
Would you bond out a first time shoplifter that may have stolen $20 worth of stuff??Or Should Telfair co. pay Coffee co. to hold them for a month until a court date??If you have a rapist no you would not bond him out,just need to use common sense!!
I AGREE WITH MUD

United States

#103 Apr 1, 2012
FLAP ON THAT WE JUST NEED COMMON SENSE AND A WORKING MAN THATS NOT LAZY THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF business!!!!!!
Juan Hung Low

United States

#104 Apr 1, 2012
Mud Flap's right ! Common sense is something the Sheriff's office and Police department are lacking . They may have 5 cent's or a dime but no common sense !
Competent

Kittanning, PA

#105 Apr 2, 2012
Lets VOTE SMITH OUT OF OFFICE and elect a competent Sheriff to represent the tax payers of Telfair County.
COMPETENT AND ENERGETIC

Nashville, GA

#106 Apr 2, 2012
I think....Laziness is not acceptable......Lets get someone competent and with budget and leadership skills....
MORE NEPOTISM

Nashville, GA

#107 Apr 2, 2012
I HEARD THAT Dodge county had been promised that TElfair County would pay the bill to train some of their citizens and some more of the smith family ralatives also if they would let us run their jail...and have these people run it....????? Along with Telfair paying Dodge County for the housing of our inmates......Sounds like another dirty deal to me.....????? Maybe if we are going to spend some more money we should have a businessman involved to make sure we aren't throwing away more money....??????
DODGE BETTER DODGE

Nashville, GA

#109 Apr 2, 2012
That deal with their jail...they will either be sorry they didn't or get way over on the bob barker dude we have dealing for us....
Didnt Telfair lose

Nashville, GA

#110 Apr 2, 2012
out on the 911 deal with Wheeler..after Smith lost the books or records of some sort.....and Telfair wound up paying a higher amount than we shoulda....seems like i remember the commissioners wouldnt sign it until grant money was gonna expire..their hands had been tied by Smiths dealing...?????
THE TRUTH IS THAT

Nashville, GA

#111 Apr 3, 2012
telfair County has spent enough money on The for profit jail in Ocilla and the new modern JAil in Douglas gA. in daily inmate Rental fees, since Smith has been Sheriff to build a new jail...in Mcrae.....Thats what i hear...and we were doing this way before the old part of out jail was shut down for bats(which was only used for emergencies anyway) as backup ....we were doing it way before that and also there are still inmates today in the 1 story portion of our current jail as always approximately 30 people. So the headline that our jail was shut down is false.....Only the old brick 2 story part with mostly offices is closed...and we spent enough money on bat shit removal to build a new office building wing.....
THE TRUTH IS THAT

Nashville, GA

#112 Apr 3, 2012
And that the bat crap story was blown up out of proportion to basicaly divert attention from the fact that we are holding a high number of people in Telfair County jail by historical standards...This is my opinion after hearing the whole story....And yes i know many people struggling to pay these high property taxes some say they are gonna sell out and move if it doesnt get better.....
HIGH TAXES 400000dollars

Nashville, GA

#113 Apr 3, 2012
A DEAL WAS MADE WHEN OUR SHERiFF WAS ELECTED.... we had coffee county build a new jail for us and in the last 3 .5 years im betting we have given them over a million dollars to pay for their jail....!!!!!!NOW YOU KNOW.......!!!
HIGH TAXES 400000dollars

Nashville, GA

#114 Apr 3, 2012
What we need is some Common Sense and good Budget decisions......to be made with our tax monies......
Our Jail is OPEN

Nashville, GA

#115 Apr 4, 2012
but we are still paying coffee county to hold more prisoners...we should uild a new jail with the 400,000 a year we are paying them and it would save money...maybe even make money holding prisoners for other counties with excess.....
Future

Alapaha, GA

#116 Apr 4, 2012
Our Jail is OPEN wrote:
but we are still paying coffee county to hold more prisoners...we should uild a new jail with the 400,000 a year we are paying them and it would save money...maybe even make money holding prisoners for other counties with excess.....
I agree we need to build a new jail and try to make money off of it like Coffee County or Ocilla.
No Need

Kittanning, PA

#117 Apr 4, 2012
There are no Smith Gangs in these other counties, they don't need more jail space.
WE HAVE NO LAWMAN

Nashville, GA

#118 Apr 4, 2012
OR BUSINESS MAN representing TELFAIR COUNTY....i STAND WITH YOU (NO NEED)....EXACTLY WHAT I BEEN SAYING... we need not only a lawman but a business man....apparently we have no one that can get traction.....Coffee and Irwin dont need no jail apace they have it.....!!!!!Everybody but Telfair has it.........We are throwing money away.......lets get someone that can manage things for the better.....
Straight Talk

Montezuma, GA

#119 Apr 5, 2012
WE HAVE NO LAWMAN wrote:
OR BUSINESS MAN representing TELFAIR COUNTY....i STAND WITH YOU (NO NEED)....EXACTLY WHAT I BEEN SAYING... we need not only a lawman but a business man....apparently we have no one that can get traction.....Coffee and Irwin dont need no jail apace they have it.....!!!!!Everybody but Telfair has it.........We are throwing money away.......lets get someone that can manage things for the better.....
Well if you can do a better Job put cha name in the hat Big Boy or stop complaining.. In other words, Put up or SHUT UP!
FAILED BUDGET

Nashville, GA

#120 Apr 5, 2012
the last time i checked Straight Talk Zero Dude...I didnt work for you or take directions from you if you dont like what i said print this out and wipe the poop from around your mouth with it.....
U r ashamed of Lowe

Jesup, GA

#121 Apr 6, 2012
FAILED BUDGET wrote:
the last time i checked Straight Talk Zero Dude...I didnt work for you or take directions from you if you dont like what i said print this out and wipe the poop from around your mouth with it.....
Getting a little ugly with it there, ain't ya, hoss?
I dont evenknow LOWE

Nashville, GA

#122 Apr 6, 2012
well ugly...just so you know....ima vote for the best man for the job....not a failure....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
40 % of your nabors/friends are GAY OR LESBIAN Fri Jus Say No 6
John Dopson Nov 30 Trump dont like you 15
RoyalRose Nov 28 ChasmofSoulz 1
News I Do, I Do: Second chance at love wasn't expect... (Oct '15) Nov 27 Anonymous 5
Wal-Mart coming McRae-Helena, Ga (Apr '16) Nov 24 RONNIE 11
Dusin Tyler Oliver ......Beware CCA Employees!!!! (Jul '14) Nov 20 Trena 13
Vote NO to keep the 2 term limit in Telfair Nov 18 Smdh 46

McRae Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McRae Mortgages