The Current Sheriff
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Moultrie, GA

#1 Jul 17, 2012
I read on another thread about cronyism. I consulted wiki for a definition. Cronyism: "Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications. Hence, cronyism is contrary in practice and principle to meritocracy.

Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact; often, the appointer is inadequate to hold his or her own job or position of authority, and for this reason the appointer appoints individuals who will not try to weaken him or her, or express views contrary to those of the appointer. Politically, "cronyism" is derogatorily used."

I then consulted Wiki on Nepotism. "Nepotism is favoritism granted to relatives regardless of merit.[1] The word nepotism is from the Latin word nepos, nepotis (m. "nephew"), from which modern Romanian nepot and Italian nipote, "nephew" or "grandchild" are also descended."

Sound familiar?
TCC

Tifton, GA

#2 Jul 18, 2012
Sounds like the Smith Gang to me. They must really be getting desperate to put up those signs against Steverson.
Concerned Citizen

Kathleen, GA

#3 Jul 18, 2012
Steverson is the man! Don't pay attention to those
signs...put there by the Myers and J. Dopson (who runs the club in Jax). They are scared and are resorting to extreme measures with those signs.
Concerned Citizen

Kathleen, GA

#4 Jul 18, 2012
Why was the County meeting on the 19th canceled? I had an agreement with a local television station to
video the coverage. I smell Johnny poo in this cancellation.
get it right

Nashville, GA

#5 Jul 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Why was the County meeting on the 19th canceled? I had an agreement with a local television station to
video the coverage. I smell Johnny poo in this cancellation.
The fact is Johnny is the ONLY canadate running that agreed to participate in the debate. It's in this weeks paper.
wuzzit

Macon, GA

#6 Jul 20, 2012
get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is Johnny is the ONLY canadate running that agreed to participate in the debate. It's in this weeks paper.
Well, that speaks volumes to me. Smells like "other-poo" to me.
No problems

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2012
The others just knew that it would descend into a name calling mud slinging three ring circus. You should know by now there cannot be a dignified gathering of adults with differing opinions in Telfair county.
Wise move

Adel, GA

#8 Jul 20, 2012
No problems wrote:
The others just knew that it would descend into a name calling mud slinging three ring circus. You should know by now there cannot be a dignified gathering of adults with differing opinions in Telfair county.
Especially with the SMITH GANG involved. Wise move by our new Sheriff not to be involved.
Yo mama

Hazlehurst, GA

#9 Jul 21, 2012
Y'all are full of sh*t

Since: Jul 12

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Steverson is the man! Don't pay attention to those
signs...put there by the Myers and J. Dopson (who runs the club in Jax). They are scared and are resorting to extreme measures with those signs.
Yall got it all wrong John Dopson dont even run the club anymore! Please get your facts straight before you go falsely accusing somebody! On top of that Carl goes to bed at 9:00!! So, it wasnt Carl & J. Dopson, who put the signs out!
Heres ya sign

Cairo, GA

#11 Jul 22, 2012
**********Newsflash********
Yall Keep Talkin aka John dopson

nobody really cares who you go to bed with at 9:00, nobody likes you or yore bed buddy and whoever you and yore bed buddy is for in any election, most decent people will vote against. bottom line is yall dont matter

Since: Jul 12

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2012
Heres ya sign wrote:
**********Newsflash********
Yall Keep Talkin aka John dopson
nobody really cares who you go to bed with at 9:00, nobody likes you or yore bed buddy and whoever you and yore bed buddy is for in any election, most decent people will vote against. bottom line is yall dont matter
Im NOT John Dopson! & I got news for yall, yall dont matter either!(:
Heres ya sign

Cairo, GA

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Yall Keep Talkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Im NOT John Dopson! & I got news for yall, yall dont matter either!(:
john you have made seven posts using this stupid kid playground name and everyone of them you are defending john yourself dopson, lowe and myers so you a little dumb. nobody wants to ever see you with a badge, carl with a pardon, or lowe and smith together in the sherrif dpt. yall keep on smearing my man, and please keep on putting those cute little pink signs, and hey don't slack up
Rabbit

Dawson, GA

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Putting those pink Citizens against signs was the stupidest political move I've seen in Telfair. I talked to a lot of people who said they where changing their vote to another candidate. A lot of those signs have already been picked up by citizens.
Elections just a few days away.
Jeepers

Savannah, GA

#15 Jul 24, 2012
Wise move wrote:
<quoted text> Especially with the SMITH GANG involved. Wise move by our new Sheriff not to be involved.
The cowardly-lion type of wise? Appears that way

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 26, 2012
Rabbit wrote:
Putting those pink Citizens against signs was the stupidest political move I've seen in Telfair. I talked to a lot of people who said they where changing their vote to another candidate. A lot of those signs have already been picked up by citizens.
Elections just a few days away.
hasnt changed my vote..a truck driver's mentality

Location hidden

#17 Jul 26, 2012
get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
NO he was NOT ...when candidates are notified 3 day's after the deadline on the tenth..looks kind of smithy to us
get it right

Alapaha, GA

#18 Jul 26, 2012
concern citizen55 wrote:
<quoted text>NO he was NOT ...when candidates are notified 3 day's after the deadline on the tenth..looks kind of smithy to us
When candidates lie about something as simple as when they were notified about a forum I wonder how many other lies this candidate may tell. I mean according to the people hosting the event they mailed out letters on the same day. The people holding the event obviously wanted to hold the event or they would not have put it in the paper. So I guess what I'm saying is sounds like the candidate we are talking about just didn't send his letter back in time on purpose because he was scared to be in public and not able to read a scripted answer. Or maybe it's because he really is not the law enforcement expert he claims to be and knows when asked a real question about real problems he could not answer them. Come on people look through the smoke screen, dig deep inside yourself, think about it, and you will know what I have said is the truth. I'm not trying to stir crap here, if you vote for this candidate that we are talking about that's your right and anyone can and should respect that. I just REALLY want everyone to make a good educated decision on the 31st and not just vote for someone because they talk a good game.
Jimmy

Caddo Gap, AR

#19 Jul 27, 2012
Wise move wrote:
<quoted text> Especially with the SMITH GANG involved. Wise move by our new Sheriff not to be involved.
Had there been a public forum, the Sheriff would have shown up just
long enough to be dispatched to an "Emergency" and save face.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 28, 2012
get it right wrote:
<quoted text>
When candidates lie about something as simple as when they were notified about a forum I wonder how many other lies this candidate may tell. I mean according to the people hosting the event they mailed out letters on the same day. The people holding the event obviously wanted to hold the event or they would not have put it in the paper. So I guess what I'm saying is sounds like the candidate we are talking about just didn't send his letter back in time on purpose because he was scared to be in public and not able to read a scripted answer. Or maybe it's because he really is not the law enforcement expert he claims to be and knows when asked a real question about real problems he could not answer them. Come on people look through the smoke screen, dig deep inside yourself, think about it, and you will know what I have said is the truth. I'm not trying to stir crap here, if you vote for this candidate that we are talking about that's your right and anyone can and should respect that. I just REALLY want everyone to make a good educated decision on the 31st and not just vote for someone because they talk a good game.
or a shitty game or threatening game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McRae Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do ya'll know about 18 hr Jop 1
Stop wit da plastic surgery 18 hr Pooe 2
wondering what yal think of Jackie fulford wise Fri Big red 11
James Wilkes aka wig (Oct '14) Sep 2 7 COMPLETION 5
kevin shyrlynn (Jan '11) Aug 29 twixie 9
More deleted jville forums Aug 28 Candidate 19
Towns next court date! Aug 26 Justice 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McRae Mortgages