our new sheriff
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
angel eyes 08

Perry, GA

#1 Feb 17, 2009
what is up with the new sheriff? Have you noticed a change in attitude?
easydoesit

Adel, GA

#3 Feb 17, 2009
are you surprised?
far from home

Buena Vista, GA

#4 Feb 18, 2009
What do you mean, change in attitude? I think he is great, and really trying to make a difference. If people would just support him instead of trying to find something to criticize, this county would be a better place.
angel eyes 08

Ephrata, PA

#5 Feb 19, 2009
in my opinion he acts as if he is the king. he is not friendly anymore used to when you would see him he would speak or wave now all you see his nose up in the air and you have to make him speak to you i was just wonderin if anyone else had noticed this
far from home

Buena Vista, GA

#6 Feb 20, 2009
angel eyes 08 wrote:
in my opinion he acts as if he is the king. he is not friendly anymore used to when you would see him he would speak or wave now all you see his nose up in the air and you have to make him speak to you i was just wonderin if anyone else had noticed this
No I haven't noticed. Maybe he is just stressed out. I know he has alot on his shoulders right now. He's trying to make everybody happy, but do the "right" thing at the same time. Sometimes those two things are very different. Just imagagine if you were in that position.
Change

Pitts, GA

#7 May 12, 2009
angel eyes 08 wrote:
what is up with the new sheriff? Have you noticed a change in attitude?
I have noticed a change, but not in his attitude. I can't believe it! I see Deputy's stopping cars and doing their jobs, Never thought I would live to see this in Telfair Co. Johnny we are proud of you! Heard your guys are doing a great job too! Thanks!
one of a kind

Marshallville, GA

#8 Jul 16, 2009
I think Johnny is doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Put a dent in the drug problem. PLEASE!!!
Far From Home

Moultrie, GA

#9 Jul 24, 2009
We love you Johnny!:) You are doing a great job and I am very proud of you!
will from hazlehurst

Live Oak, FL

#10 Aug 2, 2009
FAR FROM HOME---ITS KINDA HARD FOR YOU TO BE OBJECTIVE IF YOU ARE HIS CHILD AIN'T IT ????? THE THING FOR YOU TO DO IS TRAIN YOU DADDY TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS..........
So f n True

Abbeville, GA

#11 Aug 2, 2009
Thanks Will For saying this, I was going to but decided to just keep quiet. I guess it's obvious to everyone. I wonder how the family Bail Bonding business is going. We are famous for electing clowns.
Far from Home

Moultrie, GA

#12 Aug 3, 2009
I have in no way tried to hide my identity or make it known, but I am afraid you guys are mistaken. Family bail bonding business? I'm not sure what this is refering to. I was just making my opinion known on a public forum, does that automatically make me a family member? Sorry to disappoint. It doesn't matter what you say on here anyway, everything always ends the same way.
Kat65

Nashville, GA

#13 Aug 4, 2009
I think Johnny Smith is doing a great job! I have lived in McRae all my life & I am so proud that we finally got someone in office that will be honest.
will from hazlehurst

Sparks, GA

#14 Aug 4, 2009
so "far from home" are you saying that you are not Johnnies daughter that lives in Buena Vista Ga.??????or maybe a friend of his daughters.....or a family friend or relative....we will anxiously await your reply.....i'm not saying anything bad about johnny, i'm responding to your impartiality......
will from hazlehurst

Sparks, GA

#15 Aug 4, 2009
so does the smiths or their associates have a family bail bonding business...?????wouldn't that be a conflict of interest ....just like having numerous relatives employed with the sheriffs dept that you run...?????Example--wife, nepnew, son in law, etc. don't they call that nepotism, and a clear conflict of interest, not to mention it doesn't look right at all...... I wonder if the family members are subject to random drug screen's like most employers give nowaday's??????
bob from hazlehurst

Sparks, GA

#16 Aug 4, 2009
no dummy, his wife was fired from the 911 center for going to work under the infleunce of drugs and sleeping on the job.......and i never saw this in the local news?????????? must be a cover up !!!!!
Far from Home

Moultrie, GA

#17 Aug 5, 2009
Will, you are absolutely right. I am his daughter from BV and I am proud of it. I am also very proud of my dad and thankful for everything that he has done for me,and my family. He is a strong, kind, patient man with a much thicker skin than I. He lets everything that people say, just roll off his back because he knows what those words amount to. Me on the other hand have a much quicker temper, which is what has brought me to this conversation today. I know that everyone has their own opinion and you are entitled to voice your's, as am I. I hope in the next few years my dad is able to prove you wrong and erase anyone's doubts of the kind of sheriff he is trying to be. For the first time in a long time there is someone in office that is trying to make a positive change in Telfair county. Please support him, even if you don't like him. As far as the nepotism accusation, his nephew works in Helena, his son in law for Lumber City PD, and the wife doesn't work at all. The bail bonding business that you are referring to, is in no way a "family business" and if you are so familiar with our family then you will know that. I am not here to fight or throw accusations around about you or anybody else. I am here to defend my father and I will continue to do so. BTW, you know who I am, do I know you?
will from hazlehurst wrote:
so "far from home" are you saying that you are not Johnnies daughter that lives in Buena Vista Ga.??????or maybe a friend of his daughters.....or a family friend or relative....we will anxiously await your reply.....i'm not saying anything bad about johnny, i'm responding to your impartiality......

“Gotta love it”

Since: Sep 08

Georgia

#18 Aug 6, 2009
Far from Home wrote:
Will, you are absolutely right. I am his daughter from BV and I am proud of it. I am also very proud of my dad and thankful for everything that he has done for me,and my family. He is a strong, kind, patient man with a much thicker skin than I. He lets everything that people say, just roll off his back because he knows what those words amount to. Me on the other hand have a much quicker temper, which is what has brought me to this conversation today. I know that everyone has their own opinion and you are entitled to voice your's, as am I. I hope in the next few years my dad is able to prove you wrong and erase anyone's doubts of the kind of sheriff he is trying to be. For the first time in a long time there is someone in office that is trying to make a positive change in Telfair county. Please support him, even if you don't like him. As far as the nepotism accusation, his nephew works in Helena, his son in law for Lumber City PD, and the wife doesn't work at all. The bail bonding business that you are referring to, is in no way a "family business" and if you are so familiar with our family then you will know that. I am not here to fight or throw accusations around about you or anybody else. I am here to defend my father and I will continue to do so. BTW, you know who I am, do I know you?
<quoted text>
Good post. You addressed all the falsehoods directly and articulately. And without getting ugly about it. I wish everyone would follow the example. I salute you.
bob from hazlehurst

Sparks, GA

#19 Aug 6, 2009
no you don't know me, and i almost never comment, I just read whats going on, i'm not criticizing johnny at all , i was just drawn in by your impartiality and the other accusations about a family bail bonding business....since you are related, you cannot be impartial, and you do know for a fact that his wife is employed by the sheriffs deptment at the jail........now since you know all about this accusation and the "family business" bail bonding business, tell everyone so we will all know the facts and clear the air ... please tell us .... do tell.....we shall anxiously await your reply......

“Gotta love it”

Since: Sep 08

Georgia

#20 Aug 6, 2009
bob from hazlehurst wrote:
no you don't know me, and i almost never comment, I just read whats going on, i'm not criticizing johnny at all , i was just drawn in by your impartiality and the other accusations about a family bail bonding business....since you are related, you cannot be impartial, and you do know for a fact that his wife is employed by the sheriffs deptment at the jail........now since you know all about this accusation and the "family business" bail bonding business, tell everyone so we will all know the facts and clear the air ... please tell us .... do tell.....we shall anxiously await your reply......
Ummmmm......bob/will from hazlehurst--- I think if you were to go back and read her post, she has already addressed all the issues you mentioned.

I am not related to Sheriff Smith or his family in any way, so I can be completely impartial. It sounds to me like you have a personal agenda against the Sheriff, and it's difficult for you to find the words to express your thoughts, because you have totally confused me with your post.
But I will tell you this - if I were a Sheriff, I would want people I trusted most around me. My life may depend on them one day. Why would you have a problem with that, anyway, even if it WERE true? Just curious
Far from Home

Enigma, GA

#21 Aug 7, 2009
Will/Bob. I'm not being impartial. I did not say anything bad about any other political figure, I only expressed my approval and pride for the current sheriff. I don't think that, in any way shows impartiality. I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove. I'm not challenging you, nor am I "anxiously" awaiting your responses. This bail bonding business that you are referring to was by no means a "family" business. There was one family member who participated in bail bonding for a few months. He no longer does this and if you were so aware of our every move then you would know this. I did just find out myself that his wife was employed at TSO. I am in no way saying that I approve that decision, but it wasn't mine to make. This pointless argument is coming to an end. I have answered all your questions and addressed all your allegations, but you have not been honest with me. I am sure that if you know so much about me and my family then I would know who you are. I feel that it is only fair that you let me know who you are and then maybe we can discuss these issues further and clear the air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kevin shyrlynn (Jan '11) Sat twixie 9
wondering what yal think of Jackie fulford wise Sat Big red 9
James Wilkes aka wig (Oct '14) Sat Twik Kwik 4
drugs Aug 29 Trena blowhard Manus 8
Dusin Tyler Oliver ......Beware CCA Employees!!!! (Jul '14) Aug 29 Trena blowhard Manus 4
More deleted jville forums Aug 28 Candidate 19
Towns next court date! Aug 26 Justice 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McRae Mortgages