New McRae Fire truck
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I see u

Jesup, GA

#22 Apr 9, 2012
Mr Lowe - my "retard" thinking tells me that when McRae changed from 3 fulltime firemen and 20 volunteers to 4 fulltime firemen and 4 part-time firemen, the ISO rating changed from a 6 to its current rating of 5. This means a substantial savings for my home insurance, much much more than it cost in taxes. Jacksonville, a volunteer fire dept, has an ISO rating of 9......the higher the ISO rating, the more you pay for home insurance. I would hate to have anyone with a business sense like yours in charge, you would ruin us. McRae and Helena already have a joint effort, by the way. Is it hard to breathe when it's YOUR head up ya azz? PS - check with CCA, but I'm reasonably sure they won't take over responsibility as our primary fire dept, our public safety was most likely was a factor in why they stayed here
I see u

Jesup, GA

#23 Apr 9, 2012
Correction : it is the State prison that responds to fires, and the state will DEFINITELY not assume full responsibility for our fire protection.
wild

Douglas, GA

#24 Apr 9, 2012
confused
I see u

Jesup, GA

#25 Apr 9, 2012
wild wrote:
confused
Sorry if you're confused - nashville-poster advocates a volunteer fire dept, which will increase homeowners' homuse insurance a lot. I support fulltime firemen, which will lower homeowner insurance rates. The lower home insurance is a far greater savings to homeowners than any savings in taxes would be by not purchasing a new firetruck. Hope this helps.
Thats what i heard

Warner Robins, GA

#26 Apr 12, 2012
that volunteers versus full time was negligible impact on fire premiums.....especially with the prisons fire fighters available...the training and certification is where the premium difference is...not much from volunteer to full time....and if it was mcrae and helena could share expenses and one full time man....instead of three around the clock...
I see u

Jesup, GA

#27 Apr 12, 2012
Thats what i heard wrote:
that volunteers versus full time was negligible impact on fire premiums.....especially with the prisons fire fighters available...the training and certification is where the premium difference is...not much from volunteer to full time....and if it was mcrae and helena could share expenses and one full time man....instead of three around the clock...
Duh - what hours would the full-time fireman work, and are fires not allowed to happen when he's off-duty?
Madd Maxx

Nashville, GA

#28 Apr 22, 2012
2 dollars now and 2 dollars later, then 10, then 20. Now I see the police dept has a new suv to ride in. They coulda bought 2 cars for that price.
I see u

Jesup, GA

#29 Apr 22, 2012
Madd Maxx wrote:
2 dollars now and 2 dollars later, then 10, then 20. Now I see the police dept has a new suv to ride in. They coulda bought 2 cars for that price.
You people who are so quick to judge law enforcement make me giggle and fart. The vehicle listed for $2000 cheaper than a Crown Victoria, so they saved money for the city.

Please get your facts straight before you eagerly jump to criticize law enforcement. Usually more is happening than you know. Calm down. Look on the contract price with the state to verify. Google it
No problems

United States

#30 Apr 23, 2012
I see u wrote:
<quoted text>
You people who are so quick to judge law enforcement make me giggle and fart. The vehicle listed for $2000 cheaper than a Crown Victoria, so they saved money for the city.
Please get your facts straight before you eagerly jump to criticize law enforcement. Usually more is happening than you know. Calm down. Look on the contract price with the state to verify. Google it
Point being is they didn't need ANOTHER vehicle to drive. SUV or not.
Decisions

Pitts, GA

#31 Apr 23, 2012
No problems wrote:
<quoted text>
Point being is they didn't need ANOTHER vehicle to drive. SUV or not.
Guess You think you can make Decisions for Grown ups now, but, Again I see they got one.. You can't stop Government....
No problems

United States

#32 Apr 24, 2012
Decisions wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess You think you can make Decisions for Grown ups now, but, Again I see they got one.. You can't stop Government....
Why yes I can. I make grown up decisions everyday for me and my family that keeps food on our table and the power company and the mortage company happy. I guess it just depends on which grown ups are making the decisions as to how efficient or helpful they are. We just need to make sure the correct ones are making the ones that effect our whole community. And no. I can't nor can anyone else stop the government machine.
Decisions

Pitts, GA

#33 Apr 24, 2012
No problems wrote:
<quoted text>
Why yes I can. I make grown up decisions everyday for me and my family that keeps food on our table and the power company and the mortage company happy. I guess it just depends on which grown ups are making the decisions as to how efficient or helpful they are. We just need to make sure the correct ones are making the ones that effect our whole community. And no. I can't nor can anyone else stop the government machine.
Thanks for Excepting that, I did do some research on that purchase though and the City of McRae got a Seventy/Thirty grant. The City paid thirty precent of the Cost and it ended up costing them eight thousand dollars for the New Tahoe. So in the Long haul, the saved money for the City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kevin shyrlynn (Jan '11) Sat twixie 9
wondering what yal think of Jackie fulford wise Sat Big red 9
James Wilkes aka wig (Oct '14) Sat Twik Kwik 4
More deleted jville forums Fri Candidate 19
Towns next court date! Aug 26 Justice 8
J'ville pd Aug 25 Riversweep V 14
Towns fate Aug 18 Dead man not talking 88
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McRae Mortgages